Zootopia

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Actually, the directors flat-out stated that traditionally predatory animals now sustain themselves off bugs and fish but I suspect that only mammals are sapient meaning that predators probably also eat reptiles, amphibians, and birds.
Iirc, they were asked about reptiles, and I think they said that they were most likely a thing, they just chose mammals since they felt the audience connects better with mammals.

CrazyBob05

Feb 9, 2016
Iirc, they were asked about reptiles, and I think they said that they were most likely a thing, they just chose mammals since they felt the audience connects better with mammals.
That is also a possibility... I just stated a thought I had about the exclusion of animals outside the classification of mammal, it's possible I am wrong about it.

Richard Upton Pickman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 5, 2016
Another thing you have to take into account is the amount of work put into research and making every animal look like just that animal. Not to mention that they changed from the dark theme to the movie we got when the movie was in a very late part of production. Who knows what they will do with the next movie. Since it did this well im sure we get another one and who knows maybe als some new animals.

CrazyBob05

Feb 9, 2016
I'm GLAD they axed the Zistopia story. It had some interesting elements to it, like Wild Times for instance, but the story was drastically improved for the change. True, we miss out on a lot of Nick's backstory but that just leaves the door open for something else down the line. The ambiguity of Judy and Nick's true relationship is also one of those clever moments. It reminds me of another cute Disney CG movie with animals that had a dog and a cat with the same kind of relationship.