Will there be physical copies sold in stores?

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
That's another thing these sorts of indie games can't worry about until later, much like with console ports. Physical versions are possible in the future if the game is rather successful. Though I think changes to ESRB fees (I think? might have to look that article up again) completely screwed lots of indie devs and made them cancel physical versions, so don't count on it.

Pom d'or

Gave himself a fake award
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
Though I think changes to ESRB fees (I think? might have to look that article up again) completely screwed lots of indie devs and made them cancel physical versions, so don't count on it.
Maybe this article? Or some other one talking about the same fee change thing.
Why your favorite indie game may not get a boxed edition
The issue there is actually only with console games - in short, now that there are lower fees, the 'big three' console developers require an ESRB rating for any physical release game.

That situation is a real bummer, but thankfully the limited physical release of TFH (as a backer reward) won't be affected since it's PC-only.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
It wasn't that article specifically, but yeah, it was something like that. Should have remembered it had to do with console versions of the games specifically. Bleh.