What fgs do you play?

GuardianRaven

Master of Unlocking
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Guilty Gear and Blazblue are my favorite, and I've dabbled into Street Fighter for a bit. Gonna pick up SFV on release, looks gorgeous. It's been a long time since I've played Soul Caliber, but that's probably the best 3D fighting game I've played.

elekk

That annoying thing
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I didn't really play any fighting games before Blazblue. And I still only play now and then with couple of favorite characters.
#Taokaka4Waifu

Reactions: Ultra Lucky Cat

Alex--Dash

Chiro the Bat Pony
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Utah
I play a lot of Smash Bros, only casually though. Did Soul Caliber 2 awhile back though.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Fighting games, eh? I've been known to dabble in Tekken, Street Fighter, Blazblue, but my main game is undoubtedly Skullgirls. I'm not especially good at it, but it's where most of my time ended up.
I've played Smash and Rivals of Aether too. I never was one to stick to one game, would seem.
Oh hey! Another Rivals player? Sweet. Who do you main?

Oh, uh, what FG do I play? Uh...um...You know, the one, with the guy?

Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, Rivals, Tekken 3, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibers 2 and 3, and that one game that brought us all here...

Aardvark

Armadillo?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
OI! You 'avin a giggle m8? You wanna take this 2 the Rock Wall? I'll Kragg ya somethin' good I willz!
Oh, is it trash talk time already? *Ahem* You wot m8? You keep talking like that and you is asking for a beating, you is!

Happy to give you some games at some point though. :p

StopShot

But can you poni-poni-poni?
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
An Alternate Timeline
I've only played Smash Bros. Melee through the 4th installment. Haven't really played any others, but I'm eager to play Them's Fightin' Herds! : D

LockeRobster

Drawfriend & ALPHA Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sydney, Australia
lokerobster.tumblr.com
Anyone else here know The Last Blade series? I say series but it was only 2 games... Regardless, for 97-98 it had some of the most beautiful artwork both in backgrounds and character animation. It alway holds a place in my heart. My main in Last Blade 2 was Hibiki, that sword man.

Reactions: dakaptin

Munin

Killer Combo!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Killer Instinct is my jam for now. Pretty excited for SFV though. I dabble in pretty much any 2D fighter cept for anime.

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Anyone else here know The Last Blade series? I say series but it was only 2 games... Regardless, for 97-98 it had some of the most beautiful artwork both in backgrounds and character animation. It alway holds a place in my heart. My main in Last Blade 2 was Hibiki, that sword man.
I managed to catch a local arcade with a "The Last Blade 2" machine way back then. I enjoyed how it looked but I couldn't get a handle on the controls. I mained Akari. Then again, I played it before I was really into fighting games.

Shamash-Nui

Whaler Master
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Let's see...
-Principals: Guilty Gear, Skullgirls, Melty Blood (and Soul Calibur when the game lived)
-Secondaries: UNIEL, Dengeki, Nitro+Blazters,
-Casuals for fun(not too serious) : DOA saga, SF saga, KOF saga, mavhel, tekken 5-TT, Doujin FG like Touhou Sagas, OMK etc, Darkstalkers 3 and Divekick.
-Maybe in the future: Blaz Blue 4

inthesto

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Last Blade 2 is one of my favorite games. I play Speed Shigen, Speed Kojiroh, and Power Kaede.

Reactions: LockeRobster

Matoal

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
I enjoy Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle. I played a bit of Soul Caliber 2 and a lot of Project M.

Barbaloot

Bringer of sorrow and also donuts.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wisconsin
I have about 180 hours in Divekick. I play with a group of regulars almost every week. Great fun!

Otherwise I've been playing Killer Instinct a lot right now. Spinal, Thunder and Riptar are my jam!

blue

a pick of the paka pack
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
Mostly sf4/5, with some skullgirls, BB, GG, and recently some combo assist KI

darahalian

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I've mostly just played Smash Bros, but it's been a while.
More recently I found a game on Humble Bundle called Megabyte Punch which is actually similar to Smash in a lot of ways (including an Adventure Mode type single player campaign), but your character is a robot made completely out of interchangeable parts, each of which provide a different move or stat boost, and are obtained by picking them up from defeated enemy bots. It's pretty fun, but I don't think it has network multiplayer.

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
I mainly dabble in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (which no one really seems to talk about anymore) and Skullgirls. I play some Smash Bros, but not nearly as much as I used to.

I've also played Guilty Gear XX Accent Core and Soul Caliber 2 (Gamecube), but I'm terrible at both of those games.

Nelson

#DormWifi
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The latest fighting game I picked up was SCV, and that was alright. I left it to go back to SSBB though, since everyone in my dorm plays it lol. I will probably be using my DS4 with TFH if possible. :)

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
I played a lot of Fighting Games in my live, my first one was International Karate on the Amiga, later I played a lot of other Games in 2D and in 3D.

Sadly I was not always able to play all Games in a legal way, at this time games like Mortal Kombat where indexed in Germany, and you could play arcade games only in places where you would be not allowed to be when you are under the age of 18, and even if I was able to get some Games that where not official available, I would have to face the problem that many of this games would have region locks. :(

My favourite Games are from SNK, Games like The King of Fighters 98 or Last Blade. I realy like how much love they put into the games, the detailed and somtimes interactive stages, the music and how chars interact with each other, all this things mixed together create a special experience, at least for me. :)

GreySky-GodoftheMachine

Fear; The Shadow of Death
Backers' Beta Tester
Apr 18, 2017
Man where I start... I remember when SF2 came out on the SNES from there I moved onto Smash on the N64. then is was Tekken, Soul Caliber, DOA, Rival School/ Project Justice... so many good ones.

Overall in a fighter I think I look for how smooth or original the fighters are, more than over balanced game play. Also the range game in fighters can be fun too. As far as the last few years goes one of my favorite fighters has been Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit. Personally I think its the best DBZ fighter made so far; I love how even the simple characters have at least a small chance against the more powerful characters if you can get the timing down. The smoothness of dodging and attacks is top tier in my book. believe it or not Yamcha is actually a great character; since he is one of the few in DBZ that use an actual fighting style his combat also feels a bit more natural to me beyond the random flailing of arms some have LOL. Also the match intros show how strong canonically each character is against another, so no more debate.

Reactions: Lanxide

PixelGrip94

Games, Movies, Music, & Ponies!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
My first fighting game was technically Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. However, the first REAL fighting game that I got into was Super Street Fighter IV when my brother-in-law brought it over when he came to visit my sister at a time when they were still dating. I fell in love with the game and asked to borrow it for a day or two (something that I no longer did at that time) and asked for it for Christmas later that year. While I dabbled in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Street Fighter V, nothing really grabbed me as much as Super Street Fighter IV did at that time.

Reactions: Tox

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
My first was Tekken: Dark Resurrection on PSP (mmMmm memories). Stayed with Tekken until Mane6 came around and yea, that was my introduction to 2D fighters. Half a year ago I bought Skullgirls and have been smitten with it ever since ^.^ <3

My brother just recently bought Mortal Kombat XL. I've always hated the atmosphere of masochism and brutal gore that seems to be at it's heart. But, I gave it a go. S'not bad. It is much slower than I am used to, and I don't like that it doesn't seem to allow you to chain combos or juggle. Makes it very rigid to play imo.

Long story short: 1st was Tekken 5DR now I play Skullgurlz =p

Saki

Spirit of a Pro Gamer
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I suppose Marvel 3(Spencer/Wright/Doom), Skullgirls(Fukua/Beowulf), and SFV(Ibuki/Guile). But my first and favorite real competitive fighting game series will always be Smash. Melee(Marth), Brawl(Marth), PM(ZSS) and Smash 4 (Lucina).