Your Game of the Year for 2017

ty4brawl

Feed b ack
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
FL
discord.gg
Wow, looking at the list of games that came out this year I'm pretty sad that about the only thing I have played is puyo puyo Tetris. So, given that, I'd say the beta of this game, if it counts. If not, I guess I'll give the only vote Puyo Puyo Tetris is likely to get. lol

Reactions: Salty Beef

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Zelda, with Mario close behind. The impact of these two games is gonna be felt for years to come.

Frost Aura

That guy that answers questions
Sep 20, 2017
Canada
I think my favourite games that I started this year would have to be League of Legends (I did say that I started this year) and Skullgirls.

bibliodragon

Mashing the buttons!
Backers' Beta Tester
Jul 7, 2016
sonic.jpg

Nostalgia chasing games never usually manage to pull it off. (I'm someone who liked Yooka-Laylee, but even then it was no Banjo-Kazooie.) Yet somehow this game manage to distil the experience of wasting so much childhood on Sonics 1, 2 and 3. Even though the special stages suuuuck I have almost all the blue sphere stages coins, but alas the stage 5 chaos emerald remains out of reach. No proper ending for me. Yet.

Valsion

Feb 24, 2018
This might be cheating since it was still early access at the time but I'd say Subnautica.

Star Catcher

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
SUPER MARIO BROS 2, BABY!

In all seriousness, though, I'd say the game I had the most fun with in 2017 would be Breath of the Wild or Odyssey, with Terraria and League of Legends being my "most played" games in general. I know Cuphead should be on that list, but I still need to get that game.

WereWeasel42

Feb 17, 2018
Texas
Hollow Knight for me definitely. It’s such a great game with crisp combat and tight platforming alongside moody, thrilling exploration and cute character designs. I love the soundtrack too; Hornet’s theme is the best.

Reactions: Alevgor

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
This might be controversial but for me it has to be Mass Effect Andromeda, after the end of Mass Effect 3 going to Andromeda was the only way forward for the franchise and it was quite interesting to explore Andromeda it also took a good long time to beat and I enjoyed the characters and story. Unfortunately it was really rushed before launch and then they canceled the Quarian Ark DLC meaning it's also my most disappointing game of 2017.

ILikeKirbys

Puffball Enthusiast
Feb 19, 2016
I can't decide between Super Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild.
On the one hand, Super Mario Odyssey made me feel like a kid again, and I can't really get that feeling much any more (outside of Kirby games).
On the other hand, I still go back to Breath of the Wild every once in a while, about 10 months since I got it. I just finished up the Champion's Ballad quest, and the reward is something I need to take around Hyrule.
So yeah, I've got a tie... though if I had to pick just one, I'd probably pick Odyssey, just because I really love platformers.

Other games I liked last year that I couldn't put up with those two include Cuphead (it was a fun time, hate that doctor tho), Hollow Knight (which I still have yet to beat... stupid beetle soldiers), and A Hat In Time (which I primarily bought because nostalgia, but it was much better than I expected, I could easily put it behind BotW and Odyssey as my 3rd-favorite game of the year, and it has mods too... I really gotta go back and play more of this one).