Character voices

When would you like to hear the VA's voicing the characters?

• Total voters

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Here is something that poped in my head last stream. I know that the voice actors for the characters aren't even known yet but it got me thinking and I want to see what you think. Since we are getting more or less monthly updates about the game, what do you think:
Would you like to hear about the VA's voicing the characters through the work stream updates?
How about hearing them for the first time when the beta testing releases?
Or would you rather wait till the game is released to hear the characters voiced?

Discuss your opinions below

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
After they are decided maybe in the backer's forum. And we could get a compilation of different VAs trying for characters, just for fun:D.

But it's actually not necessary to flaunt it before the game is kinda-sorta finished. Maybe for trailers, but I don't think hearing them without the game being ready will be that telling. Hearing it in-game could feel different, than just the recording itself.

Reactions: CactusPearGamer

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
I dont know...they are a group of people who rather iron out all the kinks before adding extra. Seeing how early the characters are in development idk if we are going to hear the voices until at least the beta but idk.

Voices seem to be one of the last things to do before balance, drawing all the animations, making all the backgrounds <Even sketches of them>, idk if we will get voices in the beta who knows...but at least the gameplay will prob be solid by then with all 6 characters working decently well as well as most of the music, background, and online lobby <or at least the 1st version of them> done...but there may be no voices until the final product.

Manley_McDragonpuncher

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Tulsa, OK
As a backer, I think I'd like to hear them in the beta stages, because it's an aspect of game production I don't normally get to see. I have to wait for the games to be released for every other game, so I might as well take this opportunity with a game I'm in the credits for.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I'm not sure. I voted for the Beta stage because it seemed like the best choice, whereas "At a random work stream" kind of seemed... Iffy to me, and "When the game releases" seems kind of like what everyone is used to in the ways of games and voice talent, well, assuming you try to stay away from spoilers and the trailers. I'd rather hear their voices closer to when the game releases personally, I think whoever they decide to choose for the voices of the Foenum Mane6 will be outstanding nonetheless.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
I for one would love to voice one of the characters! I used to do voice over work all the time in high school. Is there like an application process or something? Someone, sign me up!

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
There is a job application form on the main site at the very least, but wait until someone replies and nods at you before actually trying that.

Reactions: Tox

KYMSnowman

Professional Potato
Backers' Beta Tester
That's awesome! I wasn't quite sure who she was at first but I'm definitely familiar with some of her work.

Here's a video I found of an interview with her:

Looking at her body of work, I think she's more fitting as Arizona.

EDIT: The second part is far more relevant to this topic, especially around the 1:23 mark.

Last edited:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
I would've been a bit happier if VAs stayed secret until we get the game. But yay, finally voices!

lovesnhugs

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Jun 11, 2016
Looking at her body of work, I think she's more fitting as Arizona.
I say oleander because i listen to she singing and in my mind i say "wow sound like oleander just like i imagine"
but watch thats vids, and now i say Arizona, or Paprika maybe.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Do reckon Paprika would work as a silent character?
Kinda like a Charlie Chaplin kinda thing. I reckon it could add to the drama/humour. Plus, it'd give her an ironic kind of mysteriousness. "Who is this alpaca? What does she want? ...and why is she smiling like that?"

...Or is the game going to be mostly dialogue boxes rather than cutscenes? In which case, this wouldn't really work.

Reactions: Avering

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Do reckon Paprika would work as a silent character?
Kinda like a Charlie Chaplin kinda thing. I reckon it could add to the drama/humour. Plus, it'd give her an ironic kind of mysteriousness. "Who is this alpaca? What does she want? ...and why is she smiling like that?"

...Or is the game going to be mostly dialogue boxes rather than cutscenes? In which case, this wouldn't really work.
I also always imagined her as the Silent type but with an overly dramatic narrator telling her story kinda like Sheep in the Big City.

Reactions: Tox

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
If you get me blotto beforehand, I can do a pretty convincing Irish accent. Not sure how that helps matters, but its there.