[FactionRP] The United Foenum Council [Neutral]

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Pretty sure at that point you just wanna play some DND with our OCs ;)

It's amusing that several of us seemed to have the same plan in mind. Not gonna lie, I too was thinking much the same thing: Wait to see what would happen and either write The Hunters bit, or write the whole thing as one large narrative. As stated, while doing turn-by-turn RP would be fun (and, not gonna lie, I'd be down for it ;) ), I think doing it on such a personal level isn't plausible in this format. Thus, why not simply either choose someone to write the narritive of what happened, or each rep either writes or posts (assuming someone else in the faction wants to write) their part of it?
I say we do it!

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

The Yaski

Acting representative of the Empire of Tianhuo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
ELIIIIIIIIIIIISSSEE- *Cough* sorry, old habits.
FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCE!!!!!!!

If that's how we're doing this then I'll write MY side.... Right....NOW!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Wiggly, Wiggly)
(Flashback)
On the designated day of battle, I powered up and took stock of my inventory,
- Infinite "Magic" bullets
- Infinite "Magic" grenades
- Add-on pusher option: Ready!
Catchphrase ACTIVATE!
LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!
As I made my way to the UFC, I reviewed the plan of attack in my database,
- I go ALONE to warn the giraffes.
- The Hunters would take out the giraffes military leaders after the Longma have struck first.
- The Longma strike first.
- The Dark Side, Empire, Pom Patrol, and Ariz-totzka swarm the giraffe in their own way (Don't judge me, I'm trying to mix like 3 different plans together into 1.)
- (Secret UFC objective) Turn on the Hunters and take some of them out.
- Win.
The plan was set. Time to make it happen...
As the Council met and organized the strategy I started to feel... strange. Like, there was something inside of me building up and gathering strength until it was ready to be released. I had suppressed it throughout the meeting and had only caught the gist of everyone else's plans. As the forces gathered a few kilometers away from the battlefield the feeling in my gut grew stronger, but I did not speak. Looking over all of the assembled troops, Unicorns, Longma, Sheep, I grew determined to see this through to the end.
The time had come to act. The Longma had taken flight and were on their way to war.
GRRRRR
What was that? THAT was new... I think...
I couldn't dwell on this thought for long, because the time had come to attack. We watched as the Longma attacked from the sky, it looked as if a blazing inferno were lashing out at the ground. My electronics were racing, my mind thinking of the best way to subdue the most enemies with the least amount of force...
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Oof, that feeling, again!? HERE!?!? I remebered what that feeling meant, it usually involved a River of Red, and that was NOT the plan. The Sheep pushed on and fought alongside the Cattle, while the Dark Side flanked the giraffe with the Empire, as a few Hunters were trying to run off with giraffe soldiers.
I ran.
I couldn't be a part of this.
Not while THAT was here!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My circuitry couldn't handle all of the pressure it was under and so, I rebooted.
I couldn't do anything, but watch what happened.
My body moved on its own, it stretched and tested its weapons.
Real bullets. "Uh oh..."
Real grenades. "No...no..."
My body started moving toward the battle...
"NO! MOVE! MOVE! MOVE! AUGH!"
My guns were pointed at the biggest cluster of ungulates I could find and as my hrenade launchers loaded up...
"NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO!!!"
And then... A giraffe FLOORED me with its ridiculous long neck. The grenade launched straight up into the air... and fell into a nearby lake.
*BOOM*
I slammed into a tree and regained control of my body, I quickly changed back into "magic" bullets and opened up a flurry at the giraffe. (Magic bullets HURT, but can't kill.) Weakened, but not out I limped to cover, where I found out some of my circuitry would need repairs. That was disappointing, but at least I didn't turn back into "That." The rest of the battle went as planned, we even managed to snag a few Hunters, I even caught some of my fellow Reps throwing down. I was upset that I could mot do more for the Council, but I hoped that my comrades would understand once I explained what the situation was.
~~~~~~~~~~~(Wiggly, Wiggly)
Take it away someone else!
Neat. I'll wait a while before writing my part cause I want to see if a cow or bunny comes forth to claim one of the remaining rolls.

It's amusing that several of us seemed to have the same plan in mind. Not gonna lie, I too was thinking much the same thing: Wait to see what would happen and either write The Hunters bit, or write the whole thing as one large narrative. As stated, while doing turn-by-turn RP would be fun (and, not gonna lie, I'd be down for it ;) ), I think doing it on such a personal level isn't plausible in this format. Thus, why not simply either choose someone to write the narritive of what happened, or each rep either writes or posts (assuming someone else in the faction wants to write) their part of it?
I think, since we already have people contributing, everyone should write their own part. However, I was also thinking of setting up a private conversation between all the players (Me, Stunthead, OC, Zero, etc.) and if you want any of the stories to overlap, we can message each other there for recommendations of how to tie these pieces together. Then we could contact each other without bothering everyone who visits this forum.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
However, I was also thinking of setting up a private conversation between all the players (Me, Stunthead, OC, Zero, etc.) and if you want any of the stories to overlap, we can message each other there for recommendations of how to tie these pieces together. Then we could contact each other without bothering everyone who visits this forum.
I'd be down for this.

DungeonMiner

A guy who likes to write
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Georgia
I think, since we already have people contributing, everyone should write their own part. However, I was also thinking of setting up a private conversation between all the players (Me, Stunthead, OC, Zero, etc.) and if you want any of the stories to overlap, we can message each other there for recommendations of how to tie these pieces together. Then we could contact each other without bothering everyone who visits this forum.
Please do. Of course, you can figure it out up there, and get back here fort the finished product, just for a sense of closure.

Also, I should note. 0, the UFC was not for taking out the Hunters. That was your plan that the Velveetas backed up...

...and then never showed up for the fight...

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Also, I should note. 0, the UFC was not for taking out the Hunters. That was your plan that the Velveetas backed up...

...and then never showed up for the fight...
My apologies, what I meant when I said "UFC" or "the Council" what I meant was the Reps FROM the Council that met up to discuss the plan of attack, NOT the UFC itself. Sorry for the miscommunication. You were in NO part supposed to be a part of my plan.
That being said, until the Convo is set up and all of this resolved, I vote that we not post any more stories or POV's. Is everyone in agreement?
Or, I could just set it up, you know what, I'll go fo that right now.

Stunthead

Springbok when
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Zealand
While we could do a more fluid, dynamic system, where we do rolls as they come up, this is a forum, not a chat room. We can't always rely on everyone being here at the same time like a pen and paper RPG, so I wanted to get the rolls established ahead of time, and then once we knew the general outline of the story based on how successful each player was, then we could write the entire thing out.
Well, nothing says we have to do it one-after-the-other. No reason why we can't have multiple stories being written in sync. I actually think that it would be a damn good way of writing the baking contest. But I do agree with what others have said, maybe this is the sort of thing best handled in private chat rather than in threads. So long as the story (or a summarized version of the story) is posted where everyone can see it eventually. Where's the fun in saying "We had a baking contest, this person won, but you guys don't actually get to see what happened."

EDIT: Also, the private chats should always be 'advertised' publicly so everyone who wants to take part can take part. So if anyone else here wants to take part in writing the Giraffe war, or just wants to watch the story as it's being written, just say so and I'll invite you in.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Well, nothing says we have to do it one-after-the-other. No reason why we can't have multiple stories being written in sync. I actually think that it would be a damn good way of writing the baking contest. But I do agree with what others have said, maybe this is the sort of thing best handled in private chat rather than in threads. So long as the story (or a summarized version of the story) is posted where everyone can see it eventually. Where's the fun in saying "We had a baking contest, this person won, but you guys don't actually get to see what happened."

EDIT: Also, the private chats should always be 'advertised' publicly so everyone who wants to take part can take part. So if anyone else here wants to take part in writing the Giraffe war, or just wants to watch the story as it's being written, just say so and I'll invite you in.

The bake-off will be great fun.

OOC:That said, I'm not a mod so take my friendly reminder as you will, but I just wanted to remind everyone that the mods would like this place to be family-friendly at all times. I say this because with the influx of psudo-fanfics we're about to get, I feel this might be a good time to remind everyone to keep it good and clean. After all, some of us might be a bit ... tempted ... to go a bit too far ;)

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I say this because with the influx of psudo-fanfics we're about to get, I feel this might be a good time to remind everyone to keep it good and clean. After all, some of us might be a bit ... tempted ... to go a bit too far ;)
Was that aimed at me? If it is, then I'll try to keep it PG-13.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Was that aimed at me? If it is, then I'll try to keep it PG-13.
Nah, it wasn't really aimed at any one person. It was more of a friendly reminder for the lot of us :D

The main reason I bring it up is because I've noticed that as we've grown more chill and relaxed here (which is legit) I've noticed a bit of strong language here and there. Again, I'm not a mod, nor is it my job to enforce any rules, but I'd hate to see one of the mods have to step in because we got a little bit too relaxed with our language.

Reactions: 0Zero100

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Nah, it wasn't really aimed at any one person. It was more of a friendly reminder for the lot of us :D

The main reason I bring it up is because I've noticed that as we've grown more chill and relaxed here (which is legit) I've noticed a bit of strong language here and there. Again, I'm not a mod, nor is it my job to enforce any rules, but I'd hate to see one of the mods have to step in because we got a little bit too relaxed with our language.
Yeah, I've noticed it too, but I haven't seen it in any of the FactionRP threads, or at least I don't remember seeing any foul language in there. Hopefully we can keep it, somewhat, clean in the RP threads... that being said, I should probably aim for PG, rather than PG-13.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
-knock knock- Hello? Anyone? I was hoping I could submit my name as Flambassador for the UFC. I would gain my honorable leader's consent first, but he has been missing for over three weeks including private means of contact. As the Empire was almost absent from the last set of momentous occasions occurring here, I thought I could manage in his absence and so we would only be one alpaca away from unity. Which is a lot to be saying aloud..... when I don't even know if anyone is here.... I'll leave my application on the front podium, someone should find it there. Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll be going now.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
-knock knock- Hello? Anyone? I was hoping I could submit my name as Flambassador for the UFC. I would gain my honorable leader's consent first, but he has been missing for over three weeks including private means of contact. As the Empire was almost absent from the last set of momentous occasions occurring here, I thought I could manage in his absence and so we would only be one alpaca away from unity. Which is a lot to be saying aloud..... when I don't even know if anyone is here.... I'll leave my application on the front podium, someone should find it there. Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll be going now.
Hello there...

Going somewhere?

Last edited:

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
*Comes out of the broom closet*
Yaaaaaawwwnnn. Man, that was a good recharge!
*Sees application*
Hmmm?
....Yaski...appplication...UFC...3 weeks...huh.
Sweet! That would totally be a step in the right direction for the Council. Now to tell DM about this...

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Ooh, so the impartial one decided to join? Good to have you! I was hoping we would be working together, this will hopefully keep the council from making more Grand mistakes like the one that caused the "Battle of Unrulyness".

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
OOC: Welp, it took a bit longer then I had expected, but here is:

The Battle Of Unruliness
Part One
Under The Moon

The low glow of the crescent moon shone upon their backs as they made their way through what little brush the prairie had. It was dark, and quiet. Perfect conditions for those on a hunt. They made their way swiftly, as their time was most limited. They had a single objective: to undo the enemy from within. They had spent weeks, if not months, waiting for a moment such as this; a moment to hunt prey. In the shadows they had waited, in the dark they had watched. They had planned on striking someday, but with things having had turned out the way they did that 'someday' had, much to their excitement, become today.

As they neared the edge of the encampment where the army of the Giraffe-folk had fortified themselves, they paused for a moment. The Giraffe knew well how to dig in. Their camp was surrounded by a high and sturdy wall. Just behind it they had guards perfectly spaced apart. The wall was short enough to enable the giraffe to see over it, but tall enough to make the inside of the camp impossible to see from the outside. Any hill or outcropping of rocks that could have provided the ability to look in was either well-guarded, or had been intentionally flattened. All brush around the outside of the wall had been cleared, allowing the guards behind the wall a clear view of any possible approach. It was an impressive defense, given that it had been made only two days prior. Indeed, any ungulate might have been tempted to consider any kind of covert mission akin to suicide, and they most likely would have been right. But these were no ungulates that approached the camp.

They were hunters.

The giraffe were clever, but there was no way they could have prepared for something like this. The guards stood alert, and very much aware as their eyes scanned the relatively flat plain that surrounded their camp. Though, look as they might, they did not, nor could not, see their foe approach. Nor did they hear a thing, save a very slight breeze that blew through the air from time to time. They did not see them cross the cleared ground around their camp, nor did they hear them scale their impressive walls. But then again, how can one see and hear shadows? Let alone stop them.

To their credit, a few guards did see some movement. However, they dismissed it as their fellow guards moving about the camp. Thus it was with little alarm that their foe entered in, and began their work. The hunters moved as swiftly as they could, for their 'allies' would attack shortly after dawn. Though their task was not easy.

The camp itself was laid out in a way only a giraffe could make sense of it. The tents were too tall for the hunters to easily see over, and they dared not scale to the top of them lest they collapse one, or be spotted. Crossing a wall was easy enough, standing alone on top of a brightly colored tent and remaining unseen was another matter. The layout was, to them, chaotic and confusing. Thus, to cover more ground, they split their forces.

From tent to tent they traveled. Most were filled with rank-and-file troops; not their targets (though they wished they were, for they were most hungry). Those few that had commanders, they marked and went on their way to the next tent. While it would have been most easy to simply eat them while they slept, they had other plans for them. Tent by tent they traveled, tent by tent they ignored or marked, until finally, they reached the center. There, completely surrounded by guards, stood the tent of the Grand General of the Giraffe army.

“What are we to do?” asked a shadowy wolf. “We cannot get in, there are too many eyes, even for us. Look! While the walls were cast in shadows and darkness, this tent is surrounded by light and guards on every side. We are too few to take them on directly, and they would surely gather at once to save their commander.”

“Then let us return to the tents of their leaders,” spoke a young elk, “the Masters speak to me and the others who bear their mark. The time for our plan is upon us!” she grinned.

“Yeah, about that. Mind telling us what's up with that? I mean, I'm kinda hungry. You can't expect us to be all 'shadow and mystery' and you know, not tell us what's up with the whole 'not eating' thing. I mean, sneaking around like this ain't easy, m'kay?” Francis, the tabby cat, interjected (again).

“Really, Francis? You're going to do this right now? Right in the middle of a mission?” the elk looked at him, her eye twitching slightly.

The cat rolled his eyes. “Well you sure didn't tell US anything back at base.”

“Francis,” a young lemur placed a paw upon him, “Don't worry. If this all goes according to plan, this is going to be amazing. So stick with the program for once, okay?

Francis let out a sigh. “Fine. But if I'm not getting anything to eat soon, I'm splitting, okay?”

“Fine! Just don't wander off until we're done, alright?” the elk snapped, though rather quietly. The cat waved a paw in a 'yeah, yeah' fashion. “Alright. Now then, come, we have work to do!” she smiled.

The hunters left the center, and headed for the closest commander’s tent they could find. There, upon a cot, lay a commander of high rank. “Keep watch, lest we be ambushed!” the lemur spoke to the wolf, who went to the entrance of the tent.

“Very good.” the elk said. “Now, watch. I shall show you how to apply, and activate, the mark. When you do, one of two things will happen: It will either put them into a comatose sleep, or it will make them one of us.” The other hunters in the room watched closely as the elk stalked to the giraffe's bedside. Slowly, and as quietly as she could, she made her way to the head of her prey. When she reached it, she stood upon her hind legs, and raised her hooves high…

You are prey, and we are hunters.
Upon you we place their mark of hatred and power,
and command you to join the others.
If before our master you dare cower,
Then your mind, they will devour!”

Her near silent chant complete, she slammed a hoof upon the sleeping giraffe's forehead. Its eyes shot open, and its mouth opened to emit a silent scream as a dark mark etched itself upon its head. Its eyes flashed red, and it convulsed as though a powerful shock ran through it. Then, it was still. For several moments the air was quiet. When its eyes finally opened, they did so suddenly and to everyone's surprise, save the elk.

“See?” she said. “Now, go! We have little time!” she pointed a hoof to the exit. The others nodded, and left swiftly.

The giraffe sat up and looked at her. “What is your command?” it said, its voice vacant and distant.

She smiled. “Gather your troops, commander. You have a coup d'état to preform...”

***Author's note: If you didn't know, a coup d'état is a sudden and (often) violent take over of power. In this case, using military might to take control.

Also: I wanted to give credit where credit is due: Thank you 0Zero100 for proof-reading, offering corrections, and minor suggestions and edits for everything written thus far.

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Sorry for the double post, but the orginal 'part one' had to be cut into two parts:
Here's Part Two :D :

The Battle Of Unruliness
Part Two
In A Baaaaad Spot​
*****​

“The army is in position Prime Minister!” the cow saluted the rather nervous ram.

“O-oh!” he said, shifting a bit in the armor the longma had given him to wear. “That happened a lot sooner then I had expected. G-Good! How about the longma?”

“They are awaiting the signal to charge.” the cow reported, its hoof not leaving its forehead.

“Ah. And what about the Cattlekind?” he asked, fidgeting all the more under his armor. Aside from the fact that this was clearly made for something that didn't have hair (it kept snagging his wool), the armor was heavy and uncomfortable (and really, really hot).

The cow blinked at him a few times. “I just reported that they were in position.”

“O-oh. I thought you were talking about my kin!” he said, feeling a little sheepish. Yep. That armor was coming off. While it was a nice gesture, he figured that he wouldn't actually need it. After all, what were the odds he would actually be in the battle? Not that he was afraid mind you, but he wasn't really a combatant.

“No sir, although they too are ready to march.” the cow nodded.

“Wonderful! I knew I could count on them! As long as one of them doesn't wander off...” his mind was suddenly filled with the metal image of a single sheep wandering off after some far patch of grass and the entire flock of sheeple following after it.

“That's been taken care of Sir.” The cow said, though her voice lacked a certain confidence he would have liked to hear.

“Is there a problem?” he asked, suddenly feeling a little uneasy.

“Well, no. It's just that...” she looked from side to side. “Permission to speak freely commander?”

“What? I'm not your comman-” he stopped as he suddenly remembered that he was, indeed, her temporary commander, “Er, granted. Go ahead.”

“It's just that, well, I'm not so sure about hiring all of those goats. I mean, why? And why stick them in with the Cattlekind? I'm pretty sure we're strong enough without all of those mercenaries.” the cow cast at the army in question.

“Well, I hired them because I felt it wouldn't hurt to give us a little more strength. From what we've been told, the Giraffe-folk army is quite experienced and well organized. So, I figured that having even more allies could only help.” Fleece nodded to himself.

“Well, okay. I guess that makes sense. But why stick them with us? Why not the sheep?” the cow asked.

“Oh, that? Well, we sheep get along pretty okay with the goats. I figured that it would be a good opportunity to improve inter-ungulate relations between Cattlekind and the goats.” Fleece shrugged.

“You're using a battle to improve relations between two ungulates?” the cow gave him a flat look.

“Yes. Yes I am. I feel that fighting alongside one another should do a world of good in building stronger bonds.” Fleece nodded once more.

“If you say so...” the cow sounded rather unconvinced.

“It never hurts to make new allies.” Fleece smiled.

“In speaking of allies, I, uh, wanted to ask about that … thing … that you said were planning on bringing with you. Are you sure it can be trusted? I mean, I've never seen anything like it before! And it talks and acts kinda funny. And parts of it are made of metal. Not to be rude sir, but what IS that thing?” The cow lowered her hoof for a moment, then jerked as she caught herself and sharply put her hoof back to her forehead.

“First off,” he said, none-too-pleased with her tone, “HE is an ally. Second, well, uh...” he paused. He wasn't fully sure WHAT he was exactly, but, “Well, he's a bear … kinda. And he's pretty scary … sorta. W-What I mean is, yes! He's an old friend of ours and I assure you that he is perfectly trustworthy. He's never hurt any of us, that I know of, on purpose … I think.” he put a hoof to his chin as he tried to remember any time the bear had done anything worth reporting.

“Well, if you say so, sir. I just get the willies around him, that's all.” the cow looked back almost as if expecting said bear to pop in behind her.

“And what about the, uh, 'Dark Side'?” he asked. The fact that they existed gave him the willies, but at least they were fighting for the right side, even if their means of so doing gave him the creeps.

The cow whipped her head back into position and saluted once more, “They are in formation and ready to go sir! And, uh, may I speak freely once again, sir?”

“Wait, they're in position already?! Is everyone in position?!” he took a step back in surprise, and tripped over a strap he had undone in his armor.

“Sir!” the cow ran over to him and helped him to his hooves.

“I'm fine! I'm fine! Help me get this thing off! I can't wear it!” he tugged ineffectually at a few straps. The cow nodded and with a practiced motion yanked on two straps, causing the whole thing to easily fall off. “How did you…?”

“This isn't the first time I've fought alongside the longma, Sir. And to answer your question, all ranks are ready and reporting in, Sir!” she said, saluting again but with great excitement this time.

“Really? And it's not even dawn yet! Why, we could start early and catch the entire giraffe army by surprise!” he rubbed his hooves together excitedly.

“Exactly sir! That's what Colonel An Hongse and that, uh, thing that's got that floating book, said!” she nodded, although a little nervously.

“That 'thing',” he gave her a hard look, “is named Weylen and deserves as much respect as any of our other allies.”

“I apologize, sir.”

“I take it that's what you wanted to speak freely about? Another ally that has you feeling nervous?” he raised an eyebrow. She nodded. “Well, you'll need to get used to strange allies. He may indeed be a predator, but he's changed his ways, and is fighting with us. Better then those...” he shook his head and spat. “Any word from them by chance?”

She shook her head, “Not yet sir. I-” she stopped as a young longma ('young' being relative) ran up next to her.

“Sir! The Giraffe army has begun fighting itself, sir! We're not sure why, but it looks like small factions appear to be attempting to lay siege to what looks like the General's tent! Sir, shall we charge?!” the young longma said excitedly.

“Uh, what was your Colonel’s plan again?” he asked, suddenly feeling very nervous. The realization that the battle was coming a lot sooner then he had anticipated shot his nerves just a little.

The longma's eyes lit up with glee as a large smile cracked its face. “Sir!” it saluted, “The battle begins with us Longma leading the charge from the air! We dive-bomb the foe's ranks head-on! Then, just after we've begun our charge, the Cattlekind come in from the front! Given the large wall that surrounds their camp, the Colonel felt that it would prove no obstacle for the cattle's charge!”

“You bet your fiery wings it won't!” the cow proclaimed with pride.

“The Sheeple will flank the encampment to prevent any escape, but given the terrain and the walls, the Colonel felt it would be good to have them right behind the Cattlekind and to be the first to enter the camp once the wall has fallen. Once both armies have begun their charge, the dark ones will open fire upon the ranks of the Giraffe. Though Weylen felt it would be wise to let them unleash a salvo after the wall has fallen, but before the sheeple charge in.” the longma said far too quickly.

The Prime Minister's eyes glazed over ever so slightly. The longma was talking so fast, it was hard to keep up. “So, you guys dive, the cows charge, the sheeple charge, cows take down the wall, everyone get out of the way of all the dark magic, then the sheeple charge into the hole in the wall?” the longma nodded. “Why are my people the ones bearing the brunt of the breech?”

“You're right sir!” the cow shouted. “We would totally want to be the ones to do it! After all, it was us who the Giraffe declared war on!”

He looked over at her, his head spinning slightly, “Uh, sur-”

“And then the Sheeple could cover the dark ones as they headed into position, while also providing back-up to the Cattlekind!” the longma said excitedly, looking at the cow.

“Well, hol-”

“That would be perfect! Then some of us could focus on bringing the wall down to allow the dark ones more targets to hit, and they wouldn't have to worry about getting attacked from behind!” the cow said, looking at the longma.

“Just a mom-”

“And that would give us the perfect chance to pick off any major threats we wanted to because they would be too busy trying to stop the cows from breaking the wall down! This is perfect!” both the cow and longma dropped their heads and headbutted each other with a shout of 'Howrah!', then left to join their respective armies, leaving behind a rather bewildered Prime Minister.

“Uh, okay then. I guess that's what we're doing.” he said as he turned around to join his sheeple. “I guess I'll just give the signal an-” he stopped as a sudden flare of light filled the sky. The sun was not yet up, so it was easy to see, even with his back to it. He turned around and saw to his surprise the sky explode with fire as what seemed like hundreds, if not thousands, of longma suddenly erupt in flames. The ground suddenly shook and heaved, and he turned to the army of the Cattlekind and saw that they had all raised up onto their rear hooves, and slammed the earth beneath them. Next, the air around him suddenly flooded with the cries of innumerable howls from the sheepdogs of his sheeple. Then, at the last, a terrible chill froze his blood as he felt the whole area around them suddenly fill with dark magics.

He turned once more to the sky, and saw the longma armada, which looked to him like a giant bird of fire take flight directly at the fortress before them. The ground began shaking violently as the Cattlekind began their charge, shouts of excitement and war cries erupting from their ranks. He turned around just in time to get caught up in the charge of the Sheeple who, with the simple push of one, had begun charging as one giant swarm of white. He let out a cry as they carried him to the front of the battle, and he cried all the more as he saw a giant blast of fell energy crash into the wall, blowing off large chunks, and creating massive cracks in it.

The battle had begun…

Parts 3-5 will consist of three prelude sections that take place just before the battle. The idea is to offer a bit of background and explanation as to who it is exactly the camera is following, and why.

This story will likely consist of many parts (four really, but given the character limit of posting, it will be split into several more). I mention this because I wanted to ask everyone if they felt that the UFC thread was the best place for this story, or if making a separate thread for this story would be better/more effective/proper/etc...

Last edited:

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
OOC: Welp, it took a bit longer then I had expected, but here is:

The Battle Of Unruliness
Part One
Under The Moon

The low glow of the crescent moon shone upon their backs as they made their way through what little brush the prairie had. It was dark, and quiet. Perfect conditions for those on a hunt. They made their way swiftly, as their time was most limited. They had a single objective: to undo the enemy from within. They had spent weeks, if not months, waiting for a moment such as this; a moment to hunt prey. In the shadows they had waited, in the dark they had watched. They had planned on striking someday, but with things having had turned out the way they did that 'someday' had, much to their excitement, become today.

As they neared the edge of the encampment where the army of the Giraffe-folk had fortified themselves, they paused for a moment. The Giraffe knew well how to dig in. Their camp was surrounded by a high and sturdy wall. Just behind it they had guards perfectly spaced apart. The wall was short enough to enable the giraffe to see over it, but tall enough to make the inside of the camp impossible to see from the outside. Any hill or outcropping of rocks that could have provided the ability to look in was either well-guarded, or had been intentionally flattened. All brush around the outside of the wall had been cleared, allowing the guards behind the wall a clear view of any possible approach. It was an impressive defense, given that it had been made only two days prior. Indeed, any ungulate might have been tempted to consider any kind of covert mission akin to suicide, and they most likely would have been right. But these were no ungulates that approached the camp.

They were hunters.

The giraffe were clever, but there was no way they could have prepared for something like this. The guards stood alert, and very much aware as their eyes scanned the relatively flat plain that surrounded their camp. Though, look as they might, they did not, nor could not, see their foe approach. Nor did they hear a thing, save a very slight breeze that blew through the air from time to time. They did not see them cross the cleared ground around their camp, nor did they hear them scale their impressive walls. But then again, how can one see and hear shadows? Let alone stop them.

To their credit, a few guards did see some movement. However, they dismissed it as their fellow guards moving about the camp. Thus it was with little alarm that their foe entered in, and began their work. The hunters moved as swiftly as they could, for their 'allies' would attack shortly after dawn. Though their task was not easy.

The camp itself was laid out in a way only a giraffe could make sense of it. The tents were too tall for the hunters to easily see over, and they dared not scale to the top of them lest they collapse one, or be spotted. Crossing a wall was easy enough, standing alone on top of a brightly colored tent and remaining unseen was another matter. The layout was, to them, chaotic and confusing. Thus, to cover more ground, they split their forces.

From tent to tent they traveled. Most were filled with rank-and-file troops; not their targets (though they wished they were, for they were most hungry). Those few that had commanders, they marked and went on their way to the next tent. While it would have been most easy to simply eat them while they slept, they had other plans for them. Tent by tent they traveled, tent by tent they ignored or marked, until finally, they reached the center. There, completely surrounded by guards, stood the tent of the Grand General of the Giraffe army.

“What are we to do?” asked a shadowy wolf. “We cannot get in, there are too many eyes, even for us. Look! While the walls were cast in shadows and darkness, this tent is surrounded by light and guards on every side. We are too few to take them on directly, and they would surely gather at once to save their commander.”

“Then let us return to the tents of their leaders,” spoke a young elk, “the Masters speak to me and the others who bear their mark. The time for our plan is upon us!” she grinned.

“Yeah, about that. Mind telling us what's up with that? I mean, I'm kinda hungry. You can't expect us to be all 'shadow and mystery' and you know, not tell us what's up with the whole 'not eating' thing. I mean, sneaking around like this ain't easy, m'kay?” Francis, the tabby cat, interjected (again).

“Really, Francis? You're going to do this right now? Right in the middle of a mission?” the elk looked at him, her eye twitching slightly.

The cat rolled his eyes. “Well you sure didn't tell US anything back at base.”

“Francis,” a young lemur placed a paw upon him, “Don't worry. If this all goes according to plan, this is going to be amazing. So stick with the program for once, okay?

Francis let out a sigh. “Fine. But if I'm not getting anything to eat soon, I'm splitting, okay?”

“Fine! Just don't wander off until we're done, alright?” the elk snapped, though rather quietly. The cat waved a paw in a 'yeah, yeah' fashion. “Alright. Now then, come, we have work to do!” she smiled.

The hunters left the center, and headed for the closest commander’s tent they could find. There, upon a cot, lay a commander of high rank. “Keep watch, lest we be ambushed!” the lemur spoke to the wolf, who went to the entrance of the tent.

“Very good.” the elk said. “Now, watch. I shall show you how to apply, and activate, the mark. When you do, one of two things will happen: It will either put them into a comatose sleep, or it will make them one of us.” The other hunters in the room watched closely as the elk stalked to the giraffe's bedside. Slowly, and as quietly as she could, she made her way to the head of her prey. When she reached it, she stood upon her hind legs, and raised her hooves high…

You are prey, and we are hunters.
Upon you we place their mark of hatred and power,
and command you to join the others.
If before our master you dare cower,
Then your mind, they will devour!”

Her near silent chant complete, she slammed a hoof upon the sleeping giraffe's forehead. Its eyes shot open, and its mouth opened to emit a silent scream as a dark mark etched itself upon its head. Its eyes flashed red, and it convulsed as though a powerful shock ran through it. Then, it was still. For several moments the air was quiet. When its eyes finally opened, they did so suddenly and to everyone's surprise, save the elk.

“See?” she said. “Now, go! We have little time!” she pointed a hoof to the exit. The others nodded, and left swiftly.

The giraffe sat up and looked at her. “What is your command?” it said, its voice vacant and distant.

She smiled. “Gather your troops, commander. You have a coup d'état to preform...”

***Author's note: If you didn't know, a coup d'état is a sudden and (often) violent take over of power. In this case, using military might to take control.

Also: I wanted to give credit where credit is due: Thank you 0Zero100 for proof-reading, offering corrections, and minor suggestions and edits for everything written thus far.
S-Senpai you flatter me:oops:.
Doesn't mean I won't take the appreciation:D.
Sorry for the double post, but the orginal 'part one' had to be cut into two parts:
Parts 3-5 will consist of three prelude sections that take place just before the battle. The idea is to offer a bit of background and explanation as to who it is exactly the camera is following, and why.
[/spoiler]

This story will likely consist of many parts (four really, but given the character limit of posting, it will be split into several more). I mention this because I wanted to ask everyone if they felt that the UFC thread was the best place for this story, or if making a separate thread for this story would be better/more effective/proper/etc...
Hmm, I'm not sure if it should be its own thread, seeing as how people have been out of the loop of this story for a while. What does everybody else think?

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Some of us, never left.
So, wait, you sleep here? Do you have, like, a tent you put up in one of the break rooms? Or do you just curl up in one of the big plush chairs?

[/spoiler]

Hmmm, we don't completely want to spam this place, unless everyone is unanimous on that it is fine for it all to go up here. Otherwise, maybe put it in another forum and link it from here?

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
So, wait, you sleep here? Do you have, like, a tent you put up in one of the break rooms? Or do you just curl up in one of the big plush chairs?

Hmmm, we don't completely want to spam this place, unless everyone is unanimous on that it is fine for it all to go up here. Otherwise, maybe put it in another forum and link it from here?
Actually, I set up a generator in one of the closets, so I sleep here occasionally. But when I don't, I go back home and recharge there.
Hmm, maybe make a thread in the Fan Creations and link it.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
And here is the first of the three prologues:

The Battle of Unruliness
Part Three
Lesson Zero: Sheep
Bullets?

Check.

Grenades?

Check.

His weapons (all of which were built-in, and non-lethal of course!) were locked, loaded, and ready to go. His mainframe was in prime condition, and his Audio/Visual input was good. All systems were green. There was just one little problem…

There was an army in his way; an army of sheeple, to which he belonged.

Well, okay, technically speaking he was a bear (a robot bear to be exact) so he wasn't technically one of the 'sheeple'. That, however, was beside the point! They had taken him in, and he had sworn to defend them until the last of his bolts rusted into dust! Never mind the fact that being a giant robot teddy bear made it hard for other ungulates to take him seriously (when they weren’t running in fear from him). Seriously, why can't an oversized walking robot teddy bear catch a break?

But, once again, that was all beside the point. What was the point was the fact that his plan had been foiled. He had planned on meeting with the Giraffe just before the battle to give them fair warning of the coming fight, and to give them one final chance to surrender (which, unbeknownst to him, they would have flat-out rejected). However, the entire United Foenum Forces (as some had started calling it) had already arrived at the giraffe's camp. He had even left bright and early to be sure to arrive before anyone else.

He let out a sigh, as best as a robot can sigh. Oh well, there went that plan.

Hanging his head, he made his way over to the flock that eagerly awaited the command to charge. While the Cattlekind, the Dark Side, and the Longma had nice and orderly ranks, the sheep were more or less like a giant field of fluffy cotton that more or less kinda moved around in place. It was a miracle they hadn't either already charged, or wandered off. In speaking of wandering off, where was Prime Minister Fleece? And why hadn't the flock followed him?

Glancing about as he made his way through the fluffy sea, he spotted their fearless leader a distance from the front of the sheep army. He was conversing with a cow and longma. He thought it was the strangest thing, until he remembered that it had been he that had been selected to coordinate this whole offensive. It was a decision that had surprised many, and displeased a few. However, the army needed someone to say 'charge', and he said he was the one willing to do it (the delegates from both the Empire of Huoshan and the Dark Side had said they would have been willing to do it, but had lost the vote due to various reasons (The Empire had lost it because many feared what Colonel An Hongse would be capable of doing in that position, and The Dark Side lost because no one was too keen on letting a predator lead their forces)).

Both the cow and the longma left Prime Minister Fleece's side as he finally reached the front of the ranks. “Hey, Zero,” a sheep near him said, catching his attention, “do you think that's the order to charge?”

Zero did a slight double take. Granted, he knew he was going off to war, but the reality of it didn't hit him until he heard that word. The word charge.

“Did somesheep say chaaaarge?!” another sheep bleated.

Charge. That word stirred something deep inside. Something, angry.

“IT'S TIME FOR THE CHARGE?!” another cried. This time, that something awoke, and growled.

“NO!” roared Zero, more in reaction to what had happened to himself rather then what happened around him. Though he did so just in time, as the whole flock had suddenly turned towards the camp, ready to run full-boar at it. Now they looked at him with fear in their eyes. Why? What had happened? And why … why did he like it? He shook his head, and cast his glance across the flock. “Wait for the sig-”

It was right about then that the whole sky erupted in flame, and the ground suddenly shook.

“IT'S THE SIGN! CHAAAAAAAAARGE!” cried the sheep next to him. The air suddenly filled with the howls of innumerable sheep dogs, and the flock began surging forward as one, like an avalanche of unstoppable wool. Fortunately, Zero was ready for it and began running in front of them, to lead the way. Goodness knows it would only take one sheep tripping or running off in the wrong direction to get the whole flock off course. Plus there was the added bonus of him being much larger then the sheep, making him easy to see.

Unfortunately, the poor Prime Minister did not expect their sudden charge, and was scooped up by the rampaging flock. Zero wanted to scoop him up himself, but to do so would have forced him to alter his course, as the Prime Minister had not been perfectly positioned between the army and the giraffe, but a little to the left.

So it was that Zero had front-row seats when the Cattlekind hit the wall, and hit the wall they did. As they approached, the front formed three large lines, lowered their heads, and picked up speed. Just before they hit, the first line leapt into the air, and smashed their rear hooves into the wall with a single, mighty kick. It cracked from the massive impact. They rebounded over the heads of the second line, who pivoted on their front hooves and kicked the wall with all the might they could muster into their rear legs. They then sprung out of the way as the third line charged headfirst into it, and shattered the mighty barrier as they bulldozed right through it. A mighty cry of victory rang out from their ranks.

Just beyond the wall, Zero saw that the Giraffe's camp was in utter chaos. He saw tents all over the place that were scattered, torn, and in many cases, on fire. He saw groups of giraffe battling one another and he saw, caught up in their civil war, several hunters attempting to escape the madness. It was utter chaos and madness, and it filled him with unbridled joy, and hunger!

The cow army suddenly separated down the middle, and Fleece himself began screaming “split down the middle! SPLIT DOWN THE MIDDLE!” Not one to question the madness of combat, he dove to the side just as several salvos of dark energy blew past the ranks, and smashed directly into the camp. He looked up in time to see a massive sphere of dark energy fly through the wall, large enough to hold a house, and explode in the ranks of their foes. When the dust cleared, there was nothing where the bast had hit. “CHAAAAARGE!” Fleece cried, and the combined army surged into the trap that was once the giraffe’s fortress.

And that was the last thing Zero remembered before everything went dark...

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Second of the three (and another double post :oops:):

The Battle of Unruliness
Part Four
The Coldest of Calculations​
5,742 (+/- 3) giraffe. 2,396 cows and bulls. Roughly 970 sheep with an average of 2 or 3 sheepdogs apiece, making for about 2,500 sheepdogs, with about 1/3rd of them being full adults, plus one large unidentified ally. 523 Longma, and the Dark Ones numbered 23.

By numbers, they had the advantage. By experience, the giraffe had advantage. The most effective tactic would be: Set the wall ablaze and to keep it guarded with a rotating shift of troops until it collapsed. Vacate the collapsed portion of the wall to allow the Dark Ones to fire preliminary shots. Clear debris to allow Cattlekind to enter. Create second hole to give giraffe 'escape' route. Station sheep at escape route to intercept fleeing giraffe. Also: try to destroy or capture as many hunters as possible.

An Hongse nodded to himself as he glided silently through the air. This plan should work. It was a fair bit different then the plan he had drafted for the council, but that was because he had not counted on the giraffe having fortified themselves. Rather, he had expected to encounter an enemy that would be mobile. He had expected a more open and spread-out battlefield, rather than the enemy marching into The Prairie and setting up a fortress. No matter. So long as victory came, the details mattered little.

He looked down at his troops. 522 Longma, all ready to take flight at a moment's notice. He felt a bit of pride at that fact, but only a small amount, for letting himself feel too much would only interfere with his ability to think clearly. Right now he had to keep an eye on both forces and think about how to best utilize the troops available.

A brief glimmer of annoyance shot through him as he thought upon the meeting only one week prior. They had finally decided to come to the aid of the Cattlekind, and to combine their forces to push back the invaders. However, the council had chosen Prime Minister Fleece to head the offensive. A fact that had bothered him greatly, for The Prime Minister of the Sheep had (as far as he was aware) no combat experience or training. His own pride aside, it simply didn't make any tactical sense. Why had they chosen Fleece over him? He had the training and the experience that the Prime Minister of the Sheep lacked.

He shook his head. No matter. The charge would come soon enough. He had only to wait and watch until everyone was in position. Naturally, his forces were the first to arrive, though it was to his surprise that the Cattlekind and then the sheep showed up not a moment later. It was the Dark Ones who showed up at least somewhat close to on time, though still rather early.

His thoughts were interrupted by sudden movement out of the corner of his eye. He turned his head once more to the enemy camp that lay far below. He saw several giraffe begin running about, following what he presumed were their commanders. He saw one group collapse the tent of another giraffe, and set it ablaze. A moment later, the occupant escaped and was ambushed by its own kind. Soon after, another troop of giraffes attacked the fortified tent of what he presumed was a high-ranking commander (judging by the number of guards in front of it).

Finally, he saw a whole squad of what must have been nearly 300 giraffe surround, and begin to lay siege to, the giant tent in the center. It was right about then that most of the camp began to collapse into chaos. He saw several platoons running about, doing what they could to reestablish order. The normal solders of these rebellious factions were easy enough to stop, but their leaders fought with a savagery and ferocity that only a…

THOSE MONSTERS! He nearly roared as a torrent of rage filled him. Why hadn't he seen this coming? Of course those traitorous beasts would try to gain more followers! He paused a moment, and shoved the anger out of his mind. The time for vengeance would come later. While the giraffe were his foe, they were still fellow ungulates, and the idea of the hunters turning even one of them to their side was unforgivable.

Pushing that thought aside, he realized that this changed a few things. This would allow for his troops to focus more on offense than defense. Now that he thought on it, they would have to. There was no way they could allow them to increase their numbers. Thus, he would have to use his troops to not only attack the giraffe, but to hunt down and reduce the number of the hunters.

He flew to the ground and signaled a private over to his side. “Tell Prime Minister Fleece that the army of the Giraffe-folk have begun fighting itself, and to ask what his orders are.” The young private saluted, and ran off at full speed.

It didn't take long for the news to return. “He says that we're to focus on any specific targets we deem necessary and to leave the defense of the ranks to the Sheep, and to leave the wall to the Cattlekind!”

An Hongse nodded. This made everything easier. He turned to his troops and shouted a simple command: “Begin Operation: Firestorm!” He ignited his fire, and shot into the sky. Not a second later, his entire division ascended and moved into formation behind him. Then, as one, they turned to the camp and unleashed an inferno into the sky. The fire filled the air, and wrapped itself around the entire armada, encasing them in one giant fireball. Now surrounded by flames, he pointed a hoof at the camp, and led the charge…

I figure that each faction provided the numbers they could for the conflict in question, and the numbers listed are not the full rank of the listed factions. That said, I figure that since Huoshan is a small empire, they would fall under the 'few in number, but each is powerful' idea. The Cattlekind would have higher numbers as well as the sheep since, as far as we know, they don't necessarily have a dedicated fighting force. As for the Dark Side and only having 23? Again, that's only the number that could come. However, given the nature of their demonic pacts, I figured that they would be even fewer then the longma, but pack more punch pound for pound. That's not to say that each pact maker is more powerful then 7-10 or however many longma combined. Rather, it's to say that pact-maker X most likely has more raw power then stand-alone Private Y of the longma. Though, I suppose that would depend on the pact-making ungulate and their deamon, and the longma who's being compared to them! :p

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

The Battle of Unruliness
Part Four
5,742 (+/- 3) giraffe. 2,396 cows and bulls. Roughly 970 sheep with an average of 2 or 3 sheepdogs apiece, making for about 2,500 sheepdogs, with about 1/3rd of them being full adults, plus one large unidentified ally. 523 Longma, and the Dark Ones numbered 23.

By numbers, they had the advantage. By experience, the giraffe had advantage. The most effective tactic would be: Set the wall ablaze and to keep it guarded with a rotating shift of troops until it collapsed. Vacate the collapsed portion of the wall to allow the Dark Ones to fire preliminary shots. Clear debris to allow Cattlekind to enter. Create second hole to give giraffe 'escape' route. Station sheep at escape route to intercept fleeing giraffe. Also: try to destroy or capture as many hunters as possible.

An Hongse nodded to himself as he glided silently through the air. This plan should work. It was a fair bit different then the plan he had drafted for the council, but that was because he had not counted on the giraffe having fortified themselves. Rather, he had expected to encounter an enemy that would be mobile. He had expected a more open and spread-out battlefield, rather than the enemy marching into The Prairie and setting up a fortress. No matter. So long as victory came, the details mattered little.

He looked down at his troops. 522 Longma, all ready to take flight at a moment's notice. He felt a bit of pride at that fact, but only a small amount, for letting himself feel too much would only interfere with his ability to think clearly. Right now he had to keep an eye on both forces and think about how to best utilize the troops available.

A brief glimmer of annoyance shot through him as he thought upon the meeting only one week prior. They had finally decided to come to the aid of the Cattlekind, and to combine their forces to push back the invaders. However, the council had chosen Prime Minister Fleece to head the offensive. A fact that had bothered him greatly, for The Prime Minister of the Sheep had (as far as he was aware) no combat experience or training. His own pride aside, it simply didn't make any tactical sense. Why had they chosen Fleece over him? He had the training and the experience that the Prime Minister of the Sheep lacked.

He shook his head. No matter. The charge would come soon enough. He had only to wait and watch until everyone was in position. Naturally, his forces were the first to arrive, though it was to his surprise that the Cattlekind and then the sheep showed up not a moment later. It was the Dark Ones who showed up at least somewhat close to on time, though still rather early.

His thoughts were interrupted by sudden movement out of the corner of his eye. He turned his head once more to the enemy camp that lay far below. He saw several giraffe begin running about, following what he presumed were their commanders. He saw one group collapse the tent of another giraffe, and set it ablaze. A moment later, the occupant escaped and was ambushed by its own kind. Soon after, another troop of giraffes attacked the fortified tent of what he presumed was a high-ranking commander (judging by the number of guards in front of it).

Finally, he saw a whole squad of what must have been nearly 300 giraffe surround, and begin to lay siege to, the giant tent in the center. It was right about then that most of the camp began to collapse into chaos. He saw several platoons running about, doing what they could to reestablish order. The normal solders of these rebellious factions were easy enough to stop, but their leaders fought with a savagery and ferocity that only a…

THOSE MONSTERS! He nearly roared as a torrent of rage filled him. Why hadn't he seen this coming? Of course those traitorous beasts would try to gain more followers! He paused a moment, and shoved the anger out of his mind. The time for vengeance would come later. While the giraffe were his foe, they were still fellow ungulates, and the idea of the hunters turning even one of them to their side was unforgivable.

Pushing that thought aside, he realized that this changed a few things. This would allow for his troops to focus more on offense than defense. Now that he thought on it, they would have to. There was no way they could allow them to increase their numbers. Thus, he would have to use his troops to not only attack the giraffe, but to hunt down and reduce the number of the hunters.

He flew to the ground and signaled a private over to his side. “Tell Prime Minister Fleece that the army of the Giraffe-folk have begun fighting itself, and to ask what his orders are.” The young private saluted, and ran off at full speed.

It didn't take long for the news to return. “He says that we're to focus on any specific targets we deem necessary and to leave the defense of the ranks to the Sheep, and to leave the wall to the Cattlekind!”

An Hongse nodded. This made everything easier. He turned to his troops and shouted a simple command: “Begin Operation: Firestorm!” He ignited his fire, and shot into the sky. Not a second later, his entire division ascended and moved into formation behind him. Then, as one, they turned to the camp and unleashed an inferno into the sky. The fire filled the air, and wrapped itself around the entire armada, encasing them in one giant fireball. Now surrounded by flames, he pointed a hoof at the camp, and led the charge…

I figure that each faction provided the numbers they could for the conflict in question, and the numbers listed are not the full rank of the listed factions. That said, I figure that since Huoshan is a small empire, they would fall under the 'few in number, but each is powerful' idea. The Cattlekind would have higher numbers as well as the sheep since, as far as we know, they don't necessarily have a dedicated fighting force. As for the Dark Side and only having 23? Again, that's only the number that could come. However, given the nature of their demonic pacts, I figured that they would be even fewer then the longma, but pack more punch pound for pound. That's not to say that each pact maker is more powerful then 7-10 or however many longma combined. Rather, it's to say that pact-maker X most likely has more raw power then stand-alone Private Y of the longma. Though, I suppose that would depend on the pact-making ungulate and their deamon, and the longma who's being compared to them! :p
OOC: Niiiiice. I like how you took my suggestions, keeping true to the letter of my word while spinning in your own flavor and embellishing a little. You are definitely a high quality writer and I am glad the writing of this arc is in your capable hands. Also I want to save you from the threat of a triple post :D Can't wait for the next installment.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council

The Battle of Unruliness
Part Four

OOC: I love the plus or minus 3 giraffe, as if it's even important to note :p
Great so far OC, keep it up so that we can see this tale unfold.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
OOC: Niiiiice. I like how you took my suggestions, keeping true to the letter of my word while spinning in your own flavor and embellishing a little. You are definitely a high quality writer and I am glad the writing of this arc is in your capable hands. Also I want to save you from the threat of a triple post :D Can't wait for the next installment.
OOC: I love the plus or minus 3 giraffe, as if it's even important to note :p
Great so far OC, keep it up so that we can see this tale unfold.
Dawww, thanks. :)

That said, have have the third one:

The Battle of Unruliness
Part Five
The Soldiers of Shadow​
“Remember Weylen, this is the perfect chance to finally show everyone else that we can be trusted, and that darkness is not a thing to be feared, but embraced!” Zeel nodded his massive horned head. Being a ram, his horns and wool (black, save with streaks of what little white remained after his pact) made him look larger then he was, though he never attempted to use that fact to boast or intimidate anyone. It was a fact that Weylen, escapee from the hold, respected. For as long as he had known Zeel, he had always treated everyone who had joined him as equals, and with respect. In fact, Zeel was one of the first ungulates that he had ever met who didn't run from him or harbor hatred in his eyes, or insanity. Not only that, when the United Foenum Council had formed and called for representatives, Zeel had chosen him to represent all who had embraced the Dark.

Weylen understood well the responsibilities that lay on his shoulders, as well as the difficulty of them. Not only was it up to him to show the other races of Foenum the truth of his leader's words, but to show them the error in locking away the predators in the first place. Hunger was not evil, nor was their desire to hunt. What was evil, was the monster that turned their hunger into bloodlust. He would know, for he himself was a predator, and knew firstpaw the evil that monster wrought upon the minds of his kin. Yes, he hungered for the flesh of others, but he knew that was only natural. And he need not hunt and eat the flesh of ungulates. No, there were other things that he could eat, and other ways that prey and predator could coexist. Just as light and dark could, no, should coexist. His leader preached an existence of peace and understanding. Thus was the reason he followed him.

Thus was the reason he went to battle for them.

He looked about the two dozen or so kindred spirits who had come with him. Compared to the numbers of the other armies, they were tiny. Almost not even worth notice. Though notice the others did. No one dared approach the group. They could see clearly in the eyes of the others everything from distrust, to hatred, to fear. But it mattered little to them now, for Zeel was right. This was indeed the perfect opportunity to show them all that the dark was not to be feared, or hated. For one thing, they had answered the call to arms (much to the surprise of some), and came willing to help their kin. Of the armies present, they were the only ones who's ranks included members of nearly every race present, and even a few that were absent. Indeed, it was here, amongst them, that he finally felt acceptance.

“So, we gonna kill something already or what?” a voice suddenly rang in his head.

“No, Blue. No we are not. There will be no killing today, not if I can help it.” Weylen said, turning his head towards the camp.

“Really? You guys have enough power to smash this whole battlefield flat, and you don't want to kill a single thing?” Blue's tone was not happy. Then again, if it was up to her, she would just as soon go on a mindless rampage and destroy just about everything in sight. “Honestly, you really think you can do this whole happy 'coexistence' nonsense?” a blue flame materialized in the air in front of him, that then shifted to the flaming skull of a fox. “You EAT them! They BANISHED my kin because they were scared! Granted, I gotta give that prophet of theirs props. I mean, it ain’t your everyday ungulate that can do something that powerful. But honestly, do you really think that you can magically convince everyone that you're not gonna sink your teeth into them? I mean, think about it, what's gonna happen the moment that door is open? What's gonna happen the moment all of those trapped predators get free? I can tell ya what's NOT gonna happen: Peace and love!”

Weylen shook his head. “You're wrong. Yes, they will be hungry, yes they will be mad, but that's not because of their instincts! It's because of that monster that's twisted their minds! Yes, once the door opens there will be chaos, but if we destroy the very thing that drives their madness, then they will be free from its control! Then we can establish the peace that we've-”

“-you, I want nothing to do with this.” Blue rolled her eyes.

“-been working for.” he finished, unphased by her interruption.

“What? They'll think that every-single-predator can be nice just because a single lynx, who's made a pact with a demon, didn't eat a kid or two? Do you really think that you can change things?” her flames became slightly red as her irritation grew.

“No one thought a single ungulate could banish the predators, but it happened.” he replied calmly.

She sighed. “Fine. Whatever. If you can pull it off, I'll be impressed. Though I know it's impossible. Not only that, I'm kinda looking forward to what's gonna happen when that door's blown off its hinges. Maybe once you see the truth, you'll begin acting like a proper predator.” she turned around and looked towards the camp of the Giraffe-folk. “So, what's the plan again?”

Weylen bit his tongue. While he wanted to snap back at her, this was neither the time nor place. He could feel a build-up of energy in the air, and he could sense that the start of the battle was near. He was not alone, as the others who came with him began turning from their conversations, and towards the camp. “It's simple. They all charge in while we provide covering fire.”

“Sounds like you're being used. I mean, come on, you should be in there, getting your claws dirty!” Blue whipped around and glared at him.

He shook his head. “With the Deerfolk absent, there's no one else who can fill the role-”

“That's a lie and you know it! Those longma over there have fire, FIRE! Do you really think the-”

“They have entrusted us to help in whatever way we can, and this is how we can do it, and this is how we're going to do it! So be silent!” Weylen commanded.

Blue glared at him angrily, then vanished. “Fine. Have it your way. We'll see who gets the last laugh.” her voice echoed in his head as the last wisps of her fire vanished.

He then turned to the others. “Our task is simple. We shall combine much of our magic and barrage the enemy with our power, while the armies that stand before us take the brunt of the battle. We shall show them today that there is nothing to fear from the darkness, and that today that we can be trusted!” he raised a paw high in the air. Several shouts of agreement came in return, and a sudden blinding flash of light filled the sky. “Blue!” he cried, turning once more to face their foe. Blue appeared just above him, ready for his next command. “Everyone!” he bent his head low, then raised it high into the air as dark magic suddenly began coursing through him. It shot from his mouth, open in a silent scream, and from his eyes, now darker then night, into the air directly above him and into Blue. Not far behind him, several others did the same, sending their own energies into the air above just above them. Then Weylen gave the order:

“FIRE!”

Nearly two dozen blasts of dark energy shot forth, many flying into the awaiting skull above his head. It grew into a massive orb that grew until it was too much for him to control. Then, he simply aimed Blue at the fortress, and let her go. Unfortunately for him, Blue had decided to take the both of them along with it...

1. Where is X's/My OC?
The OCs who have been presented thus far were selected by the following criteria: Were they an active representative of one of the factions? Did they post/come up with a part of what their OC did during the battle? If that selection process seems unfair, well, I'll admit, it kinda is. :oops: I mean, what if you wanted to be part of the action, but you didn't get picked by your faction as its rep? Or what if you didn't even know there was a war even going on? What if you were late to the party, and only just now found about it? All valid arguments, if you ask me. And it wasn't my desire to be unfair. Nor is it. That said, I fear that I am at my limit as far as main characters are concerned for this little story. That said, as of writing this, the battle itself is yet unwritten, and if you'd like at least a cameo, hit me up and I'll see what I can do ;)

2. WHEN'S THE ACTUAL BATTLE YOU (insert desired insult here)!?!
The next part, part six (and presumably 7, of not 8 as well) is next on the chopping block (barring a slight distraction that I may, or may not pursue (spoiler: a prologue for the whole affair to explain what the diddly is going on here if a thread for this story is made /spoiler) (and yes, the derp on the spoiler tag was intentional)).

3. Why did you feel the need to even do this little question thing, you pretentious (insert desired noun here)?
Because knowing that if I was in the reverse situation, I would be wondering these very same things myself.

And that's about all the questions I can think of right now.
If you have any, feel free to drop me a line, or ask here ;)

Last edited:

BypenThynDragon

I for one welcom our new ruler Smugdeer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Dawww, thanks. :)

That said, have part three:

The Battle of Unruliness
Part Five
The Soldiers of Shadow​
“Remember Weylen, this is the perfect chance to finally show everyone else that we can be trusted, and that darkness is not a thing to be feared, but embraced!” Zeel nodded his massive horned head. Being a ram, his horns and wool (black, save with streaks of what little white remained after his pact) made him look larger then he was, though he never attempted to use that fact to boast or intimidate anyone. It was a fact that Weylen, escapee from the hold, respected. For as long as he had known Zeel, he had always treated everyone who had joined him as equals, and with respect. In fact, Zeel was one of the first ungulates that he had ever met who didn't run from him or harbor hatred in his eyes, or insanity. Not only that, when the United Foenum Council had formed and called for representatives, Zeel had chosen him to represent all who had embraced the Dark.

Weylen understood well the responsibilities that lay on his shoulders, as well as the difficulty of them. Not only was it up to him to show the other races of Foenum the truth of his leader's words, but to show them the error in locking away the predators in the first place. Hunger was not evil, nor was their desire to hunt. What was evil, was the monster that turned their hunger into bloodlust. He would know, for he himself was a predator, and knew firstpaw the evil that monster wrought upon the minds of his kin. Yes, he hungered for the flesh of others, but he knew that was only natural. And he need not hunt and eat the flesh of ungulates. No, there were other things that he could eat, and other ways that prey and predator could coexist. Just as light and dark could, no, should coexist. His leader preached an existence of peace and understanding. Thus was the reason he followed him.

Thus was the reason he went to battle for them.

He looked about the two dozen or so kindred spirits who had come with him. Compared to the numbers of the other armies, they were tiny. Almost not even worth notice. Though notice the others did. No one dared approach the group. They could see clearly in the eyes of the others everything from distrust, to hatred, to fear. But it mattered little to them now, for Zeel was right. This was indeed the perfect opportunity to show them all that the dark was not to be feared, or hated. For one thing, they had answered the call to arms (much to the surprise of some), and came willing to help their kin. Of the armies present, they were the only ones who's ranks included members of nearly every race present, and even a few that were absent. Indeed, it was here, amongst them, that he finally felt acceptance.

“So, we gonna kill something already or what?” a voice suddenly rang in his head.

“No, Blue. No we are not. There will be no killing today, not if I can help it.” Weylen said, turning his head towards the camp.

“Really? You guys have enough power to smash this whole battlefield flat, and you don't want to kill a single thing?” Blue's tone was not happy. Then again, if it was up to her, she would just as soon go on a mindless rampage and destroy just about everything in sight. “Honestly, you really think you can do this whole happy 'coexistence' nonsense?” a blue flame materialized in the air in front of him, that then shifted to the flaming skull of a fox. “You EAT them! They BANISHED my kin because they were scared! Granted, I gotta give that prophet of theirs props. I mean, it ain’t your everyday ungulate that can do something that powerful. But honestly, do you really think that you can magically convince everyone that you're not gonna sink your teeth into them? I mean, think about it, what's gonna happen the moment that door is open? What's gonna happen the moment all of those trapped predators get free? I can tell ya what's NOT gonna happen: Peace and love!”

Weylen shook his head. “You're wrong. Yes, they will be hungry, yes they will be mad, but that's not because of their instincts! It's because of that monster that's twisted their minds! Yes, once the door opens there will be chaos, but if we destroy the very thing that drives their madness, then they will be free from its control! Then we can establish the peace that we've-”

“-you, I want nothing to do with this.” Blue rolled her eyes.

“-been working for.” he finished, unphased by her interruption.

“What? They'll think that every-single-predator can be nice just because a single lynx, who's made a pact with a demon, didn't eat a kid or two? Do you really think that you can change things?” her flames became slightly red as her irritation grew.

“No one thought a single ungulate could banish the predators, but it happened.” he replied calmly.

She sighed. “Fine. Whatever. If you can pull it off, I'll be impressed. Though I know it's impossible. Not only that, I'm kinda looking forward to what's gonna happen when that door's blown off its hinges. Maybe once you see the truth, you'll begin acting like a proper predator.” she turned around and looked towards the camp of the Giraffe-folk. “So, what's the plan again?”

Weylen bit his tongue. While he wanted to snap back at her, this was neither the time nor place. He could feel a build-up of energy in the air, and he could sense that the start of the battle was near. He was not alone, as the others who came with him began turning from their conversations, and towards the camp. “It's simple. They all charge in while we provide covering fire.”

“Sounds like you're being used. I mean, come on, you should be in there, getting your claws dirty!” Blue whipped around and glared at him.

He shook his head. “With the Deerfolk absent, there's no one else who can fill the role-”

“That's a lie and you know it! Those longma over there have fire, FIRE! Do you really think the-”

“They have entrusted us to help in whatever way we can, and this is how we can do it, and this is how we're going to do it! So be silent!” Weylen commanded.

Blue glared at him angrily, then vanished. “Fine. Have it your way. We'll see who gets the last laugh.” her voice echoed in his head as the last wisps of her fire vanished.

He then turned to the others. “Our task is simple. We shall combine much of our magic and barrage the enemy with our power, while the armies that stand before us take the brunt of the battle. We shall show them today that there is nothing to fear from the darkness, and that today that we can be trusted!” he raised a paw high in the air. Several shouts of agreement came in return, and a sudden blinding flash of light filled the sky. “Blue!” he cried, turning once more to face their foe. Blue appeared just above him, ready for his next command. “Everyone!” he bent his head low, then raised it high into the air as dark magic suddenly began coursing through him. It shot from his mouth, open in a silent scream, and from his eyes, now darker then night, into the air directly above him and into Blue. Not far behind him, several others did the same, sending their own energies into the air above just above them. Then Weylen gave the order:

“FIRE!”

Nearly two dozen blasts of dark energy shot forth, many flying into the awaiting skull above his head. It grew into a massive orb that grew until it was too much for him to control. Then, he simply aimed Blue at the fortress, and let her go. Unfortunately for him, Blue had decided to take the both of them along with it...

1. Where is X's/My OC?
The OCs who have been presented thus far were selected by the following criteria: Were they an active representative of one of the factions? Did they post/come up with a part of what their OC did during the battle? If that selection process seems unfair, well, I'll admit, it kinda is. :oops: I mean, what if you wanted to be part of the action, but you didn't get picked by your faction as its rep? Or what if you didn't even know there was a war even going on? What if you were late to the party, and only just now found about it? All valid arguments, if you ask me. And it wasn't my desire to be unfair. Nor is it. That said, I fear that I am at my limit as far as main characters are concerned for this little story. That said, as of writing this, the battle itself is yet unwritten, and if you'd like at least a cameo, hit me up and I'll see what I can do ;)

2. WHEN'S THE ACTUAL BATTLE YOU (insert desired insult here)!?!
The next part, part six (and presumably 7, of not 8 as well) is next on the chopping block (barring a slight distraction that I may, or may not pursue (spoiler: a prologue for the whole affair to explain what the diddly is going on here if a thread for this story is made /spoiler) (and yes, the derp on the spoiler tag was intentional)).

3. Why did you feel the need to even do this little question thing, you pretentious (insert desired noun here)?
Because knowing that if I was in the reverse situation, I would be wondering these very same things myself.

And that's about all the questions I can think of right now.
If you have any, feel free to drop me a line, or ask here ;)
Just started reading it and I am proud to say my OC was one of the insane ones.
Also great job I'm really enjoying these.
Also I'm perfectly fine with my OC not being in the battle for she is poor when it comes to magic(but great with knifes) and probably joined the Dark Side after the battle

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
I'm also fine with my OC nt being represented since I did not participate in the thing and as a result did not come up with his and his demon's action. It's probably better you didn't include OC without being told what they would do, at the very least I think it's better than having people nag at you because while they are happy to be included "this is totally out of character for my OC they would never do this thing! Modify it. Also they wouldn't say that, they would say this and blah blah blah...". Which remind me I still haven't published my OC's background...

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
:oops:
I'm also fine with my OC nt being represented since I did not participate in the thing and as a result did not come up with his and his demon's action. It's probably better you didn't include OC without being told what they would do, at the very least I think it's better than having people nag at you because while they are happy to be included "this is totally out of character for my OC they would never do this thing! Modify it. Also they wouldn't say that, they would say this and blah blah blah...". Which remind me I still haven't published my OC's background...
Yeah, you said you were EDITING and not writing a new post. Shame man, real shame.
Well! *Clap*
I'll be looking forward to your OC story my Good/SortOfGood friend!

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Southeastern United States
Pardon the interruption, but there have been some changes to the representation of both the Pom Patrol and the Paka Nation. Your fellow representative Zero decided to represent the Paka Nation in the council, and I, CactusPearGamer, formerly the Second-in-Command of the Pom Patrol, have taken his place as what he called the "Rambassador."
That is all. I am here. Hello. Zero is probably going to make his own post. Watch out for that.