The TFHs Original Character Thread

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
"Oh An Hongse-sama! It's such an honor to train with you!"

"Call me Senpai, Gaosung-chan..."

"S-senpai..."
Good thing I have a limitless supply of fire. Brain bleach is for wimps anyway, strong people purify their brain's with fire.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
But for srs though, negative points for using Japanese suffixes on Chinese names. For shame.
I have no shame.

I regret nothing!

EDIT - I do have one regret: everything

EDIT EDIT -
Wasn't I supposed to do something? Oh yeah I should have written down my characer's background AGES ago... oops

Gaosung and Tzng the Crimson Flame

Gaosung's general appearance is the same as the typical green-scaled dragon-like-horse longma, however his fire burn blue, and it's flames are a lot smaller than any other. As a consequence his flames wings are too short for proper flight, though they can still be useful. However this state is not natural, his flames are just as hot as anyone else's, he just keeps them under tight control all the time because if he doesn't pay attention to them Tzng can strenghten them to start fires. He is calm and collected, though his sunken eyes suggest he is more tired than he let on.

Tzng the Crimson Flame is the spirit of a carnivorous longma, from the dawn of the specie, he is bound directly to Gaosung but though his appearance is very impressive - a horned longma skull, the bone scorched in places, billowing with black smoke, the crimson flames of the inferno whithin the fumes and the skull sometimes visible through the smolder - he is in fact incorporeal and cannot act on the physical plane. He can only lend power, sometimes twist it, and try to influence Gaosung, by coaxing or arguing or teaching him his magic. Contrary to Fred his intentions are straightforward, he revel in fiery destruction and barbecues, he wants to corrupt Gaosung, to push him into eating meat and causing conflagrations and Gaosung knows it, but he has decided to harvest Tzng's dark powers for good.

The story of Gaosung and Tzng (abridged version):

Gaosung did not grow up differently from most longmas, he did not have any handicap or physical defect but he was nonetheless treated as the runt of the litter by his peers. This came from a confusion on their part: when the older longma told them the stories of old battles they listened ravenously to the mighty dead of warriors and generals alike, but Gaosung saw the bigger picture and he became fascinated by the cunning of the military tacticians. So while most longma his age spent all their time training to become the strongest warriors he set aside time to study and learn. The other thought this was unwillingness to push past his limits, a weakness, and they teased him about it. Gaosung ignored the bullying, knowing he had set himself on the right path, he had even gotten permission to study text from the public library on his own, a rare feat for someone young as the flammable scrolls needed to be manipulated with care.

But one day, as he was reading the account of a past battle in the public garden next to the great graveyard he was accosted by a group of bullies, they snatched the precious parcment away and threw it over the wall. Gaosung had no choice but to go and retrieve it in the oldest part of the cemetery, hoping not to disturb the spirits of the long dead warriors resting there.

When he found the scroll it was resting on the strangest tombstone in the whole graveyard. The urn -longmas are traditionnaly cremated- was wrapped in corroded iron chains, and even thought the rest of the cemetery was impecably maintained moss and weeds were growing on this grave. To reach for the parchment Gaosung had to step on the tombstone, and his hoof settled on one of the rusty links of the chain, which broke under the pressure. Suddenly the air was filled with black smoke, and as the young longma coughed a roaring laugh filled the cemetery. Tzng was free!

Or so he thought. The corrupted longma tried to get away, to fly across the country leaving a blazing trail of fire but he could not go farther than a few paces from his tomb and his fire barely singed the grass of perfectly mowed lawns. His bindings were merely cracked, not shattered. Noticing Gaosung he tried to get the young longma to finish what he had started, threatening and coaxing him to destroy the rest of the chains but he only managed to frighten him enough to make him flee away.

But Gaosung did not report the incident, neither did he try to forget it. Instead he did his best to understand, delving deep into the fireproof archives of the library to look for treatises on demons and how to bind them. Finally he found the relevant texts in the oldest parts, so old the archives were made of stone rather than the easier to produce ceramic used nowaday. He could not let the demon be until it's chains finished to rust away, but on the other hand the state of disrepair of the binding clearly showed that nobody cared or knew about these anymore. He needed to solve the problem himself.

And so, after months of studying the old text he went back to the urn, offering to free the long dead longma by signing a pact with him. The demon was all too happy to comply, not considering for a minute that a mortal would think of conning him and that's exactly what Gaosung did. However he was no expert on demon, and even thought he choose the phrasing of the pact carefully enough to leave the demon no agency over the world he left him some control over the power he lended and nothing forbad him from influencing Gaosung through constant coaxing chatter.

The first time the young longma tried out his new powers this night right after the pact he scorched everything around the tomb, and the crimson flames refused to obey him, devouring everything in their path. As the billowing cloud of black smoke and ash filled the air Gaosung panicked and fled, flying away with wings of red flame, each large enough to engulf a whole house and leaving embers fall behind them to start more fire and leave a burning trail behind. He flew for a long time, spreading the fire, with no idea of what to do, until he reached a large body of water. Flying over it he was no longer sowing the inferno but that was only a temporary solution.

Finally he reached a small and bare island. More exhausted than he had ever been, he let himself crash on it's beach, slowly turning the sand to glass as he slumbered.

Many years have passed since and through constant training and meditation Gaosung has learned to keep the demon's power at bay unless it was needed, and to control it once it was out. Finally ready to help the world like he had always intended he left the glass island behind and set out to see the world, only to learn that his help would defenetively be needed.

The predators are returning.
I have to admit. I'm impressed by the thought you put into this. This an't half bad.

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
It's a blushing manga girl holding up a piece of paper that says,
"LEWD
but I approve"
INSUFFICIENT!!!!

LOL, I can't view this image because the website is blocked in my country.
Please describe it to me.
It is a young lady, no less then 12, but no older then 22. She holds, so very timidly, a sign that she is both embarrassed, but desirous to hold. Short bangs, just above the eyes, topped with a band that wraps about her head and holds her long, zaggy hair from her face. Under her eyes, squinted with a cock-tale of emotions, her cheeks gently, yet fiercely, blush. And upon the sign she holds is written the very words that express all that she feels, for it says:

Lewd
but I approve

Last edited:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
What kind of tyranny all that money must be making in the Emirates.
Downloaded and reuploaded here for your enjoyment. Tell me if it doesn't work.
asd.png

Last edited:

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
INSUFFICIENT!!!!

It is a young lady, no less then 12, but no older then 22. She holds, so very timidly, a sign that she is both embarrassed, but desirous to hold. Short bangs, just above the eyes, topped with a band that wrapped about her head and holds her long, zaggy hair from her face. Under her eyes, squinted with a cock-tale of emotions, her cheeks gently, yet fiercly, blush. And upon the sign she holds is written the very words that exprese all that she feels, for it says:

Lewd
but I approve
OBJECTION!
This description is false on the grounds that it was *Slams hands on desk* NOT WRITTEN CORRECTLY!
Your Honor the defense motions that Defense Exhibit A be inspected once more!
It CLEARLY states here that, "..topped with a band THAT wrapped about her headand holds her long..."
For the sentence to sound right that 'THAT' should be a 'THAT'S', CASE CLOSED! (Really cool detective anime, you should check it out.)

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
OBJECTION!
This description is false on the grounds that it was *Slams hands on desk* NOT WRITTEN CORRECTLY!
It CLEARLY states here that, "..topped with a band THAT wrapped about her headand holds her long..."
For the sentence to sound right that 'THAT' should be a 'THAT'S', CASE CLOSED! (Really cool detective anime, you should check it out.)
Objection! He edited it before your objection!

Reactions: 0Zero100

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
OBJECTION!
Objection! He edited it before your objection!

HOLD IT! But his quote contains the original version! Does that mean he begun his objection before it was changed? Or, DID HE QUOTE THE EDITED VERSION AND THEN CHANGE IT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL?

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
HOLD IT! But his quote contains the original version! Does that mean he begun his objection before it was changed? Or, DID HE QUOTE THE EDITED VERSION AND THEN CHANGE IT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL?
No...:( I quoted you while it was still 1 minute old... I'm not THAT mean.

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Wait, so, MY dad wins? Ooo, can my dad be Morgan Freeman!? That would be AWESOME!
Your battle wasn't with my dad's OC, it was your OC's dad versus my OC's dad, my OC's dad wouldn't be caught dead with your dad nor would my dad's dead OC have any such interest in your dad or your OC or your OC's dad or your dad's OC! But I will put a forth a challenge to the lot of you, from my OC's dad's OC's dad!

Reactions: The Yaski

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Your battle wasn't with my dad's OC, it was your OC's dad versus my OC's dad, my OC's dad wouldn't be caught dead with your dad nor would my dad's dead OC have any such interest in your dad or your OC or your OC's dad or your dad's OC! But I will put a forth a challenge to the lot of you, from my OC's dad's OC's dad!
So we're being challenged by the father of the Original character that YOUR Original Character's father made up, right?..... Papa Freeman would still win...

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Anyway, SO... who thinks their OC can beat someone else's OC?
Oc name: L33t Sl4y3r
Race: Super-awesome-demon-shadow-undead-dragon

L33t Sl4y3r is an awesome dragon. He was so powerful, the predators and the non-predators had to work together to seal him. But he was so powerful they couldn't. But he was sealed anyways. And now his seal is weak, so he broke out and killed everyone.

Yeah, I can't really write like those starry-eyed lil' kids.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Oc name: L33t Sl4y3r
Race: Super-awesome-demon-shadow-undead-dragon

L33t Sl4y3r is an awesome dragon. He was so powerful, the predators and the non-predators had to work together to seal him. But he was so powerful they couldn't. But he was sealed anyways. And now his seal is weak, so he broke out and killed everyone.

Yeah, I can't really write like those starry-eyed lil' kids.
I've already written a 5,000 page epic in his honor. Sadly, I failed to capture his glory...

Reactions: Avering

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
It's been too long, but here's the second half I promised.
Name: Blue (BLDCLW TH§ ¿AV§GE?)

Race: Fox demon

Appearance: Foxskull, commonly surrounded with blue magic/flame. Bound to a worn book bound in black fur and a silver spine known as the Libro Sanguine Luxuriae.

History: BLDCLW TH§ ¿AV§GE?'s origins are currently unknown, but what is known is where Weylyn found her book. Weylyn, having just joined the darkside but not quite found a way to escape the hold yet, decides he needs an ally, one who can protect him from the hunters' masters such as The Patient One who'd have obviously been notified of his betrayal. He needed a demonic ally. He eventually found the lair of the apex, which currently was owned by the Devourer, but had previously been owned by many other powerful predators, and a few of them happened to be practitioners of dark magic. He found himself lucky enough to find it without a single guard or even the devourer himself inside, and found what he was looking for, a tome with black fur as the cover, a silver spine, and the pages MADE of leather. He thought he'd be sick from seeing the book, but instead, he was strangely...invigorated? He reached for it, then stopped. He realized that if he took the book, that'll seal his fate, and he'll have to truly switch sides. He never thought about how he'd have to abandon his family... his pack, before, but now, he'd have to. He finally sat on the thought that it was what was right, even if it wasn't going to win him any friends or happiness in the long run. He quickly slammed the book open. Blue fire appeared before him, and he heard something say "Ooh, finally someone let me out... I'm BLDCLW TH§ ¿AV§GE?, and this book, the Libro Sanguine Luxuriae can grant you the power to rule this world as it's new apex predator!"...what happens next is a story for another day...

Last edited:

Lunamann

Rookie Dark Magick Wielder
Apr 25, 2016
Tennessee
Since I plan on joining the Dark Side, might as well have a character (well, two, because daemon) to go along with it.

Name: Lunari Inkeepe

Species: Reindeer

Appearance: A lean build with dark fur, blue and white accents striping down his antlers. Typically adorned with several jeweled necklaces, bracelets, and other jewelry in a myriad of colors, all bound to highly polished silver. His hooves and antlers are perpetually shrouded in a frosty mist due to his altered ice magic. His hind left leg is mangled, shrunken, and twisted, yet encased in a sort of icy, silvery cast that functions as the leg itself.

History: Not all Reindeer can live up to the Elves' expectations, due to injury, birth defect, or simply being a runt. Most "rejects" are simply taken in by other elves, who care for them despite- or maybe because of- their flaws. Such, perhaps, was to be the fate of Lunari, a rising star in Rein theatre who, after a magic accident cost him his hind left leg, was abandoned by his own elves, and left to fend for himself on a cold winter night, with only the light of the full moon as his company... or so he thought. As he was trudging through the snow on three legs, he stumbled across a silver Elven handmirror laying abandoned in the snow. His discovery led him away from his icy brethren, and to a darker path, lit by the silver moon... Too dark? I'm a bit unsure on this. Any feebdack on this backstory would be highly appreciated.

Personality: Lunari, like his Rein brethren, is quite vain, and takes great pride in his own appearance- hence all the jewelry. He is also rather dramatic, often up-playing or down-playing things to suit his goals (or have fun, as the case may be.)

---

Name: MHNNDH ("Mann")

Species: Daemon (formerly Feline?)

Appearance: A daemon bound to a silver Elven handmirror encrusted with sapphires. He only appears in the image the mirror reflects, where he depicts himself as a black cat, despite the daemon's voice coming from the mirror itself. A being looking into MHNNDH's mirror often feels a strange, warm sensation where he is depicted as touching them- which happens often, as he often depicts himself draped along the onlooker's shoulders.

History: Not much is known for sure about MHNNDH's origins, but he purports to have originally been a Predator of the feline persuasion. He was drawn to the dark arts by a particularly conniving Elven spirit, who managed to trick him into trading places- binding MHNNDH to the mirror and freeing the demon. He is unsure if this other daemon was caught and bound to something else afterwards- in his own words, "It's not like I can go and check, seeing as I'm stuck in this mirror myself." Interestingly, he claims to have been a "tabby" before he was led to the dark arts.

Personality: Quick-witted, snide, and uncaring, all three are hallmarks of MHNNDH. With a quick tongue to match his biting wit, this daemon wants nothing more than to be free of his silvery prison, and is quick to let anyone know about it. He does, interestingly, have a few other motives, and at times he seems to use the "I just want to get out" excuse a tad too liberally... as if he's covering up some other, darker goal...

Last edited:

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Since I plan on joining the Dark Side, might as well have a character (well, two, because daemon) to go along with it.

Appearance: A lean build with dark fur, blue and white accents striping down his antlers. Typically adorned with several jeweled necklaces, bracelets, and other jewelry in a myriad of colors, all bound to highly polished silver. His hooves and antlers are perpetually shrouded in a frosty mist due to his altered ice magic. His hind left leg is mangled, shrunken, and twisted, yet encased in a sort of icy, silvery cast that functions as the leg itself.

History: Not all Reindeer can live up to the Elves' expectations, due to injury, birth defect, or simply being a runt. Most "rejects" are simply taken in by other elves, who care for them despite- or maybe because of- their flaws. Such, perhaps, was to be the fate of Lunari, a rising star in Rein theatre who, after a magic accident cost him his hind left leg, was abandoned by his own elves, and left to fend for himself on a cold winter night, with only the light of the full moon as his company... or so he thought. As he was trudging through the snow on three legs, he stumbled across a silver Elven handmirror laying abandoned in the snow. His discovery led him away from his icy brethren, and to a darker path, lit by the silver moon... Too dark? I'm a bit unsure on this. Any feebdack on this backstory would be highly appreciated.

Personality: Lunari, like his Rein brethren, is quite vain, and takes great pride in his own appearance- hence all the jewelry. He is also rather dramatic, often up-playing or down-playing things to suit his goals (or have fun, as the case may be.)

---

Appearance: A daemon bound to a silver Elven handmirror encrusted with sapphires. He only appears in the image the mirror reflects, where he depicts himself as a black cat, despite the daemon's voice coming from the mirror itself. A being looking into MHNNDH's mirror often feels a strange, warm sensation where he is depicted as touching them- which happens often, as he often depicts himself draped along the onlooker's shoulders.

History: Not much is known for sure about MHNNDH's origins, but he purports to have originally been a Predator of the feline persuasion. He was drawn to the dark arts by a particularly conniving Elven spirit, who managed to trick him into trading places- binding MHNNDH to the mirror and freeing the demon. He is unsure if this other daemon was caught and bound to something else afterwards- in his own words, "It's not like I can go and check, seeing as I'm stuck in this mirror myself." Interestingly, he claims to have been a "tabby" before he was led to the dark arts.

Personality: Quick-witted, snide, and uncaring, all three are hallmarks of MHNNDH. With a quick tongue to match his biting wit, this daemon wants nothing more than to be free of his silvery prison, and is quick to let anyone know about it. He does, interestingly, have a few other motives, and at times he seems to use the "I just want to get out" excuse a tad too liberally... as if he's covering up some other, darker goal...
I don't think that's too dark at all, I kinda like these guys actually!

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas

---

They remind me of when I edited BypenTheDragon's OC story.
(Check it out, it's only like 2 pages back, it sounds similar to yours... escept his OC is bloodthirsty... so yeah, there's a difference.)

Edit: I'd also think it kind of funny if you called him Manny, just to be patronizing!