[FactionRP] The Dark Side [Oleander]

Terodeness

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Czech Republic
We of the Empire say nay to your darkened ways! Repent, you fools, or face the fire of Honored Mother and the hooves of Honored Father!
While the strength of your soldiers is admirable, your ways are arcane and your numbers small. And with all your experience, you've never faced a foe like us. You will be overwhelmed by the dark, your flame shall flicker out. I suggest you fly away before we do something we regret...

And I see that in my sleep, my renegade army has grown... come, allies. Let us do dark things... like tea parties! Tea parties with the lights off! [/edgy]
Let this maniac's fall be a lesson to those who would dabble with evil. Ye minions of Darkness tread a thin line, and have here a warning of that which awaits down your path. Velvetia watches.
Hahahahahaha! As you fight with each other, they prowl.
Prey upon a weak!

Last edited:

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Its not wise to make enemies of everyone.
I agree, which is why unlike these other predators, I am suggesting an alliance with your group. After all, if we were to align our interests, we could finally Hunt Down and 'bring justice' upon those who have shunned us for so long, either because of who we are, or who we choose to be.

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
I agree, which is why unlike these other predators, I am suggesting an alliance with your group. After all, if we were to align our interests, we could finally Hunt Down and 'bring justice' upon those who have shunned us for so long, either because of who we are, or who we choose to be.
Ahahahahahaha- no. No, our goal first and foremost is to make sure the predators never roam this land again. Somehow I think this conflicts with your interests.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Ahahahahahaha- no. No, our goal first and foremost is to make sure the predators never roam this land again. Somehow I think this conflicts with your interests.
You can't blame me for trying to get you to see, how should I put this? The light. No matter, this simply means that when we do cross through, we know who to DEVOUR first. Blessed be the packmates who first march through, with honor on their backs and BLOODLUST in their eyes. See you soon, prey of the darkness. Maybe once we've weeded out you and your kind, the rest of the ungulates will see our might and bow down to us, and we can finally live in peace. They may even see us as heroes, smashing down the darkness that threatens to consume us all, predator and prey alike.

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Just a bit ago realized we never had an icon for our avatars. Which most haven't yet but it's a cool thought.

Figure this oughta be sufficient:

And here's some other sizes depending on what size avi you use:

FEAR MY AVATAR'S DOUBLE BOOK FURY!

Reactions: Muro

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
...I guess this would be fun. Count me in. I hope I can have fun with everyone!
mpc-2014-03-25-19-01-38-96-1038x576.jpg

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
Just a bit ago realized we never had an icon for our avatars. Which most haven't yet but it's a cool thought.

*update his avatar* Praise the darkness

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council

I'd do so, but I don't think you want a Predator associating himself with your "darkside". I actually do have a certain respect for the seeker known as Oleander, after all, "Sometimes in order to do what is right, one must become the villain of the piece". Ironically the quote is from a unicorn who decided that dark magic was too far and tried to destroy the book she almost gave in to, but I think that it's the thought that counts... Though she may have been quoting someone else herself.

Last edited:

CrpCrwls

Feb 6, 2016
Well our whole purpose is to use something assumed to be evil for good, we wouldn't want to be associated with and unrepenting predator adorator... now if a predator tamed his hunger and kept his dark desires in check, such as the dogs of our wooly allies did, that would be a different story. But surely such a beast wouldn't want to be associated with the foaming-at-mouth cultists of the hunger who call themselves Hunters.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Well our whole purpose is to use something assumed to be evil for good, we wouldn't want to be associated with and unrepenting predator adorator... now if a predator tamed his hunger and kept his dark desires in check, such as the dogs of our wooly allies did, that would be a different story. But surely such a beast wouldn't want to be associated with the foaming-at-mouth cultists of the hunger who call themselves Hunters.
There is strength in the pack, so it would have been unwise to throw myself against the Hunters, as I'd have been shunned by the ungulates and an enemy to a majority of the hold, including the Devourer... and I'm unsure if any of us has what it takes to defeat him alone... I have a rather personal experience with him to prove it. Wait, did you just say that dogs exist outside the hold!?

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
Let's see...
- I'm not much for forum-based roleplay.
- Nor am I particularly a faction/clan person.
- I can't be sure who I'll main and I likely won't know until the game is here.

However,
+ So far out of all chars, the Oleander-Fhtgn duo speaks to me the most personality- and theme-wise.
+ Had this as my desktop wallpaper for a couple months now. [credit where credit is due]
+ Darkness > light ; night > day ; black > white ; etc.

So yeah, we'll see what the future brings, but for now I'll be setting camp on the outskirts of this fine place.

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Muro, you are most welcome into our fold~

And as for you, er... Mighty Alicorn Hunter, am I to understand you're giving serious thought to switching sides? To combat the carnivorous ways of the Predators?

While I must admit that your past and even name give me pause, it is the way of the Dark Side to not judge one on how they're born. If you sincerely wish to defy the Devourer, well... we can give you a chance.

And if you're uncertain... well I shan't force you to do anything. Having a choice, is the true ideal of our group and you have yours. Whether it puts us at odds later or not you are free to make it. I can, however tell you this; I have every confidence that the Predators will fail in their mission. If not us with our dark magic, someone will put an end to their desires, of that I am assured.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Muro, you are most welcome into our fold~

And as for you, er... Mighty Alicorn Hunter, am I to understand you're giving serious thought to switching sides? To combat the carnivorous ways of the Predators?

While I must admit that your past and even name give me pause, it is the way of the Dark Side to not judge one on how they're born. If you sincerely wish to defy the Devourer, well... we can give you a chance.

And if you're uncertain... well I shan't force you to do anything. Having a choice, is the true ideal of our group and you have yours. Whether it puts us at odds later or not you are free to make it. I can, however tell you this; I have every confidence that the Predators will fail in their mission. If not us with our dark magic, someone will put an end to their desires, of that I am assured.
To combat my carnivorous ways would be like an ungulate combating their hunger for the plants, it would just lead to starvation. However, I did look into these "sheepdog pups" and found out how they have survived, and believe that I can at least attempt to go down the same path. As for the Devourer, I don't believe that stopping him requires locking the rest of the predators away, there has to be another way besides the hold. Many predators are afraid of what he can and has done in the past... Why do you think they'd call him the "Devourer"? You know, one thing that you probably didn't know is that most predators have grown to fear the ungulates because of what happened. Most figure that something powerful enough to lock us into the hold must have grown so much more powerful from how long it's been. I however know that most ungulates have grown weaker from the isolation from dangers, which is perhaps not a bad thing, just a risk. To cut things short, I do vow my loyalty to Oleander, promising to stalk and hunt from the shadows in her name, but hope that the key isn't used to permanently lock away my people.

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
To combat my carnivorous ways would be like an ungulate combating their hunger for the plants, it would just lead to starvation. However, I did look into these "sheepdog pups" and found out how they have survived, and believe that I can at least attempt to go down the same path. As for the Devourer, I don't believe that stopping him requires locking the rest of the predators away, there has to be another way besides the hold. Many predators are afraid of what he can and has done in the past... Why do you think they'd call him the "Devourer"? You know, one thing that you probably didn't know is that most predators have grown to fear the ungulates because of what happened. Most figure that something powerful enough to lock us into the hold must have grown so much more powerful from how long it's been, but I know that most have grown weaker from the isolation from dangers, which is perhaps not a bad thing, just a risk. To cut things short, I do vow my loyalty to Oleander, promising to stalk and hunt from the shadows in her name, but hope that the key isn't used to permanently lock away my people.
It is... a complicated situation before us. It would be wonderful to just coexist, but difficult to ask one fight their own biology... it's one thing for some to limit themselves to the rodents of our land, but an entire population...? It just seems unsustainable.

But perhaps... the only reason those before us couldn't find a better solution, is because they were afraid to look for one... afraid to look into dark magic. The abilities it has shown us so far, they seem infinite. I had never given it thought before but maybe, amongst the thousands of spells, lies something that can change this... perhaps one to allow your kind to eat plants. Maybe a spell to create a different food source? Or even make it so that they don't need to eat to survive at all...

...We will see what we can do.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
It is... a complicated situation before us. It would be wonderful to just coexist, but difficult to ask one fight their own biology... it's one thing for some to limit themselves to the rodents of our land, but an entire population...? It just seems unsustainable.

But perhaps... the only reason those before us couldn't find a better solution, is because they were afraid to look for one... afraid to look into dark magic. The abilities it has shown us so far, they seem infinite. I had never given it thought before but maybe, amongst the thousands of spells, lies something that can change this... perhaps one to allow your kind to eat plants. Maybe a spell to create a different food source? Or even make it so that they don't need to eat to survive at all...

For me to ask more than that would be unreasonable. You have my word that no matter the opponent, I will help the side of darkness however I can, so that we may one day see a brighter future.

ilvos01

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 12, 2016
In the shadow's shadow we see true light.
Count me in on this dark side business.

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
If someone wants to add Oleander's book to their forum avatar but doesn't know how to do it - feel free to PM me, I can give it a go and prepare something for you.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth

Hah! Now this is amusing, if not surprising. The Daemon-consorter and the Predator-worshipper in league. You do realize this creature had already turned coats more readily than a chameleon? What do you expect to happen if the Hold is opened? It only goes to show the ways your kind blind themselves with Darkness.
All the better, though! Together means less tiresome trekking for the Queen of Righteousness to stomp you out.

CrpCrwls

Feb 6, 2016
You do realize this creature had already turned coats more readily than a chameleon? What do you expect to happen if the Hold is opened? It only goes to show the ways your kind blind themselves with Darkness.
Everybody deserve a second chance, we are capable of giving one, we are capable of mercy, are you O warrior of the light?

Do not forget that light can blind just as well as the dark. Good intention used blindly can do as much damage as someone else evil plan. See farther than the present conflict, think long term.

We are ready to forgive and give someone another try but we are no fools, we'll be vigilant and if we are betrayed our revenge will be thousandfold. Good is nice, not stupid.

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Hah! Now this is amusing, if not surprising. The Daemon-consorter and the Predator-worshipper in league. You do realize this creature had already turned coats more readily than a chameleon? What do you expect to happen if the Hold is opened? It only goes to show the ways your kind blind themselves with Darkness.
All the better, though! Together means less tiresome trekking for the Queen of Righteousness to stomp you out.
We very much expected this reaction from you. If we feared your judgement, this faction would never have come into existence in the first place.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
We very much expected this reaction from you. If we feared your judgement, this faction would never have come into existence in the first place.
Ahhh, and that has been your mistake from the start. Play with fire and soon enough, you WILL find yourself burned. Does this make the one who would withdraw his hoof from the flame craven, or foresighted? There are things in this world that you would be WISE to fear, Daemon-slave. It is a lesson you will learn, whether it be at the claws of your 'pets', the fangs of the Predators, or the mercy of our Winter.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Everybody deserve a second chance, we are capable of giving one, we are capable of mercy, are you O warrior of the light?

Do not forget that light can blind just as well as the dark. Good intention used blindly can do as much damage as someone else evil plan. See farther than the present conflict, think long term.

We are ready to forgive and give someone another try but we are no fools, we'll be vigilant and if we are betrayed our revenge will be thousandfold. Good is nice, not stupid.
Will you wreak this vengeance before or after the Predators are through feasting on the cold corpse of Foenum? Perhaps you will unleash your Daemon that they can join the squabble over our remains? You play with things you cannot understand, let alone hope to control. Worse, you place all of Foenum at the mercy of your fool-hearty arrogance.

We do not don the self-serving blindfold of Darkness, nor do we bow to the Light. Our mercy is the mercy of Winter, which cleanses the land to make way for new life. After all, as our deer Velvet would say, 'One cannot make a sculpture, vizout needs chipping a few hooves!'

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Will you wreak this vengeance before or after the Predators are through feasting on the cold corpse of Foenum? Perhaps you will unleash your Daemon that they can join the squabble over our remains? You play with things you cannot understand, let alone hope to control. Worse, you place all of Foenum at the mercy of your fool-hearty arrogance.

We do not don the self-serving blindfold of Darkness, nor do we bow to the Light. Our mercy is the mercy of Winter, which cleanses the land to make way for new life. After all, as our deer Velvet would say, 'One cannot make a sculpture, vizout needs chipping a few hooves!'
Clearly you have long since made your choice and that is perfectly fine. But you will not succeed in forcing it upon anyone here. We shan't conform to your icy ways, nor any other ideal the masses would have shoved down our throats. By now you should be well aware of this.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Ahhh, and that has been your mistake from the start. Play with fire and soon enough, you WILL find yourself burned. Does this make the one who would withdraw his hoof from the flame craven, or foresighted? There are things in this world that you would be WISE to fear, Daemon-slave. It is a lesson you will learn, whether it be at the claws of your 'pets', the fangs of the Predators, or the mercy of our Winter.
You should be glad then, for if the powers of darkness come at a price, it will be us who pay the price necessary to save your precious "Foenum" from the Devourer. I will admit that I've been quick to anger in the past, but that was because of a complete denial of an alliance between predators and prey... something which I now know has more to do with my previous allegiance with the Hunters than it had to do with the fact that I myself was a predator (at least among these reasonable practitioners of dark magic). You have to realize that all of your plans just drive death back, delaying it and prolonging the inevitable confrontation between the ungulates and the predators, while our plan if successful would completely end the predator threat to the world. So continue to live in ignorance, those who refuse to will save your precious kingdoms when you need it most, even if you continue to shun them.

Last edited:

Silver Lining

Dwarf casts Fireball! *throws gunpowder barrel*
Backers' Beta Tester
Only a fool would accept one side of the coin and reject the other for the sake of such a fragile concept as safety. To oppose that which is the other half of your existence is to divide your strength for the sake of pride.

CrpCrwls

Feb 6, 2016
Play with fire and soon enough, you WILL find yourself burned.
So? Play with snow without caution and soon enough you'll get frostbite. We are aware of the risk we are taking, do not forget the ones you face. You and your kind might be mighty but you are using your borrowed powers to tangle with all the strenght of the unforgiving winter, do you really believe an misstep will have no consequences when you are wielding such power?

We do not don the self-serving blindfold of Darkness, nor do we bow to the Light. Our mercy is the mercy of Winter
Ha! But ice reflect light, and many careless creatures have been blinded by the shine of snow. You claim to be the mercy of Winter, cleansing the land for the Spring, and yet you would deny the importance of the Night, of the very Shadow cast by Light. There are many who would call the Winter evil for it's harshness, but we know better, it is an important part of the world, it is part of the Balance. Just like Darkness is the counterweight of Light. One cannot eradicate the Dark, just as one cannot fight against the Winter. We do not deny the importance of light, as you do not deny the cycle of the seasons. If you fear that we are fanatical worshippers of evil magic then your concern is misplaced. We do not seek the end of Light, nor do we wish for Darkness to reign, we just strive to bring balance between the two.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
If you fear that we are fanatical worshippers of evil magic then your concern is misplaced. We do not seek the end of Light, nor do we wish for Darkness to reign, we just strive to bring balance between the two.
Noble words, but you paint only half a picture. Tell me, do your Daemon benefactors share your heart-warming goals?

You should be glad then, for if the powers of darkness come at a price, it will be us who pay the price necessary to save your precious "Foenum" from the Devourer.
Will it? Or shall all of Foenum reap the harvest you presume to sow?

Clearly you have long since made your choice and that is perfectly fine. But you will not succeed in forcing it upon anyone here. We shan't conform to your icy ways, nor any other ideal the masses would have shoved down our throats. By now you should be well aware of this.
It irks to admit, but you are right. I have wasted my time here. The only place for this matter to be settled now is upon the battlefield. Only remember this, as the icy winds sing the song of your end - You were given a choice.

Terodeness

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Czech Republic
To combat my carnivorous ways would be like an ungulate combating their hunger for the plants, it would just lead to starvation. However, I did look into these "sheepdog pups" and found out how they have survived, and believe that I can at least attempt to go down the same path. As for the Devourer, I don't believe that stopping him requires locking the rest of the predators away, there has to be another way besides the hold. Many predators are afraid of what he can and has done in the past... Why do you think they'd call him the "Devourer"? You know, one thing that you probably didn't know is that most predators have grown to fear the ungulates because of what happened. Most figure that something powerful enough to lock us into the hold must have grown so much more powerful from how long it's been. I however know that most ungulates have grown weaker from the isolation from dangers, which is perhaps not a bad thing, just a risk. To cut things short, I do vow my loyalty to Oleander, promising to stalk and hunt from the shadows in her name, but hope that the key isn't used to permanently lock away my people.
I had my dobuts about you, but betraying predators? Our masters, your own blood? Your brothers and sisters trapped under a spell, starving, suffering. While you are free to roam and feel the thrill of the hunt? Willingly becoming pet a weak, leashed tame animal? Denying the rules of nature? Refusing the way of you kind?
Remember the longer you will struggle with your true nature, the more hunger will feast upon your strenght. And when Masters come, to your weak famished body, the fate worse than death awaits you.

OOC: Yep that cosplay looks wonderfull.

Last edited:

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
I had my dobuts about you, but betraying predators? Our masters, your own blood? Your brothers and sisters trapped under a spell, starving, suffering. While you are free to roam and feel the thrill of the hunt? Willingly becoming pet a weak, leashed tame animal? Denying the rules of nature? Refusing the way of you kind?
Remember the longer you will struggle with your true nature, the more hunger will feast upon your strenght. And when Masters come, to your weak famished body, the fate worse than death awaits you.

OOC: Yep that cosplay looks wonderfull.
That exactly what I am trying to avoid you foolish ungulate. As you fools bicker over whether predators should be banished or ungulates should be slaves, I am trying to find a way that neither will need to happen. Your loyalty to the Devourer has blinded you to what a predator actually is. We are not some incredibly sadistic race of monsters which hunt intelligent creatures for fun, we are but creatures who hunt anything we can find for sustenance. Hunger can be held back with the carcasses of creatures that aren't ungulates... and besides, I didn't say that I wouldn't consume those who fall to me in battle. Care to be the first among that list, prey?