Which do you use?

• Total voters

Tox

Ms. Fortune is best pone
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
NSW, Australia
steamcommunity.com
There are a few threads that have talked bout controllers and such. So, if this get's merged with one of them, that could be a space saver.

edit: I meant to post this in fighting games. whoops, mods halp D: @CamTSB

Last edited:

Svierrod

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Got really excited for Skullgirls back when it was brand new, it was only on Xbox 360 and PS3 at the time, and I didn't have either console yet, but my brother had an Xbox. So I just naturally learned how to play fighting games using an Xbox 360 controller, especially since the USB port let me pivot to PC games easily. And I didn't have to learn how to do 360 and 720 inputs on keyboard. Because I still can't do even 360 inputs on keyboard, and I don't know the secret wizard trick to pull it off.

Reactions: Tox

Nadia

Feb 4, 2016
Germany
I use the Keyboard for Fighting games if I play on the PC, mostly using ASDF + the Arrow Keys, it's a little bit like using a arcade controller minus the Joystick.^^

I tried to play some Games with pad, but the Delay is to high or something, for example I can Perfom the Raging Demon on the Console with the Ps3 Pad without any problems, but if I try that with a Pad on the PC, than it never works for some reason, I have the same probleme with other Fighting Games, using a Pad on the Console works fine, but I get problems if I try the same on the PC.

Epsilon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I'm using keyboard atm and it really sucks. I'm starting to get all my muscle memory from playing GGXX on a high level back together while I should be using a new game opportunity to transfer to a fightstick to be able to kick asses in arcades.

SomeKindOfTiger

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 2, 2017
I am trying out the beta with several types of controls- an xbox 360 controller, a PS4 controller and also a Hori fightstick that I originally picked up for SFV

Pony

I art sometimes
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hey @Tox been a while.
Anyway to answer this, I prefer keyboard controls. WASD may not be optimal for platforming but for input speed of something that needs 8 directions it is perfect- How fast can you rapidly switch right and left?
Move It
(this has not been sped up)

Also my right hand is always poised over 4 or 5 attack buttons that do not require me to move my fingers off of. Sure beats my thumbs dancing around a standard controller. Though I will say I do have a real life friend that is uber pro at MvC2 (multi championship winner) and he built his own gamepad... and his hand is a work of art over those buttons. Props to those individuals that are THAT dedicated.

SomeKindOfTiger

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Jun 2, 2017
Has anybody tried the Nintendo Switch pro controller on TFH yet? Apparently you can use it on a PC, although I haven't tried it yet. Might try hooking it up to PC and seeing if it'll work.