Halloween Costumes

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Tis the season to be jolly! Not because of Christmas as most Wal-Marts and Targets would lead you to believe, but because of Halloween!

Being that it is so close to this holiday, I felt that it'd be a good time to have a post for Halloween related stuff that anyone would like to discuss be it party plans, memories, or costumes.

To start off, I'm going to dress up as Dipper Pines this year from the amazing show Gravity Falls. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend to go and watch it. It's one of the greatest animated shows of our time with tremendous writing, lovable characters, and boat loads more.

I honestly decided to do this pretty randomly. I originally wasn't planning on dressing up this year for Halloween as I had zero ideas on what to do since I already dressed up as Princess Derpy Hooves (did an alicorn version of her so I could use a plush horn I got from WeLoveFine some time ago) and didn't feel like dressing up as her a second time in a row despite it's ease. Then, I happened to be walking through the mall with my friend, sister, and brother-in-law and we visited Hot Topic like we usually do just to window shop and I saw that they had the parka and hat that Dipper wears for sale. I looked at it and thought it was pretty cool, especially since I'm in a bit of a Gravity Falls kick since I'm showing a coworker friend of mine the whole series since they hadn't seen it yet.

As I thought about it, I realized that dressing up as Dipper would be incredibly easy to do since he doesn't dress in anything super complicated and decided then and there to dress up as him. After buying the parka and the hat, we all went around the stores to find everything that I needed for the costume, shoes, socks, a shirt, and shorts. At this point, the only thing that I am missing is a wig that I just bought off of a cosplay website (since I have no wig shops near me) and the costume will be complete. I'm thinking that I'll be able to use the costume for cosplays as well if I decide to go to any non-pony specific conventions in the future. Maybe even have my sister dress up as Mable regardless of the fact that we're not twins because I don't care, shut up.

What I find kind of funny though is that I honestly want to work this year on Halloween if only because I don't have any plans going to any Halloween parties (nor are there any being planned by people that I know) and god knows that at 22 years old, my trick-or-treating days are long over. If I don't work this year on Halloween, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to put the costume to good use until a convention and I don't have any non-pony conventions that I'm going to for me to use the costume. I'll be able to dress up for the sake of class, but I don't really want to since I don't see that as being a place to have fun on Halloween. With that said, work is really the only place that I can think of where I'll dress up and have the most fun wondering if any customers/coworkers will get my costume (probably not since most of them don't seem to be the nerdy time, but you never know). I'll get my next work week schedule over the next few days, so we'll have to see until then. Hell, maybe I'll end up switching with someone who wants the day off if I get it. Shouldn't be too hard.

Anyway, those are my Halloween plans for this year. Feel free to post anything Halloween related! Happy Halloween!

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
No real costume as such. I have a few different Halloween shirts that I'm trying to decide between for Fright Night this year, but thats about it. Halloween isn't much of a thing where I live.

FullSizeRender-17.jpg

Last edited:

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
The science fiction group on campus holds a Halloween party every year, and I intend to go to that. I also want to go to the local Brony group's meetup, but that might be tougher depending on my workload at the time.

Never really have a costume for Halloween, don't have the time, resources, or energy to makes one. If I want to wear one, I'll probably just throw on a cape, my black felt bowler hat, grab a cane from my parents, throw on my band gloves, and call myself a man of (simulated) wealth and taste.
A Brony of Simulated Wealth and Taste

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
The science fiction group on campus holds a Halloween party every year, and I intend to go to that. I also want to go to the local Brony group's meetup, but that might be tougher depending on my workload at the time.

Never really have a costume for Halloween, don't have the time, resources, or energy to makes one. If I want to wear one, I'll probably just throw on a cape, my black felt bowler hat, grab a cane from my parents, throw on my band gloves, and call myself a man of (simulated) wealth and taste.
A Brony of Simulated Wealth and Taste
A couple of years ago i didn't really have a costume as such - just a werewolf mask and black cape. I just threw on a bowler hat that I had left over from Oliver Twist and went as Dapper Werewolf. Fine times were had.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The last real costume that I had (besides last years that I've already mentioned) was a Robin costume that was made by my brother for the sake of a Nightwing fan film that he wanted to do. Never got around to doing it due to the lack of reliability from several parties, but the costume had already been finished and it was pretty good. I wore it for 2 separate Halloweens and I wore it to Comic-Con one year. The latter was a bit embarrassing though if only because the stupid belt wouldn't stay on, but at least it's a funny story to go back to now.

V.A.a.M.P.P

The Man that had a plan but forgot it
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Great Unknown in Texas
i'm not doing anything this year, moving cities to go to another college took a lot from my wallet and i like making all of my costumes. So here have a pic of my costume last year. it was pretty cool if i say so myself, it had glow in the dark teeth, eyes that follow you where ever you look at it and under the hat was a small voice modifier that made me sound robotic...i lost my local costume contest to a guy with a red shirt that had netflix on and holding a bag of ice.
FB_IMG_1476731078367.jpg

Reactions: Avering

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
i'm not doing anything this year, moving cities to go to another college took a lot from my wallet and i like making all of my costumes. So here have a pic of my costume last year. it was pretty cool if i say so myself, it had glow in the dark teeth, eyes that follow you where ever you look at it and under the hat was a small voice modifier that made me sound robotic...i lost my local costume contest to a guy with a red shirt that had netflix on and holding a bag of ice.
Damn, man. That costume is sweet! You should've won that costume contest. The Netflix thing is kinda funny, but didn't take as much effort as that did by a mile.

PixelGrip94

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Just got my wig in the other day, and after some experimentation with the creature atop my head known as my hair, I managed to get it all under the wig just fine, completing my costume. I'll post a picture as soon as I have one, but I'd prefer to have a picture taken of me rather than take a selfie of myself. I have a thing about selfies.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I haven't dressed up in years. Actually, we don't really do much for Halloween here. I mean, for the last 5 years or so, we get next to no people stopping by our door. I think one year we actually had only like a dozen or so sets/individuals knocking. We don't bother shelling out anymore, as a result. It just isn't worth having someone monitor the door for a couple/few hours, when it averages only one visit every 15 minutes or something.

Several years back I put on my brother's vampire cape and took his toy katana and rushed out of the carport to scare kids in a good-natured way (no really little kids or anything). No idea what happened to the plastic sword. Was probably broken and tossed years ago.

Coincidentally I have a real katana (well, it's real hardened steel anyway. It's not authentic, those cost $1000's). I also happen to have a cloak. If I wasn't lazy, and actually had anything I felt like doing then, I could probably mock up a simple costume. It would have to be at a private function though, as the sword being real and all, it'd be illegal to carry in public.

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
That's it! Clearly we should all head to New Zealand and have a costume party at Jay's.
Was just talking to a NZer about it just a couple days ago. 'pparently, Halloween isn't really a big thing over there. Or at least not in the "kids trick and treating" sense. More so in the "Bars and clubs making Halloween parties, but they'd make parties anyways. Gotta sell the booze" sense. 'course, there's a self admitted Halloween dislike in the statement, so mileage may vary.

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Was just talking to a NZer about it just a couple days ago. 'pparently, Halloween isn't really a big thing over there. Or at least not in the "kids trick and treating" sense. More so in the "Bars and clubs making Halloween parties, but they'd make parties anyways. Gotta sell the booze" sense. 'course, there's a self admitted Halloween dislike in the statement, so mileage may vary.
The idea is still sound.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Is that so? That's a pity, on both accounts. But to each their own as they say.