Webcomics you read/make

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
I'm sure we've all dabbled in them at some point, the amazing amalgamation of amateur artists and authors known as webcomics, whether it be reading them or making them. This is the thread to discuss them.

I myself haven't really followed too many comics since most of the ones I did either died or finished, but there are some I actively follow or like to re-read on occasion. Here's a list (with links):

- Aki-chan's Life: This one is a sequel to a Neon Genesis Evangellion fanfic called The Second Try, so you won't know what the heck is going on if you read this comic first, but once you do know, it's fun, happy slice of life with an absolutely adorable little girl as our protagonist. It's drawn in a kind-of manga style and while it has a lot of off-model, it still looks pretty good and gets better as it moves along.
- Two Evil Scientists: This comic unfortunately died like 6 years ago, so it kind of just stops after 1994 pages, which is really sad, because it's a real beauty. A Sonic/Megaman crossover comic with fun character interactions, great production values (especially for a sprite comic), and very good writing overall. I don't remember why the comic just stopped, but with the way the story was going when it ended, I sincerely wish it hadn't.

I also have my own webcomic that I make with my brother, L's Empire. A sprite comic about Luigi leaving Mario and spending his time trying to figure out what the heck he's doing, and gets involved with gods, ancient evils, and a variety of nonsensical gags. I personally think we got a lot better after about 100 pages, because the first 50 or so are absolutely shameful for me because of how many issues we had, probably since we still had no real idea how to handle the comic yet. Updates are kind of sporadic though, seeing as I'm living on campus (my brother is at home) and would rather not work on it when I go home for some weekends.

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
Penny Arcade needs no introduction.

I also keep up with Megacynics. It's based around a true story, but deals with fictitious events and liberal use of hyperbole of course. The two main characters are half brother and sister. The brother is the owner of a very successful business, and the sister is a graphics artist or something IRL, I don't remember TBH. They met after they were both adults, but get alone well.

Camp Weedonwantcha. A comic about a camp full of abandoned kids. I read it for a while, enjoyed it enough that I backed the Vol. 1 Kickstarter, so I'm waiting for that to come in before reading more.

Misfile. Ah, I read this a lot, and actually bought the physical copies for about half a dozen of the volumes, bit behind on reading those. The art is generally just line art, no colour, and the character art is a bit rough, though the vehicle art is pretty good (creator is a fan of cars). The premise is that an incompetent angel 'misfiled' the two main characters. Ash, the dood, got gender bent and now has to deal with the fact he has both gained and lost body parts. Emily, the doodette, has lost several years of high school progress where she studied her arse off to get into a prestigous college/university, and is left questioning if she wants to go through all of that again. The world edited around them to adjust to this change, so only they know anything is 'wrong' and are also missing information that others take for granted. This is still ongoing, after over a decade.

Lanxide

I wish I was cool
Feb 3, 2016
Melbourne Fl
Can we get a moment of silence for Action Time Buddies? After years of being in hiatus it's saddens me that the official website is now offline. It was bound to happen since creator moved onto other projects without giving this webcomic a proper ending.
May ye rest in pepperoni.

V.A.a.M.P.P

The Man that had a plan but forgot it
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Great Unknown in Texas
Last edited: