Your Future "Mane" in TFH

Favorite "Mane"?

• Total voters

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
As the title implies, which ungulate you want to main once Them's Fightin' Herds is out?

I'm very interested on picking Velvet so that I can kick everyone's flank with elegance and grace. :p
But since I played a lot as Purple Smart during the FiM period, I will take a peek on Oleander as well.

TwistedSheep

A sort-of-artist
Backers' Beta Tester
Pom, I excel with puppet characters don't know why but I do also Pom is adorable and has puppies and a New Zealand accent, I can't avoid playing as her.

Second would either be Goat for good mobility or Paprika for hugs and unpredictability

The Skullivan

That guy what with the ponies
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I feel like it'd be hard to say until I actually get some hands-on time with the game to see whose playstyle I'm most comfortable with. But depending on how much of the gameplay gets salvaged from their counterparts from Fighting is Magic, I'll probably ended up going with Oleander.

Ferettoko

Procrastinator at Large
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Whoever ends up playing most like Eliza from Skullgirls heh... 'XP

Galaxy Heart

Caffeine-Based Life Form
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Down the ne'er-do-well.
I tend to go for zoners as a base rule, but if I find a character I just "click" with, I'll go for them.
For example, I initially went for Yukiko in Persona 4 Arena, but ended up on Sho.

So it looks like I'll start on Velvet and end on... I don't even know, it could literally be anyone.

Dat Shambler

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Probably Velvet. She looks to have really good range, and I usually like to keep away from the opponent, so... yeah, Velvet it is.

Alex--Dash

Chiro the Bat Pony
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Utah
I'm going to play with each of them first, to see what I think and who feels right, however, the current plan is Paprika.

Zeropoint

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Oregon
I find it surprising that anyone can even pick a favorite at this point, when we haven't seen the characters in play . . . or is there some information about the characters that I'm unaware of?

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
I find it surprising that anyone can even pick a favorite at this point, when we haven't seen the characters in play . . . or is there some information about the characters that I'm unaware of?
Well, they have seen some of them in streams. And for all of them we've got basic ideas of what their playstyle will be like, so those experienced with fighting games enough to have a favored style presumably base them off that, like a zoner can probably safely say they'll like Velvet already. And then there would just be those that'd wanna play as their favorite character.

Feanor

Proud Velveeta
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Earth
Well, if it's not obvious enough already, Velvet is my favorite. All plans are on her to begin with. Still, even though I haven't really played fighting games until now, what little I have played of SG makes me think a Rushdown, in your face type character is more my style. Then again, at this point it's probably just because that feels simpler and easier to wrap my head around right now. I did main AP mid in LoL, so it shouldn't be too much a stretch.

thepaintrain8465

Feb 7, 2016
Since I love zoning/keep-away I'm going to try my hand on Oleander and Velvet. But since Pom is my favourite at the moment I'll try and learn her too.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
I'll try all of them out a bit, but I believe that I'm going to play it safe and at a distance with Pom. Plus, she's just too cute, I've only ever played about 30 hours worth of fighting games, so getting used to controlling a puppy at a distance will take some getting used to.

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I have no clue whatsoever! :D

Though I'd love to get my hands on Tianhuo and Paprika. Those fast-paced, mobile, zany playstyles. Arizona looks cool too. And Velvet. And Pom. And Oleander. And goat. Oh my....

Gecko Tony

Forum Noob
Backers' Beta Tester
Mar 17, 2016
I'm leaning Arizona because I suck at zoning or using puppets, and the lasso seems like a really fun mechanic. I am interested in the goat, but that's because goats are amazing and not because of playstyle or anything

Koiyuki

Humble subject of the Empire of Tianhuo
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 18, 2016
Somewhere in SoCal
L O N G M A B O Y S

If Tianhuo is anything like her inspiration, it'll be divekick city once I get my hands on her

crispyruffles

Addicted to Skullgirls til this comes out
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'll be attempting to main pom, but who knows who I'll gravitate to in the end. Though I got a feeling I'll eventually try to be good at most, if not all of them.
Actually, if we're introduced to a grappler, that's who I'll main.

Sunset Radiance

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 12, 2016
Pom, definitely! I love Ms. Fortune in Skullgirls, and she looks similar to her. Though, I love Tianhuo's aggressive rushdown style.

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
paprika as I love charge characers a lot and having a teleport,tricky overheads, long range, as well as lockdown with the apple toss...idk seems cool...and they havent even gotten to the supers yet and from what I seen in streams she still winning without it lol...against others that are more complete...

Ethaes

Vesper Iris
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
ethaes.deviantart.com
I'll probably end up using either Velvet or Oleander. Their playstyles seem to be more my speed from what other fighting games I've played.

Last edited:

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
Not sure..... *Looks at avatar* *Avatar looks away*. In all seriousness probably the goat will be the closest to my playstyle (at least from what we know about her), until then Paprika most likely. Though I have a record of randomly changing main characters in a fighting game as my playstyle changes.

TigerKirby215

I should be doing work right now
Crowdfund Backer
Mar 29, 2016
Oli-senpai is best senpai.

I'm not one for zoners though, really. Considering that I had a dual-queue of Cerebella + Beowulf as my mains in Skullgirls, probably going to end up playing Arizona.

So Oli because I <3 her, and Arizona because I'll likely actually be able to play her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jekijet

Salty Tryharder
Backers' Beta Tester
May 29, 2017
France
Definetely Oleander, I've try to discover all the combo and the possibilities that she can offer.

She has a good spacing, nice range and good starter combo :)

She's the one for me ^^