Figure/Toy Collection

drawmesunshine

Knitting fever
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Planet Neighmek
Your Timid Ferovore Hoers and Discord figure is amazing!

I collect Party Hoers Pies mostly, but they're not anything "special"; I just get them at Wal-Mart usually. I really like them, though, and they look nice on my shelf with my DBZ figurines :)

Reactions: Rich Jammer

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I love admiring figures and wishing I could afford more (looking at you, light-up Amaterasu...), but all I have is three amiibos (Marth, Ness, and Shovel Knight), a handful of ponies, and a Funko POP Dovahkiin.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Since they're appearing in other people's photos, I suppose I do also have a few larger (14") pony plushies, albeit incomplete ones that I haven't worked on in years. They're all generally bald at present. xp

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Hey, someone else has a Discord: Flutter On statue! I have several pony vinyls myself, but that's my biggest one. I have a few other statues and something like 20 poni plushes.

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I personally collect mostly video game themed figures, usually Nintendo stuff, including Amiibo. I feel like i'm the only one here who isn't a brony/pony collector

Solar Cloud

The Glue Factory's Cloud artist extraordinaire
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016

This all the figures I have. The highlights of my collection is the Nightmare Moon signed by Lauren Faust. The Vinyl Scratch signed by Nowacking. And, most of all, the Flutterbat. The first to be signed by Andrea Libman.

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Les'see... Don't have any good pictures, but:

-Build-a-Bear Party Hoers (best 25 dollars spent ever ^o^)
-3 in. Gottagofast from McDonalds
-Crash Bandicoot from the Crash Team Racing remote control toy
-Small plushes of each of the main crew from Lawyer Friendly Equines, lined up
-Aaand just started collectiong amiibo's; currently 5! (Link, Fox, Ganondorf, Mabel, and Shovel Knight; had a friend preorder Roy for me)
~Also probably going to collect those official Undertale 'Little Buddies' when they're out

Seeing all of these really cool figurines and collections makes me want to get more stuff >o>

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
Well I have uh.. one Master Chief from Halo 5 and .. thats all, I feel bad against these great collections

Richard Upton Pickman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 5, 2016
Oh thanks so that was how you are supposed to place the flag.:D
Just got the Bookworm Hoers and since i have a leg injury i was glad to even have it put up.
Nice collection y'all have there by the way.

$Bison

Apr 11, 2016
I purchase toys for art reference, or at least that's the lie I tell myself. :oleander:

Spent a whole day posing figures when I realized I could use a huge sheet of sketch paper as a backdrop to hide reality from the camera! Some of the old pictures:

Isolation.jpg

M-my OTP.jpg

Plushemon.jpg

Cyndaquil Uses LEER.jpg

Luchadorpus.jpg

SecretShame.JPG

In my defense, I didn't watch the movie, but the sculpting on these were so appealing, I had to have them. I m-m-mean "it." J-JUST THE ONE!

Last edited:

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
I purchase toys for art reference, or at least that's the lie I tell myself. :oleander:

Spent a whole day posing figures when I realized I could use a huge sheet of sketch paper as a backdrop to hide reality from the camera! Some of the old pictures:

View attachment 916
In my defense, I didn't watch the movie, but the sculpting on these were so appealing, I had to have them. I m-m-mean "it." J-JUST THE ONE!
If you're interested in figure photography I suggest buying a lightbox.
20160813_151022.jpg

Used to take this photo:

But two years ago I started with a few sheets of paper.
20140412_223518.jpg

I too use my figures for pose reference for my drawings.

Last edited:
Reactions: $Bison

$Bison

Apr 11, 2016
If you're interested in figure photography I suggest buying a lightbox.

Whoa, that set up is legit! I was wondering how to get such good lighting like in your photos. I didn't know you could use cloth to help reduce some of the light's harshness. oO Thanks for sharing, RJ!

Guess I know what I'll be doing in the near future... Spare some money and time to make a lightbox (which may or may not be a complete disaster)! I'll be able to share more once this DIY project is complete.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester

Whoa, that set up is legit! I was wondering how to get such good lighting like in your photos. I didn't know you could use cloth to help reduce some of the light's harshness. oO Thanks for sharing, RJ!

Guess I know what I'll be doing in the near future... Spare some money and time to make a lightbox (which may or may not be a complete disaster)! I'll be able to share more once this DIY project is complete.
Sometimes you don't need all that lighting. Sometimes you can do it with one desk lamp and sunlight.
DSC00367.JPG

I took this photo 3 years ago.

Also, I used to use a handkerchief to soften and diffuse the light but it was too thick. Now I use a few pieces of tissue paper.

Also, I suggest buying LED bulbs because they are safer, consume less energy, and do not heat up (like incandescent). Sure they can cost up to 50 times more than an incandescent bulb but it's worth it. You can get some at Ikea. But test them out first cause some are white/blueish and some are yellow/orange etc.