You're SPECIAL!

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
In Fallout, SPECIAL refers to your base attributes, which are rated on a scale of 1-10:

Strength
Perception
Endurance
Charisma
Intelligence
Agility
Luck

So, as an actual person, what would your SPECIAL look like? Here's mine:

Strength: 6 - I'm quite stocky, but a dedicated weightlifter would wipe the floor with me.

Perception: 5 - My eyesight is pretty good, but nothing special

Endurance: 5 - I don't have the world's best stamina, but I have a pretty good pain tolerance

Charisma: 4 - I can talk to people, but I'm a bit shy

Intelligence: 7 - I'm not really a science guy, but i'm pretty good at written subjects.

Agility: 3 - yeah, being a bit chubby hasn't helped this one

Luck: 5 - 50/50 luck, really.

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
As a huge Fallout fan, I love this topic!

Anyways, mine would probably be something like this:

Strength 7 - I like to think that I keep myself in pretty good shape, but I'm no bodybuilder or anything like that.

Perception 3 - Yeah, my senses are not very good. At all.

Endurance 4 - My cardio is nonexistent, so I get tired from running around pretty quickly. I'm about average when it comes to pain tolerance.

Charisma 7 - I'm pretty good when it comes to talking with people and getting on their good sides, though I could be better.

Intelligence 8 - Probably my strongest area, so I'll throw an 8 here.

Agility 6 - I'm pretty agile, which is annoying since I have poor Endurance to go with it.

Luck 5 - Don't feel particularly lucky or unlucky.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Why not?

Assuming 4 or 5 to be average:

Strength 6 - I'm not much to look at, but I tend to be stronger then I look (unless my back goes NOPE :D)

Perception 4 or 3 - I used to have pretty sharp eyes as a kid, but alas, years of computer screens have taken their toll.

Endurance 3 - I an't in any kind of shape.

Charisma 11 - Clearly I tell no lie.

Intelligence 6 - People like to tell me I'm smart. Perhaps, but I try not to dwell on whether or not they're right, it lest I think myself smarter then I am, and end up in a sticky situation.

Agility 5 - I like to dance, but lack training so it looks rather, er, uncoordinated. I also have a history of dodging lots of doge-balls (much to the chagrin of the other players).

Luck 777 - I win every slot machine ever, and I don't even gamble.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Why not?
:D

"dwell on whether or not they're right, \\\it/// lest I think myself smarter then I am, and end up in a sticky situation.

I also have a history of dodging lots of \\\doge-balls/// (much to the chagrin of the other players).
What's that "It" doing there?
Dodgeball...
That is all.

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
S- (6) I'd like to think I'm a LITTLE bit stronger than the average dude, but I KNOW that my legs are stronger than average legs.

P- (4 or 8) Four because without glasses I can't see very far, but WITH glasses, I can see pretty far.

E- (3) I am NOT in shape. Though I am exercising now.

C- (5) I am not a talker, but I think I have average communication skills.

I- (8) Specifically in Math. I'm no genius, but I do know my way around numbers.

A- (4) Seeing as how I'm overweight, I'm not that flexible.

L- (5) I guess I'm lucky every once in a while. Most recently, moving up to a Supervisor position after only 1 month of employment at my job.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
S (2) below average, that's for sure. Hell, I am ridiculously wimpy.

P (7) I have good ears and eyes (sadly I can feel the latter deteriorating), but my sense of smell is god-awful

E (2) Not sure exactly, but while I have a suprising amount of stamina (compared to my stature), I fall ill waay too easily and in FO endurance was linked to health)

C (~8) Depends on the situation, I can't say a funny thing to save my life, but was repeatedly told I can talk the stars down the night sky if necessary

I (~8) I am proud to say I am at the level, where I know that I know literally nothing. Also, I read so many wikipedia articles, I can make people believe I actually know what I'm talking about in a suprising amount of topics

A (4) good reflexes, too slow body to keep up. And about as flexible as a concrete slab. I was pretty good at dodging dodgeballs back in primary school though (couldn't hit anyone else, but hell if the others didn't hate me when they couldn't hit me multiple times in a row)

L (1) Hehehehe, I was literally called the embodiment of Lady luck on her period.

Kegradigm

Professional Heister
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Strength: 2
What the hell's a barbell and where can I download one?

Perception: 7
No hawk eyes, but I can spot small details a good distance away and have a nice grasp of my surroundings.

Endurance: 3
Used to be 0 because of some internal health problems. Now I can actually sprint without feeling like I have a concussion. Not far, mind you, but still.

Charisma: 5
Speech impediments and bouts of social awkwardness pull me back, but I can hold my own in a conversation.

Intelligence: 8
Definitely my strong suit. I know what I'm talking about. Except calculus. Screw calculus.

Agility: 6
Pretty flexible when compared to the average person. The thought of contortonists, however, make me feel as if I have boneitis.

Luck: 1
I play Hearthstone. Never lucky.

Last edited:

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
Strength: 7
I lift heavy stuff for a living, bruh.

Perception: 5
I can navigate around pretty, but somehow struggle to find my wallet and keys.

Endurance: 5
Eh. I got nothing to say here. Pretty average.

Charisma: 3
I could go out, have a social life, and make something out of myself, but I "choose" not to.

Intelligence: 4
They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza.

Agility: 4
Not the fastest, being fat and all. Also bad knees. Somehow, I can still complete some of the harder DDR songs on Heavy.

Luck: 7
My luck is really only relative to games, especially Pathfinder. My characters have survived things that I shouldn't.

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
>Came to this thread to make a Fallout joke
>Was already a Fallout joke
:confused:

Strength (6) - I'm a fat nerd, though I can do some tough stuff on a good day.
Perception (7) - DOTA does teach you quite a few things...
Endurance (4) - See Strength.
Charisma (6) - Me mum always says I look nice, and the girls always seem eager to talk to me.
Intelligence (5) - Not the smartest, but I do have some good critical thinking.
Agility - ...see Strength... o_O
Luck (7) - "Pure Skill! Not luck at all." - Ogre Magi. If my luck with Ogre says anything, it's pretty high. I can get some good luck streaks off, but it does crash at points.

Sir Zabblepants

It's not easy being cheesy
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Strength - 7. I'm a big lad, and have to do some heavy lifting each week. Got a weight right next to me now, infact.

Perception - 5 (+1 - Four Eyes trait) Apparently, I've got 20/20 vision, but I'm a bit shortsighted. Wearing my glasses, can see far out, mind.

Endurance - 4. I've got some minor health problems holding me back, but I'm not an ill sack of jelly either.

Charisma - 8. I've wrote professionally, performed in high school, and have received a number of compliments on my eloquence.

Intelligence - 8. I'm a computer programmer, gotta be doing something right, there.

Agility - 3. I am fairly slow, but have no desire to go faster.

Luck - 7. I make my own luck, and that's some pretty good luck.

Kioku

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I don't think I'd be a good judge but I'll guess
Strength - 3
Perception - 2
Endurance - 4
Charisma - 3
Intelligence - 8
Agility - 1
Luck - 5 (as humans shouldn't it be 5 for everyrone ;p )
... yeah pretty bad stats overall. Hehe.

Ethaes

Vesper Iris
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
ethaes.deviantart.com
Got to go with the classic 40 points. Because 28 is a dumb number.

Strength - 6 (Not weak, but I'm certainly not ripped. No I don't lift, bro.)
Perception - 9 (Annoyed when other people don't ever notice anything. Pay attention. Use your peripheral vision. Also, I find lots of shiny things.)
Endurance - 2 (It's too hot.)
Charisma - 3 (Introverted as heck.)
Intelligence - 8 (Common sense and a boatload of random knowledge: check! Forget about the math though.
Agility - 7 (Not a gymnast, but I do have some decent reflexes.)
Luck - 5 (Meh)

Kioku

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm not sure anyone was doing 28. the first added to 35 and he/she just said to basically rate attributes 1-10. maybe I should have used base totals from the game or from D&D though. I just rated what I'd give each from 1-10. Well my total was 26 so it was close the right number anyway than I guess. If I was going to distribute 2 extra points I guess I'd make strength a 4 and agility a 2.

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Don't worry about the in game math (unless you want to). Just rate yourself as accurately as possible.

Kioku - I am neither a he or she. I gender identify as a toaster.

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
Strength - 6 or 7 Seems fair, I beat a Football player at arm wrestling once, can easily do 10 pull ups (but I am really skinny)
Perception- 8 or 3 I miss read/hear things, and can't smell (I have an abnormal lack of taste buds on my tongue) but I notice inconsistencies and similarities in lots of things and have the eyes of a hawk, various other things related to perception
Endurance- 6 I'm assuming physical endurance and not pain tolerance, because if it was pain tolerance it would be an 8
Charisma - 3 meh, I really don't like talking to people and my best friend is a jerk who pushes me around and I just let him because he has no other friends...
Intelligence- ? six... I don't think that a person can truly judge their own intelligence.
Agility - 10 I'm no cheetah, but my title don't lie
Luck - 3 By birthday was the 3rd and I still haven't had my party...

0Zero100

Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Strength - 6 or 7 Seems fair, I beat a Football player at arm wrestling once, can easily do 10 pull ups (but I am really skinny)
Perception- 8 or 3 I miss read/hear things, and can't smell (I have an abnormal lack of taste buds on my tongue) but I notice inconsistencies and similarities in lots of things and have the eyes of a hawk, various other things related to perception
Endurance- 6 I'm assuming physical endurance and not pain tolerance, because if it was pain tolerance it would be an 8
Charisma - 3 meh, I really don't like talking to people and my best friend is a jerk who pushes me around and I just let him because he has no other friends...
Intelligence- ? six... I don't think that a person can truly judge their own intelligence.
Agility - 10 I'm no cheetah, but my title don't lie
Luck - 3 By birthday was the 3rd and I still haven't had my party...
But you said you were having it on Saturday. So shouldn't you expect to have a BETTER day on Saturday than the week leading up to it?

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
Actually, due to some unfortunate circumstances I had to postpone it to next Saturday.
Thus, the 3.
If it makes you feel better, my birthday is tommorow, right in the middle of exam season. So no fun for me - just revision.

Vixey

Sapphire Maiden
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Strength- 2 I'm pretty weak
Perception- 7 I'm pretty good at spotting things. I miss out details when I'm not paying attention, but I often catch things others don't
Endurance- 8 I can shrug off quite a bit of pain, I can push myself pretty far and the environment rarely bothers me
Charisma- 10 My specialty. I'm charming, well loved and I like to talk when I can, but I don't talk around others. I put a bit of effort into how I look as well. I'm very convincing
Int-9 I'm pretty smart as well. I can figure out a lot of things very quickly and learn skills fast
Agility-2 I'm not very fast.
Luck- 1 I have terrible awful luck in life

snowyblitz

The poofiest of ponies.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Love me some Fallout!

Strength - 7 I used to work a Warehouse job where heavy lifting was a daily thing

Perception - 6 I have fairly decent eyes and intuition.

Endurance - 4. I'm overweight. Working on changing this

Charisma - 5 Very average. I'm not much of a talker and am really bad at opening up to new people

Intelligence -6 I'm not a genius but I know some stuff

Agility - 3 I destroyed my knee playing Rugby in highschool. Can't really run anymore because of it.

Luck - 6 I don't have extraordinary luck but I'm luckier than most!

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Strength [ 3 ] - Not the strongest; I don't work out much. I maintain the ability to move my 160-220 pound friends like those stone blocks in Ocarina of Time, but that's about it.
Perception [ 6 ] - Little details this and that blah blah; kinda' offset by a weaker right eye though.
Endurance [ 4 ] - I'm 5'11", and 130 points. I wonder how far I'll fly in 40 mph winds...
Charisma [ 3 ] - Shy, introverted, awkward and bumbling. I'm a lot more goofy and talkative around my friends, which is what keeps me at a 3 .o.
Intelligence [ 5 ] - I'm not really 'smart', per se, and I hate math that goes beyond addition and multiplication, but I surprise myself now and again :V
Agility [ 6 ] - Despite being fairly out of shape, I can run pretty fast for a good while. I don't start dying until I stop moving. Also, being really skinny allows me to bend and twist as needed.
Luck [ 3 ] - If it can go wrong for me, it probably already has. (Humor aside, it's not all that bad really)

Oh, and just because:

Hair [ 8 ] - It's glorious!