Recent content by ILikeKirbys

1. Your Game of the Year for 2017

I can't decide between Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. On the one hand, Super Mario Odyssey made me feel like a kid again, and I can't really get that feeling much any more (outside of Kirby games). On the other hand, I still go back to Breath of the Wild every once in a while, about...
  2. Word Association Game

Choi
  3. BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

Well, this was rather unexpected... not that I'm complaining. I'd heard about ArcSys having something RWBY-related in the works, which piqued my interest (even though I haven't seen RWBY in a long while, I remember liking what I saw of it... which, admittedly, was mostly the fights)... but add...
  4. The "What are you playing right now, and progress" Topic.

Okay, so I decided to try going to Vah Naboris first on Master Mode, because I went there last in my normal mode file (I went Medoh > Ruta > Rudania > Naboris on that file, so this time I'll be headed to the Gerudo, then the Gorons, then the Zora, and finally the Rito. Not sure if I'll grab the...
  5. The "What are you playing right now, and progress" Topic.

Decided to try playing through Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks again over the weekend. Managed to get through the Snow Temple, now off to the eastern half of the map. Gonna start Master Mode on Breath Of The Wild tonight too. Hopefully it's hard, because I only had a couple of truly difficult...
  6. Fire Emblem

Well, have you ever played a Fire Emblem before? If not, pick Hoshido. It's easier, so you should be able to get a feel for how FE works, as well as Fates's general quirks. If you have, do you want a challenge? Like, a higher-difficulty, more-like-regular-FE challenge? If not, pick Hoshido...
  7. Favorite Indie Games?

Shovel Knight. Original and Plague of Shadows. So much fun. Can't wait for the Specter Knight mode. Freedom Planet too. It's Sonic-y, and I like that. Undertale was nice too. Having a non-combat option to end battles with (outside of run away) was kind of well-handled, but the combat mostly...
  8. Rivals of Aether

Ah, I suppose that makes sense. Sounds nice. I don't think I was very good at wavedashing in Melee (I kinda had it down, but I don't know for certain), but if it's easier here, I might finally be able to grasp these things. I knew I was getting a Melee vibe from this game for a reason. I'm...
  9. Rivals of Aether

...Huh. That'll take some getting used to. I like the sound of parries tho, especially if they're reflectors too. Can you parry in midair? I think I understand. But that leads to a new, less important question: If you have directional airdodges, can you wavedash? Or do something like a...
  10. Rivals of Aether

I remember seeing this game on YouTube a while ago. And also more recently, with a goat. And a bear. So, uh, it's Smashy, yeah? I like Smash, and this looks like a rather fun Smash-esque game, but... I have a few questions before I decide whether or not to pick it up. First, are there grabs? I...
  11. First Fightin' Game(s) You've Ever Played

First fighter I remember playing was one of the Tekkens... 4, I believe. It's the one where I got owned by Jin and his eye-lasers, so it's either 4 or 5, because I know that was something he could do in both games. As for first one I owned... Super Smash Bros counts, right? If that doesn't...
  12. Beat Em Ups

Yeah, these were quite fun. Moreso the Simpsons, since I only saw Turtles in Time once or twice in arcades. I liked playing Double Dragon at my uncle's house when I was younger. I sucked at it (especially the weird platforming section in the... forest? I think it was a forest level, had a river...
  13. Pokemon

I do! I like Treecko! Yeah, I prefer Mudkip (Torchic's also cool, but that's mostly just for Blaziken), but Treecko's good too. Honestly, all of the Hoenn starters are great. Hey, Bulbasaur was my first Pokémon too! Eh, I prefer Water starters (except Black/White's trio; Oshawott's cute, but...
  14. Pokemon

Ooh, that must've sucked. I feel your pain, mate. I remember going Cyndaquil once. Don't think I made it past her, just restarted and went back to Totodile. Gen 3? I mean, yeah Gen 2 sucked for Grass, but 3 was kinder to Treecko if I recall correctly. Totodile generally had it easy in Gen 2...
  15. Favorite Video Game Protagonists

Wario. The best treasure hunter, if only for the insane lengths he'll go to to get money. Beating up pirates? Beating up the same pirates again? Getting lit on fire? Being rolled up in a snowball? Being squished flat? Becoming even fatter to the point he can barely jump? Triggering allergies...