Would you watch a TFH television series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarglez93

The best mid tier you'll encounter
Feb 3, 2016
If it is a yes then how many episodes or seasons should it have?
Should it stay with the plot that the game has or start a new one some time before or after it?
What kind of stories would be interesting to know regarding the plot that we know so far from the characters?

Reactions: Lanxide

whitemaskedhero

swordsman
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I feel like they couldn't do much considering they based these characters partially on the mane six.

Lord Gyron

The Lordliest of All Gyrons
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Personally, I could see it. The problem is in most fighting games is the lack of story they have. While the games may have an overarching story, it doesn't often give us the big points of character development. I could see TFH being a sort of Pokemon Origins to the Lawyer Friendly Equines series in a way, though this game has so much to it already, I could see it holding it's own given the proper care and guidance.

SloppyJoe403

Also known as Soctavia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Iowa
Well, if they develop the characters well enough, make a good storyline, and keep a good plot going then I don't see why I wouldn't.

Reactions: sirbacon

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
Yeah I can see it more as a movie rather than an entire series. The story take place as a prequel to the main story explaining the events of what the world was like with predators ruling the lands and the upbringing of the first key holder.

DungeonMiner

A guy who likes to write
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Georgia
without thinking about it too hard, and pointing out the flaws and stuff, heck yes. I love the idea of it being turned into a story like that, visual medium or otherwise. Once you start thinking too hard, then you just smash your own dreams.

Fancy Tickler

Seasoned master of the Kung Fu Grip
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
It's kind of a problem with the format itself. Fighting games don't lend themselves to stories terribly well, unless you're going to dump a ton of dialogue between each fight in arcade mode, or just include a freaking in game movie like Guilty Gear. And even then, a lot of what the games try to do is make characters appealing at a glance. Like, you look at someone's designs and animations, and go okay, I have an idea of that person's personality, now I want to play as them. Then their arcade mode gives you a basic idea of their motivation to get you to stick with them. The problem, then, is that most games end up with a very loose central plot but a whole bunch of different characters with equal relevancy orbiting around it. It gets to a point where it becomes impossible to adapt without it collapsing into a narrative mess.

jodudeit

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Like many others, I doubt it would or even could happen.
That said, if the writing was good, and the animation was up to snuff, and they aimed for general family friendliness in its content, I don't see why it couldn't be good! I'd watch it!

shieldgenerator7

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I'd definitely give it a shot. I'm more interested in its development as a game, but if sometime in the future they decided they wanted to hire a bunch of animators for a TV series then hay yeah I'd give it a try. Especially if Lauren Faust has anything to do with it, it'll probably be a good show

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Probably not since video game base shows or movies usually end up being bad.

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
I dunno if it's really fair to write it off just because it's from a video game or a fighting game. Most attempts at this I assume weren't helmed by someone like Lauren Faust... :p (Not that I'm implying it's a guarantee that's what the case would be, but I mean, it'd make sense, right?)

I think the concept definitely has potential for an episodic story. Following the six characters in equal order, switching perspectives from episode to episode or maybe mid-episode, as they have various adventures, battle predators and occasionally have run-ins amongst themselves, leading to the big showdown in the finale, I'd totally watch that.

Ratwave

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I love "The Book of Lore" so, yes, I would be excited if that TV show becomes a true thing.

It's difficult to make a show from a fighting game, but I think Foenum can handle any type of stories so...

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
The answer to this kind of depends how the plot plays out in-game. If they do something super final and end the storyline with predators, I would be less interested. If they had there be some kind of settlement where the predators still exist in Foenum - even if it's in some Outland place - then buck, yeah!

Either way I would give it a shot though, I think this world has a lot of potential, especially so long as Lauren is involved!

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Video game shows have a history of being terrible, so unless some very talented people were given crative freedom over the show, I wouldn't be particularly excited.

I also feel TFH would make for a better comic the it would a show, but that's just me.

Lord Gyron

The Lordliest of All Gyrons
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Video game shows have a history of being terrible, so unless some very talented people were given crative freedom over the show, I wouldn't be particularly excited.

I also feel TFH would make for a better comic the it would a show, but that's just me.
This, in particular, was discussed several times in the streams during the indiegogo event. While some of us thought a TV show could happen, some of the Mane6 team thought it would more than likely become a comic more than anything before that (despite me thinking it could go show with how much that have imo~ XP).

AirSonance

"My heals are here for you!"
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If this did happen, so long as it doesn't overstay it's welcome and is as well written as we expect the game to be (Lookin' at you, Laruen. No pressure),l I'd be okay with it.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Sure. I wouldn't mind watching that, as long as it knows when to stop. I mean, kind of like a sequelitis thing but with TV, it should stop while it's ahead, rather than drag itself out longer than it needs to be.

Reactions: Lanxide

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I could actually see this working out as a good show, not that I expect it ever to happen.

Yeah, I'd watch it. Especially if the fight scenes were awesomely animated (as they would be, one would expect).

Oreo

Keepin' It Stylish
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
D.M.V. FGC
The story would probably be for an action series. And action series for kids don't seem too popular with the major kids networks nowadays. It would end up getting a cult following and get cancelled halfway through.
I was gonna mention that they rebooted Powerpuff Girls and that's a pretty action oriented franchise, but then I remembered Teen Titans Go! and realized they nullify each others' existence.

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I wouldn't mind an adaptation but I don't it will get one :(

ccg

Grand Pone Watcher
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Philippines
Yes, I wood:rolleyes:, but wood I get attached to it?... maybe:oops:........................................................ nah.:p

FlameRat

A strange alicorn
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
blog.flamerat.org
TFH can really have an animation series since it has it's own backstory. Well, hopefully the show would be direct on stream and region-free, otherwise I might not have a legit way to watch it XD I mean if there is one...

Well, maybe there is some fan made animation, just like the Touhou series? (although I'm not a fan of Touhou)

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I was gonna mention that they rebooted Powerpuff Girls and that's a pretty action oriented franchise, but then I remembered Teen Titans Go! and realized they nullify each others' existence.
The new Justice League series is gonna be pretty action heavy, so there's that as well. Then again, it will only be 11 minutes....It might turn into another TTG situation.

LapinZinski

Fred is best pony
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
France
Considering the whole backstory Lauren is writing about the show, I definitely could see a good series about our angular. However, I don't see it going more than a 22-episodes season, like a regular shonen anime.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Hmmm a series? Maybe if it draws enough money in, it could be a possibility. I mean the devs already have animating experience, the characters are already there, the world would already be built up by a veteran, and so on and so on. A few episode youtube series could be considered. Maybe a 20 min long prequel story?

Reactions: Illusion Melody

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
Cartoons based on games can work, it depends on the story and the people would produce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.