Officially unofficial m6 gaming night thread

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Hey guys!

Been talking with the other guys in the team, and we were thinking of trying a thing:

We've got two free nights a week (Thursdays and Sundays) in our development schedule (gotta keep that sanity relatively stable), and since we usually take at least one of them for some inhouse matches in a few multiplayer (PC) videogames, we thought it might be a cool thing to try to invite people from the TFH community to play with us.

So here we are.

Here's what we have in our playlist.
  • Awesomenauts
  • Dino D-Day
  • Killing Floor 1 & 2
  • King Arthur's Gold
  • Primal Carnage
  • Rocket League
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  • Starcraft 2
  • Team Fortress 2
  • Titanfall

We also try more "Sequential" (so to speak) games over multiple (or longer) sessions, but we'd like to focus more on the list above first. Still, for reference purposes:

• Don't Starve Together
  • Minecraft
  • Space Engineers
  • Terraria

And I personally play Guild Wars 2 and would like to get some people to fractal/raid with, but... maybe in another thread down the line.

So what do you say?, You guys up for a gaming night with/vs MANE6?

Edit: We're looking to have our first session on Sunday, February 7, at 9PM EST, with Team Fortress 2 and/or Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

Confirmed player list:

• Nappy (Mane6)
  • Anukan (Mane6)
  • Leedin (Mane6)
  • Pineapple (Mane6)
  • Girubev
  • linkster
  • Mr_Kenyon
  • Necroceine
  • Discord Sparkle
  • blue
  • Klint
  • NimbusArchon
  • Earlybird
  • Surrui
  • Nameless one
Semiconfirmed player list
  • Paper Shadow
  • CosmicDashie

Last edited by a moderator:

Patthecat

Oleander player~
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Southern California
Sounds like a good idea, would help build a stronger relationship with the community.

Also a good way to get people together! I'd be so down on most of these games.

Reactions: bibliogeek

SloppyJoe403

Also known as Soctavia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Iowa
Minecraft is the only game I have on those lists and I've never played on a big server but I'm in!

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
TF2 is free-to-play, so it's not that hard to get
Yes, but my internet is rather bad when it comes to downloads. They take forever. Online play is never actually a problem, I've yet to have a game that lags me out. But 50KB/s download speed is the pits.

SloppyJoe403

Also known as Soctavia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Iowa
Yes, but my internet is rather bad when it comes to downloads. They take forever. Online play is never actually a problem, I've yet to have a game that lags me out. But 50KB/s download speed is the pits.
Have it downloading overnight when you're not using the computer. When you wake up it'll either be done or (hopefully) almost done.

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Unfortunately, I tried that before with Metal Gear Rising and it took almost a month and that game is like half the size of TF2. I gotta plan a little trip to a friend's house for this. In the meantime, I'll do that so my friend doesn't glare too angrily at me while I abuse his net.

Edit: Huh, seems I'm full of it. The game isn't bigger than Metal Gear Rising as I originally though (it's actually a lot smaller). Mah bad, I'll have it sooner than I thought.

Last edited:

Girubev

Dr Pepper addict and forum lurker
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Iowa
I'd be up for some gaming nights. Perhaps a rotation could work to keep things fresh and get a wider group. Also, sanity is overrated. Talk to yourself as much as you like, just make sure you win the argument.

SloppyJoe403

Also known as Soctavia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Iowa
Well I'm downloading TF2 so maybe when I understand it more I can join you guys online someday!

heko

Professional Facebook Gamer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
California
I just traded away my TF2 items...
But KF2, TF2 and Minecraft sound awesome!

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
TF2? Minecraft? Sure, sure. Terraria? Aw yeah!

Could also always do one-off PvP maps in Terraria, but the search and/or set-up may not be worth it. >>;;

Can't wait to hear more about game-nights o:

Aardvark

Armadillo?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Awesomenauts? there's one I haven't played in a while. Happy to pick it up again though. Also, TF2 sounds like a great idea!

Not What We Expected

Fire Alpaca
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Manhattan, KS
If we were to play Don't Starve Together, I can guarantee someone is going to die and light the camp on fire as a ghost.

At the same time, I can't guarantee it won't be me.

Sir Zabblepants

It's not easy being cheesy
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Hey guys!
And I personally play Guild Wars 2 and would like to get some people to fractal/raid with, but... maybe in another thread down the line.
Oh, do tell. I've just started digging into Fractals, and I'm having a tonne of fun!

happyalm

Feb 3, 2016
Team Fortress 2 and Rocket League I'd be down for and maybe some All-Stars Racing too since I haven't played it for awhile

Suddenly Spiders

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I would definitely play some of these. Don't Starve Together is fun, and I have the Killing Floor games. Only difficulty might be latency for me since one of my roommates murders the internet with downloads sometimes.

NimbusArchon

Professional Lurker
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Absolutely. I've got TF2, Awesomenauts, Terraria, and I guess S&ASRT? Also I should probably buy Rocket League.

Is this happening tonight, by any chance?

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Don't think it'd be tonight. I think the other guys had plans already, but glad to see that there's interest building up.

Reactions: Blank

blue

a pick of the paka pack
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
I have most of those games, and this sounds really fun! So I'd definitely be in.

sparkirby90

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
It would be nice to be able to play some games with a good community! so im game.

gatorafan

HOLAS: (tm)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ship02: Ur
nightarks.enjin.com
Starcraft 2? Check!
All Stars Racing? Check!
TF2? Check!

Now I'd be all over getting bodied on these games (I play like a 12 years old sans the screaming... Maybe) but before confirming anything I'd really like to know what times are we planning to run this events (since my free time is rather limited and so are my sleep hours)

Nelson

#DormWifi
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Community HUB hype! Throwing snowballs and fighting friends. XD