Which sapient ungulate races would you like to see in Foenum?

UngulateX

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 17, 2016
How about we get mythological up in here? First off, there's the Catoblepas, which was what easily scared ancient Greeks interpreted wildebeest as. Long neck, poison breath, harmful stare, that's practically a entire moveset by itself.
CATOBLEPAS (Katobleps) - Animal of Greek & Roman Legend

Next, we have the Yale. No, not the university, the creature. Basically the Yale is an antelope that has horns that can move around like spare limbs. If that doesn't sound special, I don't know what to say to you.
Medieval Bestiary : Yale

And lastly, we have the Crocatta, which is basically a hooved hyena. But it's not just a hyena with strange footwear: it can also mimic others voices (setting up fights in the story, perhaps?) and use shadow magic to strike it's enemies dumb. A good choice for an final boss in my opinion.
Crocotta - Wikipedia

CrpCrwls

This dim light which falls from the stars...
Feb 6, 2016
I know we already have Velvet as a reindeer but I was rereading the thread and how the hell did the chinese water deer suggestion not get any comment?

I mean seriously.

Those things have fangs. Not small cute ones either, legit bigass fangs. And they can move them to get them out of the way while they eat and put them in combat position...

I'm not sure what character concept it could fit (especially since I know next to nothiing about fighting game character combat style archetypes), but I'm sure it could turn into something awesome.

SSGuy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I was thinking more into it and was really digging the idea of seeing a Giraffe in the universe. I would go as far as to nominate it as an 8th character if we ever got to that point in this game's life cycle. Make her more like a Dhalsim inspired character. Stretchy noodle leg attacks.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
The only real objection I have against featuring a giraffe is the hitboxes. That neck would just be too vulnerable. Plus, the dev team has mentioned that they want all of the characters to have the same hitboxes.

SSGuy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I didn't know that was a thing. That makes complete sense though.

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
Can we please have a Spider!
It could be a grappler character! With the 8 legs and the webs! Plus you could do like venom damage attacks or something.

I'm thinking having it semi-upright
could help make it easier to choreograph for.
Please, Mane6...please D:
...please ...senpai

Avering

Pew-Pew
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Your soup
While I would be all for the idea, I think some actual animal DLCs would make more sense at the start.

SSGuy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Would a Hippocampus count? Eating kelp makes you an ungulate, right?

The extra mile can be taken by given them faces similar to dolphins or whales. Like how the Longma was adapted to be more-so like a dragon. Image below that blew my mind and made me recommend a Hippocampus species.

Artist's account: KatePfeilschiefter on DeviantArt
Original Post: EQ's Hippocampus

Do we have a forum for brain storming off the cusp ideas or even sharing art? I have a creativity bug kicking in.

SSGuy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think it would be difficult (and unethical) to put an aquatic animal (with no legs) on land and make it fight air-breathing quadrupeds.
Maybe so but I was thinking she has a wave or something trail behind her to keep her from not touching the ground like a filthy land lubber. She can sprout three different geysers from underground (Light, Medium, Heavy) It doesn't seem like we need another super zoney character but I think we could make her a grappler if her wave can act as a giant arm and catch her opponent.

SSGuy

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I mentioned the Hippocampus earlier and I did a bit of a doodle on it. not much of a change but while it does have features of a large seahorse, it still could be carried around by a body of water it controls. They can be super intelligent beings that kind of do their own thing under the ocean. But for sure an elemental rival to the Longma.
[/spoiler

CactusPearGamer

Sheep Dude
Banished to the Hold
Feb 4, 2016
Southeastern United States
I mentioned the Hippocampus earlier and I did a bit of a doodle on it. not much of a change but while it does have features of a large seahorse, it still could be carried around by a body of water it controls. They can be super intelligent beings that kind of do their own thing under the ocean. But for sure an elemental rival to the Longma.
[/spoiler
As I said before, aquatic fighters are perfectly viable.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Someoneman

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I want a hyrax. Just look at them

They look like rodents but they're actually ungulates. If one gets added in the game, their personality should be cheerful and friendly until someone accidentally mistakes them for a rodent, at which point they get really REALLY pissed off.