[FactionRP] The Dark Side [Oleander]

The Yaski

Acting representative of the Empire of Tianhuo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
-snort- Apologies, then sir CrpCrwls. I can understand the need for some playful jibing as much as the next longma, temperamental be the Honored Mother. But threats upon her majesty are never appropriate. I regret accusing you of traitorous thoughts and ask for your forgiveness.

As for her lady Illusion I see no reason not, though as I was not a founding member of the challenge I am uncertain as to if it is my place to give you permission.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Are you wanting to know what makes BEST baked goods?

Nice helping of

STAY SALTY!

Ariz-totzka prefers cupcakes anyway.
Indeed, it is quite an essential ingredient of many recipes. Truly you are right to be leader of the Ariz-totzkans with such profound knowledge. Perhaps we might swap recipes sometime.

OOC: Lolnice

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council

Nice helping of

STAY SALTY!

You know what else goes well with salt? recently caught prey, who also go well with a nice Chianti... YES! MY DIETARY HABITS HAVE CHURNED ALL YOUR STOMACHS! YOU'RE WELCOME! now can we please just finish this or drop it or something? All this talk of ungulate delectables is making me really confused!

Last edited:

Silver Lining

Dwarf casts Fireball! *throws gunpowder barrel*
Backers' Beta Tester
You know what else goes well with salt? recently caught prey, who also go well with a nice Chianti... YES! MY DIETARY HABITS HAVE CHURNED ALL YOUR STOMACHS! YOU'RE WELCOME! now can we please just finish this or drop it or something? All this talk of ungulate delectables is making me really confused!
Personally speaking, I actually find this information rather fascinating.
This requires further study
No, now is probably not the time for that, they're probably busy.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas

Nice helping of

STAY SALTY!

Honestly, I think Weaver created something that spiraled WAY too out of control. Then again it has been fun to read what people have come up with about the whole BAKE OFF OF THE CENTURY!!!

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hey man, you do you. Honored mother resides within me and while I am a vegetarian by practice, I am omnivorous by species. Your comments have no effects upon my digestion as you assume. I have even heard whispering that even the champion of the Pom Patrol accepts such a lifestyle. You wish to coexist and I can respect that. Peace, friend -offers baozi platter-. Some of my warmups for the cook off. I have mostly herbivore or sweet paste types, but there are a few omnivore ones and one carnivore one right at the back.

Last edited:

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Hey man, you do you. Honored mother resides within me and while I am a vegetarian by practice, I am omnivorous by species. Your comments have no effects upon my digestion as you assume. I have even heard whispering that even the champion of the Pom Patrol accepts such a lifestyle. You wish to coexist and I can respect that. Peace, friend -offers baozi-.
Was that referring to my avatar being Robot Bear?

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Hey man, you do you. Honored mother resides within me and while I am a vegetarian by practice, I am omnivorous by species. Your comments have no effects upon my digestion as you assume. I have even heard whispering that even the champion of the Pom Patrol accepts such a lifestyle. You wish to coexist and I can respect that. Peace, friend -offers baozi platter-. Some of my warmups for the cook off. I have mostly herbivore or sweet paste types, but there are a few omnivore ones and one carnivore one right at the back.
Well, if i wish to coexist, I guess I may as well learn how the fabled Longma prepare weak prey to be more appetizing... WAIT!? AREN'T THE LONGMA SUPPOSED TO HAVE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN HERBIVOROUS IN PRACTICE!? How did you come across those last recipes?

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Well, if i wish to coexist, I guess I may as well learn how the fabled Longma prepare weak prey to be more appetizing... WAIT!? AREN'T THE LONGMA SUPPOSED TO HAVE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN HERBIVOROUS IN PRACTICE!? How did you come across those last recipes?
PLOT CONVENIENCE!

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Archives. I am a warrior of the guard by blood but a scholar by practice. Anything can be found if you search hard enough. I must admit this is my first time making the carnivorous type, but I MAY have tried making an omnivorous baozi once just out of curiosity and for the thrill of it. Anyways, the meat chosen may not be the highest quality, but even in the Mighty Empire of Huoshan, pests exist that need to be dealt with. Full disclosure. I hope it does not offend your palette, but if you truly intend to be a friendly predator you may have times where this is all you can find.

PLOT CONVENIENCE!
OOC: Would I do that? :p Besides, CrpCrwls already said they have a demonic longma aid that was from before the longma became herbivorous, and they were not questioned, so I have precedent to stand on.

Last edited:

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Archives. I am a warrior of the guard by blood but a scholar by practice. Anything can be found if you search hard enough. I must admit this is my first time making the carnivorous type, but I MAY have tried making an omnivorous baozi once just out of curiosity and for the thrill of it. Anyways, the meat chosen may not be the highest quality, but even in the Mighty Empire of Huoshan, pests exist that need to be dealt with. Full disclosure. I hope it does not offend your palette, but if you truly intend to be a friendly predator you may have times where this is all you can find.

OOC: Would I do that? Besides, CrpCrwls already said they have a demonic longma aid that was from before the longma became herbivorous, and they were not questioned, so I have precedent to stand on.
I forgot he had that, so, my bad.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
OOC: Tianhuo Lore - "They believe they have purged from themselves the worst traits of their pure-blood ancestors, and embody only the best."

The wording is a bit vague on this, "They 'believe' " suggests uncertainty, and 'purged' suggests a process. I think there is room for interpretation here. After all, with the whole yin-yang thing going on, it is not hard to believe that a Longma way out of balance toward the dragon side could fall back to Predatory habits, and if it is possible, you can pretty much bet it has happened before at some point. Hell, I could see there being a whole group of them that have returned to a predatory life-style in secret, and look down on the Honored Father aspect as weakness.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
OOC: Tianhuo Lore - "They believe they have purged from themselves the worst traits of their pure-blood ancestors, and embody only the best."

The wording is a bit vague on this, "They 'believe' " suggests uncertainty, and 'purged' suggests a process. I think there is room for interpretation here. After all, with the whole yin-yang thing going on, it is not hard to believe that a Longma way out of balance toward the dragon side could fall back to Predatory habits, and if it is possible, you can pretty much bet it has happened before at some point. Hell, I could see there being a whole group of them that have returned to a predatory life-style in secret, and look down on the Honored Father aspect as weakness.
OOC: I kind of understand, but it's something a predator who'd only have rudimentary knowledge of the species of foenum wouldn't have picked up on. :p

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council

OOC: Would I do that? :p Besides, CrpCrwls already said they have a demonic longma aid that was from before the longma became herbivorous, and they were not questioned, so I have precedent to stand on.
Ooh, well I must have forgotten my friend's demon, but he insinuated that that kind of action was... at the very least shunned by the Longma. That is most interesting... And you need not worry about me being too high and mighty for stooping to devouring pests. After all, I was planning on feeding on common mice like the sheepdogs do, so a meal prepared by you would actually be a pretty welcome change. Also, thanks for being a much more open minded person, that seems to have been pretty rare outside of the Darkside.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ooh, well I must have forgotten my friend's demon, but he insinuated that that kind of action was... at the very least shunned by the Longma. That is most interesting... And you need not worry about me being too high and mighty for stooping to devouring pests. After all, I was planning on feeding on common mice like the sheepdogs do, so a meal prepared by you would actually be a pretty welcome change. Also, thanks for being a much more open minded person, that seems to have been pretty rare outside of the Darkside.
We may be compelled by our bloodlines, but we are not chained to them. A sheep can stand up and be brave, a delicate deer can best a mighty buck, a unicorn can shun the magic of Light, a longma can look beyond tradition to find a friend. The Dark Side isn't your only solace sir Hunter, though I am glad you have found comfort there.

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
From birth... from the very day we are born, we are programmed to be afraid of the dark.

Be it from siblings, telling cruel lies to laugh at our fear... be it from our parents, making up whatever they must to keep us from wandering around at night... be it from other younglings, sharing their own paranoia... be it whatever work of fiction sharing it's idea of what a monster is...

All of it breeds us to fear what may lurk in the shadows. Not because of what we know, but because of what we don't. We can't see what's there, so we can only assume the worst of it...

Indoctrination.

Every generation is raised this way, to be afraid of what they do not understand... or to hate it. For far longer than any of us have been alive, this phenomena has brought conflict upon conflict onto our lives. It seeps into our every action. From it, comes mistrust. Discrimination. If they're different, they must be shunned... or worse.

...This concept has always existed and it may never go away. For those that have felt it their whole lives, it may well be irrevocable. But on a case-by-case basis, they can always learn... to understand.

When society sees those that have been judged so harshly fighting so hard, making such sacrifice to save them... when they realize that they owe their lives to those they had wished death upon... when those that have been so thoroughly vilified become heroes...

...I believe they will understand. Don't you?

Reactions: Super jorsour64

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Reporting in with muh demon:

Now onto those Cookies eh?
(Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Persona 3. Is your demon named Thanatos or just look like it?)
(Also yes, baking, have the rules been established?)

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
From birth... from the very day we are born, we are programmed to be afraid of the dark.

Be it from siblings, telling cruel lies to laugh at our fear... be it from our parents, making up whatever they must to keep us from wandering around at night... be it from other younglings, sharing their own paranoia... be it whatever work of fiction sharing it's idea of what a monster is...

All of it breeds us to fear what may lurk in the shadows. Not because of what we know, but because of what we don't. We can't see what's there, so we can only assume the worst of it...

Indoctrination.

Every generation is raised this way, to be afraid of what they do not understand... or to hate it. For far longer than any of us have been alive, this phenomena has brought conflict upon conflict onto our lives. It seeps into our every action. From it, comes mistrust. Discrimination. If they're different, they must be shunned... or worse.

...This concept has always existed and it may never go away. For those that have felt it their whole lives, it may well be irrevocable. But on a case-by-case basis, they can always learn... to understand.

When society sees those that have been judged so harshly fighting so hard, making such sacrifice to save them... when they realize that they owe their lives to those they had wished death upon... when those that have been so thoroughly vilified become heroes...

You are right.

Fear comes from that which we know not.

Fear of the dark is born of knowing not what lies therein.

Thus, if the darkness holds nothing, then there is nothing to fear.

But it does...

We are the darkness!

You speak of understanding the darkness. You speak of taming the darkness.

Understand this: The darkness is no pet. It does only one thing:

It consumes.

The day will come when your strength will fail you, and the very forces you seek to make a tool, will turn upon you and DEVOUR you.

Fear the dark, for the dark is coming for you...

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
You are right.

Fear comes from that which we know not.

Fear of the dark is born of knowing not what lies therein.

Thus, if the darkness holds nothing, then there is nothing to fear.

But it does...

We are the darkness!

You speak of understanding the darkness. You speak of taming the darkness.

Understand this: The darkness is no pet. It does only one thing:

It consumes.

The day will come when your strength will fail you, and the very forces you seek to make a tool, will turn upon you and DEVOUR you.

Fear the dark, for the dark is coming for you...
Sad. Truly sad.

Because whether you know it or not, whether you want it or not... I'm fighting for you too. We're not just trying to save our own kind but yours as well, and even many of those that you worship. The stated endgoal of the Dark Side is not to destroy but to unite.

I shan't live in fear, no matter what you put before me. I know all the horror stories about your Devourer, and the champions that fight for your side. I have every confidence they will fail in their mission, be it by our role model's hoof or any of the others. Personally, I've already started thinking about what happens after that... once they fall, where do you think that leaves you?

Surely you know that everyone else would either slay or banish the predators and all those who follow them without a second thought. I'm sure you're too far gone to understand this, but we are the only reason you even have a prayer.

I promise that one day you will find yourself quite appreciative of the mercy we offer... assuming you survive to see it.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
(Rushes in) Honorable Battle Brothers, I need help! Please give me your opinion on thi... (realizes no one is here)... Well this place is a lot more empty than I remember it to be... Well, no matter. Blue, take a message.
BLUE!? BLUE!? My name is BLDCLW TH§ ¿AV§GE?, and you dare call me BLUE?
Well, whatever Blue, just take the message, and bring me their response post-haste, okay?
You littl... Fine, what is it?
The council is calling for a vote to allow an invasion of the Giraffe nation by the Hunters in order to support Cattlekind, I need to know where darkness stands on this matter... Also make sure to note that the Giraffes have declined all previous attempts to peacefully resolve the situation.
Wait, you not only want me to tolerate your petty politics among prey, but you want me to PARTICIPATE IN IT!? I swear that I'll find a way to return the favor... somehow. If only I was still whole, then I'd show all these fools, but for now, I am at your mercy.
Look, I know you don't like prey, but if you'd get to know them, you'd realize that some of them are as good as predators in every single way.
Just leave me be, I'll do your task.
Well, fine... (walks away)

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Hm... mhmm...

Oy. To think after all the threats and posturing, the first real bloodshed during these times comes from the gaffes of a tactless rabbit...

Hrm. The Cattlekind are generally a pretty tough race in their own right, the giraffes must be more dangerous than one would figure if they can't handle it on their own. I'm not convinced the Hunter forces would actually be up for this, obviously there aren't many ungulates that actually follow in their ideal, their numbers are quite small. And while they seem very... rabid, I'm not convinced many of them are as deadly as they'd like us to think...

...Which is to say, it'd probably thin them out even further...

Devious thinking I know, but it's the truth. I'll sign off on it. Let them try what they will, I doubt they'd actually serve as much more than a diversion anyway. And perhaps that's all the Cattlekind really need to settle this.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Hm... mhmm...

Oy. To think after all the threats and posturing, the first real bloodshed during these times comes from the gaffes of a tactless rabbit...

Hrm. The Cattlekind are generally a pretty tough race in their own right, the giraffes must be more dangerous than one would figure if they can't handle it on their own. I'm not convinced the Hunter forces would actually be up for this, obviously there aren't many ungulates that actually follow in their ideal, their numbers are quite small. And while they seem very... rabid, I'm not convinced many of them are as deadly as they'd like us to think...

...Which is to say, it'd probably thin them out even further...

Devious thinking I know, but it's the truth. I'll sign off on it. Let them try what they will, I doubt they'd actually serve as much more than a diversion anyway. And perhaps that's all the Cattlekind really need to settle this.
If that's your answer You filthy prey then I will report back to my master that you wish to throw the forces of the hunters at the Giraffes. This is a battle I actually wish to see, for I believe you underestimate the flocks of the hold, which have joined forces with these "hunters". Farewell, leader of the preys of darkness... (fades away)

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Fellow Soldiers of Shadow! I come to you to ask that we participate in a plan that could wildly diminish the hunters' numbers WITHOUT sacrificing the Giraffe, possibly even ending their pointless war! The bear of the patrol has suggested a plan where we'll press the hunters between the might of the Cattle army and the Giraffe army, with us and the....*sigh* Velveetias flanking the sides. I know this plan is risky, but we are the practitioners of darkness are we not? Risk comes with the hobby.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Dark Side, (Feels weird calling you guys that. How about "Army of Shadows?") I come to you in Foenum's hour of need. I have a LOT of information, but here's the cliffnotes version. *Inhale*
1. Hawthornbunny was elected rep of Ariz-totzka and kicked off an interspecies war with the giraffes.
2. The Council tried and tried and tried to get them to surrender, but nothing ever became of it.
3. Tensions rose and we became desperate, their was a vote and, basically, the Predators are allowed to hunt the giraffes as long as they don't turn on us.
4. I've hatched a plan that MIGHT work, but it's still wonky at BEST.
And finally, I've come to you in the name of all that is good in Foenum, asking, no BEGGING you to lend your strength so that we may succeed in our efforts to end this worthless struggle. Please, I ask you to help your fellow ungulates, to not only stop a war, but to stop the slaughter of brothers in hooves. Please...

(You can go to the last page of the United Foenum Council thread to see my full battle plan.)

Last edited:

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
I have kept tabs on this situation, and I understand your plan. I still feel the Hunter forces aren't capable enough to truly fight the giraffes in the first place, I'm not convinced the aid is all that necessary. But obviously many are afraid of them if we're talking about them this way. On a... political level, it makes sense, using this to ease their tensions.

Ugh. Politics, that's a demon even I'd rather be without... but I digress; consider the Soldiers of Shadow a part of your side for this mission.

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
I shall join this mission, but be wary my allies, Tzng tend to go a bit overboard with the flamethrower spell.

Ambers spark in the billowing smoke as the jaw of the demonic longma's skull move in a eerily silent chuckle. Finally, a chance to unleash the powers of the inferno.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
I have kept tabs on this situation, and I understand your plan. I still feel the Hunter forces aren't capable enough to truly fight the giraffes in the first place, I'm not convinced the aid is all that necessary. But obviously many are afraid of them if we're talking about them this way. On a... political level, it makes sense, using this to ease their tensions.

Ugh. Politics, that's a demon even I'd rather be without... but I digress; consider the Soldiers of Shadow a part of your side for this mission.
Then let us prepare for the upcoming battle... I do not know if i should tell Blue though... she may seek to betray us in this matter... then again, I do not have the ability to use this wretched book WITHOUT her... So I suppose I'll have to tell her about this eventually...

Last edited:

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas

Thank you your dark magnificence. Your aid is a welcome spin in this turn of events.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council

Indoctrination.

OOC: I just wanted to say that this is basically my favorite speech ever, it even beats out Redeye's speeches for me, and that is no easy task.