Shipping Thread!

StopShot

But can you poni-poni-poni?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
Shipping! Do you ship any of the Them's Fightin' Herds characters? Is there that one cute piece of artwork you like that you'd want to share? Which two characters do you like to ship the most? This thread is to discuss shipping. c:

(Reminder: please keep pictures and discussion family friendly.)
(P.S. I put this thread here, because shipping is always fan-created.)
Paprika and Velvet.png
Artwork by Evka-Isharma (DA)

StopShot

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
I want to see Velvet and Tianhuo, because one works with ice magic while the other deals a lot with fire. I bet there would be a lot of creativity there with the art you could make from that. ;D

DShou

Tianhuo is Best Longma
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
dshou.deviantart.com
(Velvet is the new Marisa and RD, let's ship her with everyone!)

Just 'cause they're the first two, Arizona and Velvet over here :v!

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Well, I'm not sure I straight up ship them, but I like the Arizona and Velvet pairing. If nothing else, I can imagine Velvet being particularly caring to the seemingly younger Arizona. I can also see Paprika making it her goal to make sure Oleander feels loved and cared for if she learns her backstory (cheerfully not noticing any similarity to herself). Gonna have to reread the prologue.

StopShot

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
It would totally make my day if one of the dev/mods stopped by and suggested any particular ship they would approve/be fond of. I suppose they can't because they wouldn't want to make anything appear canon when its not. >w<

Abbadon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I ship paprika with everyone, Arizona with (Goat Name Placeholder), Tianhuo with Pom, Oleander with Fred and velvet with herself

is that everyone?

Siyray

An Artist he thinks
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
alixnight.deviantart.com
I ship myself with Oleander. . .Also with Velvet

AmbrisOleanderVelvet OT3

Don't juuuuudge meeeeeeeeee
Let the judgement commence!

You are a self-shipper, your sentence is to watch others ship you with anyone else but your OT3.

Just kidding, and just to let people know. I'm not much of a shipper, though I do enjoy reading about them. ^_^

SilentCarto

Literally the Worst
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
As cute as Velvezona is, I get this funny feeling that it's all one-way (unlike a certain, shall we say, "parallel" ship.)
I like Oleander/Tianhuo (Oleanhuo?) though I suspect Fred might object to Oleander acquiring a moral center other than himself.

Last edited:

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
I ship Anukan and Jay.
Can I do that?
I can do that, right?
This went places fast...

It would totally make my day if one of the dev/mods stopped by and suggested any particular ship they would approve/be fond of. I suppose they can't because they wouldn't want to make anything appear canon when its not. >w<
Pretty much. Plus, I'm not really sure if we're even going to touch on any "shipping" within the story mode/lore. Except Blitzen havin' a thing for Velvet, I suppose. That said, I do have at least one ship to sail (don't tell Lauren). Whether it becomes canon at some point remains to be seen.

You know, all this talk of shipping has very little why behind it.
Science Shipping isn't about why. It's about why not!

SilentCarto

Literally the Worst
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
You know, all this talk of shipping has very little why behind it.
We don't really know that much about the characters yet. It's mostly guesswork and extrapolation, even if we assume they can all be friends outside of the whole "beating each other up" thing.

I'm not really sure if we're even going to touch on any "shipping" within the story mode/lore. Except Blitzen havin' a thing for Velvet, I suppose. That said, I do have at least one ship to sail (don't tell Lauren). Whether it becomes canon at some point remains to be seen.
Paprika x Whoever she happens to be looking at OTP.

JedTheKrampus

bad at fighting games
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
USA
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python3

import random

charlist = [ "Arizona", "Velvet", "Paprika", "Oleander", "Pom", "Tianhuo", "Mysterious Goat", "Fred", "Ice Sprites", "Blitz", "Adobo", "Woof", "Ruff", "Tuft", "Puff"]

def main():
    pairing = random.sample(charlist,2)
    print(pairing[0], 'x', pairing[1])

if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()
Go wild, people. (But not too wild.)

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
Forum thread now getting filled with too many text posts and no art content. Please keep the text content to a minimum, or move the topic elsewhere on forums. Thank you!

JedTheKrampus

bad at fighting games
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
USA
Should the subforum be entitled "fan art" then to make it perfectly clear that posting code is frowned upon?

theDartrunner

The One and Only
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canada, Eh?
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python3

import random

charlist = [ "Arizona", "Velvet", "Paprika", "Oleander", "Pom", "Tianhuo", "Mysterious Goat", "Fred", "Ice Sprites", "Blitz", "Adobo", "Woof", "Ruff", "Tuft", "Puff"]

def main():
    pairing = random.sample(charlist,2)
    print(pairing[0], 'x', pairing[1])

if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()

Go wild, people. (But not too wild.)
Damn, its been a while since I have looked at python

Masterweaver

Teller of Tales Bard Of Awesomeness
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Internet
www.fimfiction.net
See, you're assuming they have sinks. Or kitchens.

Let's go down the list. Cows are, primarily, grass-eaters. Of course, they've also been demonstrated to have clothing and various wagons; this might imply that cow society is not a strict extrapolation of real cows. However, the wagons themselves seem to indicate a semi-nomadic lifestyle, eliminating the possibility for a permanent kitchen and by extension a sink. The deer live in cities that are generally created and run by the ice sprites; I expect that while they would HAVE kitchens, very few of the deer would actually enter them to see how they worked, and might associate sinks solely with opulent restrooms. Unicorns, like the deer, have a central living space; however, it is in a magically crafted forest, so a specific 'food preparation place' might not actually exist beyond 'there are fruit here to pick' and their sinks might merely be shaped leaves for rainwater repository. The alpaca, like the cows, are highly nomadic and again do not have the structures necessary for the kitchen or sink; furthermore, theirs is a society based off 'living off the land' and has few frivolities. The sheep... actually have cities, technically, which implies they do have kitchens, but their somewhat ditzy nature would make it hard for them to create and maintain the plumbing necessary for sinks. Our best bet would be the longma, who at the very least have armor and an empire; even then, their high temprature home would make it difficult to create plumbing, though not impossible.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Forum thread now getting filled with too many text posts and no art content. Please keep the text content to a minimum, or move the topic elsewhere on forums. Thank you!
Would it be possible then to create a section for Text based contributions? The idea was proposed that not only could we disscuss ideas about the world and world building there, but have threads like these, or threads dedicated to different fanfictions that we might wish to write (as not all of us can provide links for what we write).

Firekirby

Star Warrior
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hotter than heck, FL
discord.gg
I'm confused. How is text not art? Especially in this specific thread?
It's not that text can't be art, it's that Discussion over content is not, in and of itself, content. (at least, not inherently)
In other words, if this thread were filled with short fanfictions about certain pairings, then it would probably be more acceptable as far as a fan creations section is concerned. But it isn't, it's a thread discussing different character ships, which would probably be more fitting in the discussion section.