What combo trial are you stuck on?

PhantomFox

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Maryland
Figured I'd try and make a hub thread for any people who are learning combos and are hitting a wall.

Personally, I'm having trouble on Arizona's Intermediate 7, namely picking the target back up after the jumping medium. No matter how I time the shorthop, 95% of the time, I can't pick them back up before they hit the ground.

What combos are giving you trouble?

Reactions: Cyberfox VII

Svierrod

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Personally, I'm having trouble on Arizona's Intermediate 7, namely picking the target back up after the jumping medium. No matter how I time the shorthop, 95% of the time, I can't pick them back up before they hit the ground.
So, in order to get Stomp (H) -> Short hop j. B -> c. B to connect, you want to keep as much of the launch from the stomp as you can get. I got this pretty easily by hopping as soon as the stomp hit (you can jump cancel the stomp, you don't have to wait for it to end), and then I didn't feel like I had to delay j. B much, if at all. You probably want to do that button either on the way up, or just before the top of the jump arc.

j. B doesn't seem to affect the opponent's height too much. To really get the biggest window possible to link into c. B, you'll want to tap them with j. B when they're at the peak of the stomp's launch arc. The opponent should stall their descent just long enough to land and hit c. B as soon as you touch the floor. It's kind of hard for me to give good pointers here, because whatever I was doing as my first thought just happened to be the correct thing, and I didn't struggle much at all here.

Also, posting a video of a failed attempt or two with input display would make it much easier for people to give advice (you pushed this button too early, you pushed this button too late, etc.)

PhantomFox

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Maryland
Thank you. I did figure it out a while ago, and yes, the J.M had to be delayed to be meatier. Working on Master 2 now, but that's more just learning the rhythm for now.