The TFHs Original Character Thread

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Spoilers: Neither do I
Ever played Galactic civilizations? They have a race called Snathi, basically the embodiment of pure evil (They are referred as something similar). They also look like squirrels. So you can say that avatar is one of them .
-edit-
These guys are E-V-I-L! It's rumored that the Dread Lords, in a last ditch effort to destroy the Arnorians in the epic Battle of Kalis-Yu', focused all their dark energy, malice, and hatred into an army of war-hungry demons... the SNATHI! Now, after billions of years hoarding their proverbial 'Nuts', the Snathi have metaphorically 'climbed out of their tree' and will 'gnaw the galaxy with their big squirrel-like teeth'... so to speak.

The Snathi are an ancient race of extremely intelligent and bloodthirsty squirrel-like creatures. They were created by the Dread Lords as the ultimate weapon, but were locked away… until now.

The Snathi have risen from the ashes of their Precursor prison world. They have only one goal: revenge. The Snathi have vowed to put down those who kept them from taking from their rightful place as the heirs of the Dread Lords.

No race is safe from the true face of EVIL... even if it is as cute as a button.
-edit over-
Isn't it from that silly move though, where you couldn't feed that random pet after midnight? Don't know the name
Totes fitting discussion for the thread though.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Ow. Seriously :D:D:D:D:D:

Now there is nothing stopping you from using that in one of your stories.
A temptation I will have to resit. Though for how long, I know not...

Ever played Galactic civilizations? They have a race called Snathi, basically the embodiment of pure evil (They are referred as something similar). They also look like squirrels. So you can say that avatar is one of them .
-edit-
These guys are E-V-I-L! It's rumored that the Dread Lords, in a last ditch effort to destroy the Arnorians in the epic Battle of Kalis-Yu', focused all their dark energy, malice, and hatred into an army of war-hungry demons... the SNATHI! Now, after billions of years hoarding their proverbial 'Nuts', the Snathi have metaphorically 'climbed out of their tree' and will 'gnaw the galaxy with their big squirrel-like teeth'... so to speak.

The Snathi are an ancient race of extremely intelligent and bloodthirsty squirrel-like creatures. They were created by the Dread Lords as the ultimate weapon, but were locked away… until now.

The Snathi have risen from the ashes of their Precursor prison world. They have only one goal: revenge. The Snathi have vowed to put down those who kept them from taking from their rightful place as the heirs of the Dread Lords.

No race is safe from the true face of EVIL... even if it is as cute as a button.
-edit over-
Isn't it from that silly move though, where you couldn't feed that random pet after midnight? Don't know the name
Totes fitting discussion for the thread though.
There's actually story behind the little squirlly monster/thing I'm using. It comes from the opening days of the forum, but this is not the thread to discuss such things :p

What we are here for however:
Like I'm reading a bloody Timid Ferovore Hoers. sorry

Call her Fluffy, cus irony. (Or Tabitha. That's a german name I think)
Or, I've found a fun site.
*Ahem*
Name: Ayalon (or Ayal for short. Both means gazelle)
Race: Gazelle
He will get a thick coat (the coat-coat, not his fur) and his "own" sprite eventually.
And due to a gazelle's usually thin build he's often confude for a female. (There are fat gazelles though as they don't really need to run from cheetahs nowadays)

Gazelles. The fastest of the ungulates. The rulers of the warm savannah. And for all that is holy, none of them were ever meant to be so far north.

"Whyyyyyyy, just whyyyyyy?" Ayal shivered in the carriage. "Why is it always me?"
The reappearance of the predators and the tournament was on everyone's mind. The Gazelle Gazette, as the biggest local newspaper, obviously wanted some first-hand imformation. Thanks to this, our hero was shivering in the "heated" carriage, under several blankets, heading to Rein.
----
The first news arrived only a few weeks ago. The Predators are back! For this, several cities started hosting tournaments to choose their best. Of course the people were starved for imformation. From gossip to interviews, from pretty drawn pictures to researcher's opinions, the people craved knowledge.

The agency was in an uproar. In times like this, first-hoof reports worth their weight in gold. Journalists were sent to every corner of the world, except one. The one that gave gazelles nightmares. The dreaded North. Nobody wanted to volunteer. However, this was not unheard of in the Gazette, so as usual, the youngest one was volunteered by everyone else. The one named Ayalon already had experience in hostile enviroments anyways (not by choice mind you), so it's the perfect choice! Oh, how he hated his co-workers. Hopefully that letter sent to the authorities will bear fruit soon.
---
The carriage finally ground to a halt. It's over. He's here at least. Now to watch that tournament and head the heck home from this frozen nightmare.
"Ma'am? Are you Miss Ayalon?" a large reindeer adressed him.
"M-m-miss? E-x-x-xcuse m-m-e, b-b-but I am a g-g-guy. Y-y-yes I'm A-a-yalon," Ayal managet do answer through his rattling teeth.
The deer nodded before offering a folded paper to him. "We've got an urgent letter adressed for you". His job now complete, the deer simply turned around and started trotting away.
"The inn is just to your left, get a warm mead," he adressed Ayal, before finally disappearing behind a corner.

The bell didn't even have time to start ringing, before a shivering brownish blur teleported in front of the fireplace. Finally, in some relative warmth Ayal opened the letter.

The inn was later renamed "Swearing Gazelle".
Not gonna lie, this got a good giggle it did. So, I take it your OC is a spectator, if not reporter, of the goings-on of the battles that lay ahead?

This s my first OC I am ever making so constructive criticism is helpful and apreashitive. (there will probably be lots of spelling errors) (its kind of 2 OC's in one)
name ideas are welcome
My OC's name is ________ (still deciding)
her appearance is a black coated reindeer with extremely short antlers and has a deep purple secondary color, relatively small in size, looks young for her age(there is a reason to this)
Note: when younger her main coat color was white
Note 2: this story takes place 43 years before Velvet's
______ was a young deer that was separated from her school during a school field trip, lost in a blizzard and was presumed dead. Lost in the blizzard the young reindeer came across a very dark purple neck less that was attached to the demon ZMPTN (name debatable to change literally just typed random letters). Desperate ______ ended up making a pact with the demon in order to survive. ZMPTN explained that he was a lesser demon of old and fought for the Ungulates in the war against the predators, only to be thrown away for the unicorn that was pact with him was scared of dark magic. After the blizzard ended _____ tried to return to her village only to be disowned by her parents and shunned by everyone for her acceptance in dark magic. At this point she cracked and tried to kill her town for not re-accepting her. She was luckily stopped by ZMPTN who knew that in time the predators would be threatened to be released. ZMPTN took this time to train ______ in the dark magic but ended up not so well as ZMPTH was week from so many years in the frozen north and _____'s magic was poor only allowing the ability of small summoning, and limited use of ice magic and telepathy. Over the years of training it was revealed to _____ that her pact stunted her growth to wear her mind grew at a normal rate but her body only looked a day older in the span of ten years. Another problems with the isolated training is that ______ became mentally unstable. She would often begin to practice and carry knifes in her clothes and fluff and being ticked off at the slightest insult. The only thing keeping her from going on a murder fest was the level head of ZMPTN. As a team these two went across the lands spreading some of the first new of the predator's return. Currently ZMPTN is planning to get him and ______ signed up with the Faction called The Dark Side.

Summery: _____ is a crazy, wants to be homicidal, nutcase only kept in check by a demon that nobody trusts(cuz he's a demon) ZMPTN is a level headed demon who is limited by age and crippling.
(I made this OC because I wanted a character to be a crazy person while at the same time be wise and tactful and I thought a crazy person with a level headed demon perfect.
their probably will not be artwork of this OC because I can't draw
to be continued/edited as necessary.
#Badwithnames
As one with an OC that's also nutters, I must say I approve, though your OC might be a bit murdery for my tastes :D

That said, You mentioned that his demon fought FOR the Ungulates. I take it there's a story there, yes?

Reactions: BypenThynDragon

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Not gonna lie, this got a good giggle it did. So, I take it your OC is a spectator, if not reporter, of the goings-on of the battles that lay ahead?
Kinda-sorta. As a non-reindeer who is also a "new guy" he will be a runner for some time. He would be bloody good at it as well, since he is about twice as fast as anyone else in the city. I'm currently thinking about a story when he finally snags a sprite for himself ang gets a house so he can save up money for his return trip (spoiler: he won't escape) instead of paying for a room at the inn.
Also, if you got a giggle out of it, it had served its purpose. Beside giving me an actually usable character that is.

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I can help you with making the story sound cleaner and more concise.
*Cracks Knuckles*
Let's rock!
//////Note: These are just MY opinions and ARE NOT meant to insult you in any way, shape, or form.THEY ARE JUST HERE AS "SUGGESTIONS" please don't take offense, and remember, you DON'T have to take my advice. \\\\\\\\

1.-"...her appearance is a black coated reindeer with extremely short antlers and has a deep purple secondary color, relatively small in size, looks young for her age(there is a reason to this)"
1.-( I think the sentence would flow better as follows:
"...she is a relatively small black-coated reindeer with a deep purple undercoat (I'm assuming you meant an undercoat.), short antlers, and despite her age, still looks very young."
But that's just MY way of writing it, I'm not forcing you to change anything.)

2.-Note: when younger her main coat color was white
2.-Note: ///When\\\ younger her main coat color was white/.\
(Simple spelling errors. Forgot to capitalize "W"hen, and forgot to end with a period.)

3.-Note 2: this story takes place 43 years before Velvet's
3.-Note 2: ///This\\\ story takes place 43 years before Velvet's/.\
(Just more punctuation errors. No capital first letter and missing a period at the end again.)

4.-"Sam (I'm using "SAM" as a PLACEHOLDER NAME, I am in NO WAY suggesting this as her name. That decision fall onto you, I'm just using it because I don't like having _____ as a placeholder.) was a young deer that was separated from her school during a school field trip, lost in a blizzard and was presumed dead."
4.-( All of these are just how I would remake the sentence to make it sound better.)"Sam was just a tiny faw when she got separated from her classmates during a school field trip where she ended up lost in a blizzard and was presumed dead."

5.-"Lost in the blizzard the young reindeer came across a very dark purple neck less that was attached to the demon ZMPTN (name debatable to change literally just typed random letters)."

5.-"Lost in the blizzard, the young reindeer came across a very dark purple necklace which, she soon found out, contained the demon ZMPTN."

6.-"ZMPTN explained that he was a lesser demon of old and fought for the Ungulates in the war against the predators, only to be thrown away for the unicorn that was pact with him was scared of dark magic."
6.-"... against the predators, only to be thrown away, for the unicorn whom he had made a pact with feared dark magic."

7."After the blizzard ended _____ tried to return to her village only to be disowned by her parents and shunned by everyone for her acceptance in dark magic."
7.-"After the blizzard had ended, Sam tried to return to her village, only to be disowned by her parents and shunned by everyone for her acceptance of dark magic."

8.-"At this point she cracked and tried to kill her town for not re-accepting her."
8.-"It was at this point that she cracked and attempted to murder her whole village for not re-accepting her."

9.-"She was luckily stopped by ZMPTN who knew that in time the predators would be threatened to be released."
9.-"Luckily she was stopped by ZMPTN, who knew that, in time, the predators would threaten Foenum once again with their re-release."

10.-"ZMPTN took this time to train ______ in the dark magic but ended up not so well as ZMPTH was week from so many years in the frozen north and _____'s magic was poor only allowing the ability of small summoning, and limited use of ice magic and telepathy."
10.-"ZMPTN took this time to teach Sam the Dark Arts, with minimal results, as ZMPTN was weak from many years spent in the frozen north and Sam's magic was so poor that is was limited to small summons, a bit of Ice magic, and Telepathy."

11.-"Over the years of training it was revealed to _____ that her pact stunted her growth to wear her mind grew at a normal rate but her body only looked a day older in the span of ten years."
11.-"After years of training, Sam realised that her pact with ZMPTN had stunted her growth, her mind still grew at a normal rate, but her body looked like it hadn't aged a day, even after 10 years."

12.-"Another problems with the isolated training is that ______ became mentally unstable."
12.-"Another //PROBLEM\\ with her isolated training is that Sam had become mentally unstable."

13.-"She would often begin to practice and carry knifes in her clothes and fluff and being ticked off at the slightest insult."

13.-"She had gotten into the habit of carrying knives in her clothes and fluff and would get ticked off at the slightest insult."

14.-"The only thing keeping her from going on a murder fest was the level head of ZMPTN."
14.-"The only thing keeping her from going on a murdering spree was ZMPTN's level head.

15.-"As a team these two went across the lands spreading some of the first new of the predator's return."
15.-"As a team these two traversed the lands, spreading some of the first news of the predator's eventual return."

16.-"Currently ZMPTN is planning to get him and ______ signed up with the Faction called The Dark Side."
16.-"Currently, ZMPTN is attempting to enroll himself and Sam into the The Dark Side, a Faction with a number of members much like themselves."

17.-"Summery: _____ is a crazy, wants to be homicidal, nutcase only kept in check by a demon that nobody trusts(cuz he's a demon) ZMPTN is a level headed demon who is limited by age and crippling."
17.-"Summary: Sam is a crazy, semi-homicidal, nutcase only kept in check by a demon that nobody trusts (cuz he's a demon). ZMPTN is a level-headed demon who is limited by age and severely crippled powers.

Now, these are only meant as MY opinions on how the story COULD be written, NOT on how it SHOULD be written, that's entirely up to you. But if you just wanted a list of all of your spelling errors, here have this:
My OC's name is ________ (still deciding)

1-her appearance is a black coated reindeer with extremely short antlers and has a deep purple secondary color, relatively small in size, looks young for her age(there is a reason to this)
1-//Her\\... (there is a reason //for\\ this)

2-Note: when younger her main coat color was white
2-Note 2: this story takes place 43 years before Velvet's
(See above #' 2 & 3.)

3-Lost in the blizzard the young reindeer came across a very dark purple neck less that was attached to the demon ZMPTN (name debatable to change literally just typed random letters).
3-...//necklace\\

4-ZMPTN took this time to train ______ in the dark magic but ended up not so well as ZMPTH was week from so many years in the frozen north and _____'s magic was poor only allowing the ability of small summoning, and limited use of ice magic and telepathy.
4-... as ZMPTN was //weak\\...

5-Over the years of training it was revealed to _____ that her pact stunted her growth to wear her mind grew at a normal rate but her body only looked a day older in the span of ten years.
5-... to //where\\...

6-Another problems with the isolated training is that ______ became mentally unstable.
6-See above #12.

7-She would often begin topractice and carry knifes in her clothes and fluff and being ticked off at the slightest insult.
7-...// to practice\\...

8-Summery: _____ is a crazy, wants to be homicidal, nutcase only kept in check by a demon that nobody trusts(cuz he's a demon) ZMPTN is a level headed demon who is limited by age and crippling.
8-//Summary\\...
Again, no offense meant. Please don't hate me.
largely appreciate the feebdack, I feel like your suggestions here help it flow a lot better, I
never was good at English

Like I'm reading a bloody Timid Ferovore Hoers. sorry

Call her Fluffy, cus irony. (Or Tabitha. That's a german name I think)
Or, I've found a fun site.
*Ahem*
Name: Ayalon (or Ayal for short. Both means gazelle)
Race: Gazelle
He will get a thick coat (the coat-coat, not his fur) and his "own" sprite eventually.
And due to a gazelle's usually thin build he's often confude for a female. (There are fat gazelles though as they don't really need to run from cheetahs nowadays)

Gazelles. The fastest of the ungulates. The rulers of the warm savannah. And for all that is holy, none of them were ever meant to be so far north.

"Whyyyyyyy, just whyyyyyy?" Ayal shivered in the carriage. "Why is it always me?"
The reappearance of the predators and the tournament was on everyone's mind. The Gazelle Gazette, as the biggest local newspaper, obviously wanted some first-hand imformation. Thanks to this, our hero was shivering in the "heated" carriage, under several blankets, heading to Rein.
----
The first news arrived only a few weeks ago. The Predators are back! For this, several cities started hosting tournaments to choose their best. Of course the people were starved for imformation. From gossip to interviews, from pretty drawn pictures to researcher's opinions, the people craved knowledge.

The agency was in an uproar. In times like this, first-hoof reports worth their weight in gold. Journalists were sent to every corner of the world, except one. The one that gave gazelles nightmares. The dreaded North. Nobody wanted to volunteer. However, this was not unheard of in the Gazette, so as usual, the youngest one was volunteered by everyone else. The one named Ayalon already had experience in hostile enviroments anyways (not by choice mind you), so it's the perfect choice! Oh, how he hated his co-workers. Hopefully that letter sent to the authorities will bear fruit soon.
---
The carriage finally ground to a halt. It's over. He's here at least. Now to watch that tournament and head the heck home from this frozen nightmare.
"Ma'am? Are you Miss Ayalon?" a large reindeer adressed him.
"M-m-miss? E-x-x-xcuse m-m-e, b-b-but I am a g-g-guy. Y-y-yes I'm A-a-yalon," Ayal managet do answer through his rattling teeth.
The deer nodded before offering a folded paper to him. "We've got an urgent letter adressed for you". His job now complete, the deer simply turned around and started trotting away.
"The inn is just to your left, get a warm mead," he adressed Ayal, before finally disappearing behind a corner.

The bell didn't even have time to start ringing, before a shivering brownish blur teleported in front of the fireplace. Finally, in some relative warmth Ayal opened the letter.

The inn was later renamed "Swearing Gazelle".
thanks for the site I might use it in the future, also Fluffy is great cuz who doesn't love a fluffy psycho (instantly makes OC 20% more fluffier)
Also loved your OC the end made me laugh Good Job have a sticker

Last edited:

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
As one with an OC that's also nutters, I must say I approve, though your OC might be a bit murdery for my tastes :D

That said, You mentioned that his demon fought FOR the Ungulates. I take it there's a story there, yes?
My OC loves murder her favorite color is the blood of her enemies.:D

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
largely appreciate the feebdack, I feel like your suggestions here help it flow a lot better, I
never was good at English
Oh My GOOOOOOOOOOOOD, you have no IDEA how relieved that makes me feel!

Edit: Avering, buddy, I just noticed that we're journalist buddies! Yay!

Last edited:

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
My OC loves murder her favorite color is the blood of her enemies.:D
How about:
Zoom, the Proprietor of Trademark?
Zaz, Zilch, Zack, Zero... no that last one sounds stupid, only a kid would use such a lame name...
Moving on!
Zetsu, Zoren, Zil, Ziggy, Zurg, Zen, Zumba!
Zefer, Zail, Zaex, Zorrix, Zesty, Zoleander, Zom, Zarizona, Zelvet, Zaprika, Zianhuo!
Anything spark your interest?

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
How about:
Zaz, Zilch, Zack, Zero... no that last one sounds stupid, only a kid would use such a lame name...
Moving on!
Zefer, Zail, Zaex, Zorrix, Zesty, Zoleander, Zom, Zarizona, Zelvet, Zaprika, Zianhuo!
One of these might be good for my demon's nickname (mostly so I don't have to go back and forth making sure I spelled it right) but which one?

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
One of these might be good for my demon's nickname (mostly so I don't have to go back and forth making sure I spelled it right) but which one?
I don't know, I just wrote as many Z names as I could think of, and made up a few....
Plus, ZMPTN's name doesn't necessarily need to start with a Z, I just used the first letter of his letters as a base. You can choose whatever you want, its your OC after all.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I vote for Zaz or Zil. It's short, it can be used as a nickname for almost all kind of otherwordly name one might come up, and it also gives a bit of an irony (scary monster with the name of Zaz/Zil)

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I vote for Zaz or Zil. It's short, it can be used as a nickname for almost all kind of otherwordly name one might come up, and it also gives a bit of an irony (scary monster with the name of Zaz/Zil)
Really? I personally prefer Zumba... you read that right.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
*Squints back*
*Music continues playing*
Who's playing that music? And what are we trying to look at? I don't see it.
What? No I just forgot to bring my sunglasses and it's bright outside.
OC character discussion at its finest. Now we need a musician paca who randomly does western music and nobody knows where he/she is hiding during it.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
What? No I just forgot to bring my sunglasses and it's bright outside.
OC character discussion at its finest. Now we need a musician paca who randomly does western music and nobody knows where he/she is hiding during it.
Or Pap could be pulling a Party Hoers and play 10 different instruments at once and make this scene as epic as possible with my OC "Zero" and your OC "Storyteller" facing each other in ranged quarters combat.
P.S. Did you ever change that thing with him sort of creating the Shear & Cheer festivals?

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Or Pap could be pulling a Party Hoers and play 10 different instruments at once
I think that should be a different paca, who pops into existence in all kind of faceoff (no matter how silly) and starts playing music for it. Paprika should be one of his/her victim. (Doing a hug-off with somebody while some randomly fitting music starts playing). The only thing I'm certain of is that he/she should have a sombrero. Cus sombrero.
P.S. Did you ever change that thing with him sort of creating the Shear & Cheer festivals?
Nah, I only thought that he would just grab some fluff to hide and subsequently told the sheep there is a massive party in the town center (which they obviously believed), so he can get the hell away from those giant dogs.
Never took the time to actually write it. But in all honesty, I want to leave the guy just there as a common OC, so if anyone hits a snag in their story he can be there to say something useful. He was meant to be an unknown and a just there guy and not a main character. (Also we don't know enough of the lore to make him a major character)

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Thanks for the feebdack on the names but I thought about it and I think I'm going with Zack.
(ill change it in the backstory when I get back from school later today)

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Thanks for the feebdack on the names but I thought about it and I think I'm going with Zack.
(ill change it in the backstory when I get back from school later today)
Nooo We didn't have time to complete our face-off with Zero!
CAM00095.jpg
Yes, my character is looking into the barrel. And Zero is abiding of the age old truth: Fair fight is for suckers

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Nooo We didn't have time to complete our face-off with Zero!
View attachment 576 Yes, my character is looking into the barrel. And Zero is abiding of the age old truth: Fair fight is for suckers
Saved. Also, that's SO COOOOOL!!!! Plus, It's TOTALLY feasible for my weapons to be there you just gotta BELIIIIIIIIIIEVE!!!!!!

The Yaski

Acting representative of the Empire of Tianhuo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
How about:
Moving on!
The Ziz. And make is look like a pure white being composed almost entirely of wings. Anyone who gets that reference without Google gets a cookie.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
The Ziz. And make is look like a pure white being composed almost entirely of wings. Anyone who gets that reference without Google gets a cookie.
Uhhh, eeeehh, oooohhh,
*Looks it up on Google*
Wow... that was one of the names that I THOUGHT I made up...OK, sort of, I was close. Huh, rad man, rad.
Awwww, I don't get a cookie:mad::mad::(.

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
I'm thinking about the one from the webserial Worm ^^ and also the mythological creature the name came from too but mostly Worm.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm thinking about the one from the webserial Worm ^^ and also the mythological creature the name came from too but mostly Worm.
Congratulations, you get the best cookie for being right on the money! Clap and a half for you!

CrpCrwls

Feb 6, 2016
Wasn't I supposed to do something? Oh yeah I should have written down my characer's background AGES ago... oops

Gaosung and Tzng the Crimson Flame

Gaosung's general appearance is the same as the typical green-scaled dragon-like-horse longma, however his fire burn blue, and it's flames are a lot smaller than any other. As a consequence his flames wings are too short for proper flight, though they can still be useful. However this state is not natural, his flames are just as hot as anyone else's, he just keeps them under tight control all the time because if he doesn't pay attention to them Tzng can strenghten them to start fires. He is calm and collected, though his sunken eyes suggest he is more tired than he let on.

Tzng the Crimson Flame is the spirit of a carnivorous longma, from the dawn of the specie, he is bound directly to Gaosung but though his appearance is very impressive - a horned longma skull, the bone scorched in places, billowing with black smoke, the crimson flames of the inferno whithin the fumes and the skull sometimes visible through the smolder - he is in fact incorporeal and cannot act on the physical plane. He can only lend power, sometimes twist it, and try to influence Gaosung, by coaxing or arguing or teaching him his magic. Contrary to Fred his intentions are straightforward, he revel in fiery destruction and barbecues, he wants to corrupt Gaosung, to push him into eating meat and causing conflagrations and Gaosung knows it, but he has decided to harvest Tzng's dark powers for good.

The story of Gaosung and Tzng (abridged version):

Gaosung did not grow up differently from most longmas, he did not have any handicap or physical defect but he was nonetheless treated as the runt of the litter by his peers. This came from a confusion on their part: when the older longma told them the stories of old battles they listened ravenously to the mighty dead of warriors and generals alike, but Gaosung saw the bigger picture and he became fascinated by the cunning of the military tacticians. So while most longma his age spent all their time training to become the strongest warriors he set aside time to study and learn. The other thought this was unwillingness to push past his limits, a weakness, and they teased him about it. Gaosung ignored the bullying, knowing he had set himself on the right path, he had even gotten permission to study text from the public library on his own, a rare feat for someone young as the flammable scrolls needed to be manipulated with care.

But one day, as he was reading the account of a past battle in the public garden next to the great graveyard he was accosted by a group of bullies, they snatched the precious parcment away and threw it over the wall. Gaosung had no choice but to go and retrieve it in the oldest part of the cemetery, hoping not to disturb the spirits of the long dead warriors resting there.

When he found the scroll it was resting on the strangest tombstone in the whole graveyard. The urn -longmas are traditionnaly cremated- was wrapped in corroded iron chains, and even thought the rest of the cemetery was impecably maintained moss and weeds were growing on this grave. To reach for the parchment Gaosung had to step on the tombstone, and his hoof settled on one of the rusty links of the chain, which broke under the pressure. Suddenly the air was filled with black smoke, and as the young longma coughed a roaring laugh filled the cemetery. Tzng was free!

Or so he thought. The corrupted longma tried to get away, to fly across the country leaving a blazing trail of fire but he could not go farther than a few paces from his tomb and his fire barely singed the grass of perfectly mowed lawns. His bindings were merely cracked, not shattered. Noticing Gaosung he tried to get the young longma to finish what he had started, threatening and coaxing him to destroy the rest of the chains but he only managed to frighten him enough to make him flee away.

But Gaosung did not report the incident, neither did he try to forget it. Instead he did his best to understand, delving deep into the fireproof archives of the library to look for treatises on demons and how to bind them. Finally he found the relevant texts in the oldest parts, so old the archives were made of stone rather than the easier to produce ceramic used nowaday. He could not let the demon be until it's chains finished to rust away, but on the other hand the state of disrepair of the binding clearly showed that nobody cared or knew about these anymore. He needed to solve the problem himself.

And so, after months of studying the old text he went back to the urn, offering to free the long dead longma by signing a pact with him. The demon was all too happy to comply, not considering for a minute that a mortal would think of conning him and that's exactly what Gaosung did. However he was no expert on demon, and even thought he choose the phrasing of the pact carefully enough to leave the demon no agency over the world he left him some control over the power he lended and nothing forbad him from influencing Gaosung through constant coaxing chatter.

The first time the young longma tried out his new powers this night right after the pact he scorched everything around the tomb, and the crimson flames refused to obey him, devouring everything in their path. As the billowing cloud of black smoke and ash filled the air Gaosung panicked and fled, flying away with wings of red flame, each large enough to engulf a whole house and leaving embers fall behind them to start more fire and leave a burning trail behind. He flew for a long time, spreading the fire, with no idea of what to do, until he reached a large body of water. Flying over it he was no longer sowing the inferno but that was only a temporary solution.

Finally he reached a small and bare island. More exhausted than he had ever been, he let himself crash on it's beach, slowly turning the sand to glass as he slumbered.

Many years have passed since and through constant training and meditation Gaosung has learned to keep the demon's power at bay unless it was needed, and to control it once it was out. Finally ready to help the world like he had always intended he left the glass island behind and set out to see the world, only to learn that his help would defenetively be needed.

The predators are returning.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wasn't I supposed to do something? Oh yeah I should have written down my characer's background AGES ago... oops

Gaosung and Tzng the Crimson Flame

Gaosung's general appearance is the same as the typical green-scaled dragon-like-horse longma, however his fire burn blue, and it's flames are a lot smaller than any other. As a consequence his flames wings are too short for proper flight, though they can still be useful. However this state is not natural, his flames are just as hot as anyone else's, he just keeps them under tight control all the time because if he doesn't pay attention to them Tzng can strenghten them to start fires. He is calm and collected, though his sunken eyes suggest he is more tired than he let on.

Tzng the Crimson Flame is the spirit of a carnivorous longma, from the dawn of the specie, he is bound directly to Gaosung but though his appearance is very impressive - a horned longma skull, the bone scorched in places, billowing with black smoke, the crimson flames of the inferno whithin the fumes and the skull sometimes visible through the smolder - he is in fact incorporeal and cannot act on the physical plane. He can only lend power, sometimes twist it, and try to influence Gaosung, by coaxing or arguing or teaching him his magic. Contrary to Fred his intentions are straightforward, he revel in fiery destruction and barbecues, he wants to corrupt Gaosung, to push him into eating meat and causing conflagrations and Gaosung knows it, but he has decided to harvest Tzng's dark powers for good.

The story of Gaosung and Tzng (abridged version):

Gaosung did not grow up differently from most longmas, he did not have any handicap or physical defect but he was nonetheless treated as the runt of the litter by his peers. This came from a confusion on their part: when the older longma told them the stories of old battles they listened ravenously to the mighty dead of warriors and generals alike, but Gaosung saw the bigger picture and he became fascinated by the cunning of the military tacticians. So while most longma his age spent all their time training to become the strongest warriors he set aside time to study and learn. The other thought this was unwillingness to push past his limits, a weakness, and they teased him about it. Gaosung ignored the bullying, knowing he had set himself on the right path, he had even gotten permission to study text from the public library on his own, a rare feat for someone young as the flammable scrolls needed to be manipulated with care.

But one day, as he was reading the account of a past battle in the public garden next to the great graveyard he was accosted by a group of bullies, they snatched the precious parcment away and threw it over the wall. Gaosung had no choice but to go and retrieve it in the oldest part of the cemetery, hoping not to disturb the spirits of the long dead warriors resting there.

When he found the scroll it was resting on the strangest tombstone in the whole graveyard. The urn -longmas are traditionnaly cremated- was wrapped in corroded iron chains, and even thought the rest of the cemetery was impecably maintained moss and weeds were growing on this grave. To reach for the parchment Gaosung had to step on the tombstone, and his hoof settled on one of the rusty links of the chain, which broke under the pressure. Suddenly the air was filled with black smoke, and as the young longma coughed a roaring laugh filled the cemetery. Tzng was free!

Or so he thought. The corrupted longma tried to get away, to fly across the country leaving a blazing trail of fire but he could not go farther than a few paces from his tomb and his fire barely singed the grass of perfectly mowed lawns. His bindings were merely cracked, not shattered. Noticing Gaosung he tried to get the young longma to finish what he had started, threatening and coaxing him to destroy the rest of the chains but he only managed to frighten him enough to make him flee away.

But Gaosung did not report the incident, neither did he try to forget it. Instead he did his best to understand, delving deep into the fireproof archives of the library to look for treatises on demons and how to bind them. Finally he found the relevant texts in the oldest parts, so old the archives were made of stone rather than the easier to produce ceramic used nowaday. He could not let the demon be until it's chains finished to rust away, but on the other hand the state of disrepair of the binding clearly showed that nobody cared or knew about these anymore. He needed to solve the problem himself.

And so, after months of studying the old text he went back to the urn, offering to free the long dead longma by signing a pact with him. The demon was all too happy to comply, not considering for a minute that a mortal would think of conning him and that's exactly what Gaosung did. However he was no expert on demon, and even thought he choose the phrasing of the pact carefully enough to leave the demon no agency over the world he left him some control over the power he lended and nothing forbad him from influencing Gaosung through constant coaxing chatter.

The first time the young longma tried out his new powers this night right after the pact he scorched everything around the tomb, and the crimson flames refused to obey him, devouring everything in their path. As the billowing cloud of black smoke and ash filled the air Gaosung panicked and fled, flying away with wings of red flame, each large enough to engulf a whole house and leaving embers fall behind them to start more fire and leave a burning trail behind. He flew for a long time, spreading the fire, with no idea of what to do, until he reached a large body of water. Flying over it he was no longer sowing the inferno but that was only a temporary solution.

Finally he reached a small and bare island. More exhausted than he had ever been, he let himself crash on it's beach, slowly turning the sand to glass as he slumbered.

Many years have passed since and through constant training and meditation Gaosung has learned to keep the demon's power at bay unless it was needed, and to control it once it was out. Finally ready to help the world like he had always intended he left the glass island behind and set out to see the world, only to learn that his help would defenetively be needed.

The predators are returning.
Wow. We think alike my friend. You OC and mine have so many similarities I find it staggering we didn't plan this. You character is like a "what if" version of mine, or maybe a mirror version. Both have vestigial wings outside of combat, and once in become reliant upon massive wings of crimson flame for strength. Your OC sought the strength of tacticians and ended up becoming a powerhouse and my character sought to be a powerhouse and ended up becoming a tactician. Hell, depending on how many years your character spent on that island our guys could have even bumped into each other in the archives. I wouldn't be surprised if our OCs ended up allies or enemies.

CrpCrwls

Feb 6, 2016
Hell, depending on how many years your character spent on that island our guys could have even bumped into each other in the archives. I wouldn't be surprised if our OCs ended up allies or enemies.
Eh. That could make for some interesting roleplay down the line. I think your character is a bit older thought, since he's both high ranked in the military and a professor. Gaosung on the other hand hadn't joined the proper military yet when he signed his pact and I imagine he's somewhere between young adult and proper adult now. Bumping into each other would still be a possibility but if they did it probably wasn't as equals.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Wow. We think alike my friend. You OC and mine have so many similarities I find it staggering we didn't plan this. You character is like a "what if" version of mine, or maybe a mirror version. Both have vestigial wings outside of combat, and once in become reliant upon massive wings of crimson flame for strength. Your OC sought the strength of tacticians and ended up becoming a powerhouse and my character sought to be a powerhouse and ended up becoming a tactician. Hell, depending on how many years your character spent on that island our guys could have even bumped into each other in the archives. I wouldn't be surprised if our OCs ended up allies or enemies.
Eh. That could make for some interesting roleplay down the line. I think your character is a bit older thought, since he's both high ranked in the military and a professor. Gaosung on the other hand hadn't joined the proper military yet when he signed his pact and I imagine he's somewhere between young adult and proper adult now. Bumping into each other would still be a possibility but if they did it probably wasn't as equals.
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
True, true. His major bout of research WAS after he had been in the military a few years though. Depending on how long your character has been on that island training, it's quite possible they bumped into each other when they were doing their own research. But yeah, I never really expected them to be the same age, An Hongse is definitely a more grizzled-middle age type. Quite a bit older than Gaosung. Although An Hongse might actually be quite younger than middle age depending on what Longma lifespan gets finalized as being.

But OOOOOOOOOO my mind is full of juicy story possibilities based upon these two and their possible relationship. I know it's not even decided if they will have one, but I can think of so many different fun ways they could have one.

Last edited:

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
True, true. His major bout of research WAS after he had been in the military a few years though. Depending on how long your character has been on that island training, it's quite possible they bumped into each other when they were doing their own research. But yeah, I never really expected them to be the same age, An Hongse is definitely a more grizzled-middle age type and I imagine your character is somewhat older. Although An Hongse might actually be quite younger than middle age depending on what Longma lifespan gets finalized as being.

But OOOOOOOOOO my mind is full of juicy story possibilities based upon these two and their possible relationship. I know it's not even decided if they will have one, but I can think of so many different fun ways they could have one.
I see you two as more of an Odd Couple duo. One has brains and brawn, but tries to have the best odds in a fight and would sacrifice anything and ANYONE to win. While the other has... brains and brawn and, I'm GUESSING, could torch the entirety of Foenun SHOULD he give into the power.
I see it as Goku vs Superman.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I see you two as more of an Odd Couple duo. One has brains and brawn, but tries to have the best odds in a fight and would sacrifice anything and ANYONE to win. While the other has... brains and brawn and, I'm GUESSING, could torch the entirety of Foenun SHOULD he give into the power.
I see it as Goku vs Superman.
I dunno. An Hongse is strong but he isn't deific. From the sound of it Gaosung could wipe the floor with An Hongse ten times out of ten in a fair fight if Gaosung was willing to go all out. Which is quite why An Hongse avoids a fair fight at all costs. They share some similarities in that they both utilize crimson flame that is capable of covering a MASSIVE area, but just from the description we've gotten so far of Gaosung, his flames are both hotter and even larger than An Hongse's admittedly large wings. The advantage An Hongse would have in return is experience, because while they both have clearly spent long amounts of time training their talents, An Hongse has crossed a lot more battlefields (based once again on what we've seen of Gaosung so far).

CrpCrwls

Feb 6, 2016
I dunno. An Hongse is strong but he isn't deific. From the sound of it Gaosung could wipe the floor with An Hongse ten times out of ten in a fair fight if Gaosung was willing to go all out. Which is quite why An Hongse avoids a fair fight at all costs. They share some similarities in that they both utilize crimson flame that is capable of covering a MASSIVE area, but just from the description we've gotten so far of Gaosung, his flames are both hotter and even larger than An Hongse's admittedly large wings. The advantage An Hongse would have in return is experience, because while they both have clearly spent long amounts of time training their talents, An Hongse has crossed a lot more battlefields (based once again on what we've seen of Gaosung so far).
That's pretty accurate, Gaosung is inexperienced and has to worry about keeping his powers in check so he would be at a disadvantage in most figths since he's unwilling to go all out. He still has a few powerful attacks up his sleeve that he can do withut worrying about losing control but his fire would stay blue for most of the fight. I haven't decided yet what happen when he get knocked out and such thought, obviously he has a way to keep Tzng at bay when he sleeps but it's quite possible that if he pass out the demon would get complete control over his flames and be free to destroy everything in sight.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
And then they Ki-
NO THEY DIDN'T!
Because this is NOT the Shipping Thread, go take that somewhere else young man!
Hey, no one said anything about romance. Perhaps it was just an innocent exchange between training buddies.

Clearly there was nothing else to be read from this. Nope. Nothing at all. Not in the least.