[FactionRP] The Dark Side [Oleander]

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
OOC: I just wanted to say that this is basically my favorite speech ever, it even beats out Redeye's speeches for me, and that is no easy task.
OOC: Heheh thanks~ It was kind of a basic idea of mine that I was gonna occasionally post stuff like that here, to further the ideals of what the Dark Side stands for. I only have one other idea for it as of right now though and I'm not sure it's as good...

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Can I join your faction, my OC's story is on the third page near the bottom The TFHs Original Character Thread
*sees Fluffy walk in* Ooh, I've never seen you before, you appear to be one of those dreadful deer, but you appear to bare the mark of darkness... *realizes you might be afraid of his predatorness* err...don't panic, I am a member of this fine establishment and would never hurt a potential member... now as I was saying, you probably wish to join, do you not? Even though our great leader is not here right now, I'm sure he'll be open to accepting you...I mean he did accept me after all. So I suppose you should just wait for him to give the okay, but I'll preemptively say, welcome to the Darkside my friend.

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
When Fluffy went in see sees Might Alicorn Hunter and immediately charges lifting out knives only to be eruptible pulled to the ground by the necklace that ZMPTM is in as the demon appears out of it.

ZMPTM: No we go over this every time no killing people first thing.
Fluffy:(pouting)ahhh but I wanaa
ZMPTM then continues to apologies to Mighty Alicorn Hunter and thanks TheOneZeelOne for letting them join and promises he will make shure Fluffy will not try to kill them in there sleep (in a too normal this happens all the time tone). :)

Last edited:

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
When Fluffy went in see sees Might Alicorn Hunter and immediately charges lifting out knives only to be eruptible pulled to the ground by the necklace that ZMPTM is in as the demon appears out of it.

ZMPTM: No we go over this every time no killing people first thing.
Fluffy:(pouting)ahhh but I wanaa
ZMPTM then continues to apologies to Mighty Alicorn Hunter and thanks TheOneZeelOne for letting them join and promises he will make shure Fluffy will not try to kill them in there sleep (in a too normal this happens all the time tone). :)
*Waits till they walk away, then turns to Zeel and sighs*... Do the deer just have to embody ALL the traits I utterly hate? At least on the bright side that demon is the complete opposite, and appears to be in control, but still.

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
*Waits till they walk away, then turns to Zeel and sighs*... Do the deer just have to embody ALL the traits I utterly hate? At least on the bright side that demon is the complete opposite, and appears to be in control, but still.
Well, this one seems a bit of a far cry from the stereotypes... as for others you've seen, understand that it is in some ways how they're raised in Rein. Certainly all of them are used to being doted on, served whatever they ask by their sprites. It's all practically designed to make them feel superior. It can be, a chore, breaking away from the norms of such an atmosphere, even among those that want to. I'd know, I used to live amongst the Sheeple. Heh...

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Well, this one seems a bit of a far cry from the stereotypes... as for others you've seen, understand that it is in some ways how they're raised in Rein. Certainly all of them are used to being doted on, served whatever they ask by their sprites. It's all practically designed to make them feel superior. It can be, a chore, breaking away from the norms of such an atmosphere, even among those that want to. I'd know, I used to live amongst the Sheeple. Heh...
*Raises one eyebrow* Now THAT'S a story I'd like to hear...

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
*Raises one eyebrow* Now THAT'S a story I'd like to hear...
Well there's really not a story to it... I'm one of them, I was born there.

Not to paint too broad a brush, I'm the last that should do such a thing, but you understand what the perception - and far too often the reality - is of the Sheeple. The... utter lack of free thought, the pure herd mentality. Just going along with whoever speaks first without a second thought.

I... was one of them before. Afraid of the dark, because everyone else was. Looking back on it now, it's just...

*Ahem* Maybe now's not the time...

OOC: Right, I was always pretty vague about this because from the outset I hadn't really imagined it as a pure RP or that I was so much even being an OC, so much as I was just kinda playing up the general themes I imagine an Oleander-inspired group would have. So I never really said anything about my character's race or whatever, but I have given it some thought before and I recently confirmed some stuff to OCisbestungulate for use in his fic, so I figure I might as well start working it in a little. But yeah, so he's a mountain ram, big curved horns and such. I picked that as I felt it fit the general demonic motif, as well as kinda makes him look like Fred which I guess is apropos. And the more I think about it, the more it really suits one of his biggest themes in not judging off of preconceptions and stereotypes.

Fur started out white but naturally it darkened, though he still has white streaks. And I wanna say fushia eyes 'cause why not.

And as implied before... his demon is a human, though it's never flatout said. Mostly exists for tongue-in-cheek jokes and allusions. He's basically just a red empty silhouette and his name is Hominid.

Still kinda making stuff up as I go with his story and whatnot so I'd rather not establish too much without thinking about it. But you can imagine, going from being one of the many of the flock of Sheeple that are terrified to make their own choices and just go along with what society picks for them, to starting up a group of outcasts dedicated to proving the good in what society must shuns was most likely quite the transformation... suffice to say, young Zeel and current oldish Zeel are quuuuuite different.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCisbestungulate

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Indeed, indeed, the Dark Side is open to all. You are very much welcomed into our shadowy temple~

Welcome to all you say?

Well there's really not a story to it... I'm one of them, I was born there.

Not to paint too broad a brush, I'm the last that should do such a thing, but you understand what the perception - and far too often the reality - is of the Sheeple. The... utter lack of free thought, the pure herd mentality. Just going along with whoever speaks first without a second thought.

I... was one of them before. Afraid of the dark, because everyone else was. Looking back on it now, it's just...

*Ahem* Maybe now's not the time...

OOC: Right, I was always pretty vague about this because from the outset I hadn't really imagined it as a pure RP or that I was so much even being an OC, so much as I was just kinda playing up the general themes I imagine an Oleander-inspired group would have. So I never really said anything about my character's race or whatever, but I have given it some thought before and I recently confirmed some stuff to OCisbestungulate for use in his fic, so I figure I might as well start working it in a little. But yeah, so he's a mountain ram, big curved horns and such. I picked that as I felt it fit the general demonic motif, as well as kinda makes him look like Fred which I guess is apropos. And the more I think about it, the more it really suits one of his biggest themes in not judging off of preconceptions and stereotypes.

Fur started out white but naturally it darkened, though he still has white streaks. And I wanna say fushia eyes 'cause why not.

And as implied before... his demon is a human, though it's never flatout said. Mostly exists for tongue-in-cheek jokes and allusions. He's basically just a red empty silhouette and his name is Hominid.

Still kinda making stuff up as I go with his story and whatnot so I'd rather not establish too much without thinking about it. But you can imagine, going from being one of the many of the flock of Sheeple that are terrified to make their own choices and just go along with what society picks for them, to starting up a group of outcasts dedicated to proving the good in what society must shuns was most likely quite the transformation... suffice to say, young Zeel and current oldish Zeel are quuuuuite different.
OOC: Well, when you're ready, there's a lovely thread to put your story. ;)

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
You know, I had never thought of it that way, I'll keep that in mind the next time I am threatened by their ambassador. I will try to forgive the deerfolk for being so belligerently hostile on every occasion I have met them, even that one a little while ago... Speaking of which, are you sure that wasn't a hunter? I heard that they did take in a deer a few weeks ago...

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Fluffy walks up to Mighty Alicorn Hunter with her head down looking like she is being forced to do something.
Fluffy: Hello sorry for try to murder you umm if there is anything I can.
*suddenly Fluffy's face brightens up as she turns around and opens a rift and searches around in it finally pulling out a unicorn's horn*
Fluffy: Here I got this when some unicorns tried to kill me, *starts smiling creepily and chuckles at the memories*, man what a mistake that was.*as Fluffy hands over the horn that seemed smoothly cut from the skull*

Reactions: 0Zero100

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Fluffy walks up to Mighty Alicorn Hunter with her head down looking like she is being forced to do something.
Fluffy: Hello sorry for try to murder you umm if there is anything I can.
*suddenly Fluffy's face brightens up as she turns around and opens a rift and searches around in it finally pulling out a unicorn's horn*
Fluffy: Here I got this when some unicorns tried to kill me, *starts smiling creepily and chuckles at the memories*, man what a mistake that was.*as Fluffy hands over the horn that seemed smoothly cut from the skull*
I have a feeling that they had a reason for attacking you.... but never the less, I accept your most gracious gift, for I believe that you can learn that there is a time and place for death. Thank you.

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Yes yes Death DEA *looks into the still open rift* ohh I found my ball. I love my ball.
ZMPTM:*sigh* closes rift as Fluffy runs around like a child with a red ball

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
Oh god what retarded forum drama did I miss. o_O

Also Oli is best senpai.
So I'll just scoot into here.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Scoot away my friend, into the Soldiers of Shadow~

OOC: I don't actually know what you're talking about
OOC: Were I to guess, it would probably be the formation of the council and the ensuing bake off, or maybe even the existence of factions in the first place. Could be wrong though.

The Yaski

Acting representative of the Empire of Tianhuo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
You are much obliged into our ever-growing ranks~
-looks at the 21 name long member list-
-looks at own faction's list of 3 names-
I think my army needs a recruitment drive.

Lunamann

Rookie Dark Magick Wielder
Apr 25, 2016
Tennessee
A cold mist enters the room as a rather dark-looking reindeer steps in.
I don't mean to intrude, but would you all happen to have room for another member? My daemon tells me your cookies are devilishly divine...

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
A cold mist enters the room as a rather dark-looking reindeer steps in.
I don't mean to intrude, but would you all happen to have room for another member? My daemon tells me your cookies are devilishly divine...
*a dark colored lynx steps out of the shadows* Huh, another deer? Remain calm, and please tell me you aren't snobbish OR criminally insane... it's sad that I have to include that last part, but you'd be surprised. Either way, you're welcome to the soldiers of shadow, and again I do hope you are one of the competent deer... if such a thing exists...

Lunamann

Apr 25, 2016
Tennessee
*a dark colored lynx steps out of the shadows* Huh, another deer? Remain calm, and please tell me you aren't snobbish OR criminally insane... it's sad that I have to include that last part, but you'd be surprised. Either way, you're welcome to the soldiers of shadow, and again I do hope you are one of the competent deer... if such a thing exists...
Snobbish? Insane?
The deer presses a hoof to his heart, as if a blade had slashed it open.
Ohh, you wound me, my dear. While I do take pride upon my appearance like the rest of my countrymen, I am no snob... or at least, I don't fancy myself one. And no, my mind is quite healthy-
Just then, a snappy yet a bit muffled voice eminates from the deer's satchel.
Oh, he's hopeless. You couldn't find a more crazy or vain deer in all of Foenum-
Quiet, Mann.
Can't a daemon poke a bit of fun, here?
The deer simply rolls his eyes at this.
Anyways, I thank you for accepting me into your order.

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Snobbish? Insane?
The deer presses a hoof to his heart, as if a blade had slashed it open.
Ohh, you wound me, my dear. While I do take pride upon my appearance like the rest of my countrymen, I am no snob... or at least, I don't fancy myself one. And no, my mind is quite healthy-
Just then, a snappy yet a bit muffled voice eminates from the deer's satchel.
Oh, he's hopeless. You couldn't find a more crazy or vain deer in all of Foenum-
Quiet, Mann.
Can't a daemon poke a bit of fun, here?
The deer simply rolls his eyes at this.
Anyways, I thank you for accepting me into your order.
Suddenly Fluffy jumps into the air knife raised yelling "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE",
and is then flung mid-air to the ground by Zack (just going to call my demon this from now on)
Zack: No No, we already went over this no killing the new members.
Fluffy: wines as she is puled away by her necklace.

Lunamann

Apr 25, 2016
Tennessee
I haven't been here in a while. So... hi I'm back.
Why, hello to you as well.

Suddenly Fluffy jumps into the air knife raised yelling "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE",
and is then flung mid-air to the ground by Zack (just going to call my demon this from now on)
Zack: No No, we already went over this no killing the new members.
Fluffy: wines as she is puled away by her necklace.
...I would suggest employing a modicum of self-control. It does not behoove a reindeer to be so... shudder... feral.
I didn't mean to ACTUALLY find one...

OOC EDIT: The IC views of Lunari and MHNNDH do not always reflect the OOC views of Lunamann. You do you.

Last edited:

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council

...I would suggest employing a modicum of self-control. It does not behoove a reindeer to be so... shudder... feral.

OOC EDIT: The IC views of Lunari and MHNNDH do not always reflect the OOC views of Lunamann. You do you.
And now you've seen that last part, I hope you understand my reason for including it in your introduction. Anyway, I do look forward to working with you, and will see you soon.

Lunamann

Apr 25, 2016
Tennessee
And now you've seen that last part, I hope you understand my reason for including it in your introduction. Anyway, I do look forward to working with you, and will see you soon.
Ah, I see. Do not worry, that one individual far from exemplifies the residents of Rein. I assure you, we are far more, ah... noble... than that.

This coming from the Reindeer who was kicked out because he had a bad leg, and made a pact with a demon.

Hush, Manny.

BypenThynDragon

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

Zack: its fine, I'm sure Fluffy will not kill you.
Fluffy: Zack can I give the reindeer a gift, I promise I won't poison it.
Zack: Ok Go ahead.
Fluffy YAY, reaches into pocket dimension and pulls out a bucket of golden oats and gives them to Lunari, Here you go, and walks backwards wide eyed not even blinking.
Zack: Don't worry she's always like this you get use to it, maybe, hopefully.

OOC:Its all good heck I'm fine and understand that other OC's won't particularly like mine, but it's apart of the character and all for fun.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Ah, I see. Do not worry, that one individual far from exemplifies the residents of Rein. I assure you, we are far more, ah... noble... than that.

This coming from the Reindeer who was kicked out because he had a bad leg, and made a pact with a demon.

Hush, Manny.
Demon problems? I have some...harsh experiences with that as well.... Also yes, I know what exemplifies the residents of Rein very well, they happen to hide their blood-thirst behind a cheap veil of nobility and snobbishness... *sigh* their leader and their ambassador are such individuals. Make sure your demon isn't against you, or you may find yourself in trouble when you least expect it.

Lunamann

Apr 25, 2016
Tennessee
Zack: its fine, I'm sure Fluffy will not kill you.
Fluffy: Zack can I give the reindeer a gift, I promise I won't poison it.
Zack: Ok Go ahead.
Fluffy YAY, reaches into pocket dimension and pulls out a bucket of golden oats and gives them to Lunari, Here you go, and walks backwards wide eyed not even blinking.
Zack: Don't worry she's always like this you get use to it, maybe, hopefully.

OOC:Its all good heck I'm fine and understand that other OC's won't particularly like mine, but it's apart of the character and all for fun.
The reindeer regards the golden oats for a bit, before scanning them with a magical spell to make sure the other reindeer (har) hadn't actually poisoned it. Satisfied that they were safe, he began to chow on the delicious, magical manna.

Demon problems? I have some...harsh experiences with that as well.... Also yes, I know what exemplifies the residents of Rein very well, they happen to hide their blood-thirst behind a cheap veil of nobility and snobbishness... *sigh* their leader and their ambassador are such individuals. Make sure your demon isn't against you, or you may find yourself in trouble when you least expect it.
Bloodthirst? Ehhh... I wouldn't call it that. My countrymen have hearts as cold as the permafrost they themselves tread on, as do those... those elves..., and they're rather ah, how do I put this... inflexible...

Not that you're any different.

Quiet you... but I doubt they'd go out of their way just for some combat. And as for Mann-

Yes, yes, and as for me, don't worry. I have Lunari's best interests at heart, unlike those pesky elves that were simply trying to use and control him. It's why I led him out of the tundra and over here, after all...

(OOC edit for family friendliness)

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
OOC: Hiya! Good to see some fresh faces around here. Always nice to have more people joining the ranks.
That said: I just want to offer a friendly reminder to keep our lovely RP more or less family-friendly.
That said: I'm not a mod, so I suppose it's not really my place to make any sort of commentary, so take said reminder as you will :)
Basically I'm just offering a kind reminder to avoid strong language. But, again, I'm not a mod, so do with what I've said as you will. Though, I do like the RP.

Lunamann

Apr 25, 2016
Tennessee
OOC: Hiya! Good to see some fresh faces around here. Always nice to have more people joining the ranks.
That said: I just want to offer a friendly reminder to keep our lovely RP more or less family-friendly.
That said: I'm not a mod, so I suppose it's not really my place to make any sort of commentary, so take said reminder as you will :)
Basically I'm just offering a kind reminder to avoid strong language. But, again, I'm not a mod, so do with what I've said as you will. Though, I do like the RP.
OOC: I forgot that for a bit, will edit to be more family friendly. Thanks.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
NNNNO!!! I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT! Words like "HAVE" and "A" and "NICE" and "DAY"! I MIGHT EVEN SAY THEM ALL IN ONE SENTENCE, YOU KNOW WHAT, I THINK I WILL.
HAVE A NICE DAY!

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
OOC: I forgot that for a bit, will edit to be more family friendly. Thanks.
OCC: No worries. :D
NNNNO!!! I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT! Words like "HAVE" and "A" and "NICE" and "DAY"! I MIGHT EVEN SAY THEM ALL IN ONE SENTENCE, YOU KNOW WHAT, I THINK I WILL.
HAVE A NICE DAY!
OOC: Y-you monster...

Reactions: BypenThynDragon