Purchase the game?

Soulyman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 3, 2017
I was a kickstarter and got a digital copy of the game in early access. I haven't played for a while and after I saw the game on steam I got a message saying I must buy the game to play it again.
Was it always like this, where kickstarters had to buy the game again after release?

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
It appears you backed at $40+ plus and therefore had a beta key. The beta was rescinded shortly before the official EA release on February 22nd. In its place, you were given a full retail key, that's sitting in your BackerKit rewards right now. The devs sent an email through Indiegogo explaining all of this shortly before it happened.

So no, you don't need to buy the game again. Go get your retail key and enter it into Steam, and the game is yours. Hell, it's still on your hard drive right now, technically, the retail key is just gonna unlock it again, replacing the rescinded beta key.

Soulyman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 3, 2017
Thank you! I did read that email, it must have confused me during the business of the day.
I'll be doing that immediately. :)

indie_animator

Mar 10, 2018
Bay Area, CA
tangerinepop.com
I would really like to buy the game, but don't have Steam. I'm a weekend PSN player.
Anyone else not have Steam?
I'm a longtime supporter of Skullgirls & their forums (Skullheart).
Love that an indie 2D game company (Mane6) has made this amazing game & hope it does well.

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
I would really like to buy the game, but don't have Steam. I'm a weekend PSN player.
Anyone else not have Steam?
I'm a longtime supporter of Skullgirls & their forums (Skullheart).
Love that an indie 2D game company (Mane6) has made this amazing game & hope it does well.
Idk if it links you back to it or not, but it's on Humble's site for purchase as well.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Idk if it links you back to it or not, but it's on Humble's site for purchase as well.
That's just to get it on Steam, though.

It's only available on Steam for now. Console releases in the future are possible, but it's gonna be a while!