The TFHs Original Character Thread

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
A foreward: I wanted to give my officer a ranking to help denote how high he is in the military structure. However, Tianhuo is clearly stated to be "Captain of the Guard" a station that has been phased out of most if not all militaries. So, I am just going to pretend that Tianhuo hold the position of "General" at the point she becomes keykeeper and use that to scale U.S. Air Force (harhar) rankings for the rest.

Name: An Hongse. Aka: The Crimson Mantle, The Scarlet Horizon, The Colonel in Red, Bloodmane, Professor Dull, Dork

History: Already worked out, but I have college in the morning and need to go to sleep rather than getting my wording right. Will type it out soon.

Now: An Hongse is the Colonel of the Ranshao Juntuan. Outside of the field of combat he is a generally compassionate and erudite individual. Known both as a passionate voice for acceptance and peace in the empire's debate halls and an occasional touring professor of the empires various universities, his most common location is chatting with his old friends within the military engineering corps. While usually slow to anger, reach a decision, or lumber from place to place, he is quick in all the former when it comes to his fierce devotion to defending the empire or the empress. He has a reputation as a nerdy, gentle giant, being the longma equivalent of Big Macintosh as far as stature. His mane, tail, and wings are ever present as with all adult longma, but they appear stunted, small whispers of flame. His flames are of abnormal color, being the red of a strontium burn, and seem heavier than air, slowly drifting down like mist. What's more, these dark red flames, while hot, are not the blazing heat of most longma, capable of burning certainly, but paling in comparison to most. But, while his learning in mathematics and physics are his most useful skills in his old position in the engineering corps, in his new station his extensive studies in psychology are his weapon. He has spent decades studying the field, and is an expert in psychoanalysis and self-hypnotism, having spent years crafting his "warrior persona." When within the military theater, he enters his self-taught mindset. All mercy, empathy, and morality is gone. Now rough and brash, his intellect is focused on tactics and Honored Mother whispers predatory instinct in his ear. This is the state where he earned his most famous titles, and his appearance changes to match. His heavy flame flows now, running like liquid down his neck before fading into the air, his wings and tail billowing out now much longer than an ordinary longma's to brush the ground and leave a charred trail behind him. While in this state his flames are no hotter than his "Scholar" persona, but they are far stronger. As for how they are stronger, well, let's just say he is credited with the creation of the term "Scorched Foenum policy."

Sorry about the wall-o-text everyone! Here's hoping my character isn't too pretentious, I wanted a fun character to play whether in combat or out that would be strong, but not stronger than the champions (if he were, then he'd have been selected as key keeper wouldn't he?). Give me feebdack please, I eat that stuff up.
Wouldn't the rest of the longma (Especially the janitor) be pissed about the scorched trail? Other than that, he sounds cool, I like his "Switch", but does it ONLY work in a military theater, because if so, he's going to have to rely on his wits rather than his strength. All in all, a well balanced/ thought out character. (More thought out than mine, but then again I have magic powered/ infused grenade launchers and magic powered guns at my disposal, so I usually don't have to talk if I don't want to.)

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
A foreward: I wanted to give my officer a ranking to help denote how high he is in the military structure. However, Tianhuo is clearly stated to be "Captain of the Guard" a station that has been phased out of most if not all militaries. So, I am just going to pretend that Tianhuo hold the position of "General" at the point she becomes keykeeper and use that to scale U.S. Air Force (harhar) rankings for the rest.

Name: An Hongse. Aka: The Crimson Mantle, The Scarlet Horizon, The Colonel in Red, Bloodmane, Professor Dull, Dork

History: Already worked out, but I have college in the morning and need to go to sleep rather than getting my wording right. Will type it out soon.

Now: An Hongse is the Colonel of the Ranshao Juntuan. Outside of the field of combat he is a generally compassionate and erudite individual. Known both as a passionate voice for acceptance and peace in the empire's debate halls and an occasional touring professor of the empires various universities, his most common location is chatting with his old friends within the military engineering corps. While usually slow to anger, reach a decision, or lumber from place to place, he is quick in all the former when it comes to his fierce devotion to defending the empire or the empress. He has a reputation as a nerdy, gentle giant, being the longma equivalent of Big Macintosh as far as stature. His mane, tail, and wings are ever present as with all adult longma, but they appear stunted, small whispers of flame. His flames are of abnormal color, being the red of a strontium burn, and seem heavier than air, slowly drifting down like mist. What's more, these dark red flames, while hot, are not the blazing heat of most longma, capable of burning certainly, but paling in comparison to most. But, while his learning in mathematics and physics are his most useful skills in his old position in the engineering corps, in his new station his extensive studies in psychology are his weapon. He has spent decades studying the field, and is an expert in psychoanalysis and self-hypnotism, having spent years crafting his "warrior persona." When within the military theater, he enters his self-taught mindset. All mercy, empathy, and morality is gone. Now rough and brash, his intellect is focused on tactics and Honored Mother whispers predatory instinct in his ear. This is the state where he earned his most famous titles, and his appearance changes to match. His heavy flame flows now, running like liquid down his neck before fading into the air, his wings and tail billowing out now much longer than an ordinary longma's to brush the ground and leave a charred trail behind him. While in this state his flames are no hotter than his "Scholar" persona, but they are far stronger. As for how they are stronger, well, let's just say he is credited with the creation of the term "Scorched Foenum policy."

Sorry about the wall-o-text everyone! Here's hoping my character isn't too pretentious, I wanted a fun character to play whether in combat or out that would be strong, but not stronger than the champions (if he were, then he'd have been selected as key keeper wouldn't he?). Give me feebdack please, I eat that stuff up.
What is an OC if not an odd misfit in a world of misfits? That said, I don't know that the Longma would have many universities. Their nation is a small one, though I suppose nothing omits them from being a sort of Warrior-Scholar society. I'd say he's not necessarily pretentious, but it looks as though he doesn't have any character flaws per-say. He's not a Gary-stu, but I'm not seeing anything that sticks out as a character flaw. Then again, perhaps I'm missing something.

I'm having some trouble thinking of an OC.

With Lawyer Friendly Equines it was fairly easy, with it's open ended world. TFH has an open ended world as well, but it's not as established as Lawyer Friendly Equines yet.
It seems that Sheep and Alpaca are unrepresented in the OC department. Perhaps run with one of them? Just an idea to hopefully get those creative fires burning!

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
It seems that Sheep and Alpaca are unrepresented in the OC department. Perhaps run with one of them? Just an idea to hopefully get those creative fires burning!
My OC is representing the Sheep, it's just that my OC is a Robotic Talking Bear from an alternate plane of existence, that's all.

Reactions: CasualMatt

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Right. Forgot about that bit!
Mmhmm. But I'll probably end up writing an ACTUAL OC backstory once I find out what I can muster from the Book of Lore chapter on the Meadow.

Edit: Keep in mind I'm still going to roleplay as "Zero the Bearzerker" in the roleplay threads.

The Yaski

Acting representative of the Empire of Tianhuo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
What is an OC if not an odd misfit in a world of misfits? That said, I don't know that the Longma would have many universities. Their nation is a small one, though I suppose nothing omits them from being a sort of Warrior-Scholar society. I'd say he's not necessarily pretentious, but it looks as though he doesn't have any character flaws per-say. He's not a Gary-stu, but I'm not seeing anything that sticks out as a character flaw. Then again, perhaps I'm missing something.
Ehehe, yeah, he actually began as two characters. The "Scholar" side was my original OC and mouthpiece in the RP forums, but right before this thread popped up I had the idea for "The Scarlet Horizon" version and I just loved the idea, but I just couldn't decide, so I tried to merge them? They would probably be better separate, I was just too wishy washy on whether I wanted to be able to be a nerd or whether I wanted to be a badass. Maybe I'll decide to split them, in which case An Hongse would keep the titles and flamy bits, but he wouldn't be quite AS rough and difficult to be around cause he still has to function off the battlefield. Then the Scholar would become another guy I'd have to name and give a backstory to. But, that's not a decision to make right now cause I have other things I need to do.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
I like the detail on this guy, and though (as OC mentioned) he doesn't have a ton of flaws written in per se, I can see room for some with this part (below).
All mercy, empathy, and morality is gone. Now rough and brash, his intellect is focused on tactics and Honored Mother whispers predatory instinct in his ear.
In this mindset he might well do things that his 'other' self would find abhorrent or wrong. Those titles sound kind of bloody, and his more scholarly self might cringe at the things he has done in his other persona. Not to say I think he would be some kind of butcher or anything, but a man (Longma) driven solely by cold logic could do some pretty dark things in the name of strategy/winning. I can see that being a decent flaw, that he can't entirely predict what things he might do on the field of battle once the 'Colonel in Red' takes over.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts. I liked the guy and think it was one of the more interesting stories posted so far.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
...but this might just be my calling card to do so...
This just might be :D

Ehehe, yeah, he actually began as two characters. The "Scholar" side was my original OC and mouthpiece in the RP forums, but right before this thread popped up I had the idea for "The Scarlet Horizon" version and I just loved the idea, but I just couldn't decide, so I tried to merge them? They would probably be better separate, I was just too wishy washy on whether I wanted to be able to be a nerd or whether I wanted to be a badass. Maybe I'll decide to split them, in which case An Hongse would keep the titles and flamy bits, but he wouldn't be quite AS rough and difficult to be around cause he still has to function off the battlefield. Then the Scholar would become another guy I'd have to name and give a backstory to. But, that's not a decision to make right now cause I have other things I need to do.
In this mindset he might well do things that his 'other' self would find abhorrent or wrong. Those titles sound kind of bloody, and his more scholarly self might cringe at the things he has done in his other persona. Not to say I think he would be some kind of butcher or anything, but a man (Longma) driven solely by cold logic could do some pretty dark things in the name of strategy/winning. I can see that being a decent flaw, that he can't entirely predict what things he might do on the field of battle once the 'Colonel in Red' takes over.
Imo, I think your idea of having two diferent characters would be a fine idea. And, using Feanor's point, one could say the two know each other (if not related) and thus conflict, and thus grow, with one another.

Last edited:

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
OC take 2 *Snap*

Name: Jester
Race: Sheep

Jester has a white-brown coat of wool and a good amount of hair that he styles into a fade. Jester grew up with his parents in the outskirts of Baah, which was close enough to the city of Baaaaaaaaaah, that you could see and hear the locals throwing their bimonthly "Shear & Cheer™" festival, where sheep get sheared and sheeple applaud them for their bravery. Jester wouldn't go to these events mostly because he wasn't much of a social butterfly to begin with, but also because he was self conscious of his body. He certainly wasn't the biggest ram lamb, but he also wasn't exactly the thinnest.
He is considered a scholar as he prefers to learn anything and everything that sparks his interest. From the anatomy of sheeple to the growth cycle of a honey badger, he is considered to "Know a lot of stuff." With quick, sharp eyes he takes in his surroundings, which helps him at his job as a journalist for "The Weekly Meadow." He chose this as his career path when he was a lamb, as a strange bear strode into town while he and his parents were getting groceries. All of a sudden everyone was running for their lives and Jester didn't know why, that is, until he peeked out of the hiding spot that he was in. He caught a glimpse of the bear and wanted to get closer to investigate, but his parents wouldn't let him. In hopes of one day meeting the creature he decided to become a journalist, as they seemed to always be running around asking sheeple questions.
Jester is generally calm, mild-mannered and a bit of a klutz when it comes to getting things for people, often forgetting what he was going to get while looking for it. He's also been known to be a bit of a hard worker when it comes to individual work, and in groups he prefers to do his job and help anywhere else he can. But make no mistake, he is no softie, if you hit a soft spot in his wool, or push him past the point of reason he will... RAM you.(Ba Dum Tss) Right now he's got two dogs named Helen and Gretchen who were given to him by his cousins, who he's also sharing a house with. However, he also recently decided to get his own puppies, whom he has named Vince, Hussein, Demarcus, and Will. Since becoming a journalist he has become good friends with the bear known as "Zero" and considers him someone who he can trust wholehartedly.

EDIT: MOST recently he has tricked Zero, his longtime friend, into going with him to the High Plains to get his mind off of recent events... they were to go undercover in the Alpake clans for a story... but things took a VERY strange turn...

Yay, official OC backstory complete!:)

Last edited:

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I like the detail on this guy, and though (as OC mentioned) he doesn't have a ton of flaws written in per se, I can see room for some with this part (below).

Anyway, those are just my thoughts. I liked the guy and think it was one of the more interesting stories posted so far.
Actually, he does have one major flaw that I planned to cover in his backstory. Don't know if it is major enough, but I have the backstory for this combined character drawn up and not for the pair. So I am just going to update the backstory with what I have and see if it changes anyone's minds while I work out the backstories for the separated versions of the two.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Alright, backstory inserted. I'll work on separating the two, but in the meantime, please give me more feebdack! Do you think I should keep them one character and my backstory swayed you? Do you like my backstory but think there are parts that could be cut out? Recommendations for when I maybe separate them? I welcome it.

Toonwriter

Feb 16, 2016
From DeviantART (where I am DisneyBrony2012):

I've been thinking of making up my own Them's Fightin' Herds OC, and a Predator at that. Like many predators, this wolf here is vicious, and hungry for meat. He is obsessed with eating any poor, innocent, naive victims. When the Predators invaded The Glue Factory and joined with the Apocalypse Ponies, Culgan sees a perfect opportunity in The Glue Factory having a lot of morsels for him. He would love to eat up a bunch of ponies, especially Nyx and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. But of course, the only thing he fears is Timid Ferovore Hoers's Stare and her assertive tone towards him and his fellow wolves.

Wolf clipart image from DisneyClips, edited by me

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
name: cant think up one as of right now
Race:dark unicorn with a shattered horn...

Long time ago before orlander even was born there was a young unicorn with great ambitions. He strived hard in everything he did and learned all there was to nearly every magic. He never really talked much being such an introvert locked himself away just reading and reading more books. While other unicorns went to parties to talk and have fun with each other all he did was stay home and read books. It sometimes seemed like he wasnt even there and barely anyone knew who he was.

One day while going through the library books he accidently found a strange book and looked inside there was basically no spine on the book and it just seemed out of place. It got his interest and he opened it up and it blasted him with a huge energy blast and knocked him unconsious. When he awoken he was greeted by another who he later learned to be called Fred who offered him the option of dark magic.

Seeing how he wanted to be the best in everything even if it was evil he accepted it without problem and eventually his fur turned dark due to overuse of dark magic. One day he was brought in front of what looked like the leader of the unicorns and was told about the dangers of dark magic. He said to them he didnt care what the spell was but if it existed he had to master it as his reckless ambitions made him blind to the fact that dark magic has corrupted him.

None the less he was banished from the town and the book confiscated (which was later found by another unicorn <hint hint>..on the way out 2 unicorns stopped him. They both wanted him dead since dark magic by another unicorn killed his family and although they didnt know who this was, just knowing he knows dark magic was enough to get them riled up.

A battle ensued and the 2 other unicorns eventually lost their lives the dark magic was just too much for them to handle. However the battle scared him, one of the many light magics that hit hard and shattered his horn greatly weakening his spells for the rest of his life. However he didnt care at all, all he wanted was to learn everything in the world and he didnt even care what it was. Sadly this lead him even further down the dark side.

Legends say anybody who stood up against him never the light of day, however after killing all his adversaries he felt empty inside, why even though he has more knowledge then everyone else why does he feel as though something is missing. None the less he continued his journey of enlightenment though the answer was staring him right in the face. He never made a single friend in his life maybe he was lonely? However none the less he continued reading more books killing others who got in his way and continued to search for his emptiness..

edit: maybe someday somebody will defeat him and instead of ending his life, show him that there is more then just learning for the sake of learning and maybe show him the power of friendship. However, no one has been able to beat him and he has many enemies due to all those lives he ended. Someday he will find true happiness.

edit2: gotta think up a name and draw him later sigh lol...I always wanted to be a unicorn with huge flaws but has very good reasons to be good at magic...and not be a gary stu lol being enemies with nearly a lot of others is def good...hmm what too look like though...

Last edited:
Reactions: Feanor

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Coldiron teh reindeer.

Physical characteristics: purple reindeer

Bio: coldiron was the best fighter in the Foenum fighting academy. Then he joined the Foenum army. Then he turned evil and killed Oleander.

Teh end.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Coldiron teh reindeer.

Bio: coldiron was the best fighter in the Foenum fighting academy. Then he joined the Foenum army. Then he turned evil and killed Oleander.

Teh end.
The book was better than the movie imo.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
name: cant think up one as of right now
Race:dark unicorn with a shattered horn...

Long time ago before orlander even was born there was a young unicorn with great ambitions. He strived hard in everything he did and learned all there was to nearly every magic. He never really talked much being such an introvert locked himself away just reading and reading more books. While other unicorns went to parties to talk and have fun with each other all he did was stay home and read books. It sometimes seemed like he wasnt even there and barely anyone knew who he was.

One day while going through the library books he accidently found a strange book and looked inside there was basically no spine on the book and it just seemed out of place. It got his interest and he opened it up and it blasted him with a huge energy blast and knocked him unconsious. When he awoken he was greeted by another who he later learned to be called Fred who offered him the option of dark magic.

Seeing how he wanted to be the best in everything even if it was evil he accepted it without problem and eventually his fur turned dark due to overuse of dark magic. One day he was brought in front of what looked like the leader of the unicorns and was told about the dangers of dark magic. He said to them he didnt care what the spell was but if it existed he had to master it as his reckless ambitions made him blind to the fact that dark magic has corrupted him.

None the less he was banished from the town and the book confiscated (which was later found by another unicorn <hint hint>..on the way out 2 unicorns stopped him. They both wanted him dead since dark magic by another unicorn killed his family and although they didnt know who this was, just knowing he knows dark magic was enough to get them riled up.

A battle ensued and the 2 other unicorns eventually lost their lives the dark magic was just too much for them to handle. However the battle scared him, one of the many light magics that hit hard and shattered his horn greatly weakening his spells for the rest of his life. However he didnt care at all, all he wanted was to learn everything in the world and he didnt even care what it was. Sadly this lead him even further down the dark side.

Legends say anybody who stood up against him never the light of day, however after killing all his adversaries he felt empty inside, why even though he has more knowledge then everyone else why does he feel as though something is missing. None the less he continued his journey of enlightenment though the answer was staring him right in the face. He never made a single friend in his life maybe he was lonely? However none the less he continued reading more books killing others who got in his way and continued to search for his emptiness..

edit: maybe someday somebody will defeat him and instead of ending his life, show him that there is more then just learning for the sake of learning and maybe show him the power of friendship. However, no one has been able to beat him and he has many enemies due to all those lives he ended. Someday he will find true happiness.

edit2: gotta think up a name and draw him later sigh lol...I always wanted to be a unicorn with huge flaws but has very good reasons to be good at magic...and not be a gary stu lol being enemies with nearly a lot of others is def good...hmm what too look like though...
Coldiron teh reindeer.

Teh end.
Well, that escalated quickly. :D

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Coldiron teh reindeer.

Teh end.
There are absolutely no flaws to point out in this story. This is perfect.

Anthony Rothstein

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
United Kingdom

Name: (not decided yet)

Race:
Longma

• Isn’t currently aware of threat of the predators returning.
  • Travels across Fœnum collecting knowledge about the world and it's people.
  • Kinda Chubby.

This is what I have so far! Will work on her more later.

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
So, as I mentioned here I came up with a new OC. While trying to polish the Storyteller. Yeah, totaly managed to do what I started.

Name: Comrade Sprite (Up to debate if you can come up with a better)

Comrade Sprite had enough. Everything the reindeers have is made by the sprites. Their cities, their home, their food. Even their very magic. The sprites only give and give and what do they get in return? The chance to be slaves.
But this shall not do. He will make the sprites rise up. He will make them equals. He will make his people take what is theirs. If only those idiots would listen to him and stop fawning over their "pets". They refuse to see the world for what it is.

For all intents and purposes, Comrade Sprite is not evil, nor stupid. He only wants the best for his people. He is also considered to be one of the smartest and most competent of his kind. And he understands that no change will come from laughing and moustache -twirling. Comrade Sprite needs to make people wanting a change, he alone cannot make his ideals come true.
He also have a reinforced soapbox back home. You need them to collapse under you only once for people to stop taking you seriously.

Last edited:

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
So, as I mentioned here I came up with a new OC. While trying to polish the Storyteller. Yeah, totaly managed to do what I started.

Name: Comrade Sprite (Up to debate if you can come up with a better)

Comrade Sprite had enough. Everything the reindeers have is made by the sprites. Their cities, their home, their food. Even their very magic. The sprites only give and give and what do they get in return? The chance to be slaves.
But this shall not do. He will make the sprites rise up. He will make them equals. He will make his people take what is theirs. If only those idiots would listen to him and stop fawning over their "pets". They refuse to see the world for what it is.

For all intents and purposes, Comrade Sprite is not evil, nor stupid. He only wants the best for his people. He is also considered to be one of the smartest and most competent of his kind. And he understands that no change will come from laughing and moustache -twirling. Comrade Sprite needs to make people wanting a change, he alone cannot make his ideals come true.
He also have a reinforced soapbox aóback home. You need them to collapse under you only once for people to stop taking you seriously.
Comrade Justice!... or Colonel Klink.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Comrade Justice!... or Colonel Klink.
Comrade is just a title. I'm thinking the name "Pravda" (It means "truth" in russian and was the newspaper of the communist party), but some german/nordic-ish name might be better.

Also, mind if I hijack the Shear and Cheer festival as something caused by The Storyteller? I'm thinking something along the lines of it being started when he shaved some sheep to let him hide with their fur and made them believe it's for a new festival.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Comrade is just a title. I'm thinking the name "Pravda" (It means "truth" in russian and was the newspaper of the communist party), but some german/nordic-ish name might be better.

Also, mind if I hijack the Shear and Cheer festival as something caused by The Storyteller? I'm thinking something along the lines of it being started when he shaved some sheep to let him hide with their fur and made them believe it's for a new festival.
As long as you make a spoiler stating that the Sheer and Cheer parties were my idea, I'd be fine with it. Because they're totally ©, ®, ™, and all those other letters in tiny bubbles.
Also, they were supposed to be individual parties, but I like the idea of it being a festival as well. Hmm, maybe they have a Bimonthly Shear & Cheer Festival, but they also have individual Shear and Cheer parties that they have whenever they need it? Yeah, I'm going with that.

Reactions: Avering

Gandrake

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Camels, who dwell in the harsh deserts of Foenum, have long ago turned to trade to supplement their way of living; using the exchange of material goods to obtain the precious food and water their homeland so desperately needs.
While most have gone into the business of exotic fabrics and jewelry, one camel pedals more… magical wares. Being the go-to camel for all things mystic and unique has lead this camel to develop a particular set of skills that make her the ideal choice for championship.
it’s not easy keeping her stock of magic artifacts fresh, and the only places to gather her goods tend to be dangerous dungeons and ruins from time immemorial. It may not be the safest job, but one could hardly argue the profit it brings in.
Using items from her collection, this camel is a force to be reckoned with as she fights for the mystical key to the predators’ prison. It’s hardly a question of if she’ll win the key for the merchant, but how much she’ll be able to sell it for when she does.

http://www.rickmann-uk.com/wp-content/uploads/Man-with-Camel.jpg
(SFW, Don’t worry)
She would pull from her wares all sorts of random, India-themed stuff for attacks. A magic carpet that could be swung while rolled up for a heavy attack. The same carpet can be rode to hover or glide across the screen for a short burst. A Genie bottle would be used multiple times; a fist coming out or the whole thing.
Some stuff wouldn’t be magic, like a snake in a basket. It would be tossed or set on the ground, and another move would start the snake charming; causing the snake to strike from the placed basket and poison the opponent. the light attacks would be swinging an abacus while the medium would be a scale. Blowing a hoof-ful of exotic spices (magically spicy curry powder) would set the opponent on fire. Maybe have a few cursed relics in there too.
She’d be a trickster character.
The merchant aspect would be more for explaining why she’d have this stuff as well as her story/background/motives. A lot of her dialogue would involve sale pitches and she’d probably do something money related for her winning animation.

Gandrake

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
The secluded pandas, who are of the fewest number in Foenum, believe in the balance of all things, both within and without, and so were in disagreement with the banishment of the predators; seeing this as breaking the natural order of the world.
So it is, when knowledge of the key and key seekers reaches their ears, they are prepared to end their seclusion and send their own champion to bring balance back to the world.
Having mastered himself, the pandas’ champion is capable of utilizing powerful chi attacks to extend the reach of his claws and fangs; empowering the natural weapons nature bestowed upon him which he has never used in violence before.
lack of experience is hardly a weakness for this warrior however, as his inner peace allows him to maintain complete calm on the battlefield. While his body & thoughts may be slow, he more than makes up for it with raw power.
Chi would be black/white tribal patterns
Other creatures are afraid of their appearance being so predatory and the other champions would show distrust towards the panda and it would be mentioned in the story-mode dialogue between characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCisbestungulate

Gandrake

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
A predator sent out to sabotage the heroes as a double-agent. A literal wolf in sheep’s clothing.
That’d be adorable; a runt wolf, free due to his stature allowing him to slip between the cages bars, dressed in a shoddy sheep suit, determined to prove his worth to the pack by destroying the key. Little does he know, the small size of his body was not what allowed him freedom, but instead the great size of his kind heart. He's going to save his people, evil herbivores be damned. There would be special dialogue against Pom.
Moves: Dug up dirt clods through the air, digging into a tunnel and uppercutting out a few spaces ahead, using the suit’s big head as a ram and bludgeon, leaping out of it to like a ninja substitution technique, chew-toy boomerang and bone darts.

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
I can't draw, but I can quote myself from General:
Living in Canada, I thought it would be great to include some local Canadian wildlife in TFH.

I sorta envisioned the moose race as a group of lumberjacks/riflemen (lol sterotypes). The bottoms of their horns would be sharpened, and they would use them as weapons for some of their harder hitting attacks.
I actually had an idea to have an attack where the Moose would turn it's head towards the camera with an inquisitive face, and then tilt it's head sideways (towards the opponent). This move would hit twice, once at a normal angle, and once from above. (IE Beowulf's "Pipe Bomb" from Skullgirls, but with a moose! :cool:)
Their Magic would also involve the use of a rifle (which are only used by the Moose because they're not as opposed to violence as the other races. These firearms would shoot fast-moving projectiles that could be aimed in multiple directions (ideal angles being straight, 45 degrees upwards, and 45 degrees downwards while jumping) and would have a limited number of shots (say, 4?) before requiring a reload, which can be done idly (by crouching for a few seconds {like Oleander} or preforming a "Reload" special, which locks you in an animation for a few seconds) or automatically through use of specific moves. (These moves would reload your weapon slower than the "idle" reload, but could be incorporated into combos for on-the-fly "ammo" replenishment)
I also had the idea of making a Super that works in a similar vein to Parasoul's "Silent Scope" (I think it's called) special in Skullgirls, where it always hits you regardless of where you are on the screen.
I also for some reason thought it would be good for there to be a Super that can break blocks, or disables the opponent's block for a few seconds if they block it. I couldn't think of any way to make this balanced, however.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Camels, who dwell in the harsh deserts of Foenum, have long ago turned to trade to supplement their way of living; using the exchange of material goods to obtain the precious food and water their homeland so desperately needs.
While most have gone into the business of exotic fabrics and jewelry, one camel pedals more… magical wares. Being the go-to camel for all things mystic and unique has lead this camel to develop a particular set of skills that make her the ideal choice for championship.
it’s not easy keeping her stock of magic artifacts fresh, and the only places to gather her goods tend to be dangerous dungeons and ruins from time immemorial. It may not be the safest job, but one could hardly argue the profit it brings in.
Using items from her collection, this camel is a force to be reckoned with as she fights for the mystical key to the predators’ prison. It’s hardly a question of if she’ll win the key for the merchant, but how much she’ll be able to sell it for when she does.

http://www.rickmann-uk.com/wp-content/uploads/Man-with-Camel.jpg
(SFW, Don’t worry)
She would pull from her wares all sorts of random, India-themed stuff for attacks. A magic carpet that could be swung while rolled up for a heavy attack. The same carpet can be rode to hover or glide across the screen for a short burst. A Genie bottle would be used multiple times; a fist coming out or the whole thing.
Some stuff wouldn’t be magic, like a snake in a basket. It would be tossed or set on the ground, and another move would start the snake charming; causing the snake to strike from the placed basket and poison the opponent. the light attacks would be swinging an abacus while the medium would be a scale. Blowing a hoof-ful of exotic spices (magically spicy curry powder) would set the opponent on fire. Maybe have a few cursed relics in there too.
She’d be a trickster character.
The merchant aspect would be more for explaining why she’d have this stuff as well as her story/background/motives. A lot of her dialogue would involve sale pitches and she’d probably do something money related for her winning animation.
The secluded pandas, who are of the fewest number in Foenum, believe in the balance of all things, both within and without, and so were is disagreement with the banishment of the predators; seeing this as breaking the natural order of the world.
So it is, when knowledge of the key and key seekers reaches their ears, they are prepared to end their reclusion and send their own champion to bring balance back to the world.
Having mastered himself, the pandas’ champion is capable of utilizing powerful chi attacks to extend the reach of his claws and fangs; empowering the natural weapons nature bestowed upon him which he has never used in violence before.
lack of experience is hardly a weakness for this warrior however, as his inner peace allows him to maintain complete calm on the battlefield. While his body & thoughts may be slow, he more than makes up for it with raw power.
Chi would be black/white tribal patterns
Other creatures are afraid of their appearance being so predatory and the other champions would show distrust towards the panda and it would be mentioned in the story-mode dialogue between characters.
A predator sent out to sabotage the heroes as a double-agent. A literal wolf in sheep’s clothing.
That’d be adorable; a runt wolf, free due to his stature allowing him to slip between the cages bars, dressed in a shoddy sheep suit, determined to prove his worth to the pack by destroying the key. Little does he know, the small size of his body was not what allowed him freedom, but instead the great size of his kind heart. He's going to save his people, evil herbivores be damned. There would be special dialogue against Pom.
Moves: Dug up dirt clods through the air, digging into a tunnel and uppercutting out a few spaces ahead, using the suit’s big head as a ram and bludgeon, leaping out of it to like a ninja substitution technique, chew-toy boomerang and bone darts.
Goodness! Someone's been prolific! An't nothin' like having more then one OC, eh? :D

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
Alright, well I wasn't planning on getting myself an OC, but if I'm going to keep working with the Pom Patrol I might as well write a little something something.

Name: Fleece Dags (He will assure you it's short for "Dagger." He's lying).
Description: Fleece is a sheep. But not just any sheep...
...Actually, wait, no, he is just any sheep. More specifically, he's good-hearted, but fragile and a little bit absent-minded. Despite this, he somehow managed to land himself the position of Prime Minister of the Pom Patrol, a small organisation that has dedicated itself to the Sheeple's beloved champion Pom. When he first heard of the patrol, he was eager to do his part, and made fast friends with the leader, hoping to help out whenever he could. That leader almost immediately went missing... a common theory is that he banged his head on a lecturn so hard one day that he just forgot he was in charge. In any case, none of the sheep could distinguish him from any of the other sheep, so they decided to just elect Fleece instead, because at least he looked a little different, with his slightly off-white wool and skinnier-than-average frame.

Being put in charge has given Fleece a boost in confidence, but even he's aware that he's out of his depth. Still, he approaches his new role with a bright - if slightly forced - smile on his face, and enjoys the company of 4 new puppies given to him just for the job (Check out the Pom Patrol thread to see the backstory on them.) Oh, and it's worth mentioning that he does genuinely admire Pom, and is constantly seeking her out so that he may follow her righteous example - No matter how many times she avoids him or tells him to go away or says she doesn't want a devoted organisation. Fleece knows she's just being modest.

This guy is actually an OC I used for Lawyer Friendly Equines stuff in the past, and a friend of mine drew me a picture. Ignore the binoculars and the night-vision goggles, that level of tech probably doesn't exist in Foenum. Just imagine he's wearing a black headband or something instead.

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This s my first OC I am ever making so constructive criticism is helpful and apreashitive. (there will probably be lots of spelling errors) (its kind of 2 OC's in one)

My OC's name is Fluffy
Fluffy is a relatively small black-coated reindeer with lots of Scarlet, short antlers, and despite her age looks very young.
Fluffy was just a tiny fawn when she wondered into the woods alone. She ended up lost in a blizzard and was presumed dead. Lost in the blizzard and near death, the young reindeer came across a very neckbrase with a black jewel in it calling to her. Upon putting on the neckbrase she found a Demon inside, the demon called himself Zack and manifested the form of a polar bear. Desperate Fluffy ended up making a pact with the demon, but before the pact was complete, Fluffy fell into the destructive power of the blizzard. Zack using most of his power and the remaining life essence of Fluffy was able to save the fawn, but at the cost of combining her life-force with his own. While the two fought against the blizzard, Zack explained that he was a demon of old and fought against the predators, only to be thrown away, for the unicorn whom he had made a pact with feared dark magic. After the blizzard ended, Fluffy tried to return to her village only to be disowned by her parents and shunned by everyone for her acceptance of dark magic. It was at this point she cracked and tried to murder her village for not re-accepting her. Luckily she was stopped by Zack, who knew that in time, the predators would threaten Foenum once more. Zack took this time to teach Fluffy, with minimal results, as Zack was weak from the massive amount of energy he must spend in order to keep Fluffy alive, and Fluffy's magic was so poor that is was limited to small summons(like cookies), a bit of Ice magic, and Telepathy. Over the years of training the consequences of the uncompleted pact and, strains of magic used to keep Fluffy alive showed, she was unable to age, staying at the age of a fawn despite being hundreds of years old. Another problem with the combination of the isolated training and Fluffy's incomplete pact, is that Fluffy had started becoming more and more mentally unstable. She, having not shown any promise in Magic, trained and became a master at wielding knifes. She even got into the habit of carrying many, many, knives in her clothes and fluff and would get ticked off at the slightest insult. The only thing keeping her from going on a murder spree was the Zack's level head, and sometimes that didn't work. Everyday Zack looses more and more energy, keeping the one he treats like a daughter alive, caring only about her, and if a threat if big enough or a target small enough, Zack would often let Fluffy go wild on her next victim, were she becomes a cold crazed, precise killer.

Summery: Fluffy is a crazy, semi-homicidal, nutcase only kept in check by a demon that nobody trusts (cuz he's a demon). ZMPTN is a level-headed demon who is limited by age and severely crippled powers.

Huge thanks to Zero(aka Timid Ferovore Hoers the critic) for helping the backstory go a lot smoother and Avering for helping me with the name of Fluffy.

(I made this OC because I wanted a character to be a crazy person while at the same time be wise and tactful and I thought a crazy person with a level headed demon perfect.)
their probably will not be artwork of this OC because I can't draw
to be continued/edited as necessary.
updated on 4/6/2016

Last edited:

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
This s my first OC I am ever making so constructive criticism is helpful and apreashitive. (there will probably be lots of spelling errors) (its kind of 2 OC's in one)
name ideas are welcome
(I made this OC because I wanted a character to be a crazy person while at the same time be wise and tactful and I thought a crazy person with a level headed demon perfect.
I can help you with making the story sound cleaner and more concise.
*Cracks Knuckles*
Let's rock!
//////Note: These are just MY opinions and ARE NOT meant to insult you in any way, shape, or form.THEY ARE JUST HERE AS "SUGGESTIONS" please don't take offense, and remember, you DON'T have to take my advice. \\\\\\\\

1.-"...her appearance is a black coated reindeer with extremely short antlers and has a deep purple secondary color, relatively small in size, looks young for her age(there is a reason to this)"
1.-( I think the sentence would flow better as follows:
"...she is a relatively small black-coated reindeer with a deep purple undercoat (I'm assuming you meant an undercoat.), short antlers, and despite her age, still looks very young."
But that's just MY way of writing it, I'm not forcing you to change anything.)

2.-Note: when younger her main coat color was white
2.-Note: ///When\\\ younger her main coat color was white/.\
(Simple spelling errors. Forgot to capitalize "W"hen, and forgot to end with a period.)

3.-Note 2: this story takes place 43 years before Velvet's
3.-Note 2: ///This\\\ story takes place 43 years before Velvet's/.\
(Just more punctuation errors. No capital first letter and missing a period at the end again.)

4.-"Sam (I'm using "SAM" as a PLACEHOLDER NAME, I am in NO WAY suggesting this as her name. That decision fall onto you, I'm just using it because I don't like having _____ as a placeholder.) was a young deer that was separated from her school during a school field trip, lost in a blizzard and was presumed dead."
4.-( All of these are just how I would remake the sentence to make it sound better.)"Sam was just a tiny faw when she got separated from her classmates during a school field trip where she ended up lost in a blizzard and was presumed dead."

5.-"Lost in the blizzard the young reindeer came across a very dark purple neck less that was attached to the demon ZMPTN (name debatable to change literally just typed random letters)."

5.-"Lost in the blizzard, the young reindeer came across a very dark purple necklace which, she soon found out, contained the demon ZMPTN."

6.-"ZMPTN explained that he was a lesser demon of old and fought for the Ungulates in the war against the predators, only to be thrown away for the unicorn that was pact with him was scared of dark magic."
6.-"... against the predators, only to be thrown away, for the unicorn whom he had made a pact with feared dark magic."

7."After the blizzard ended _____ tried to return to her village only to be disowned by her parents and shunned by everyone for her acceptance in dark magic."
7.-"After the blizzard had ended, Sam tried to return to her village, only to be disowned by her parents and shunned by everyone for her acceptance of dark magic."

8.-"At this point she cracked and tried to kill her town for not re-accepting her."
8.-"It was at this point that she cracked and attempted to murder her whole village for not re-accepting her."

9.-"She was luckily stopped by ZMPTN who knew that in time the predators would be threatened to be released."
9.-"Luckily she was stopped by ZMPTN, who knew that, in time, the predators would threaten Foenum once again with their re-release."

10.-"ZMPTN took this time to train ______ in the dark magic but ended up not so well as ZMPTH was week from so many years in the frozen north and _____'s magic was poor only allowing the ability of small summoning, and limited use of ice magic and telepathy."
10.-"ZMPTN took this time to teach Sam the Dark Arts, with minimal results, as ZMPTN was weak from many years spent in the frozen north and Sam's magic was so poor that is was limited to small summons, a bit of Ice magic, and Telepathy."

11.-"Over the years of training it was revealed to _____ that her pact stunted her growth to wear her mind grew at a normal rate but her body only looked a day older in the span of ten years."
11.-"After years of training, Sam realised that her pact with ZMPTN had stunted her growth, her mind still grew at a normal rate, but her body looked like it hadn't aged a day, even after 10 years."

12.-"Another problems with the isolated training is that ______ became mentally unstable."
12.-"Another //PROBLEM\\ with her isolated training is that Sam had become mentally unstable."

13.-"She would often begin to practice and carry knifes in her clothes and fluff and being ticked off at the slightest insult."

13.-"She had gotten into the habit of carrying knives in her clothes and fluff and would get ticked off at the slightest insult."

14.-"The only thing keeping her from going on a murder fest was the level head of ZMPTN."
14.-"The only thing keeping her from going on a murdering spree was ZMPTN's level head.

15.-"As a team these two went across the lands spreading some of the first new of the predator's return."
15.-"As a team these two traversed the lands, spreading some of the first news of the predator's eventual return."

16.-"Currently ZMPTN is planning to get him and ______ signed up with the Faction called The Dark Side."
16.-"Currently, ZMPTN is attempting to enroll himself and Sam into the The Dark Side, a Faction with a number of members much like themselves."

17.-"Summery: _____ is a crazy, wants to be homicidal, nutcase only kept in check by a demon that nobody trusts(cuz he's a demon) ZMPTN is a level headed demon who is limited by age and crippling."
17.-"Summary: Sam is a crazy, semi-homicidal, nutcase only kept in check by a demon that nobody trusts (cuz he's a demon). ZMPTN is a level-headed demon who is limited by age and severely crippled powers.

Now, these are only meant as MY opinions on how the story COULD be written, NOT on how it SHOULD be written, that's entirely up to you. But if you just wanted a list of all of your spelling errors, here have this:
My OC's name is ________ (still deciding)

1-her appearance is a black coated reindeer with extremely short antlers and has a deep purple secondary color, relatively small in size, looks young for her age(there is a reason to this)
1-//Her\\... (there is a reason //for\\ this)

2-Note: when younger her main coat color was white
2-Note 2: this story takes place 43 years before Velvet's
(See above #' 2 & 3.)

3-Lost in the blizzard the young reindeer came across a very dark purple neck less that was attached to the demon ZMPTN (name debatable to change literally just typed random letters).
3-...//necklace\\

4-ZMPTN took this time to train ______ in the dark magic but ended up not so well as ZMPTH was week from so many years in the frozen north and _____'s magic was poor only allowing the ability of small summoning, and limited use of ice magic and telepathy.
4-... as ZMPTN was //weak\\...

5-Over the years of training it was revealed to _____ that her pact stunted her growth to wear her mind grew at a normal rate but her body only looked a day older in the span of ten years.
5-... to //where\\...

6-Another problems with the isolated training is that ______ became mentally unstable.
6-See above #12.

7-She would often begin topractice and carry knifes in her clothes and fluff and being ticked off at the slightest insult.
7-...// to practice\\...

8-Summery: _____ is a crazy, wants to be homicidal, nutcase only kept in check by a demon that nobody trusts(cuz he's a demon) ZMPTN is a level headed demon who is limited by age and crippling.
8-//Summary\\...
Again, no offense meant. Please don't hate me.

Reactions: BypenThynDragon

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Again, no offense meant. Please don't hate me.
Like I'm reading a bloody Timid Ferovore Hoers. sorry
name ideas are welcome
Call her Fluffy, cus irony. (Or Tabitha. That's a german name I think)
Or, I've found a fun site.
*Ahem*
Name: Ayalon (or Ayal for short. Both means gazelle)
Race: Gazelle
He will get a thick coat (the coat-coat, not his fur) and his "own" sprite eventually.
And due to a gazelle's usually thin build he's often confude for a female. (There are fat gazelles though as they don't really need to run from cheetahs nowadays)

Gazelles. The fastest of the ungulates. The rulers of the warm savannah. And for all that is holy, none of them were ever meant to be so far north.

"Whyyyyyyy, just whyyyyyy?" Ayal shivered in the carriage. "Why is it always me?"
The reappearance of the predators and the tournament was on everyone's mind. The Gazelle Gazette, as the biggest local newspaper, obviously wanted some first-hand imformation. Thanks to this, our hero was shivering in the "heated" carriage, under several blankets, heading to Rein.
----
The first news arrived only a few weeks ago. The Predators are back! For this, several cities started hosting tournaments to choose their best. Of course the people were starved for imformation. From gossip to interviews, from pretty drawn pictures to researcher's opinions, the people craved knowledge.

The agency was in an uproar. In times like this, first-hoof reports worth their weight in gold. Journalists were sent to every corner of the world, except one. The one that gave gazelles nightmares. The dreaded North. Nobody wanted to volunteer. However, this was not unheard of in the Gazette, so as usual, the youngest one was volunteered by everyone else. The one named Ayalon already had experience in hostile enviroments anyways (not by choice mind you), so it's the perfect choice! Oh, how he hated his co-workers. Hopefully that letter sent to the authorities will bear fruit soon.
---
The carriage finally ground to a halt. It's over. He's here at least. Now to watch that tournament and head the heck home from this frozen nightmare.
"Ma'am? Are you Miss Ayalon?" a large reindeer adressed him.
"M-m-miss? E-x-x-xcuse m-m-e, b-b-but I am a g-g-guy. Y-y-yes I'm A-a-yalon," Ayal managet do answer through his rattling teeth.
The deer nodded before offering a folded paper to him. "We've got an urgent letter adressed for you". His job now complete, the deer simply turned around and started trotting away.
"The inn is just to your left, get a warm mead," he adressed Ayal, before finally disappearing behind a corner.

The bell didn't even have time to start ringing, before a shivering brownish blur teleported in front of the fireplace. Finally, in some relative warmth Ayal opened the letter.
Mr. Ayalon

Thanks to the evidence you provided to us, the leadership of the Gazelle Gazette finally got their due. They are now sitting in court for embezzlement, blackmailing and other. Most of the Gazette's illegal assets have been confiscated, but this sadly resulted in the need of dismissal of most of the agency's workers, including you. However as a personal friend, and a major help for uncovvering this farce, the local police chief arranged you a job at your current location, and a small amount of money for your perusal.

May the winds ever be in your favor.
Investigator Hartley
The inn was later renamed "Swearing Gazelle".

Last edited:

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Like I'm reading a bloody Timid Ferovore Hoers. sorry

Call her Fluffy, cus irony. (Or Tabitha. That's a german name I think)
Or, I've found a fun site.
*Ahem*
Name: Ayalon (or Ayal for short. Both means gazelle)
Race: Gazelle
He will get a thick coat (the coat-coat, not his fur) and his "own" sprite eventually.
And due to a gazelle's usually thin build he's often confude for a female. (There are fat gazelles though as they don't really need to run from cheetahs nowadays)

Gazelles. The fastest of the ungulates. The rulers of the warm savannah. And for all that is holy, none of them were ever meant to be so far north.

"Whyyyyyyy, just whyyyyyy?" Ayal shivered in the carriage. "Why is it always me?"
The reappearance of the predators and the tournament was on everyone's mind. The Gazelle Gazette, as the biggest local newspaper, obviously wanted some first-hand imformation. Thanks to this, our hero was shivering in the "heated" carriage, under several blankets, heading to Rein.
----
The first news arrived only a few weeks ago. The Predators are back! For this, several cities started hosting tournaments to choose their best. Of course the people were starved for imformation. From gossip to interviews, from pretty drawn pictures to researcher's opinions, the people craved knowledge.

The agency was in an uproar. In times like this, first-hoof reports worth their weight in gold. Journalists were sent to every corner of the world, except one. The one that gave gazelles nightmares. The dreaded North. Nobody wanted to volunteer. However, this was not unheard of in the Gazette, so as usual, the youngest one was volunteered by everyone else. The one named Ayalon already had experience in hostile enviroments anyways (not by choice mind you), so it's the perfect choice! Oh, how he hated his co-workers. Hopefully that letter sent to the authorities will bear fruit soon.
---
The carriage finally ground to a halt. It's over. He's here at least. Now to watch that tournament and head the heck home from this frozen nightmare.
"Ma'am? Are you Miss Ayalon?" a large reindeer adressed him.
"M-m-miss? E-x-x-xcuse m-m-e, b-b-but I am a g-g-guy. Y-y-yes I'm A-a-yalon," Ayal managet do answer through his rattling teeth.
The deer nodded before offering a folded paper to him. "We've got an urgent letter adressed for you". His job now complete, the deer simply turned around and started trotting away.
"The inn is just to your left, get a warm mead," he adressed Ayal, before finally disappearing behind a corner.

The bell didn't even have time to start ringing, before a shivering brownish blur teleported in front of the fireplace. Finally, in some relative warmth Ayal opened the letter.

The inn was later renamed "Swearing Gazelle".
None taken. I just REALLY didn't want to come off as too pushy in how Bypen should write his story (Even though I said that's what I was going to help him with...) Its just that, whenever I give advice, or a helping hand to a creator, I always feel like I'm intruding on something I have no right to intrude on. Makes me feel bad on the inside. But people don't usually hate that and actually welcome the outside help, usually, so I have to remember to NOT be TOO forward in what I say, and make it VERY CLEAR that I'm in no way trying to take over a project. Believe me, I've been a control freak before, and NO ONE wants to work with a control freak. (Especially not with me.)

Edit:
P.S. He wasn't volunteered, he was volunTOLD!
P.P.S. I kept reading his name as, "Ayla" instead of, "Alya", so confusing his gender is something that I can see happening for real.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
None taken. I just REALLY didn't want to come off as too pushy in how Bypen should write his story (Even though I said that's what I was going to help him with...) Its just that, whenever I give advice, or a helping hand to a creator, I always feel like I'm intruding on something I have no right to intrude on. Makes me feel bad on the inside. But people don't usually hate that and actually welcome the outside help, usually, so I have to remember to NOT be TOO forward in what I say, and make it VERY CLEAR that I'm in no way trying to take over a project. Believe me, I've been a control freak before, and NO ONE wants to work with a control freak. (Especially not with me.)

Edit:
P.P.S. I kept reading his name as, "Ayla" instead of, "Alya", so confusing his gender is something that I can see happening for real.
Again, like reading friggen Timid Ferovore Hoers. I mean I personally cushion my words a ridiculous degree ( I was called out on it multiple times), but even I think you are getting a bit overboard in apologising.
First, if you did not mean any offense, then if the recipment have at least half a brain cell, they usually won't take offense.
Secondly, you were fixing stuff, nothing in that needed any kind of apology, as you really didn't say anything offensive. And if you downplay yourself too much, people might shrug off you input if they don't like it.
And thirdly, we have no idea who you are in reality, so noone can really give you a stinkeye. (Though that's no reason to throw away all manners, like a lot of people do)
If you simply give an opinion, give an opinion and don't apologise. If you're not sure, then say it so. You won't come off as a control freak if you don't try to be one. Hell even I give opinions on a lot of stuff I have no idea about.

P.S.: You either volunteer, or someone volunteers to send you to do something.
P.P.S.: Even I read it as Ayla sometimes :D

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains

Edit:
Again, like reading friggen Timid Ferovore Hoers. I mean I personally cushion my words a ridiculous degree ( I was called out on it multiple times), but even I think you are getting a bit overboard in apologising.
First, if you did not mean any offense, then if the recipment have at least half a brain cell, they usually won't take offense.
Secondly, you were fixing stuff, nothing in that needed any kind of apology, as you really didn't say anything offensive. And if you downplay yourself too much, people might shrug off you input if they don't like it.
And thirdly, we have no idea who you are in reality, so noone can really give you a stinkeye. (Though that's no reason to throw away all manners, like a lot of people do)
If you simply give an opinion, give an opinion and don't apologise. If you're not sure, then say it so. You won't come off as a control freak if you don't try to be one. Hell even I give opinions on a lot of stuff I have no idea about.

I think you all mean: volunDEER.
I regret nothing.

EDIT: And yes, I know Gazelle =/= Deer.
I still stand by what I said.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas

I know I won't come off as a control freak (much) but I honestly thought, while writing that post, that I WAS coming off as a control freak. Hence the reminders that I wasn't trying to be one. I mean, yeah, usually I give my opinions and then not regret anything, but an OC story is personal, it's your own little creation, something special and unique to you, and only you. I guess I'll wait and see how Bypen takes the post.