Neat Ideas

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
There's something about shouting your ideas to the wind that is simply therapeutic. Whether anyone listens or not, this is a thread for that one idea you have about what could be put into the game, from the cool/random to the absolutely brilliant. Discussion is encouraged, and there are no dumb ideas.

Reactions: HealthSword and Tox

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I, for one, will never be against more optional bosses. Even if they somehow suck, they're still optional and avoidable, but if they become that one super awesome boss you love to fight, then smiles all around, eh?

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Side bets of in-game currency or (even juicier) avatar items for the speculation mode in the lobby. This has been the frivolous thing I've wanted most ever since the lobby was introduced.

On top of that, special arena nights with some sort of automated bookie system for in-game currency only. Can you imagine how awesome that would be? There'd have to be some system to prevent no-shows/match forfeiture and stuff but still...it'd be speculation mode on crack.

The dynamic lobby is simply too rife with potential and unfortunately represents one of the biggest feature-creep factors in the game's total package.

...I love it.
Sounds like our own version of SaltyBet!

Reactions: Ferettoko

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I still stand by spectator side bets. Gahd, let it be a thing please, I would become the gambling mogul. Or end up blowing all my hard-earned ingame accessories and points on random matches, I'm cool with that too.

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Ooh, also if the people in the match could raise the stakes with a winner-takes-all pool of coins or accessories. Only one problem. No thumbs for the bookie to break, only hooves. What a logistics nightmare.

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Eh, "speculation" as in "I speculate as to who will win this fight." It fits. As for Pom... Yes, pompoms. Why not pompoms bring on the pompoms. Imagine the humiliation of being bested by a llama dressed as a cheerleader and her army of pompoms. Perfect.

Last edited:

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
I suggested this in one of the Dev streams (probably a bunch of other people did the same) but I really want to see a yearly ingame tournament.

Not like we all meet at some physical location and play. Im talkin' like a tournament held over a couple of weeks in the virtual lobby with lobby items and in-game trophies (and achievements porentially) up for grabs. Kinda like the Dragonball World Martial Arts Tournament.

I know its a long way off and coordinating something like that would take a lot of effort but it would be great to see!

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Huh, and how do you suppose the audition process would go? Would it simply be a first-come first-serve model? Oooor, it could work like this: in order to enter the tournament, you have to get a spot, out of a limited number of slots. Here's the catch: if someone can beat you in a 2 out of 3 match, they take your slot. Of course, to prevent you being constantly embroiled in battle you would have a cooldown of several hours to a day before another hopeful could take you on. Whoever is in the spot when the tournament begins, is in the running for the tourney.

Reactions: Wyrmshield

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I know this won't happen but might as well get it off my back. I always want an alternate costume of Pom in a Japanese style gang outfit with a bigger pompadour. I think I did see someone draw a picture like that during TFH stream but I wasn't around to catch it.
I think Pom could pull it off.

DShou

Tianhuo is Best Longma
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
dshou.deviantart.com
Ever since seeing the Dynamic Lobby I would love to see an RPG story mode (as unreasonable as it may be since it'd need a lot of work), where battles are our usual fighting game but we get to travel the overworld and talk to everyone and everything. Can earn rewards and stuff and all that too!

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
I mentioned this in a stream once and I know it got to them already, but might as well put it here too.

I'd really like if it every character had their own teeny little riff or jingle that played when they did a tea dance. Like a little strum of a metal guitar for Arizona's headbanging, that'd be cute right? I thought of it as part of the Dynamic Music System but I'm not even sure that'd be necessary, it wouldn't really have to change the main song. Would probably be easier to fit in if it didn't, actually, maybe have it turn the volume down during that instead?

DShou

Tianhuo is Best Longma
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
dshou.deviantart.com
I mentioned this in a stream once and I know it got to them already, but might as well put it here too.

I'd really like if it every character had their own teeny little riff or jingle that played when they did a tea dance. Like a little strum of a metal guitar for Arizona's headbanging, that'd be cute right? I thought of it as part of the Dynamic Music System but I'm not even sure that'd be necessary, it wouldn't really have to change the main song. Would probably be easier to fit in if it didn't, actually, maybe have it turn the volume down during that instead?
Would be neat albeit easily a nice annoying (but recognizable) taunt lol.

Kyderra

Professional salty better
Backers' Beta Tester
Side bets of in-game currency or (even juicier) avatar items for the spectator mode in the lobby. This has been the frivolous thing I've wanted most ever since the lobby was introduced.

On top of that, special arena nights with some sort of automated bookie system for in-game currency only. Can you imagine how awesome that would be? There'd have to be some system to prevent no-shows/match forfeiture and stuff but still...it'd be spectator mode on crack.

The dynamic lobby is simply too rife with potential and unfortunately represents one of the biggest feature-creep factors in the game's total package.

...I love it.
Sounds like our own version of SaltyBet!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ gimmy this

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Huh, and how do you suppose the audition process would go? Would it simply be a first-come first-serve model? Oooor, it could work like this: in order to enter the tournament, you have to get a spot, out of a limited number of slots. Here's the catch: if someone can beat you in a 2 out of 3 match, they take your slot. Of course, to prevent you being constantly embroiled in battle you would have a cooldown of several hours to a day before another hopeful could take you on. Whoever is in the spot when the tournament begins, is in the running for the tourney.

You could always do a weekly or biweekly tournament to help decide who becomes eligible for the yearly tournament. With this kind of lobby, the prizes could range from in-game currency to rare (but not necessarily exclusive) accessories while the big yearly one could have exclusive accessories.

Reactions: HealthSword

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think it would be cute if for Halloween they'd supply the characters with costumes to try to dress up like each other. I think it would be a really comical idea that would produce a lot of cute fan art. (Of course the costumes would be supplied with a bunch of other generic Halloween getups as well.)
I can already imagine Velvet wearing a costume of herself. I like the idea of holiday outfits.

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
No, she gets to dress up as one of her little elves! ;D
Ooh, now that's an idea worth putting pen to paper.

Something I'd like to see would be the ability to save replays. It could be a nifty learning tool for those that want to go more in-depth.

Reactions: Bucaramangaman

Ambris

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I want a pallet for each character that is a reference to the pony they were once based on (lavender with blue and pink highlights for Oleander. white coat with purple antlers for Velvet, etc.) I figure this is more practical for some characters than others, but it's still a nice homage that I'd love to see.

For the record, I'm not hung up about Fighting is Magic or anything--I think that TFH being a thing is for the best in the long run. But it would still serve as an appreciated fandom nod to the game's origins.

. . .though I just realized that it's possible such color combinations are in some way copyrighted? Is that even possible?

Reactions: Colynato

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
As has been said in streams, most fighting games have reference palettes in them and I'm sure they don't have to give royalties and such for those, I think that falls under parody rules and such. Of course, in those cases, they don't have the history of being in trouble with that particular IP, so... depends on how worried they are about how closely they're being watched I suppose. But I feel like it should be possible.

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This is a personal preference of mine, but be that as it may I shall not be ignored >:U

In my mind, I imagine there being two pools of accessories. There are common accessories that can be bought at the store, provided you have the in-game currency, and rare items that can only be won in tournaments, or for reaching certain milestones. (e.g. 25 victories in a row nets you a pair of sunglasses, or winning a match in less than thirty seconds gets you a pair [quadruplet?] of Pegasus Boots.) What I like about this is that when you encounter someone, say, wearing said pair of sunglasses, you know just how awesome at this game they are, because they're wearing that badge of honor that you know they could only get by mopping the floor with some poor sods.

Ambris

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
As has been said in streams, most fighting games have reference palettes in them and I'm sure they don't have to give royalties and such for those, I think that falls under parody rules and such. Of course, in those cases, they don't have the history of being in trouble with that particular IP, so... depends on how worried they are about how closely they're being watched I suppose. But I feel like it should be possible.
The fact that it's pretty common is encouraging.

*crossing my fingers*

Hell, I might just draw those pallets, to see how it could be done myself.

TheOneZeelOne

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL

*crossing my fingers*

If you're at a certain level of backer, you could even request it directly. Pretty sure Indiegogo Reward Law supersedes Copywrite laws, so they'd be bulletproof~!

Reactions: HealthSword

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

*crossing my fingers*

You know what they say. Want it done right? Do it yourself.

Mordenheim

Mad Scientist
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think a character creator would be an awesome addition. Nothing super-complicated, of course.

Just pick an existing model, add a few accessories, alter body part colors, and maybe have a few extra move options.

Ambris

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
If you're at a certain level of backer, you could even request it directly. Pretty sure Indiegogo Reward Law supersedes Copywrite laws, so they'd be bulletproof~!
Oh if only.

I'm a struggling student living paycheck to paycheck. I was only able to back as much as I was thanks to a friend. XD

Neffles

Humorous Hyped Horsefan
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think a character creator would be an awesome addition. Nothing super-complicated, of course.

Just pick an existing model, add a few accessories, alter body part colors, and maybe have a few extra move options.
My goodness, I was going to suggest that.

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016

This is something we don't see enough of in fighting games. I approve of this idea :)