• Nep of the above.

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Midnight_Blitz

The Reason Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Somewhere, Out There
So, what may be, in my opinion, the best 4th wall-breaking RPG out there has no thread dedicated to it yet? This displeases the Nep-Nep.

And so, this thread is for the main series (PS3/PS4), remakes (what Steam has), and spin-offs alike. Because you can never have too much Nep in your Nep.
(For those unaware of such a wonderful RPG, I direct you to our totally 100% accurate source of info for our graded papers.)

I have every game released in the US so far, and don't plan to stop. Mainly a fan of the gameplay and humor of the series. Honestly I can't stop thinking of the game these days.

And what say you, the TFH community?

...if you'll excuse me, back to letting the series consume my life.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
While I do enjoy the concept of personified game consoles having an actual console war...

I'll just leave it at that.

Met

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I've got it as my background game to jump into and get a but further when there's nothing going on.

Though FFXIV has kind of taken that spot, I guess.

But still, I do indeed Nep from time to time.

Altashi

Never Was a Wiser
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Western Australia
I grabbed Rebirth 1 on Vita to see what the fuss was about. Didn't really like. The amount of reused assets is ridiculous and the story was pretty meh. Gameplay was okay though. Are any of the others better, or is it trash all the way down?

I still platinum'd it regardless.

Met

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Oh, it's a hot pile of garbage. Don't doubt for a second.

Midnight_Blitz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Somewhere, Out There
I grabbed Rebirth 1 on Vita to see what the fuss was about. Didn't really like. The amount of reused assets is ridiculous and the story was pretty meh. Gameplay was okay though. Are any of the others better, or is it trash all the way down?

I still platinum'd it regardless.
Oh, I'm not going to deny the reused asset problem they seem to keep having. So far I haven't seen as much of it in Megadimension, but I won't be surprised if I see another new form of Kupokitty soon.

Edit: Honestly, some of the reuse of their assets adds to the charm. At least, in how it's executed in some ways.

Last edited:

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I had the original on the PS3 and didn't play it for long, didn't like it much. I heard the remake of it was better and I did grab it on PC, though I have yet to play it.

Midnight_Blitz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Somewhere, Out There
I had the original on the PS3 and didn't play it for long, didn't like it much. I heard the remake of it was better and I did grab it on PC, though I have yet to play it.
If you mean the first original, yeah, you probably had a bad time for a reason. I didn't like that one at all myself. I will never back up that one. The battle system as it stands now was organized when mkII was released, and most of the dungeon crawling mechanics were standardized in the third game (or second. I don't remember.)

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
*sees Neptunia thread*

*tries to restrain self from raving so much about it*

Absolutely, ABSOLUTELY love Neptunia. It's certainly not a perfect story by any means, but the characters are just amazing. They're getting close to becoming really great with Megadimension VII though, which true end I just finished last week.

(note that I don't even like anime/anime-styled media)

I started Nep on mk2 around 3 years ago (I'm so glad I didn't start with the first one, that one was just horribad) because my PS3 was only playing 2 games (UMvC3 and something else). While it was just okay for me, I decided to buy Victory because I felt that mk2 was worth my time, and Victory really exceeded my expectations and was when I started becoming a fan. Went into Nep hiatus a few months after until October 2015 when my girlfriend told me that Steamwas having a launch sale for Re;birth 3; looked up what the re;birth series was and I played Re;birth 3 all over again, got re-hooked, and now I'm currently enjoying the Nep virus. Quickly finished all the endings of Re;birth 3, 2, and then 1, and then bought the first game and then went for true end on the second game, all before Megadimension came out.

No regrets.

I also own a few Japanese versions, like Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls on the Vita. Was tempted to buy Japanese Megadimension for Japanese practice but I currently don't have time to play that, sadly.

P.S. Uni best CPU

P.S.2. Lastation Bestation

Mirage Seraph

Goat On A Thread
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Yoooo Nep Nep!

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the series but I'm enjoying it thus far! Reused assets don't bother me, but the grindy nature of it is a bit much. Honestly still on the first game (temporarily dropped, freakin final boss grindage...) but I'm looking forward to the next games.

... *cough* Noire is best girl.

Reactions: Zekira Drake

Mirage Seraph

Goat On A Thread
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This is actually kind of the bandwagon so don't worry. Though I could just be saying that because I give all my shares to Lastation haha

Did you get the Exp Up plan at least?
I don't think so...? How early can you get it?

Midnight_Blitz

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Somewhere, Out There
I also own a few Japanese versions, like Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls on the Vita. Was tempted to buy Japanese Megadimension for Japanese practice but I currently don't have time to play that, sadly.

P.S. Uni best CPU

P.S.2. Lastation Bestation
I will fight you for that Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls copy. o_o
... *cough* Noire is best girl.
...and for Lowee CPU and national domination. >_>

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
I've only played the Vita games (never had a PS3 and I sold my PS4 to get an Xbox One), I started out with Producing Perfection and that was really good and strange but after that I got Action Unleashed and Sisters Generation. Although I can still never remember who is Rom and who is Ram. :(

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I've only played the Vita games (never had a PS3 and I sold my PS4 to get an Xbox One), I started out with Producing Perfection and that was really good and strange but after that I got Action Unleashed and Sisters Generation. Although I can still never remember who is Rom and who is Ram. :(
I'm surprised you still stuck around after PP, general consensus is that people thought PP was bad. I've never tried it so I can't say for sure. You should really try the main games, though.

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
I'm surprised you still stuck around after PP, general consensus is that people thought PP was bad. I've never tried it so I can't say for sure. You should really try the main games, though.
Well PP was my introduction so I didn't really stuck around after it. Although it is the most different because there is no combat in it you've to make one (or all if you make a band) of the CPU's into a pop idol because all there shares have gone to idol groups, it sounds silly but its really addictive but it's probably because your managing a pop idol rather than battling monsters that some people don't like it.

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Well PP was my introduction so I didn't really stuck around after it. Although it is the most different because there is no combat in it you've to make one (or all if you make a band) of the CPU's into a pop idol because all there shares have gone to idol groups, it sounds silly but its really addictive but it's probably because your managing a pop idol rather than battling monsters that some people don't like it.
For someone who hasn't played it yet, I think what I'm most worried about is that it only has 5 songs, from what I heard.

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
For someone who hasn't played it yet, I think what I'm most worried about is that it only has 5 songs, from what I heard.
Yeah... Each of the CPU's have there own song (you start with one but then unlock the rest through playing) and then there's a 5th song you unlock at the end but the songs are only used in the concerts which only happen once an in game week, most of the game is leveling up the CPU you manage for's singing and dancing skills doing promotional things and making sure they don't get too stressed.

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
Actually something I thought about today was MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies and I was wondering what people think of it, I think it's cool that they give each of the characters their own spin-off game.

JiiKoo

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
I've been playing Re;Birth 1on Steam on and off, more recently on. I just entered chapter 8 last I played, so I should be close to finishing if I've understood it right. Game's been fun so far, the battle system is something I particularly enjoy, though it definitely could be a bit more complicated. I also wish there was more to the yuri Lily Rank system than just boosts and attacks. ...unless there is and I've just been missing it.

Since there are veterans here, can someone help me understand the damage values of your combo skills? To my mind, say, Tera D-Drive at 5 attacks with power 48 should be more powerful than Mega D-Drive at 1 attack at 56 power, yet it seems like the latter does more damage. Or is it supposed to be total power of 48 over 5 attacks against total power of 56?
I'm also a bit confused about the roster of the game, considering it's been throwing new characters my way the last chapter or two, and there's only so much room in your active party. I'm unsure if there is any benefit to NOT having only CPUs all the time (aside from variety), and so far the only thing I've come up with are various buff spells the CPUs don't have (and even then, the booster items help with that). Compa's heals are rather nice, though.

Anyways, once I'm done with the first one I'm definitely going to pick the second remake on Steam!

Zekira Drake

Burrito's burritos
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Actually something I thought about today was MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies and I was wondering what people think of it, I think it's cool that they give each of the characters their own spin-off game.
I've yet to play it, but if I'm ever getting it, it's mainly for the UniGear scene.

Since there are veterans here, can someone help me understand the damage values of your combo skills? To my mind, say, Tera D-Drive at 5 attacks with power 48 should be more powerful than Mega D-Drive at 1 attack at 56 power, yet it seems like the latter does more damage. Or is it supposed to be total power of 48 over 5 attacks against total power of 56?
The values on the display are confusing. Power is generally for the entire attack, but the Guard Damage seems to be multiplied by the number of hits instead. (though later you'll realize why Break Attacks are particularly useless once you're done with the Lastation chapter)

I'm also a bit confused about the roster of the game, considering it's been throwing new characters my way the last chapter or two, and there's only so much room in your active party. I'm unsure if there is any benefit to NOT having only CPUs all the time (aside from variety), and so far the only thing I've come up with are various buff spells the CPUs don't have (and even then, the booster items help with that). Compa's heals are rather nice, though.
Not much benefit, really. The only reason you'd want to play non-CPUs is if you like the character. The only main thing that stands out is that some of the humans have EXE Drives that are a lot better than the CPUs. In Re;birth 1 in particular, Apocalypse Nova.

Anyways, once I'm done with the first one I'm definitely going to pick the second remake on Steam!
ConquestEndingConquestEndingConquestEndingConquestEndingConquestEnding doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoit