Question & Answer

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Hard to say. I mean, the devteam is called Mane6, and their foundational fanbase came from 'that which must not be named'. But, like the graceful, beautiful phoenix
--they went down in flames ...and rose from the ashes even better than before!
Now, there is no denying that the game will always have a faint whiff of a familiar Faustian creation. But, it is it's own beast and I think that in time it will (hopefully) overshadow any preconceived stigma it may (or may not) have have.

I think that, this game will have something like ...a proverbial 'buff' to it that makes it about 20% more appealing to bronies (as well as a +5 armour boost). If that makes sense?
As has been discussed around the boards, like any indie game, it's gonna take some effort to get randoms on board.

...What did you have for dinner last night?

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Well, that is the quesiton, isn't it? I work nights, so I eat different meals at different times of my own 'day'. For example, the supper from last night, I haven't eaten it yet (and don't even know what it is) because I was full from the last meal I had yesterday, which was a big serving of poutine and a chocolate milkshake.

What is something movies (or games) get wrong on a regular basis?

Reactions: Talen-Jei and Tox

Talen-Jei

Gureato Daze
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Louisiana
How comas work. You don't just wake up all hunky-dory and ready to be part of the story again. Your muscles deteriorate, they begin to atrophy. Hell, you'll even have cases where you "wake up," but are still in a coma. When you actually awaken, you'll pretty much have to re-teach yourself basic human functions, like walk and eat. Also, you'll look like a husk of your former self.

In your opinion, what was your best day ever?

Talen-Jei

Gureato Daze
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
Louisiana
Probably the very first time I won a Smash Bros Tournament. It was not long after Corrin and Bayonetta were released. I played mainly Little Mac and Cloud. I made it to the winner's finals before being sent to the Loser's Bracket after I lost to a Samus player. In that winner's final, I stuck to Cloud, and promptly got rekt. When I went to the Loser's Bracket, the match was a Little Mac ditto match. That one got intense, but I pulled through, sending me to the Grand Finals.

My opponent was the very person that I lost to earlier. This time, I went all out as Mac, and in order for me to win it all, I had to win 2 sets of best 3 out of , as per standard tourney rules. I won the first set 2-1. Second set comes in, I ended up winning a VERY close match, earning me the victory for the entire thing. What made that last match super hype was that not only was it insanely close, the final hit that ended the match, and the tourney as a whole... was a KO Punch.

It made it all the better, as I was actually a last-minute entry, and the tournament organizer thought was gonna be out in the first round before the thing started. Also, they said my Little Mac was like a predator hunting prey... relentless.

Extended the same question again, what was your hypest moment in a game?

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
This is really true and I think I still have the replay to prove it. The first time I ever went on an online match in a fighting game was a win for me. I was playing the first BlazBlue game on the PS3 I had recently got to a point where I felt confident in my ability enough to not get owned by my opponent. At the time the only character I played was Tao and I was pretty good... at... spamming. Yeah. I waited for a long time for somebody to join and finally somebody joined and they selected Jin. I hated Jin. I lost to him a lot in the arcade mode on harder difficulties. but I managed to beat him. He was pretty good too. He had some pretty good combos when I wasn't hitting him. after all of that I had to save the replay. As far as I can remember that was the very first time I played a fighting game online excluding SSBB (which I don't count but others might).

and because I essentially answered my own question I will also extend the same question.
What was your hypest moment in a game?

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
I would be a CGI character voiced by Dee Bradley Baker (voice of Appa from ATLA & Ras Al Gul Batman:Arkham city).

Undertale: yay or neiiigghhhh? (Bonus points for justification)

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Neigh. Because I don't believe in no wimpy pacifist runs.

Are you afraid?

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Easter a few years ago, I was deathly ill. I played a lot of Gran Turismo 4.

Do you think that the Mane6 could get TFH on the Nintendo Switch?

Reactions: Tox

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
No. Becaue Nintendo is the devil, and they don't deserve to have good games on their system. That way, hopefully they'll die faster.

Mohawk or Mullet?

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
The soundtrack for my favorite movie Arashi no yoru ni

It what got me to realize how beautiful music can be and it what got me interested in it. Sadly I never went anywhere with it.

You?

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
As Daylight Dies by Killswitch Engage.

It came about in a critical time in my life, spoke to me on very deep levels and is what got me into music and into playing the drums. Still kicks ass to this day ^.^

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness (that's a mouthful) by Coheed and Cambria
is a close second. It is just one great big banger start to finish.

Do ya like Jazz?

Reactions: Lanxide

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
I don't listen to enough to fully develop an honest opinion on it but so far it's not all bad. I remember constantly listening to Moody Goddess years ago and one of my favorite jazz songs despite it being the only jazz song I listen to.

You have a chance to create a song for TFH, what genre would you pick?

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Something dark and stirring with an edge like a knife. It'd feature a nice interlude/bridge with a string section and brass section. It would be irresistibly funky goodness!

If you could master any skill what would it be?

Reactions: Lanxide

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Professional Recorded playing. It's a skill thus far mastered by none.

Your number one skill?

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Even though I'm not perfect I would say my "number one skill" is Dance Dance Revolution and similar rhythm based games. But if I were to take this as to mean my most important skill instead of most developed I would say it is my ability to exercise restraint. (I know, boring)

If you could spend a day with any of your heroes who would you spend it with?

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Ms Fortune from Skullgirls. She's not really a 'hero', but I reckon runnin up and down the city burglarising people and shooting lame puns would make for a pretty fun time :)

What is your ideal superpower?

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Reality manipulation. Time-space alteration. All is spacetime, thus a power revolving around it would be godly. Matter creation/destruction that disregards conservation or thermodynamics laws would be similarly godly. For more 'mundane' powers, I suppose mastery over teleportation (via rifts), or the electromagnetic spectrum would be pretty frikken sweet too.

You have one wish, but are warned that if you get too greedy, you get nothing. 'Greedy' is vague intentionally. How risky do you get?

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
I want to be able to move to countries. Alternatively, I'd like a pair of wings. Alternatively #2, I'd like be a competent adultman.

Are any of those too greedy?

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Nahhhh, they are comparatively tame. Though the last one might result in some not inconsiderable changes to your psyche, which would effectively mean 'you' die.

Wonders about the death of the self by way of fantasy or sci-fi tropes and tools (I.E. Star Trek Transporter)?

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
It hasn't really crossed my mind. Getting bifurcated by some kinda glitchy teleporter would suck though.

Do you know anybody who was born in a leap year? (if yes) How old are they?

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Well enough. I doubt they'll become a household name, like Street Fighter, but maybe a well known niche fighter like Skullgirls. I can see them doing well enough to make a follow-up title, and maybe expanding into some other genre.

Would like to see what Mane6 could do with other genres?

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
I tried to open a door with my foot and ended up kicking trough reinforced glass. You know that stuff with the wire in it. I say that was probably my most expensive mistake but I never lost anything so I have no idea if that counts.

What technology do you want to improve greatly over the next 5 years?