Do not despair.

Art by Viwrastupr
The Empire Is Strong
The Empire Is Graceful
The Empire Is Fierce
The Empire Is Loving

Follow our captain. Follow into glory.
The Rules Of The Empire are as follows.

1) Tianhuo is the patron of glory and honor.
2) Always speak with great vigor and honesty.
3) Be prepared to show the brightness of your flames and the strength of your scales!
4) Our only true foes are the Dark side and the deranged Hunters.

Last edited:

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Greetings from the nation of Ariz-totzka! my glorious leader Arizona sends her regards. I am fortunate to be visiting such great empire. At least I am being told it is great empire, must be slow day I am thinking?

I make message clear; our nation respect graceful Longma, but do not fear them. We have no bright flames or strong scales but we have sharp horns and powerful hooves.

Last edited:

Masterweaver

Teller of Tales Bard Of Awesomeness
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Internet
www.fimfiction.net
The Empire has remained small and silent. This... cannot be tolerated any longer!

Come my fellows, let us work together. Let us tell the tales of our grandeur! Let all know the Empire remains, to this day, a beacon of hope and glory!

Reactions: SubrosianDimitri

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
The Empire has remained small and silent. This... cannot be tolerated any longer!

Come my fellows, let us work together. Let us tell the tales of our grandeur! Let all know the Empire remains, to this day, a beacon of hope and glory!
Such is the fate of those who take their gift of being the bridge between two groups, and dashes it by shunning both sides of their heritage, calling prey weak and predators vile.

Masterweaver

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Internet
www.fimfiction.net
Such is the fate of those who take their gift of being the bridge between two groups, and dashes it by shunning both sides of their heritage, calling prey weak and predators vile.
So little do you understand us of the Longma. We are forged by the heat of the flame, and so too admire its light. We fight like wildfire, loud and all encompassing; those who are locked away slink in the shadows and hunt in the darkness, concealing their acts. Our buildings are strengthened by the greatest metalsmiths, proud and strong; many of the other races of Foenum have forgotten the very dangers that have been locked away, and given themselves to carelessness.

We respect the alpaca, for their earthen hardiness, and the unicorns for their devotion to light; we respect the forgotten wolves for their familial bond, and the forgotten crocodiles for their hidden secrets. Our respect, however, is tempered with wisdom; we see their strengths and their weaknesses equally. Our great champion herself was once fallen to the dishonor of arrogance; she has risen above her flaws to become something more.

That is the great power of the Longma.

That is the core of the Empire.

To take the weakness of two foes, and by fire and honor forge them into a great strength.

Reactions: Feanor

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
So little do you understand us of the Longma. We are forged by the heat of the flame, and so too admire its light. We fight like wildfire, loud and all encompassing; those who are locked away slink in the shadows and hunt in the darkness, concealing their acts. Our buildings are strengthened by the greatest metalsmiths, proud and strong; many of the other races of Foenum have forgotten the very dangers that have been locked away, and given themselves to carelessness.

We respect the alpaca, for their earthen hardiness, and the unicorns for their devotion to light; we respect the forgotten wolves for their familial bond, and the forgotten crocodiles for their hidden secrets. Our respect, however, is tempered with wisdom; we see their strengths and their weaknesses equally. Our great champion herself was once fallen to the dishonor of arrogance; she has risen above her flaws to become something more.

To take the weakness of two foes, and by fire and honor forge them into a great strength.
Ooh I agree completely, which is exactly why I sided myself with these 'hunters', which the ungulates have taken to calling traitors. There is much both sides can learn from each other, but we can't possibly do so from within the Hold. We need to return to our home and fight for our freedom, and perhaps after we can come to terms with each other and learn about what makes each of us so special. You know, the empire doesn't have to join the ungulates, they could always help us, after all, don't you feel the least bit guilty for us? We're practically family and you still seek to permanently extend our banishment while standing as an example of pride and honor! Have you no shame!?

Masterweaver

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Internet
www.fimfiction.net
Ooh I agree completely, which is exactly why I sided myself with these 'hunters', which the ungulates have taken to calling traitors. There is much both sides can learn from each other, but we can't possibly do so from within the Hold. We need to return to our home and fight for our freedom, and perhaps after we can come to terms with each other and learn about what makes each of us so special. You know, the empire doesn't have to join the ungulates, they could always help us, after all, don't you feel the least bit guilty for us? We're practically family and you still seek to permanently extend our banishment while standing as an example of pride and honor! Have you no shame!?
You have let your compulsions overwhelm you. That is tragic. But a tragic monster is still a monster.

Still, we fight with fire. The destruction we bring will be swift; no other inhabitant of Foenum can promise that.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
You have let your compulsions overwhelm you. That is tragic. But a tragic monster is still a monster.

Still, we fight with fire. The destruction we bring will be swift; no other inhabitant of Foenum can promise that.
Seeing as how you are trying to find the key, that promise is not one you are willing to keep. If I shall die, it shall be in the GLORY OF COMBAT on the soil my ancestors first stalked. Not rotting away in the hold for all eternity.

Last edited:

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth

The Proud Nation respects The Empire's resolve. The winter is implacable as the flame is insatiable. Let fire and ice be joined in this crusade!

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
The Proud Nation respects The Empire's resolve. The winter is implacable as the flame is insatiable. Let fire and ice be joined in this crusade!
I'd find such an alliance intimidating if it could last more than a week. The smugness of Velvet will surely turn away the humble Longma before long. Though go ahead, flaunt your invitation to an "alliance" all you want, we all know your only allies could be those who are comfortable in the position of a servant. Try the citizens of BAAAHH next time, you'll find plenty of blind followers there.

Edit: And yes, even in the hold, Velvet's Smugness well known.

Last edited:

Masterweaver

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Internet
www.fimfiction.net
The Empire apologizes for the delay in response. A side effect of living in a volcano--sometimes the roads are blocked by lava. While we can survive it, our scrolls cannot.

Nevertheless, the alliance of Vevetia is something we gladly welcome. Come, warm yourself by the fire.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
The Empire apologizes for the delay in response. A side effect of living in a volcano--sometimes the roads are blocked by lava. While we can survive it, our scrolls cannot.

Nevertheless, the alliance of Vevetia is something we gladly welcome. Come, warm yourself by the fire.
Ooh, yeah. Sorry for being so rude earlier, but I want you to know that I am no longer an associate of the hunters, and apologize for the ruckus I had earlier caused under their name. That being said, I still oppose your empire's goal and will fight Fang-and-claw to ensure that you do not make a terrible decision that leads to the permanent banishment of the predators... That must be a last resort, not the first one. I do hope your alliance ends up being a benefit though, it'd be a shame if... Foenum was it? were unable to join together peacefully before the predators arrived.

Last edited:

Masterweaver

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Internet
www.fimfiction.net
You may send one representative to sit at our table, and let your noble voice be heard.

Choose wisely.
Alas, our mixed blood does lend itself to many still eggs. We are too few, at the moment, to send a voice that is not also our leader. But we shall stoke the fires of life and welcome those who come; in time, perhaps, a speaker shall rise.

The Yaski

Acting representative of the Empire of Tianhuo
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hail brother. I have seen the ways of the Pom Patrol. I have observed the posturing of Velvetia. I have witnessed the strength of Ariz-totzka. I have known the masses of the Dark side (seriously, way to go, your faction is comparatively massive.) I have watched the halls of the Council, and kinda bumped into the odd follower of Paprika. I have even heard the word of the cult of Goat, and gazed from afar upon the packs of the Hunters.

And now, I am here to serve.
None hold the sway of the empire, long may it stand.
HAIL TIANHUO!

Masterweaver

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Internet
www.fimfiction.net
Hail brother. I have seen the ways of the Pom Patrol. I have observed the posturing of Velvetia. I have witnessed the strength of Ariz-totzka. I have known the masses of the Dark side (seriously, way to go, your faction is comparatively massive.) I have watched the halls of the Council, and kinda bumped into the odd follower of Paprika. I have even heard the word of the cult of Goat, and gazed from afar upon the packs of the Hunters.

And now, I am here to serve.
None hold the sway of the empire, long may it stand.
HAIL TIANHUO!
Welcome, kin, to out Miniscule yet Mighty Realm of Magnanimous Magma, Lava and Fire. Come warm yourself by the fire. We have much to discuss.

Indeed, in recent times, we have challenged the great Darksiders. They claim power over demons, death, and destruction... but creation eludes them. And so we shall show that we are superior in the one thing that they believe they have conquered. We shall create a pastry that challenges their supposed irresistible temptation. We shall! DEFEAT! THE COOKIES!

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Truly a worthy challenge. The Darksiders have tempted many a hapless follower with their cursed confectioneries, ensorceled sweets, and bewitched baked goods. But no more! Now the empire shall stand up and face the Darksiders, and they shall taste our just desserts.

Valiant leader, what shall be our course? Shall we find our own form of pastry, or shall we best them at their own game?

Masterweaver

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Internet
www.fimfiction.net
Truly a worthy challenge. The Darksiders have tempted many a hapless follower with their cursed confectioneries, ensorceled sweets, and bewitched baked goods. But no more! Now the empire shall stand up and face the Darksiders, and they shall taste our just desserts.

Valiant leader, what shall be our course? Shall we find our own form of pastry, or shall we best them at their own game?
While it is tempting to attempt our own discourse into the realm of the cookie, our soothsayers say that such a path would be folly; the dark side has all but conquered that field. Nay, I instead suggest we select one of our own vaulted pastries to place forth in honorable combat against the dreaded chocolate biscuits of our enemy.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hmmm, a fair point glorious leader. Perusing the list I notice the Cha Siu Bao, a delectable treat I have enjoyed many a time, but a savory dish. Not sweet like the taste of our victory over our foes. We could go for a dish with a more western blended dish to appeal to the tastes of our foes, but I feel we should not resort to such tricks, and instead have faith in our traditions. Perhaps Bakpia, Nuomici, or a Pineapple Bun?

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
flame-symbolbig.png flame-symbolsml.png flame-symbolmed.png OOC: Would these work as our faction symbol? I've seen the Dark Side going around with theirs, I thought these could work for ours.

Reactions: Terodeness

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
So, I know it's not my place to ask, but now that you've had time to recruit a new member, are you going to select a representative of the empire? I'd like to have at least ONE agreeable representative on the council, as opposed to one who simply wants to end me, my faction, and everything i stand for in the name of "the overdeer". Okay, I'll admit that there's only one representative like that, but still, the more reasonable people the better.

Last edited:

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
OOC: I dunno. We are still only three people strong, but we are representing the Minuscule yet Mighty Empire, so maybe we should step forward even though we are minuscule? I am very interested in what story the UFC will have once it comes off of break, so I would love for all the members to be assembled, but I am not this factions leader so I can't appoint representatives.

DungeonMiner

A guy who likes to write
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Georgia
((Working on it, problem is we need more neutral (read:UFC loyal) members before we have any real power. Right now, if we want to do something, we'll have either ties, or immediate war. Because the so-and-so factions did this-and-that against us.))

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
((Working on it, problem is we need more neutral (read:UFC loyal) members before we have any real power. Right now, if we want to do something, we'll have either ties, or immediate war. Because the so-and-so factions did this-and-that against us.))
(I hadn't thought about how the council might break apart due to faction hatreds, you are actually planning this out better than I thought you were... I do actually have to wonder who actually would join a neutral faction though? Seems like something that won't attract new members)

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
(Eh, I could get behind a neutral faction. Heck, it was my second pick behind Tianhuo. Neutrality is a bit more 'free' than being restricted to one champion of Foenum after all)

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Longma.

You say that you posses the best of both prey and predator.

You claim power, and you claim bravery.

And yet, it is all a lie.

You have in your veins the power of one of the greatest predators to have ever hunted.

And yet, you cower before it. You seal it way like some curse.

One cannot have the best of both, for the one is mighty, and the other mere prey.

It is the prey that is the curse! It is the prey in your veins that makes you weak!

Shun it! Cast it away, and take your rightful place at the top of the food-chain! Do this, and the masters will welcome you to their endless FEAST.

If you do not, then you shall be as all of the others: hunted and eaten.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Longma.

You say that you posses the best of both prey and predator.

You claim power, and you claim bravery.

And yet, it is all a lie.

You have in your veins the power of one of the greatest predators to have ever hunted.

And yet, you cower before it. You seal it way like some curse.

One cannot have the best of both, for the one is mighty, and the other mere prey.

It is the prey that is the curse! It is the prey in your veins that makes you weak!

Shun it! Cast it away, and take your rightful place at the top of the food-chain! Do this, and the masters will welcome you to their endless FEAST.

If you do not, then you shall be as all of the others: hunted and eaten.
Ah, OC, how... quaint of you to visit our halls. I always wondered how you are able to get around so easily, but I digress.
Allow me to address your... accusations.
Yes, we are longma. And yes, we possess the best qualities of both predator and prey. The deerfolk control our polar opposite, quite literally, their powers great in their own way. But theirs is the gift of the ice sprites, not the predator. The cows, sturdy in form, strong of hoof, and mighty of horn, awesome be their strength, is the strength of prey, not predator. Even the ungulates of Baaaaaaaa, with their sheepdog protectors, may control the power of predators, but they do not blend it as we do with the strength of the prey.
For there is strength in prey. The strength of Honored Father. The strength in numbers, of the herd. The predators do not know this strength. The wolves of old had their packs, the lions their prides. This is not the same. How could the strength of a dozen meager predators ever compare? The thunderous roar of our army marching in lockstep is echoed in our blood to the crashing hooves of our ancestors as they galloped across the plains. The predators may have their weak little hunting groups, but our is the stampede, the inexorable avalanche of hundreds moving as one, stretching from horizon to horizon, crushing any foolish predators who can't move out of our way fast enough.
There is nothing that can compare behind the doors mere prey have sealed. The Devourer sits on top through power and power alone, without it your masters wouldn't even have that coordination. They would be nothing more than savage beasts, equally happy to tear each other's throats out as that of their "prey." They know nothing of a common cause, the strength of unity. If you truly are so deluded as to think your preaching might spare you your masters hunger, even for a second, then I am truly sorry for you.
If there is one single, scrap of what could be seen as insight to leave your mouth it is that yes, we are descended from one of the most powerful predators to ever cross the face of Foenum. The dragons were the alpha predators, second only to the Devourer itself in terms of power, and that strength is ours. Honored Mother, temperamental, brash, and vicious as she is, saw the strength of Honored Father, and realized the import of their union. For the solitude of a dragon could never wield the strength of the horse. A single dragon could terrorize a village; imagine the strength of an entire army of longma with her power.
As for bravery, I will not be lectured by some mewling coward hiding behind the strength of his masters. You are but a child, hiding behind his dam's skirts, telling us to be afraid because you have such big, scary friends who will totally beat us up. If you want my attention, then I am happy to test your bravery. If you are brave then face me yourself instead of slinging threats you don't even intend to uphold yourself, cur. And maybe then your soul might finally be washed clean by the purifying flame. A pity you won't live to feel it.

Reactions: Feanor

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
Ah, OC, how... quaint of you to visit our halls. I always wondered how you are able to get around so easily, but I digress.
Yes, we are longma. And yes, we possess the best qualities of both predator and prey. The deerfolk control our polar opposite, quite literally, their powers great in their own way. But theirs is the gift of the ice sprites, not the predator. The cows, sturdy in form, strong of hoof, and mighty of horn, awesome be their strength, is the strength of prey, not predator. Even the ungulates of Baaaaaaaa, with their sheepdog protectors, may control the power of predators, but they do not blend it as we do with the strength of the prey.
For there is strength in prey. The strength of Honored Father. The strength in numbers, of the herd. The predators do not know this strength. The wolves of old had their packs, the lions their prides. This is not the same. How could the strength of a dozen meager predators ever compare? The thunderous roar of our army marching in lockstep is echoed in our blood to the crashing hooves of our ancestors as they galloped across the plains. The predators may have their weak little hunting groups, but our is the stampede, the inexorable avalanche of hundreds moving as one, stretching from horizon to horizon, crushing any foolish predators who can't move out of our way fast enough.
There is nothing that can compare behind the doors mere prey have sealed. The Devourer sits on top through power and power alone, without it your masters wouldn't even have that coordination. They would be nothing more than savage beasts, equally happy to tear each other's throats out as that of their "prey." They know nothing of a common cause, the strength of unity. If you truly are so deluded as to think your preaching might spare you your masters hunger, even for a second, then I am truly sorry for you.
If there is one single, scrap of what could be seen as insight to leave your mouth it is that yes, we are descended from one of the most powerful predators to ever cross the face of Foenum. The dragons were the alpha predators, second only to the Devourer itself in terms of power, and that strength is ours. Honored Mother, temperamental, brash, and vicious as she is, saw the strength of Honored Father, and realized the import of their union. For the solitude of a dragon could never wield the strength of the horse. A single dragon could terrorize a village; imagine the strength of an entire army of longma with her power.
As for bravery, I will not be lectured by some mewling coward hiding behind the strength of his masters. You are but a child, hiding behind his dam's skirts, telling us to be afraid because you have such big, scary friends who will totally beat us up. If you want my attention, then I am happy to test your bravery. If you are brave then face me yourself instead of slinging threats you don't even intend to uphold yourself, cur. And maybe then your soul might finally be washed clean by the purifying flame. A pity you won't live to feel it.
I agree with you about the "masters" and the Devourer, but do not mistake wolves as creatures of depravity who'd tear each other apart at the first opprotunity. Wolves are noble predators that revel in the hunt and gain strength from the pack, honor the pack, and throw their lives down for the good of the pack. We are not all as savage as that vile monster you retort as the "Honored Mother", we are better and more caring for our peers than the dragons obviously were.

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I agree with you about the "masters" and the Devourer, but do not mistake wolves as creatures of depravity who'd tear each other apart at the first opprotunity. Wolves are noble predators that revel in the hunt and gain strength from the pack, honor the pack, and throw their lives down for the good of the pack. We are not all as savage as that vile monster you retort as the "Honored Mother", we are better and more caring for our peers than the dragons obviously were.
You misunderstand me. I do not mean to offend you sir Hunter, but I fear I just might, even with my clarification. I meant not that wolf would fall upon wolf, lion upon lion, bear upon bear. I meant that wolf would hunt bear, lion stalk wolf, and bear crush lion. That without the Devourer, the predators would never be a united foe. We ungulates may not always know how to live in harmony with each other, but in the absence of the Devourer or ungulates predator would set upon predator, while in the absence of predators us prey have still lived, if not as one whole, at least in peaceful separation. We could have had wars over land, resources, ideology, yet we have not even though we thought the predators gone for good. I doubt all wolves would be as willing as yourself to restrain themselves to a diet of lesser animals were the threat of the Devourer not looming over them.

Last edited:

The Yaski

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
OOC: Views expressed in character do not necessarily reflect the views of the author.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
You say I hide? That I cower? You could not be more wrong.

I simply come as a mouthpiece of the masters. I do not bring empty blustering or posturing. I bring a promise. The masters do not abide by idle threats. They are coming. And we will rip your precious key from your grasp, and we will throw open the door!

And you call me a coward who hides in the shadow of others? No. I do not hide. Our masters give me power that I might put prey into its place. I am but the forerunner. I am but the calm before the storm.

Last edited:

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
You misunderstand me. I do not mean to offend you sir Hunter, but I fear I just might, even with my clarification. I meant not that wolf would fall upon wolf, lion upon lion, bear upon bear. I meant that wolf would hunt bear, lion stalk wolf, and bear crush lion. That without the Devourer, the predators would never be a united foe. We ungulates may not always know how to live in harmony with each other, but in the absence of the Devourer or ungulates predator would set upon predator, while in the absence of predators us prey have still lived, if not as one whole, at least in peaceful separation. We could have had wars over land, resources, ideology, yet we have not even though we thought the predators gone for good. I doubt all wolves would be as willing as yourself to restrain themselves to a diet of lesser animals were the threat of the Devourer not looming over them.
I disagree, but now is not time for that, because of that guy mostly.
You say I hide? That I cower? You could not be more wrong.

I simply come as a mouthpiece of the masters. I do not bring empty blustering or posturing. I bring a promise. The masters do not abide by idle threats. They are coming. And we will rip your precious key from your grasp, and we will throw open the door!

And you call me a coward who hides in the shadow of others? No. I do not hide. Our masters give me power that I might put prey into its place. I am but the forerunner. I am but the clam before the storm.
I disagree. When the predators realize they have the power in their own claws, the packs will dethrone your precious "masters" and claim their rightful place in their homelands, free from the corrupting powers of those individuals who value themselves above the group. You are following those who WILL be but individuals, who will, if not succumbing to the group's will, will suffer the ultimate failure of death through age, while the group itself is unending, it is eternal so long as it is properly maintained, and your "masters" only prove to harm it and cause unnecessary loss among our great packs and clans.

Last edited: