Who you want to main; who you probably will

silverreverb

→→+z
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
at this point, I'd probably pick oleander. I expect this to change as we get updates

crispyruffles

Addicted to Skullgirls til this comes out
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Nobodies' really said Tian yet, might be worth it to bring this topic back up once we've seen some of her. Maybe even pin this since this will likely be a common thought until the game's release.
This will definitely be big topic once the game comes out. Who knows, maybe I'll main the goat. x)

StopShot

But can you poni-poni-poni?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
Tianhuo would be my main only because she doesn't stick out to most players and I like playing what's not in favor as a surprise. Also that and her name is pretty hard to remember. Players are likely going to come up with an easier to remember/spell nickname like "Tina" which I'm sure the character personally would really dislike being called such.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I want to main Velvet, or Twi-er-Oleander.

But I'll end up maining the one who's look I like the least.

Well Tianhuo, looks like we'll get to spend some quality time together...

heko

Professional Facebook Gamer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
California
Arizona. Reminds me a lot of Filia from Skullgirls.

Possibly I'd might dabble with Tianhuo.

elekk

That annoying thing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I want to main Pom, but I am too slow to think about something other than my own character, so most like will end up as the most loyal and dependable pony cow. There's something you don't like? Kick it in the face! Plain and simple strategy.

Solvandus

Chin Piece
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'd love to main Paprika (so fluffy!), buuuut I'll probably start off getting to know Velvet and Oleander, judging by what I've seen of their playstyles so far ¬‿¬

Flutter KI

Killer Instinct fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Aggressive, footsie based rush down is my preferred style so Arizona all the way. Oleander and Tianhuo will be pockets.

JedTheKrampus

bad at fighting games
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
USA
the 100% goat switch is on 100% goat switch is on 100% goat switch is on 100%

I don't even care how the character plays, I just love goats

Reactions: Nelson

Chromenitro

Meow.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Mexico.
I´d probably stick with Arizona since I loved the way AJ moved on FIM, but I also loved how Random and unpredicatable Paprika seemed so she may be someone I stick to depending on how she plays.

at the end of the day I´ll just try to practice and Master all of them, seems time consuming and probably even confusing since you can get some of the moves mixed up but that´s the experience I´m willing to go through.

JackOlivier

Philosophical Longma
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
New York City
When I had a hand in Fighting is Magic, Party Hoers and I sync so well that Paprika might be the first I'll play. A character I will desire to master is Tianhuo just for her backstory. I want to train to respectfully play her to her maximum potential and show the superiority of the Longma Race.

Nimble Wing

Often Types Too Much
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My house
www.ponychan.net
Looking at the gameplay for Velvet, I would love to be able to play well as her. And I think the ideas for Oleander sound pretty cool! But I've always been the kind of player to just rush in and beat down whatever is in front of me instead of worrying about zoning or magic, so I'll probably just end up practicing Arizona and/or Paprika. Maybe the goat, once we get more info.

Mr_Kenyon

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I'd love to be good at Arizona, myself. Knowing me, though, I'll probably find myself maining Oleander.

LittlestPupShop

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Velvet for 100% glamourous zoneing! Prolly dabble in Pom a little because evil scummy set-up dogs okizime on knockdowns looks like it will be a thing with her. Oleander in consideration because IN THE END EVERY HEART RETURNS TO THE DARKNESS ONCE IT CAME DARKNESS CONQUERS ALL WORLDS KINGDOM HEARTS FILL ME WITH THE POWER OF DARKNESS!

_L1pE_

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Tianhuo and Tianhuo, no matter what it takes. Arizona will be my backup.

Enzo Perez

Feb 3, 2016
I'm hoping to get good with Paprika mainly because Party Hoers is my favorite character in FiM, when they showed how she works in their original game I wanted to play her. I like how they have adapted it to Paprika and the new game.

blue

a pick of the paka pack
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Pom and paprika. both charge and puppet are based fighting arch types!!

SilentCarto

Literally the Worst
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'll probably go for Tianhuo, but Oleander is also a pretty cool ungulate.

Not that I'll be any good either way, but still.

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
My initial plan is to try Velvet, mostly for those Armstrong-style ice sculptures. No idea who I'll actually end up maining though.

Nelson

#DormWifi
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm thinking maybe Paprika because she's not too complicated and seems very aggressive and powerful. :D

Rayne-The-Skunk

Dark Side Artist
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think I will try playing Oleander. Not only is she my favorite, but playing Riptor in Killer Instinct made me realize I really like making someone's wake-up a night mare. Olly's traps do just that.

Jocodipity

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I want to main Tianhuo, mostly because I think her design is really cool. Probably end up playing Arizona from what I've seen though.

Deerypoof

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I love deer, so probably Velvet, but Pom is also super cute :)

AirSonance

"My heals are here for you!"
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I really like how Velvet's looking, but my style of rushdown is better attributed to Arizona

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm all about Tianhuo. Waiting to see how she plays, though. Otherwise Arizona is the kind of character I'd also play. I'm not much for zoning or charge characters (sorry Paca :( )

ccg

Grand Pone Watcher
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Philippines
Rai-... I mean Tianhuo.:rolleyes:

I've pretty much learned every nook and cranny that RD was capable of on TE... And even if Tian would be entirely different I' d still main her.:)

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
As already told in other similar threads: Velvet and Oleander since I used to main Rarara and Twi

Frogmyre

The one and only Frogmyre
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Somewhere over the rainbow
As little as I may know about fighting games... I shall say this. Pom is who I'd like to main, her and Paprika. No idea if I'll be able to, of course, but I can try!

CosmicDashie

Dank may-mays
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Canadia
i absolutely want to main velvet, smug deer is too good....... but ill probably be good with arizona ;-;

LoveIsBlue

Feb 7, 2016
I don't do so hot with gimmicks. I prefer my characters straight-forward and decent all-around, something based on mastering fundamentals.
Maybe that's boring, but it's how I do.
So I guess that means Arizona will end up being who I pick up first and foremost, since she seems like the most straightforward of the lot so far. I'm really hoping Goat is another one of those straightforward types, because I'd love to play as a goat.
I also vaguely hope Goat is a male, since I don't have any knowledge of this yet. It's not a deal breaker, but it'd be nice.

Rashy

EVO Champ Since Vietnam
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Gonna probably main Paprika, will probably try out Pom tho.

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
I don't do so hot with gimmicks. I prefer my characters straight-forward and decent all-around, something based on mastering fundamentals.
Maybe that's boring, but it's how I do.
So I guess that means Arizona will end up being who I pick up first and foremost, since she seems like the most straightforward of the lot so far. I'm really hoping Goat is another one of those straightforward types, because I'd love to play as a goat.
I also vaguely hope Goat is a male, since I don't have any knowledge of this yet. It's not a deal breaker, but it'd be nice.
Goat is female. About all the information about it is that, and that she'll walk up walls and ceilings apparently. Which doesn't SOUND straightforward, but maybe won't be too hard to use