Who you want to main; who you probably will

crispyruffles

Addicted to Skullgirls til this comes out
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm one of those annoying ones called zoners. So sadly, I'll probably be maining Velvet. Though I've always wanted to be a puppet user, so I'll definitely be trying to get good at the Pom.

Lex-

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Pom for sure.

Velvet and Oleander look fun too though. Paprika not so much since I never really got into charge characters.

DShou

Tianhuo is Best Longma
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
dshou.deviantart.com
I don't play enough fighting games to tell, but from what I can tell I think I'll be down for rushdown combat. So I might stick with Arizona for a while. I'll definitely be trying to get a good balance of all the characters however!

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'll probably main as Oleander. I want to try the other characters too, other than Paprika only because I can't use charge characters for crap. Never understood their controls, personally.

Sir Wombat

Likes Background Orange
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Background Orange is best pony, so I mained her in Fighting is Magic. I will try to stick with her, but might also dabble in Oleander.

Aardvark

Armadillo?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Pom is who I'd like to go with, although I almost certainly lack the skill for puppet characters. That probably leaves me with rushdown. Arizona here I come!

Nivek_Draco

I don't even care what my username means.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
'MURICA
I'm one of those annoying ones called zoners. So sadly, I'll probably be maining Velvet. Though I've always wanted to be a puppet user, so I'll definitely be trying to get good at the Pom.
I'll be using that one class with the self-healing ability...once it comes out...if it ever comes out.

Ambris

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Aaaaaah, I was literally just about to make this topic.

Anyways, I'm generally fond of aggressive rush-down characters. In the original Fighting is Magic, I was planning to main RD (being both my fav pony, and exactly my play-style made that obvious). But with TFH, I'm not sure I'm sold on Tianhuo's design though. I will probably still try her out though.

I love both Oleander's and Velvet's designs however, so I will likely main both of them, possibly favoring one or other once I've try them both. Though I'll have to get used to zoning strategies (which don't come naturally to me xD.) Arizona looks kickass to play as well, so I'm sure I'll be trying her.

Reactions: Jacobs118

Oscarglez93

The best mid tier you'll encounter
Feb 3, 2016
I'm certainly going to use Pom since my main was Timid Ferovore Hoers in Fighting is Magic (gotta love those 100 hits combos).

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
I certainly am nowhere near big enough into fighting games to have a preference in style, but Oleander is definitely my favorite character so I'm hopeful I'll be able to get good with her. She certainly seems interesting without being that hard to use, and if I recall right Bookworm Hoers was considered quite powerful so hopefully I won't have much issue!

Sir'osaurus-Rex

Classiest of Dinosaurs
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Personally I would love to main as Pom however seeing her from the last stream makes me think she may be a bit difficult for a "noob" such as myself. This leaves me to ponder who may fit whatever play style I may develop as I am not a hardcore fighting game player, but I do so very much love the genre.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
I already have my eyes set on Velvet. I mean, things might change when the day finally comes and I get my hands on the game...but right now, I see myself maining Velvet.

Marioaddict

Literally the Worst
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Had I been more into the project back when it was FiM, I'd probably have been a Paprika main. But looking at the characters now, I'm thinking that Velvet will end up a lot more my style. Never been a fan of up-close-and-personal.

SloppyJoe403

Also known as Soctavia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Iowa
Probably Oleander or Velvet. I liked Bookworm Hoers and Rarara best in Fighting is Magic, so I'd assume the fighting mechanics are still similar.

leslichu

Wombo Combo Enthusiast
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Potential Velvet and Paprika main here! Velvet for her beautiful fighting style, and Paprika because she's adorable!

TheOneZeelOne

Don't be afraid of the dark
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Gadsden, AL
Nobodies' really said Tian yet, might be worth it to bring this topic back up once we've seen some of her. Maybe even pin this since this will likely be a common thought until the game's release.

Jacobs118

Fire For Effect
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm not deciding until I see the Super Moves, but if they're anything like FiM then Paprika for the win.

Sir Linkselot

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I don't know who i'm going to main yet. i'll have to play each character to find out. But if i were to take a guess it might be Tianhuo since i liked using Gottagofast alot in Fighting is Magic

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
I'm going to main Pom. Since I like playing puppet characters but I still would like to see how all the characters play out first.

Pompous

Pom(ination)
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
California
Pom. I've got my username ready, and everything! She looks like she has a steep-yet-rewarding learning curve, and who doesn't love that hahahahah
But I do like playing zoners across many games, so maybe Velvet.

Yeena

local forum predator npc
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
straight outta wawa
twitch.tv
Gonna main Velvet, probably; the "keep away" combat appeals to me a ton, and so does her "dancing," elegant style. Also I have a thing for deer tbh.

bibliogeek

Sick of tea? That's like being sick of breathing!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
DC
I would love to main Oleander, b/c I think she's interesting...I'll probably actually main Arizona, b/c I feel like I'll grasp her move timing more easily.

Rocketknightgeek

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I want to main Paprika or Pom as I love playing confusion and trap characters but I'll probably end up trending more toward Arizona's rushdown mixups when I just want to win.

CrescentCrisis

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I'm leaning towards Oleander, but will probably settle on Arizona based on my own playstyle.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Paprika is my favorite character so far, but like several others have mentioned, I never have gotten the hang of charge controls. Maybe this will be the game that motivates me to fix that, but we'll see. I'll more likely try using Tianhuo as a main, depending on how she plays.

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Fun! I'm planning on making Velvet my main and she definitely will be. I usually pick my characters entirely on how much I like their design or how they look in motion and then force myself to adapt to their playstyle. Velvet to me is just drop dead gorgeous and she's still not finished.

On the other hand, I might have a pocket Oleander I'll never, ever use seriously. But she's too cute not to at least put in some time with. Her design is just seriously really good and I hope to see a color palette where she's not "corrupted" by dark magic. Plus that last gif with her glowing power was pretty awesome.

bibliogeek

Sick of tea? That's like being sick of breathing!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
DC
It's why I want Oleander to be my main sooo badd... Even though I probably can't adapt my playstyle to her moveset.