13 Years (A Story)

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
13 Years is an action/adventure story chronicling the adventures of Oleander and Fred (FHTNG) in the years between the end of Oleander's lore chapter, and the present-day Foenum, as well as that of a few other characters.
My hope is that this will provide those interested in the lore/story aspect of the game something to chew on for the months of waiting ahead of us. Any and all feebdack is welcome, I'd love to hear what you think!

Rating: I don't know. Some violence.

This story does still exist! I really do intend to finish it someday, and would love to keep it updated somewhat frequently. We'll see. Anyway chapter two is posted!
13 Years (Introduction)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Last edited:

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Hello all! This shall be my first thread on these forums, and - as it happens - my first piece of fanwork ever posted online!

My hope is that this will provide those interested in the lore/story aspect of the game something to chew on for the months of waiting ahead of us. Bear in mind this is only the introduction, and story will be on the long side (if all goes as planned), so be patient if it starts a little slow.

Any and all feebdack is welcome, I'd love to hear what you think! So without further ado...

13 Years
Wow... that was... really GOOD. I mean, your descriptions were detailed and to the point, you set the mood up nicely and let the atmosphere immerse you into it. The transitions were great, I don't think any of it was bad, but then again I'm no writer. BUT from a regular reader, this was FANTASTIC.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Wow... that was... really GOOD. I mean, your descriptions were detailed and to the point, you set the mood up nicely and let the atmosphere immerse you into it. The transitions were great, I don't think any of it was bad, but then again I'm no writer. BUT from a regular reader, this was FANTASTIC.
Thank you very much! Atmosphere was one of my main focuses with this one. Much credit is owed to my awesome mom/editor for smoothing the pacing/transitions. Much appreciate the feebdack and stay posted for more chapters (hopefully soon)!

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Proof-reader, editor, advice-giver. Best mom NA!

Edit: Disclaimer: Velvet, as greatest-and-most-glorious Ungulate shall of a necessity feature a star role in this story.
And to think I always make fanfics all on my own without relying on my parents >.>

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
First, your welcome, I really liked the story and I'll keep an eye out for it. Second, I see nothing wrong with having a parent or relative as a proof reader, as long as they're good at what they do, it's fine by me. And thirdly, Awesome-possum?... never heard that before.

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
I really liked this intro and I shall eagerly wait for more.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
I really liked this intro and I shall eagerly wait for more.
Glad you liked it! I shall do my best to get more out asap.

First, your welcome, I really liked the story and I'll keep an eye out for it. Second, I see nothing wrong with having a parent or relative as a proof reader, as long as they're good at what they do, it's fine by me. And thirdly, Awesome-possum?... never heard that before.
Awesome Possum with EXTERRRA AWESOME! I approve of the possum debate. Also, I appreciate it!

Thanks for all the feebdack guys, it really does mean alot! (Especially about the possums!) I shall work to get the next chapter out soon as I can :)

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Chapter 1 is up! Go meet our glorious Overdeer!

I also added a link in the original post. I experimentally allowed comments this time in Gdocs, will see how it goes! Please leave me your comments and feebdack as usual, and hope you like!

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Chapter 2
Only 10 months later here's an update! Despite appearances, I never abandoned this story. I have and still do intend to continue and hopefully finish it. Unfortunately other things have been higher priority, leaving it woefully unattended, but maybe I can change that soon. This is a start anyway.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Only 10 months, I'm sure we've waited longer for other things.

As for the chalter itself, I liked it. Pretty cow does indeed have a mouth on her, Tyko seems nice (Totally not biased towards Alpacas...), and I like Idaho's inner thoughts, I could agree with him on a few points.

Overall, nice work!