What is Your All Time Favorite Game?

Vector Peasley

Them's Fightin' Nerd
Backers' Beta Tester
My two favorite game series are without a doubt Golden Sun I & II for the GBA and Advanced Wars: Duel Strike for the original DS. Man, those are by far the best games I've ever played. I'm also a huge nerd when it comes to Super Smash Bros.

What's your all time favorite video game?

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
For me, it has to be both The Legend of Zelda Minish Cap and Super Mario World. These two games are what defined a majority of my childhood, and they still hold up extremely well to this day. Minish Cap is special too, since it's what pretty much convinced me to explore every other game in the Zelda series (something I am still trying to do to this day).

I occasionally find myself returning to these games, since they're just that good to me.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
Grandia 2.

It was one of the very first RPG's I ever picked up, clocked in over a hundred hours on the very first playthrough I did back on the Dreamcast way back in 2000. Fantastic game, with a pretty alright storyline, and amazing voice acting.

Altashi

Never Was a Wiser
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Western Australia
Digimon World 1.

Raising 'mons and seeing what they'd turn into based on their training was always fun. As was exploring every nook and cranny of the world. Plenty of great memories of it. Still play through it at least once a year.

SloppyJoe403

Also known as Soctavia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Iowa
I don't play many games, so my list to choose from is very small. I'd have to say either Assassin's Creed II or GTA V.

Clover102

Aspiring Animator
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
my house
clover102.tumblr.com
This is a really difficult question. I dunno...... maybe Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky? Or maybe Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations? Majora's Mask? TF2?! Kirby Superstar Ultra?!

...I can't choose just a single game!
Trials and Tribulations was amazing best in the AA series imo wish we could get Investigations 2 translated

Discord Sparkle

Witch of Doom
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hope's Peak Academy
Trials and Tribulations was amazing best in the AA series imo wish we could get Investigations 2 translated
There is a fan translation available. It's a pretty good game, but it's definitely overhyped by most people that have played it. And, personally, I think the final case is kinda..... not very good.

DataPacRat

Truthseeker
Crowdfund Backer
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri with the add-on pack, Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire, always tops my gaming favourite list.

If I get a decent joystick, there's Lucasfilm's "X-Wing" series of games; Ultima IV through VII; Master of Orion II; M.U.L.E.; NetHack; MAME; ScummVM; Core Wars...

... and for fighting games, it never takes long for my fingers to remember how to play "One Must Fall: 2097".

You may now proceed to laugh while I futilely wave my virtual cane at you and say something resembling either "Get of my lawn!" or "You kids these days with your fancy processors and whole megabytes of memory to work with... uphill both ways, through the snow..." :)

Reactions: JedTheKrampus

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
My all time favorite has to be Fallout 3. Personally, I think the mechanics and story of New Vegas are better (and New Vegas is also up there on my favorites list), but there's something about 3 that just hooks me. Maybe it's the atmosphere, or maybe it's just the fun you can have while exploring the wasteland. Either way, I think I could play that game over and over again without getting bored (plus the mods are amazing)!

Reactions: bibliogeek

Met

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My go-to is Majora's Mask though depending on the time of day it could be Metal Gear Solid 3 or Final Fantasy IX.

And then this past year Bloodborne could have crept into my top 3.

Reixi2525

French Baguette
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

Because I'm playing video games since 2001 and Crash Bandicoot/Spyro/Rayman... This is my childhood. There is a lot of Crash Bandicoot games but my favorite is the third one (the levels, the soundtracks, the bosses...). Then, I got games like Tomb Raider/Abe's Exoddus/Micromachines...

NimbusArchon

Professional Lurker
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I'm surprised by the lack of Chrono Trigger.

It has one of the best stories of any JRPG I've played, and some of the most interesting mechanics. Leveling is paced excellently, and I never felt a need to grind before a boss - just to figure out their systems and weaknesses. The final boss is objectively the best ever (apart from maybe Earthbound and Undertale). In my opinion, it's about as close to the Perfect JRPG as we'll ever see.

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Since there's alot on the list, i'll put the 5 games I like the most in no order.

Metal gear solid 3
Metroid Prime
The Last of Us
Red Dead Redemption
Resident evil 4

Last edited:

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
I don't know if I'd say absolute favorite, but a few old games I enjoy are Black & White and Dungeon Keeper. Those games amazing.

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
I'm all about turn based RPGs. I'm also all about absurdity. As such, Earthbound is by far my favorite game.

It's charming, it's strange, and it's a bit scary sometimes. Love it to death!

hawthornbunny

Fights like a cow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My favorite game of all time is Apidya, which is best described as "Gradius meets R-Type meets a nature documentary".

JedTheKrampus

bad at fighting games
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
USA
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri with the add-on pack, Sid Meier's Alien Crossfire, always tops my gaming favourite list.

If I get a decent joystick, there's Lucasfilm's "X-Wing" series of games; Ultima IV through VII; Master of Orion II; M.U.L.E.; NetHack; MAME; ScummVM; Core Wars...

... and for fighting games, it never takes long for my fingers to remember how to play "One Must Fall: 2097".

You may now proceed to laugh while I futilely wave my virtual cane at you and say something resembling either "Get of my lawn!" or "You kids these days with your fancy processors and whole megabytes of memory to work with... uphill both ways, through the snow..." :)
SMACX is indeed the best.

bibliogeek

Sick of tea? That's like being sick of breathing!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
DC
My favorite RPG has got to be Final Fantasy, y'know, the first one before they added the roman numerals. Jedi Starfighter was awesome. And Kingdom Hearts is always going to be a favorite of mine.

NightLexic

Resident Shadow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My all time favorite game has to be Civilization 3 and its expansions. I have put countless weeks into that game from single player to game spy's multiplayer when that still existed. Though a close second would have to be mech assault. Just to put things into perspective i got Civ 3 with its expansions from a scholastic catalouge when i was in grade 6.

Alevgor

Canis Imaginatus
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Tough choise.
Let's say Star Control 2 aka The Ur-Quan Masters.

StopShot

But can you poni-poni-poni?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
At this point I would gladly buy a re-release of TTYD, just so I don't have to mess around with plugging in my gamecube
That would be really nice if they did make a newer copy, but honestly I wish they'd make another game that just follows the same core with new story and characters. They've been absolutely stunning in those areas, but why they can't follow the same formula I'm clueless on. I'd buy the Wii U if they produce a new Paper Mario game that meets TTYD in gameplay and story otherwise I'm perfectly fine just sticky to my ordinary Wii. :\

hawthornbunny

Fights like a cow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
A pretty solid tie between Unreal Tournament 2004 and Devil May Cry 3.
It took me a while to get used to UT2K4's weird floaty, crunchy feel after playing the original UT to death, but I had loads of fun making silly mutators and mods for it. Still do, sometimes. ^^

MistahM

Ow the Edge
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New Yohk
I have different ones so:
RPG: Every single game in the SMT series, especially DDS.
Sidescroller: Iji. Its a lesser known indie game by Daniel Remar, and it is really fun. It actually had a pacifist run before Undertale, and personally, I think it was better than Undertale anyway. Its a lot like Metroid, in terms of gameplay. I'd reccomend it.
Action: Still Zelda OoT, to this day. It was so fun.
Shooter: Toss up between TF2 and Splatoon atm. I can't really decide which is better!

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
My all time favorite game has to be Civilization 3 and its expansions. I have put countless weeks into that game from single player to game spy's multiplayer when that still existed. Though a close second would have to be mech assault. Just to put things into perspective i got Civ 3 with its expansions from a scholastic catalouge when i was in grade 6.
Mech Assault? I know this is gonna be weird if you already know, but you know there are a lot of games called mech warrior right? Mech assault was more or less a console version of mech warrior, and there are about 5 or so mech warrior games. If you didn't know about them, you should really check it out.

Edit: And mech warrior comes from a tabletop game called battletech, which is more about controlling a lance or more of mechs, tanks, aerospace fighters, and the like.

NightLexic

Resident Shadow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Mech Assault? I know this is gonna be weird if you already know, but you know there are a lot of games called mech warrior right? Mech assault was more or less a console version of mech warrior, and there are about 5 or so mech warrior games. If you didn't know about them, you should really check it out.

Edit: And mech warrior comes from a tabletop game called battletech, which is more about controlling a lance or more of mechs, tanks, aerospace fighters, and the like.
I understand that. The mech warrior games are great but i grew up playing Mech Assault which i love to play and if i ever get a N64 again im most certainly getting that again.

SilentCarto

Literally the Worst
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I can't do "favorite ever". I can only provide a top-N list. I LOVE ALL MY CHILDREN!
  • Undertale
  • Star Control 2
  • Homeworld
  • Chrono Trigger
  • XCOM (classic)
  • XCOM (new)
  • Fallout 1/2
  • Portal
  • Mega Man X
  • Probably some others

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
I think I have to say the Souls series. It's certainly the game I've put the most time into. I also really enjoyed Guacamelee. They had some really clever sequences combining various powerups late in the game. Saint's Row 3 and 4 were just a ton of fun too.

NightLexic

Resident Shadow
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I think I have to say the Souls series. It's certainly the game I've put the most time into. I also really enjoyed Guacamelee. They had some really clever sequences combining various powerups late in the game. Saint's Row 3 and 4 were just a ton of fun too.