Neat Ideas

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This is a suggestion that was made on TFH's Greenlight page, and I am reposting it. Someone made the suggestion that the number of spectators watching should be indicated by the number of individuals in the background of the stage. Lots of spectators means a full crowd, none at all and you're fighting on an empty street.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
This is a suggestion that was made on TFH's Greenlight page, and I am reposting it. Someone made the suggestion that the number of spectators watching should be indicated by the number of individuals in the background of the stage. Lots of spectators means a full crowd, none at all and you're fighting on an empty street.
If this isn't a thing, it needs to be.

That said, I think that's part of the idea. iirc, I think they showed a bit of that, didn't they?

Nimble Wing

Often Types Too Much
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My house
www.ponychan.net
I want a pallet for each character that is a reference to the pony they were once based on (lavender with blue and pink highlights for Oleander. white coat with purple antlers for Velvet, etc.) I figure this is more practical for some characters than others, but it's still a nice homage that I'd love to see.
Take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt, because about 20 minutes of searching has revealed that I can't find the source for what I'm gonna say. I think it was mentioned alongside information on one of the pledge tiers that allowed you to create a background NPC for the game, but it's been a while since I saw it. And, like I said, I can't find it. They specifically mentioned that, of course, many OCs that they were going to get would be based on FiM. With this in mind, they warned that they might have to edit/change some of them in order to avoid any legal action being taken towards them. I'm fuzzy on this one, but I think they mentioned wanting to stray away from the path of direct FiM references, so as to stay on the more careful side. Given the origin of the project, it's an understandable move. I'm not sure if they mentioned that this would be reflected in palette swaps, but I get the feeling that they were mentioned.
At the same time, though, I would definitely be down for some Lawyer Friendly Equines referential palettes.

Reactions: Nelson
Perhaps to compensate for the smaller roster. What if there were 2v2 or 3v3 gameplay options?

Oh yeah, I'm not just talking just the generic "tag-team" 2v2 or 3v3. I'm talking 2v2 or 3v3 MUGEN/SuperSmashBros style!
(see attachment)

I might be starry eyed, but just think of the replay value, the combo potentials, how much content this could bring to the game!

Attachments

Frogmyre

The one and only Frogmyre
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Somewhere over the rainbow
I know this won't happen but might as well get it off my back. I always want an alternate costume of Pom in a Japanese style gang outfit with a bigger pompadour. I think I did see someone draw a picture like that during TFH stream but I wasn't around to catch it.
And here I was, thinking Josuke had the craziest pompadour. I'm certainly down for this idea!

I think Spideer should make an appearance. Somehow.

Reactions: HealthSword

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Everyone is requesting multiplayer and Pom, stuff, so let me try something different.

What about some kind of Travelling Storyteller character? Some random old man (who is totally not a predator that got cursed™) who will pop up in most places in the story and will regale you with tales, legends and history of the current area you are in. Or just a tourist guide in bigger cities, who can tell about important buildings.

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Everyone is requesting multiplayer and Pom, stuff, so let me try something different.

What about some kind of Travelling Storyteller character? Some random old man (who is totally not a predator that got cursed™) who will pop up in most places in the story and will regale you with tales, legends and history of the current area you are in. Or just a tourist guide in bigger cities, who can tell about important buildings.
As long as you can avoid him if you want.

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
So, let's talk achievements!

All Bets Are Off: Win a match before the spectators can finalize their bets.

Landslide: Win a match with at least 95% of the bets placed on you, and at least ten spectators watching.

Full House: Win eight matches in a row, each with a different character.

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
How about some lobby dicking around achievements?

throw 1000 snowballs?

watch x amount of matches?

things like that i guess...
That would... be really annoying because you'd have people running around throwing snowballs and not leaving you alone because they want the achievement. :U

Reactions: Queezeey

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
"Greener Pastures" [Reach Rank 50 in Ranked Matches]

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
And of course, with all of the harder achievements you should get some kind of accessory to show just how bad...butt you are.

Sans

white★bone dunker
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
We'd all like to play with asses. The DLC after Goat should be aaaalll about asses.
What? Why are you looking at me like that?
It's stats would probably be pretty ass though...

Pompadour

Casual
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Hud skins
My reason for this is to choose something easy to see, but does not ruin my eyes

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Game+, all important words are replaced with "horse". Or something. I'm not clever.

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
All words are replaced with indecipherable horse/cow/etc noises.

Made especially amusing if actual voice acting is to be included in game.
Yes, everyone should make the actual noises from the animal they're based on!

Real roars from an actual Longma!