The TFHs Original Character Thread

Lunamann

Rookie Dark Magick Wielder
Apr 25, 2016
Tennessee
I don't think that's too dark at all, I kinda like these guys actually!
Why thank you. Can't wait to have a bit of fun with 'em!

They remind me of when I edited BypenTheDragon's OC story.
(Check it out, it's only like 2 pages back, it sounds similar to yours... escept his OC is bloodthirsty... so yeah, there's a difference.)

Edit: I'd also think it kind of funny if you called him Manny, just to be patronizing!
AAUGH, I SWEAR I DIDN'T SEE BYPEN'S OC BEFORE MAKING MINE.
Seriously, I find it funny that I'm not the first one to think up a reindeer who was abandoned for X reason, and found a demon.

Also, may I take that idea of calling MHNNDH "Manny"? I also find that hilariously perfect.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Since I plan on joining the Dark Side, might as well have a character (well, two, because daemon) to go along with it.

Name: Lunari Inkeepe

Species: Reindeer

Appearance: A lean build with dark fur, blue and white accents striping down his antlers. Typically adorned with several jeweled necklaces, bracelets, and other jewelry in a myriad of colors, all bound to highly polished silver. His hooves and antlers are perpetually shrouded in a frosty mist due to his altered ice magic. His hind left leg is mangled, shrunken, and twisted, yet encased in a sort of icy, silvery cast that functions as the leg itself.

History: Not all Reindeer can live up to the Elves' expectations, due to injury, birth defect, or simply being a runt. Most "rejects" are simply taken in by other elves, who care for them despite- or maybe because of- their flaws. Such, perhaps, was to be the fate of Lunari, a rising star in Rein theatre who, after a magic accident cost him his hind left leg, was abandoned by his own elves, and left to fend for himself on a cold winter night, with only the light of the full moon as his company... or so he thought. As he was trudging through the snow on three legs, he stumbled across a silver Elven handmirror laying abandoned in the snow. His discovery led him away from his icy brethren, and to a darker path, lit by the silver moon... Too dark? I'm a bit unsure on this. Any feebdack on this backstory would be highly appreciated.

Personality: Lunari, like his Rein brethren, is quite vain, and takes great pride in his own appearance- hence all the jewelry. He is also rather dramatic, often up-playing or down-playing things to suit his goals (or have fun, as the case may be.)

---

Name: MHNNDH ("Mann")

Species: Daemon (formerly Feline?)

Appearance: A daemon bound to a silver Elven handmirror encrusted with sapphires. He only appears in the image the mirror reflects, where he depicts himself as a black cat, despite the daemon's voice coming from the mirror itself. A being looking into MHNNDH's mirror often feels a strange, warm sensation where he is depicted as touching them- which happens often, as he often depicts himself draped along the onlooker's shoulders.

History: Not much is known for sure about MHNNDH's origins, but he purports to have originally been a Predator of the feline persuasion. He was drawn to the dark arts by a particularly conniving Elven spirit, who managed to trick him into trading places- binding MHNNDH to the mirror and freeing the demon. He is unsure if this other daemon was caught and bound to something else afterwards- in his own words, "It's not like I can go and check, seeing as I'm stuck in this mirror myself." Interestingly, he claims to have been a "tabby" before he was led to the dark arts.

Personality: Quick-witted, snide, and uncaring, all three are hallmarks of MHNNDH. With a quick tongue to match his biting wit, this daemon wants nothing more than to be free of his silvery prison, and is quick to let anyone know about it. He does, interestingly, have a few other motives, and at times he seems to use the "I just want to get out" excuse a tad too liberally... as if he's covering up some other, darker goal...
Another one joins the cast?

Excellent. Most ... excellent...

Red Text aside: I think the idea you've more or less come up with about the injured/disabled deer is kinda legit in a way. I mean, Foenum ain't no happy land of sunshine and candy raindrops. Thus, the idea of that kind of thing gives me an odd warm fuzzy in the heart.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Mhunndane Hoers. That's a totally fitting name for a feline-demon-stuff.

There are quite the number of demons scattered all around Fenum it seems. It's like all those random humans popping up in Ponyville.
-Another mind bending, world shattering demon? Eh, just toss it on that pile.-
Now I can imagine a library filled with them and anyone can just walk in and take one. And now we need a story for that.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas

Seriously, I find it funny that I'm not the first one to think up a reindeer who was abandoned for X reason, and found a demon.

Also, may I take that idea of calling MHNNDH "Manny"? I also find that hilariously perfect.
Sure, I made it especially for your OC, so go ahead.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains

There are quite the number of demons scattered all around Fenum it seems. It's like all those random humans popping up in Ponyville.
Now I can imagine a library filled with them and anyone can just walk in and take one. And now we need a story for that.
Interestingly enough, Pact makers do indeed seem to be the most common type of OC at the moment. Though, perhaps that's fine and dandy. After all, just about any race can be a pact maker. And, also, if one wanted to join in the RP, it's really the only one that pretty much can have anything join it, outside of the UFC, which is pure neutral. (I'm not mentioning a certain other faction because that would just be shameless promotion :p) Outside of that, I suspect that many find the idea of a struggle like this to be most interesting. And who knows? After all, it was never said that Fred was one-of-a-kind.

Though, now I'm mildy tempted to write said story...
But I won't :D

Lunamann

Apr 25, 2016
Tennessee

Mhunndane Hoers actually kinda works. Although it's honestly working back from "Mann" and not the other way around...

Also, I honestly didn't realize there were so many people with demon'd OCs out there. Hm, probably should've looked around a bit more before adding my own... although OC is right, there IS an "any race can be a pact maker" aspect to it.

Also
Sure, I made it especially for your OC, so go ahead.
Thanks!

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Mhunndane Hoers actually kinda works. Although it's honestly working back from "Mann" and not the other way around...

Also, I honestly didn't realize there were so many people with demon'd OCs out there. Hm, probably should've looked around a bit more before adding my own... although OC is right, there IS an "any race can be a pact maker" aspect to it.

Also

Thanks!
No prob man!

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Well, you can have any race in any other group as well. Zero for example have a sheep, that is actually a robotic teddy bear.
But don't take my comment to heart too much, as long as the "having a demon" don't go into balck and red alicorn levels of unoriginality, there is nothing wrong with it. Albeit it is still funny how many are there. Seriously, there should be a library somewhere, just filled to the brim with books like these.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Well, you can have any race in any other group as well. Zero for example have a sheep, that is actually a robotic teddy bear.
But don't take my comment to heart too much, as long as the "having a demon" don't go into balck and red alicorn levels of unoriginality, there is nothing wrong with it. Albeit it is still funny how many are there. Seriously, there should be a library somewhere, just filled to the brim with books like these.
ESCUESE ME!!! I have 2, Two, TWO!!!!!! OC's.
ONE!!!! is a sheep!
And TWO, or the second one, is a Robotic Bear from the Dead Rising series.
Know the difference.

Lunamann

Apr 25, 2016
Tennessee
Well, I'm not sure a library would fit very well. After all, not all demons are bound to books- MHNNDH is bound to a mirror, for example, and CrpCrwls's demon is bound directly to his OC's body. Still should be some sort of repository, though...

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
And TWO, or the second one, is a Robotic Bear from the Dead Rising series.
Is still with the sheep. Don't bring silly things, like actual thought out answers to an argument!
Well, I'm not sure a library would fit very well. After all, not all demons are bound to books- MHNNDH is bound to a mirror, for example, and CrpCrwls's demon is bound directly to his OC's body. Still should be some sort of repository, though...
Think of it as an ethereal catalog, rather than a library. It's for the gods, so it doesn't have to make sense.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I'm actually part Longma, since I learned how to use their flames after being burned by them... yyyeah, just let that sink in.
Nah, I'm just kidding, can't be going and making my OC OP, now can I?;)

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Yes, it's down the hall and to the left. It's past The Pit of Despair, which will be on your right, and just before The Hall of Agony. The door should be unlocked, but do be sure to close it behind you. The demons complain otherwise.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Yes, it's down the hall and to the left. It's past The Pit of Despair, which will be on your right, and just before The Hall of Agony. The door should be unlocked, but do be sure to close it behind you. The demons complain otherwise.
I can sort of imagine these names are sarcastic and the demons just named them like this for fun. I mean, who would want to have nothing but torture rooms in their house?

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
And don't forget the Cookies of Calamity, those are the best, NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS! Apples of Anarchy got nothin on these cookies!
Is still with the sheep. Don't bring silly things, like actual thought out answers to an argument!

Think of it as an ethereal catalog, rather than a library. It's for the gods, so it doesn't have to make sense.
They're two SEPARATE sheeple!
They're just good friends on top of it because I was too lazy to make them independent of each other.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
And don't forget the Cookies of Calamity
Oh yes. YYYINSTTS cooked up a batch the other day. I do belive that there should still be some in the Cauldron of Chaos that s/he used which can be found in the Kitchen of Death to your right and just up the stairs. Oh, and I do mean s/he.

Apples of Anarchy got nothin on these cookies!
We do have a couple of those ... most of the time ... sometimes. Anyway, those are to your right and down the hall and out of the door into the Garden of Despair.

I can sort of imagine these names are sarcastic and the demons just named them like this for fun. I mean, who would want to have nothing but torture rooms in their house?
I agree! Such names are simply tacky for one's home. However, since we are in a repository, naming conventions are up to the boss. Though, I still think those names are tacky, just don't tell my boss I said that...please.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
They're two SEPARATE sheeple!
Yes, I am perfectly aware of that, I never considered them as one, I was only talking about your bear.
But to quote you from the past:
*Ahem*
My OC is representing the Sheep, it's just that my OC is a Robotic Talking Bear from an alternate plane of existence, that's all.
Now that I think about it, he just mastered Firections™. His lore might need some updating.

don't tell my boss I said that...please.
Ummm, oops... I mean, how does he look like?

Reactions: 0Zero100

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Oh, okay, he's been dealt with. The misunderstanding has been cleared. By the by you shouldn't keep gasoline next to a precariously wobbly candle.
Is that how your avatar came to be that way?
Also:
Yes, I am perfectly aware of that, I never considered them as one, I was only talking about your bear.
But to quote you from the past:
*Ahem*

Now that I think about it, he just mastered Firections™. His lore might need some updating.

Ummm, oops... I mean, how does he look like?
Aaaaaa! You're right, I did master those!

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Oh yes. YYYINSTTS cooked up a batch the other day. I do belive that there should still be some in the Cauldron of Chaos that s/he used which can be found in the Kitchen of Death to your right and just up the stairs. Oh, and I do mean s/he.

We do have a couple of those ... most of the time ... sometimes. Anyway, those are to your right and down the hall and out of the door into the Garden of Despair.

I agree! Such names are simply tacky for one's home. However, since we are in a repository, naming conventions are up to the boss. Though, I still think those names are tacky, just don't tell my boss I said that...please.
We have a lot of '... of Despair's, why not mix it up with a ' of Desolation' or 'of Agony' or 'of Silence' ?
Is that too much to ask!?
I always knew my boss had the hots for this job...
He does his job so well that you could say he's... on fire!
*YYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I always knew my boss had the hots for this job...
You just outjammed Rich.
We have a lot of '... of Despair's, why not mix it up with a ' of Desolation' or 'of Agony' or 'of Silence' ?
Is that too much to ask!?
The Walls of Woe! The Garden of Grief! The Docks of Devastation! The Balcony of Beheading! The Tunnel of Traquility! ... That last one needs some work

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
You just outjammed Rich.

The Walls of Woe! The Garden of Grief! The Docks of Devastation! The Balcony of Beheading! The Tunnel of Traquility! ... That last one needs some work
The Valley of Vertigo! The Wheel of MIS-fortune! The Bucket of Bewilderment! The Chair of Chastising! The Book of Penny Royal! (LARSON, GET OFF OF MY COMPUTER!)
Also, my bad.
I re-read your post and now see that you meant that I was PART of the Sheep while being a bear. Whereas I read it as, I was a Sheep that DISGUISED himself to look like a bear. So, I'm sorry about that.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
This post reminded me of NSP's "No Reason Boner"
"There are 3! 3! 3! Kinds of erections!"
Nice!
The Valley of Vertigo! The Wheel of MIS-fortune! The Bucket of Bewilderment! The Chair of Chastising! The Book of Penny Royal! (LARSON, GET OFF OF MY COMPUTER!)
Also, my bad.
I re-read your post and now see that you meant that I was PART of the Sheep while being a bear. Whereas I read it as, I was a Sheep that DISGUISED himself to look like a bear. So, I'm sorry about that.
And in this corner of the chamber of maniacal slumber, you can clearly see BLDCLW TH§ ¿AV§GE?, serving her sentence for having tried to turn on her master with a giant robot. :p

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
A bit back on topic, which ungulate race would be best suited for being a bona-fide swashbuckling sailor? And no, sea creatures don't count.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Is that how your avatar came to be that way?
I actually forgot to answer this, even though I wanted to.
No, I just thought about Paprika being the reckoning of the world. First I wanted to draw fires only into her eyes, but then I thought: Sod it, she will be standing in a field of fire, merrily listening to the orchestra of screams.

Also, I have a few new OCs in queue, just need to get into the mood of writing them. One is inspired by all of those demon OCs. And my avatar.
And probably anyone can use them. Some might be perfect as NPCs for all those RP forums.

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Clearly the correct answer is pig
And this is where I'd put my bacon... IF I HAD SOME!!!
I actually forgot to answer this, even though I wanted to.
No, I just thought about Paprika being the reckoning of the world. First I wanted to draw fires only into her eyes, but then I thought: Sod it, she will be standing in a field of fire, merrily listening to the orchestra of screams.

Also, I have a few new OCs in queue, just need to get into the mood of writing them. One is inspired by all of those demon OCs. And my avatar.
And probably anyone can use them. Some might be perfect as NPCs for all those RP forums.
Ooo. Now I'm interested.

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

I'm late to this but
HAAA FIRST

btw: I don't mind I figured someone else would come up with a similar OC eventually

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Okay, let's try this on phone.

Name: Unknown
Race: Unknown. Suspected paca.

"Ever seen a standoff before? No matter the severity, be it a staring contest between children, or a fight between crime families. Yes?
And tell me, have you ever listened to them?
No matter where you are, you always hear some kind of tune. You are too young to remember, but this was not always like this.
Nobody knows where it comes from. Nobody knows how is it made.
Only, that it started when a new music shop opened in the capital twenty years ago.
At first it even broke up fights, as everyone looked for the musical culprint. From constabulary to criminal, from lowly street urchin, to the richest trader, all looked for it. There is even a bounty posted for anyone who can finally identify the "miscreant".
But after all these years people just got used to the music. And for you little one, it is impossible to imagine any contest without music am I right?"

Late afternoon the child was finally ready to go home after listening to the cloaked mister's tales. The usual wrestling match of his brothers was ending as he arrived, his mother just finishing with their dinner. The last thing he saw before entering, was a fluffy lady in a weird wide cap smiling warmly to him.

---
Aww yeah, finally got to it. She is the brainchild of a conversation with Zero, it is ....somewhere if you want to find it. Not sure if something of this style is fitting in this thread, but I don't care, I like it. She's all mysterious. Also, the bounty is still active, only nobody cares.
The first part was told by the Storyteller, since I should start to use him anyways.