Worst Gaming Rages You've Ever Had

Reixi2525

French Baguette
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
> Buy some crates & keys on TF2 a 13th Friday
> Unboxed an unusual Soldier Hat. Was surprised.
> Goes insane when I discover it has a very bad effect.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I occasionally get pissed at a game (or alternatively, my computer if it's being a pain). I've never broken anything though, there is always that core of my mind that has control and refuses to potentially break anything because I'd just have to replace it). I occasionally have to do the same thing (fight, stage, etc) over and over again because I MUST GET IT DONE. Usually I do persevere, even if it takes a bloody hour or more of nonstop trying and failing. Very rarely do I ultimately give up in disgust. Basically, if I'm getting to the point I'm raging, I'm invested in the game enough that I don't want to just give up. Other games if I get to a point I'm getting annoyed, I usually just drop the game.

I rage the most when I feel the game is being cheap, or if something stupid is stopping me from progressing. My most recent mini-rage was with a Dragon's Dogma miniboss that kept knocking me down before I could execute a skill. Oh, and a little more recently it wasn't a rage so much as annoyance that a pissant boss kept flying off before I could kill it. I eventually solved the problem by spamming high Maelstrom (tornado of darkness) at it so it would keep getting knocked down if it made the mistake of trying to fly away.

Moon Drops

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Not my rage exactly, but a fun story...

I was playing Blazblue with a friend, and we played long enough that the salt was setting in for him. During one match he started dropping a lot of inputs so he started spouting things like "Stop it", "No", or "Do what I tell you!". At one point, I thought he was telling me to stop attacking so he could figure out what was wrong, but I misunderstood. What he ACTUALLY wanted was for me to finish him off quickly, so when I started to back off he stuttered "No-wait-where are you going-sto-NO- PUNCH ME! HIT ME! KIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!" At this point I cracked up so hard I dropped the controller.

Silver Rain

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 8, 2016
Yes to that Anor Londo part with the small walkways through the first half of the area. After that portion is over, it's no where near as bad.

Even the Crystal Caves seems like a non issue to me compared to that Anor Londo section.

And I've lost hundreds of thousands of souls all at once too. Frustrating, but it happens.

crispyruffles

Addicted to Skullgirls til this comes out
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm not one to rage. I can only remember getting very depressed on hard games. What those games where? I can't remember.

Chad B.

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I haven't had any big rages with newer games. My most recent rage was near the end of Sly Cooper 3. That whole last chapter of the game was pretty annoying, and playing in the red/blue 3D didn't help at all. I guess that one was pretty much all on me.

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
In Skullgirls I raged for a while at Maria when I first faced her. It was in arcade mode, and I was playing Peacock. She seemed easier in story mode, giving more openings between attacks, or maybe I just knew what to do better.
Marie got a patch that lowered the difficulty level during her Story mode battle if you're not playing on Hard or more. I have bad memories of fighting her before the patch, with every single character.

I also have some bad memories of those Secret Areas in Super Mario Sunshine, where you don't have FLUDD, as a kid. Me and my brothers didn't realise that we didn't have FLUDD, leading to some extreme "BUT I PRESSED R!!!!!" rage moments.