Sketches & Doodles: for those of us who can't draw

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Tried actually, can't draw well enough to be able to just sketch one from there. There's still a year till release, I plan to improve by then.
Fair enough. Though it would be nice if some playful velvet throwing snowballs showed up ;)

You know, now that I think about it, I think that's what I like about it. The way you've draw Velvet is smug-free. Not gonna lie, it's kinda nice.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Fair enough. Though it would be nice if some playful velvet throwing snowballs showed up ;)

You know, now that I think about it, I think that's what I like about it. The way you've draw Velvet is smug-free. Not gonna lie, it's kinda nice.
Yes that is totally intended. And not because I can't draw smug looks. Yes, totally.

Reactions: OCisbestungulate

$Bison

Apr 11, 2016
What is this? You can draw! What are you doing here!!!!!! Ahhhh we've been invaded! Run for your lives!
(I really like that bottom left picture above the Parikas. It reminds me of Egophiliac)
Er... um... I didn't mean to... uh... encroach? Xx I can copy okay, but trying to come up with fresh ideas takes some time to figure out for me. For the Paprikas, I was going for egophiliac's inconvenient trixie but with Paprika instead. Couldn't figure any scenario at the time, so just had the "vacant" expression.

As for adding smugness, I think it has to do with the way Velvet's eyes are slightly closed with a subtle grin along with how her head is tilted up when she looks at something, as though she's looking down at it.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Er... um... I didn't mean to... uh... encroach? Xx I can copy okay, but trying to come up with fresh ideas takes some time to figure out for me. For the Paprikas, I was going for egophiliac's inconvenient trixie but with Paprika instead. Couldn't figure any scenario at the time, so just had the "vacant" expression.
Well, you did well enough that I immediately recognized it (Also, I love inconvenient Trixie :D). The joke is the thread's name have the "for those of us who can't draw" and you are obviously lightyears ahead of everyone here. Though it sort of became a general art thread. And we all know the hardest part of drawing is coming up with something.
As for adding smugness, I think it has to do with the way Velvet's eyes are slightly closed with a subtle grin along with how her head is tilted up when she looks at something, as though she's looking down at it.
Yeah, I think so too, but her more open circle-shaped eyes can contribute to not looking smug as well.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Hate to interject in the sketch convo, but I made another thing. I will post actual sketches when I manage to find the notebook that I managed to misplace. It's in one of five piles of school work somewhere.

"By your powers combined, I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!"
(It could still work, Captain Planet doesn't exactly reference anything that has to do with humans (Other than his appearance...).)

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
I don't know which mod told me stop using BB code to use the Papyrus font, I was breaking a rule so it was MY bad, but I fear that guy/girl a LOT... Anu's a pretty alright dude... when he's not... Leedin you on!
That's not funy.:oops:
This is all supposed to be in good humor. It isn't like I actually hold anything against Anu.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
And this day Anu graduated from gooey guy to the most feared entity on the forums. He's been posessed by the Nightmare! Now we need a nightmare Anu...

Klint

Fabulous, Darling
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Powers that Be are no longer there
Gooey Guy Anu has become a Nightmare.

(Wut.)

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I made pun during the latest live stream in the chat. I decided to base a picture off of it.
Sorry it isn't shaded or anything I think that would make the pic less creepy.
Those eyes are mighty disturbing. I am going to have nightmares. And I am serious. I'm really creeped out of eye related weirdness.