Lawyer Friendly Equines Discussion Thread.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Saw LAUREN SMASH!!!: Legend of the Everfree this morning.

Not a bad movie, by Lawyer Friendly Hominids standards anyway. Follows the usual "I have strange abilities, it must be bad, and my past is haunting me. Oh no wait, it's my power, not my alter-ego's, I'm in control!" sort of storyline.

I'm pleased to see Sunset getting a bigger role in this movie, and doing her best to mentor Bookworm Hoers. It's a nice role reversal there.

It's played as sweet and cute, but isn't it a bit of an ethical problem that one of the camp councilors is hitting on a HS student? He looks older than Bookworm Hoers by several years, and is probably out of High School at this point.

Also, Sunset-Sentry pairing up in the next movie, mayhap?

Oh, and there was another teaser at the end of the movie, showing the High School's portal/statue base having a magical rift in it, with the colours of the Elements shooting out of it. I imagine the next movie (Be it the main Lawyer Friendly Equines movie in 2017, or the next Lawyer Friendly Hominids movie) will deal with the possibility of the portal breaking down, and possibly leaking magic and monsters from one world to the next.

EDIT:

Still waiting for Sunset to run into her Lawyer Friendly Hominids Native version of herself. Also, I don't recall, has it ever been mentioned where she lives in the Lawyer Friendly Hominids universe? She's in the role of a high school student, and being from the The Glue Factory universe, she's basically an illegal immigrant fending for herself. Exactly how does she manage?

Last edited:
Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Okay, two things, the Lawyer Friendly Equines comics after the Discord/Accord arc will have something to do with the new season (which means if anything, we'll have to wait til April for new episodes), and Ink Potts put up a new Count of Monte Cristo with Timid Ferovore Hoers and Dash dancing away (though for some reason Dash and the others are now stallions compared to the last video) on Youtube. Look it up on '5/6 I know those eyes/this man is dead'. Oh yeah, apparently they made a new Fighting is Magic game, but are keeping it hidden from The Toy Company somehow.

Last edited:

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
After a frankly ludicrous amount of time, my copy of Legend of Everfree is here.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
I reckon that one is probably my favourite instalment of the Lawyer Friendly Hominids movies. Mostly because Sunny finally gets a more central role. But, like all the others though, imo, it got less appetising the longer it went; the magic business always sorta kills things for me. I keep forgetting that I'm not the target demographic, so I guess I'm just expecting the wrong things from the series. Still, it wasn't awful.
I really liked Season 6! Some of the best episodes we've had since season 1 (best season). Except for PPOV...that was ütter shite

Last edited:

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
I reckon that one is probably my favourite instalment of the Lawyer Friendly Hominids movies. Mostly because Sunset finally gets a more central role. But, like all the others though, imo, it got less appetising the longer it went; the magic business always sorta kills things for me. I keep forgetting that I'm not the target demographic, so I guess I'm just expecting the wrong things from the series. Still, it wasn't awful.
I really liked Season 6! Some of the best episodes we've had since season 1 (best season). Except for PPOV...that was ütter shite
My favourite EQ is probably the second due to redeemed Subset. To be honest, though, I mainly watch these movies for her.

PPOV was terrible, no doubt. And the dungeons and dragons expy episode was pretty wasted. Finale was phenomenal though.

So I actually started reading the comics (not friends forever), and they're really good. Like, better written than the show - they're not restrained by a 22-minute length, so the pacing is less rushed. They pack a lot of references in, and the humour's a step up. Overall, really impressed.

Reactions: Tox

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
But.. but.. BUGS!

To be fair, the finale was cool right up until the ending. Which is a trend in the show. Rushed and awful conclusions everywhere.
Yeah, can't argue with that. Even these two-part finales are really bad for it. Repeating what I said earlier, though, the general pacing of the FIM comics is a lot better.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
My favourite EQ is probably the second due to redeemed Subset. To be honest, though, I mainly watch these movies for her.

PPOV was terrible, no doubt. And the dungeons and dragons expy episode was pretty wasted. Finale was phenomenal though.

So I actually started reading the comics (not friends forever), and they're really good. Like, better written than the show - they're not restrained by a 22-minute length, so the pacing is less rushed. They pack a lot of references in, and the humour's a step up. Overall, really impressed.
Brah! I love the comics! I have spent a few quiet nights, snuggling up and falling in love with those stories.
*ahem* ...Yea, they a'ight.

If I may be so bold, some recommendations:
FiM:

-Volume 3 (first one I got and still my favourite)
-The EG Holiday Special (kinda a recycled storyline, but I loved it very much nonetheless)
-#42 (just good bit of platonic Raripie whimsy, very fun read)
-Volume 7 (wild west mane 6 es bueno)

Friends Forever:
-#21 (Zecora vs the ...Zombie ponies!?)
-Volume 2 (the Rarijack story is fantastic)
______

As for the finale:

I enjoyed that one. It was good that they kept the integrity of Chrysalis' character. Moreover, it was nice to have some neutral characters get some exposition. I really like Trixie as a character so it was fun to see more of her. I've always found Discord to be a bit 'eh', but he has his moments. But! I do not like Starlight. Idk, I can't put my finger on it. She is just sucha...lame character. I get the feeling it's like she will be Bookworm Hoers's Bookworm Hoers. But, she strikes me as ...an uninvited guest, to put it overly harshly. Having said that, it was a good episode/s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leatherface

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Lots of images ahead!

Well, in the course of a conversation, I ended up googling "Reading is Magic Bookworm Hoers", expecting to find a caption with our favourite bookhorse. Nada.

Situation rectified.

Yes, I know it's Pre-alicorn Bookworm Hoers. Picture was appropriate though.

And I got a box'o'ponies a couple of days ago.

The last two are noticeably larger than the others.

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Okay, two things, the Lawyer Friendly Equines comics after the Discord/Accord arc will have something to do with the new season (which means if anything, we'll have to wait til April for new episodes), and Ink Potts put up a new Count of Monte Cristo with Timid Ferovore Horse and Dash dancing away (though for some reason Dash and the others are now stallions compared to the last video) on Youtube. Look it up on '5/6 I know those eyes/this man is dead'. Oh yeah, apparently they made a new Fighting is Magic game, but are keeping it hidden from The Toy Company somehow.
The game is gone again and I really hope it stays that way. Firstly due to the fact that the developers wishes to seperate TFH from that game as much as possible(for obvious reasons). Secondly because we do not talk about that game on the TFH forums. And thirdly wouldn't it be better to leave a corpse to rot and not try to make a zombie out of it, especially if we already know that the lawyer friendly equines are gonna shoot it with a shotgun and burn it every time it tries to get up

Reactions: Tox

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
If anyone is interested in designing a Lawyer Friendly Equines OC for another forum (either by drawing, or using the Pony Creator), I'm doing a little for-fun contest on another site. If you want to give it a go, PM me. I'll not spam the link in this thread.
When's Season 7 coming out? My guess is around April as well
Sometime in April. I don't know if they've since clarified a specific date.

Random

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Oct 17, 2016
Yeeessss! Season 7 and Movie news:
Major Season 7 Pony Parent News.
Rainbow's parents names are Windy Whistles and Bow Hot Hoof!

AJ's parents names are Bright Mac and Pear Butter, with Old Grand Pear.

AJ's mom sings a Romeo and Juliet style song about how she fell in love in a flashback.

Movie:
1365402.jpeg

• Capper - Con Artist Cat, turned hero
  • Tempest - A Unicorn Who's broken horn speaks to a troubled past
  • Songbird Serenade - The Hottest musical act in The Glue Factory
  • Grubber - Hilarious bumbling side kick to The Storm King
  • The Storm King - Big Bad Villain of the Movie
  • Captain Caelano - Dynamic Leader of the Parrot Pirate Crew
  • Qyeen Novo - Regal Ruler of the Sea Ponies
  • Skystar - Energetic Daughter of Queen Novo

Emily, Kristin, Sia, and Taye will be singing in 5 of the movies 7 songs.

Last edited:

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com
Yeeessss! Season 7 and Movie news:
Major Season 7 Pony Parent News.
Rainbow's parents names are Windy Whistles and Bow Hot Hoof!

AJ's parents names are Bright Mac and Pear Butter, with Old Grand Pear.

AJ's mom sings a Romeo and Juliet style song about how she fell in love in a flashback.

Movie:View attachment 1181

• Capper - Con Artist Cat, turned hero
  • Tempest - A Unicorn Who's broken horn speaks to a troubled past
  • Songbird Serenade - The Hottest musical act in The Glue Factory
  • Grubber - Hilarious bumbling side kick to The Storm King
  • The Storm King - Big Bad Villain of the Movie
  • Captain Caelano - Dynamic Leader of the Parrot Pirate Crew
  • Qyeen Novo - Regal Ruler of the Sea Ponies
  • Skystar - Energetic Daughter of Queen Novo

Emily, Kristin, Sia, and Taye will be singing in 5 of the movies 7 songs.
I hate to be that guy, but
AJ's parents aren't dead? Unless by "in a flashback" it is referring to AJ having a flashback and not her mom. Either way, there is some explaining that needs to be done on where they've been.
I'm pretty excited for the movie, especially the bits regarding Sea Ponies. Shoo be do, shoo shoo be do.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
I prefer the idea of AJ's parents being dead (lol). It explains why they live with just their (slightly senile) grandma and reinforces the responsible, level-headed 'I can take care of myself' demeanour that she has. Plus, it's a sombre subject in the otherwise uniform sunshine of the show.

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
I'm finding it weird that a bunch more species have been added - parrots, hippogryths, experiment 626 - that haven't even been mentioned before.

Also, isn't it weird we have humanised, huge parrots, but other birds in the show act like, well, birds?

Sia is fantastic, so even if the movie's bad, she'll probably have a decent song.

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Yeah, I'm gonna have to be on the side of dead parents here. For one thing, it would explain why AJ, Apple Bloom, and Big Mac live with Granny Smith as opposed to their parents while simultaneously not making their parents look like terrible people for not seeing their children in so long. And secondly, it would also be a good explanation as to why the Apples in Ponyville are so family oriented. I don't think that needs any explanation given the fact that the Apples have a family reunion every so often (probably every year really).

However, I don't think that this headcanon will be officially debunked by the show staff unless the almighty heads of The Toy Company demand it be so. I'm pretty sure the show staff also consider AJ's parents to be dead.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Problem is, it's not the show staff's decision in the end (See: Twi's eyesore of a palace and new changelings)
While that's true, I don't see them doing it with the apple parents. Most of their forced chambers relate to selling the newer toys which is always something big - i,e. Twilacorn, Castle Bookworm Hoers, new changlings, royal wedding, etc. I don't see AJ's parents being a big enough selling point when they're a part of a family so abundant in number that most of their toys are a part of the cheaper bin toys.

Also,
that comic is hilarious

Muro

Fight me in Skullgirls
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Poland
steamcommunity.com
AJ's parents overdosed on zap apple jam and were magically turned into the Storm King and his wife Grubber.
They aren't invited to family reunions anymore because the last time they showed up, they stormed through the snack table. No pie survived.
Explains Grubber's round shapes, but don't tell her that. She's sensitive about the subject.

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Minor note, but Viva Reverie, aka one of the best Lawyer Friendly Equines animators, finished up his 4 part Danganronpa parody, along with a super crazy animation at the end. I'd provide a link, but Manesix said we can't do that right now given it connects to Youtube.

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Whilst I'd prefer for them to actually be 'gone', it's possible AJ's parents are in another dimension, ala Sunset Shimmer. It seems unlikely, but I guess it's a possibility.

Side thought about all these new characters: That's a pretty extensive main cast, if we add in the existing Mane 6 and possibly Spike. I hope each of these characters gets a decent amount of screen time, but I'm kind of worried they might overshadow the Mane 6 (Hell, Capper looks like he could be the main protagonist if this wasn't an Lawyer Friendly Equines movie).

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
That's a good point. With such a loaded cast, you'd hope it is balanced. I guess is a full length movie, so it should be alright in that sense. I'm more anxious that it will end up being painfully corny and really really sugary

...wtf am I talking about, it's m l p movie, it's inevitable =P

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Side thought about all these new characters: That's a pretty extensive main cast, if we add in the existing Mane 6 and possibly Spike. I hope each of these characters gets a decent amount of screen time, but I'm kind of worried they might overshadow the Mane 6 (Hell, Capper looks like he could be the main protagonist if this wasn't an Lawyer Friendly Equines movie).
I agree. However, I'm more concerned that Spike won't get much screen time or much to do. That's my biggest worry, especially when you consider how he's treated throughout the show. I'm hoping that the length of the movie is at least 90 minutes if not more. Not sure if The Toy Company would allow that length for a pony movie based on what we've seen for the Lawyer Friendly Hominids movies, but one can hope.