1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Them's Fightin' Herds is now out on Early Access!
    You can buy it from these links.
    Humble Bundle // Steam

3. 26.6.18: Situation update

Current Early Access Patch: 8-18-2018

My Favorite Game Is S**t

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by PixelGrip94, Feb 14, 2016.

1. CrazyBob05

CrazyBob05 Well-Known Member

Correct Rocketknight

Think I'll give someone else a chance to post instead of putting up my next game.

2. Killer Beast

Killer Beast Kept you waiting, huh?
    Backers' Beta Tester

Well, I guess I could re-do my old one, since no one guessed it.

You're a dude that likes to steal stuff. Motivation? You just have to pay your landlord and sneaking and stealing is the thing you're most skilled at. You break into people's homes and mansions and rob them blind, whilst making snarky comments at their opulence. Later on, you even end up stealing from what is, essentially, a god in disguise!

3. Rich Jammer

Rich Jammer By the Numbers Accountant
    Backers' Beta Tester

Sounds like the Thief series. Not counting THI4F.

Killer Beast likes this.
  4. Rocketknightgeek

Rocketknightgeek Backers' Beta Tester
    Backers' Beta Tester

Just going to repeat the one I left on the last page with my correct answer, seeing as the page turnover made everyone ignore it.

A stick man stands in one spot and strikes violently to the left or right in order to murder enough other stick men to satisfy an arbitrary number.

5. $Bison

$Bison Well-Known Member

Breath of Fire II?

One Finger Death Punch?

Before they part ways in high school, teenagers make a bad life choice when the charm they made for the purpose of bringing friends closer together turns out to be a death ritual where they all become sacrifices to Pikachu. (at least in the remake)

6. Killer Beast

Killer Beast Kept you waiting, huh?
    Backers' Beta Tester

Yes, it is, you beautiful man. That sentence is perfect. How dare you insult Teef? Garrotte is the best! /s

7. DungeonMiner

DungeonMiner A guy who likes to write
    Backers' Beta Tester

A game about a different game that is not actually like that game. I mean, yeah, you get to shoot stuff, but all the real meat's in the original. The original's not the best either. This is their fifth shot at making the dumb thing, and they still can't decide if they want the setting to be sci-fi or fantasy. So there you go, running off in psuedo-seattle, shooting people, hacking computers, and using drones as you try to find the killer of your friend, only to find weird bug spirits are trying to destroy the world.

#247 DungeonMiner, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  8. Stridershy

Stridershy The King Of Goat Style
    Backers' Beta Tester

A series of games in which you travel around the galaxy, and all your choices impact how the game is played, but the ultimate choice boils down to "Red or Blue".

9. Avering

Avering Pew-Pew
    Backers' Beta Tester

Choose green. Cus you always need a boring everyone is happy and friendly and crap ending.

10. Stridershy

Stridershy The King Of Goat Style
    Backers' Beta Tester

But muh Tali won't be happy.

Avering likes this.
  11. CrazyBob05

Watch_Dogs maybe?

Grumpy black-clad teenager playing an MMO goes on a quest for vengeance because some girl he has a crush on is in a coma after her character got pwned by a virus-infected player that he doesn't realize was his mentor the entire time.

12. DungeonMiner

Backers' Beta Tester

Shadowrun Returns, actually, I'm kinda obscure, so no big surprise that no one got it.

Not a guess, but that seriously sounds like a Sword Art Online plot.

13. CrazyBob05

Very close...

14. $Bison

$Bison Well-Known Member

.hack?

15. CrazyBob05

Yes! Exactly, $Bison. Specifically the GU subseries.

Just to keep this thread going, three way galactic war between cyborgs who want independence, a religious group that want to live in peace, and an oppressive government that wants to enslave both so as to "reunite humanity". More city building and resource management.

16. OCisbestungulate

OCisbestungulate Always watching you
    Backers' Beta Tester

Supreme Commander?

17. CrazyBob05

Correct!

This annoying forum game where we have to talk as trashy about stuff we like as possible to see if anyone else can guess what it is.

Mindlessly addictive cellphone game where you wander about trying to stuff virtual monsters into red and white colored balls. Real world landmarks have some kind of significance or another.

Sutekh94 likes this.
  18. DungeonMiner

Backers' Beta Tester

Oh, come on, now, those are too easy!
    My Favorite Game is S**t, and Pokemon Go.

The game drops you off in the middle of nowhere. It gives you no objective, and you have nothing. You are sent back to the stone age, although, they can't even get that right. The game then pretends to be deep, spewing forth a ton of nonsensical BS at you, and you have to sit through it all.

19. Avering

Avering Pew-Pew
    Backers' Beta Tester

Rust? I only know the game by name really, so not really sure.

The devs decided CoD and BF is not hardcore enough, so they made an ultra realistic game, where the AI either have no idea what's going on and you can shoot it without it retaliating, or they can shoot you in the head from a km away through a forest, two windows and 6 bushes.

20. NeoTensai

NeoTensai Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
    Backers' Beta Tester

Ok here is one for you. I don't know if you had done it before but here is my favorite game is S**t.

You control one of 6 factions of the game. There are many ways to win but the most common is to eliminate all other factions on the map. You move around one or more characters on horseback each possesing his own units, equipables, skills and magic,
    exploring a map filled with rewards and dangers. Movement thought the map is pretty slow at least in the begining. You use resorces you gathered on the map and resorces that were generated by possesing special buildings on the map to upgrade your base, buy units and upgrade them.

I tried to be as vague as possible, if its too hard will input more details.

21. DungeonMiner

Backers' Beta Tester

Close. Minecraft, actually, thus the "pretending to be deep" thing.

Well, I know it's an FPS. The problem is there are so many, and they're all roughly the same...

Hang on a second...

*throws dart at wall*

Is it Arma 3?

22. Avering

Avering Pew-Pew
    Backers' Beta Tester

All of them to be honest. The AI can be ridiculous at times. One time you are just standing there, your jaw on the floor with the squad moving like a well oiled machine, checking corners, scouting ahead, USING THE GODDAMNED COVER, while at others they just stand in the middle of the road or are running around like headless chickens, never mind the tank rolling up on them.

23. DungeonMiner

Backers' Beta Tester

Is this Age of Wonders 3?

24. CrazyBob05

I know my last ones were too easy but I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel, metaphorically. You should've known that when I put up an Atari 2600 game.

Older educational Star Wars themed game about making robots and solving physics puzzles.

25. NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester

Nop It's more Fantasy/"Middle ages". The game plays out like a turn-based strategy game, that goes for navigating the map and when you attack an enemy hero. When a battle between heroes start you are moved from the map to a battlefield made of hexagons. Each unit occupies one hex, big units occupy 2.

26. DungeonMiner

Backers' Beta Tester

Well, it's not Endless Legend. It's not Age of Empires, or any of the more 'realistic' RTSs either...I'm stumped.

27. Avering

Avering Pew-Pew
    Backers' Beta Tester

Heroes? Disciples? The latter one doesn't have that large unit occupy two hexes, while I've never played with the former.

But anyways, I'm curious if somebody will recognise this.
    *Ahem*
    The game was probably made in weeks, even your own controlled character is just a black blob. And the only goal in the game is to make snowmen in a park.

I know I'm not good at making stuff sound bad, but at least I try. You guys should too, it's funnier that way. Also the thread is named so.

28. OCisbestungulate

Backers' Beta Tester

Oh derp! Heroes of Might and Magic! Of course! I grew up playing those games. The question is, which one?

29. NeoTensai

Backers' Beta Tester

Bingo. Well it really doesn't matter which one from the series, since all of them are similar. But I was going for the best one and that is Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Restoration of Erathia. Good Job

30. DungeonMiner

Backers' Beta Tester

Alright, since I can't figure the Star Wars game above, here's another.

You play the part of a heartless monster. Your uncle or whatever woke not-Cthulhu, and went "Oh well, it's your job now," leaving you nothing while you go and try to fix his dumb mistake. Since you also play a coward, you don't actually go there, though. No, you hire social outcasts, knowing full well they will die, hiring them for a small lump sum for their service until their inevitable demise. You offer no benefits, they get no gold, and they have to slog through scores and scores of lovecraftian horrors while you sit on your easy chair back in the village you're based out of. When they get back, they're so shaken they probably need therapy, but you probably won't get it to them because you're too cheap to get a second seat at the shrink's and someone else has the first. You greedy monster.

31. OCisbestungulate

Backers' Beta Tester

Nah, Heroes 4 was the best of them all :D

Kidding aside, it and 5 are actually my faves. Yes, I know, heresy, but I kinda like the ugly look of 4, and the part where one's heroes are actually on the field. Makes it almost feel like an RPG in a way.

32. Avering

Avering Pew-Pew
    Backers' Beta Tester

33. DungeonMiner

Backers' Beta Tester

He is.

Also, your formatting needs a touch of work.

34. Avering

Avering Pew-Pew
    Backers' Beta Tester

I merely reformatted what you wrote in a more condensed fashion. It is exactly what you just said, only with a bit more words.

35. DungeonMiner

Backers' Beta Tester

36. TyphlUpgrade

TyphlUpgrade When the Eleven-Day Empire eats the sky...
    Crowdfund Backer

You play as a practically mute character that you make in the customization screen. It wont matter either way because your helmet will be on the entire time because your character is ugly. After that, a starfish shaped floating thing follows you around while you shoot things for a giant marble that gives you super powers that mainly involve big explosions and lack of creativity on the game designers' part. The vanilla half of the game completely blows except for one activity that requires six people without matchmaking. In order to actually enjoy the game you just spent $60+ on you have to get the DLC, which costs another 60 bucks.

Still better than Madden.

#276 TyphlUpgrade, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  37. Avering

Avering Pew-Pew
    Backers' Beta Tester

Destiny. and I never played it even.

38. DungeonMiner

Backers' Beta Tester

Things begin in the middle of nowhere. You are given six short minions to obey your commands, and you are in charge of keeping them alive. Alright. No problem, right? Wrong. First, the minions themselves. They obey your orders directly, you just say you want such-and-such done, and they'll get around to it eventually. Need to build a well or you all die of thirst? Meh, I'm gonna build this table first, nevermind that my friends and family are dropping like dehydrated flies around me. They have little-to-no reguard for their own safety, running blindly into danger before panicking, and scattering to the wind.

And that's just the minions! This game looks so bad, that you can barely tell the difference between a Yeti, and a Yak. One of which wants to kill you, the other being a source of food. Giants in cow's skin, notwithstanding, the types of things that are trying to kill you in this game are either super OP super monsters that could make Doomsday look like a walk in the park, while others might accidentally kill themselves. Of course, in order to die to these guys, you need to survive long enough first. Never before in a game have you had to deal with the utter hopelessness of starvation. No dirt? No Water? No food! Your little minions will be forced to eat vermin to survive, and because they need vermin to survive, they won't make more food! The next thing you know, there's just a massive spiral of death and depression, leaving no one left in the meager shelter you built to keep these people alive.

And the kicker? The game is so bad, you want this to happen. You actively want your little minions to die. You know it's going to happen, so the best you can hope for is an interesting death, and the game knows it.

#278 DungeonMiner, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  39. OCisbestungulate

Backers' Beta Tester

Dwarf Fortress.

40. DungeonMiner

Backers' Beta Tester

Exactly!

Remember, Losing is FUN!