FFXIV - Heavensward

KShrike

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Ahh, we need one of these threads, don't we?

I'm on Leviathan myself. Even though 3.0-3.15 has been awful for Pally, I still love it. Currently focused on getting Dark Knight to 60 so I can have all 3 tanks ready for Midas savage.
I play it on the casual and hardcore side, I enjoy all the different playstyles all the jobs have to offer (currently my favorite is monk, and he's at 38... along with Bard, Machinist, and Ninja, lol)

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Ayyyyy, some XIV let's go.

Recently got back into it after failing to find people to play with the first time, currently leveling a PLD because tanking is my favourite role in an MMO. I'm on Malboro myself, think I'm 51 right now. Not looking forward to the 100 quest Heavensward rush.

We're Saber up in here.

Reactions: KShrike

Met

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Lvl 54 Shiva based WHM reporting in. Got a 30 Paladin in reserve and slowly levelling a lancer to cover all roles since I don't really like BLM from what I saw gunning for Swiftcast.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Ayyyyy, some XIV let's go.

Recently got back into it after failing to find people to play with the first time, currently leveling a PLD because tanking is my favourite role in an MMO. I'm on Malboro myself, think I'm 51 right now. Not looking forward to the 100 quest Heavensward rush.

We're Saber up in here.
Saber is best waifu.

Met

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
That's not Tataru.

Not only is she best girl she is also horribly handicapped in this contest by being a dirty potato.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
That's not Tataru.
See, now this is an answer. Tataru is easily my favourite character, any time I walk by her I just end up yelling "TATARUUUU" and generally making Hiro hate me. Good times.

Quite unfortunate that we're all on different servers though, It'd be nice to grab a bunch of people from the forums and put them into my FC to make it bigger.

KShrike

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
The one thing I was absolutely surprised about in the story quest for patch 3.1 was the lack of Tataru fan service.

... because seriously, am I wrong, or was there a Tataru fanservice MSQ in literally every patch?

Met

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I only got into it recently and I'm approaching the 3.0 stuff (they're on patch 3.1). Granted, I'm a huge loser and probably have more free time dedicated to it than most, but it's not too hard to catch up if you just keep at it.

KShrike

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Don't worry about catching up. The MSQ is part of the game. Enjoy that at your own pace.

If you're worried about endgame, there's plenty of mechanics that allow you to get relevant gear very quickly.

For example, the tomestones that you can get through low level roulette will allow you to get i170 (and later, in 3.2, i200) gear easily. And later, when you unlock other dungeons, raids, etc. at 60 you will have many ways to catch up.

Sure, you won't get i210 (or i230 or whatever they cap it to be in 3.2) the moment you hit 60, but if you really want to compete with your peers, you can always set yourself up so that in the next patch you can fairly compete.

retroG

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I just started playing about a month ago on Gilgamesh. I started out leveling Archer, but once I got to Bard it was just kinda meh. Now I'm switching to a healer. How do all of them compare right now?

KShrike

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
All of what? Healers? The jobs?

They're all pretty balanced currently. There's some complaints, but they're only really savage raiding related.

Don't give up hope on bard, that lull in rotation change (or lack of it) gets really bad from 20-40, but it gets so much better once you get the trait that resets bloodletter.

retroG

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
All of what? Healers? The jobs?

They're all pretty balanced currently. There's some complaints, but they're only really savage raiding related.

Don't give up hope on bard, that lull in rotation change (or lack of it) gets really bad from 20-40, but it gets so much better once you get the trait that resets bloodletter.
Sorry I wasn't very clear :p I meant the healers

and yeah the complete lack of change between archer and bard just kinda killed me

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Let me tell you, having 2 bards in a dungeon was the most ridiculous DPS I've seen in some time. I second the statement of not giving up on the Bard. They are crazy.

KShrike

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Sorry I wasn't very clear :p I meant the healers

and yeah the complete lack of change between archer and bard just kinda killed me
They are balanced. I could give you a rundown of what it is they do.

White Mages are the typical MMO healers who focus on effective healing (and DPSing when their healing is so baller that they have a few extra GCD's to do whatever the heck they want before they have to heal again). They are effective at repairing damage.

Scholars are barrier healers. They will put shields on people that prevent damage, as well as healing. They are effective at preventing damage.

Astros do either of the two (to a lesser extent) but also draw cards that buff the party. Your dragoon will absolutely love you if you draw the balance card and give it to them. edit: I should note you gotta get into the Heavensward questline before you can get an astrologian.

Let me tell you, having 2 bards in a dungeon was the most ridiculous DPS I've seen in some time. I second the statement of not giving up on the Bard. They are crazy.
All of the classes have something to like about them. Bards are the ranged bursty crit class that also carries healers by providing them with mana when they overheal, or provides black mages and summoners with an amazing magic resist down debuff that improves their damage. You become the class everyone loves. But I understand if you want to play another class.

I'm a bit of an alt-itus freak who has every job above 38 with a few at 50 or 60

Last edited:

Nameless_One

Altruistic Seeker Goat
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I tend to play this game from time to time. While I use a level 50+ tank, I can't really do any of the party content. Wireless internet + bad phone lines = lag and frequent lost connection. Due to that, I usually hang out in the start of the game area and help new players.

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
AST main checking in :^)

I really need to get back into FF14, started playing other things just before 3.1 hit, i want that AST anima weapon ;-;

Klisk

Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
New Jersey
I played FFXI for 9 years, and while I tried (3 times) to get into ARR, it just pales in comparison for me. FFXI's difficulty made me want to keep going, while XIV kind of just bored me. Oh, and Mithra are better than Miqo'te. Seriously though, I've actually been playing Blade and Soul lately, so I really shouldn't talk much myself.

snowyblitz

The poofiest of ponies.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I played FFXIV Heavensward until about September. I was disappointed by the severe lack of content after the expansion came out and got bored of trying to find a group for Alexander Savage. I mained a Dragonlady Monk (Can't recall their name) I started the game as a Hyur named Alister Crowley then became a female during the early access to HW.

KShrike

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
My last tank is almost 60.

The trifecta of tanking, Dark Knight, Paladin, Warrior.

Soooo very ready for 3.2 :D

Milk

Possibly drinkable?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 8, 2016
MI
NIN main on Hyperion checking in~
Hype af for Midas. Planning on jumping into Savage /asap/.
(Or at least as soon as I finish NM for some minor gear upgrades.)

This is my little-lady

LLHero25

Master of Illogical Logic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Bowie, MD
Just started earlier this month. My first MMO ever. Right now I'm a level 44 BLM. A little personal goal of mine is to get my relic weapon before my month long trial runs out. I'm on the Behemoth server.

JiiKoo

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
WVR WHM main from Moogle here. Had I known Moogle was the "unofficial French server" when I started I might be elsewhere, but eh, it's been nice. Just hit 60 yesterday but I'm waiting on finishing the "Heavensward" quest until 3.2 hits. All those delicious, delicious Esoterics instead of Laws for first time bonus ♥

Thankfully(?) there's still work to be done on leveling my crafters and gatherers before next week.

Just started earlier this month. My first MMO ever. Right now I'm a level 44 BLM. A little personal goal of mine is to get my relic weapon before my month long trial runs out. I'm on the Behemoth server.
Relic as in the level 50 relic or the level 60 relic? Either way, if you do manage to pull that off with whatever time you have left of that month you've more than earned it! I can't even imagine...
How have you been liking the game so far, then? That is, assuming you've had time to enjoy it from all the leveling~

KShrike

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Comm: Shrike the Paladin
I was planning on making other commissions for my OC being the other jobs, but I'm waiting a bit on doing so.
I know this isn't technically a pony thread, but thought you'd appreciate this paladin pony.
Left2fail is amazing btw.

LLHero25

Master of Illogical Logic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Bowie, MD
Relic as in the level 50 relic or the level 60 relic? Either way, if you do manage to pull that off with whatever time you have left of that month you've more than earned it! I can't even imagine...
How have you been liking the game so far, then? That is, assuming you've had time to enjoy it from all the leveling~
My Level 50 Relic Weapon. Level 60 would be a bit crazy for me lol. I've enjoying it quite a lot actually. Eorzea is huge and breathtaking so it's really enjoyable to run around. I jumped to 47 today with 9 days left so its still possible if I'm consistent. Wish me luck against the Hard Primals. I'm gonna need it. :D