WayForward Games

18/NINE-TEEN

♫ ♪ Just Get On With It & Kill Me ♩ ♬
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
These are the WayForward games I have played.

Shantae (PC emulator)
It was an enjoyable game to play even though I was using my keyboard to control her. The only problem was that the save function didn't not work.
I might have to look up a version that has controller support & saves the game.

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW (XBox 360)
Completed this game in a week or 2 by myself with Marceline, a Speed Token, a couple of other Tokens, a Bubble Soap Token, her Axe Bass & a Big Axe .
I’ve completed & beaten some of the bosses in the Nightosphere levels but life's too short to give that game the time of day anymore.
I’ve collected all the Bmo mini games.

This game almost made me not want to play another WayForward game or to back the Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero KickStarter.

Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero (Beta) (XBox 360 & PS4)
The Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero beta was cool to play. The 1st, 3rd & 4th stages I like playing most of the time.
For now it seems that Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero will be the only Shantae/ original WayForward game to hit Xbox 360 & PS3. Hopefully WayForward will add Shantae series, the Mighty Series & other Original WayForward games (Sigma Star Saga ect) on to XBox 360 & PS3 in the future.
I'm just glad WayForward decided to port SHGH to different platforms from the get go. SHGH may not of made it to all those platforms if they where all Kickstarter stretch goals.

Hopefully I can win a PS4 (won my 250GB XBox 360 trying to win a next gen console and a few other things) or get a brand new 1-4 TB PS4 for cheap in the fututre to play SHGH on a next gen console.

#NegaShantae4ShantaeHalfGenieHero

DuckTales: Remastered (Xbox 360)
Nice game to play. The intro & the end credits makes me want to watch the DuckTales cartoons again.
I think Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero is using the same engine that DuckTales Remastered used.

BloodRayne: Betrayal (XBox 360)
I haven't completed this game yet but I'm enjoying what I have played so far.
I need to practice more on getting some A - C grades when completing a stage.

Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (Steam)
I'm not a PC gamer & I don't care for Steam, but as I've backed a bunch of games that will have alpha &/or beta games, the full games & updates in Steam, (you can download Indivisible & Rabi-Ribi demo/prototype to PC/Laptop) I might as well now be part of the Steam community.

On a side note, I backed Rabi-Ribi and I was expecting a physical copy of the game but due to the company getting 51% funded on Indiegogo and a few other things they had to make a few cuts. One was not giving backers the physical game but giving them a Rabi-Ribi UPRPRC (Usagi Peropero Club = Bunny Licking Club) Edition Steam Key ( game, the digital OST, and the digital artbook) & an extra normal Rabi-Ribi Steam key card added to the (game box) physical rewards.
Rabi-riba (steam)

Back to Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. I got Shantae and the Pirate's Curse when it was on sale. This game was fun to play & complete. I'm playing it again in pirate mode.
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse gives me a rough idea how Risky Boots, Risky Mode (with Tinkerbats & maybe some Cacklebats with her) might play in Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero.

I wonder if a thread about H-Games (Hentai Games) would get deleted?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamerdude854

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Shantae
Previously played it on an emulator, but now I have it on the 3DS Virtual Console. Haven't gotten far, but I enjoy it. I just tend to rush ahead too fast and constantly run into enemies...

Shantae: Risky's Revenge
I own a copy on Steam but haven't played it yet. Waiting until I finish the first game.

Contra 4
Got it on my DS, and it consistently kicks my butt.

Shovel Knight
Not actually a Way Forward game, but it's close enough in my mind. Love this game so much. I haven't tried Plague of Shadows yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
I beat Pirates curse not to long ago and I loved it, although I didn't like the big difficulty spike for that final dungeon, I raged so hard at that part. I also beat the first Adventure Time a couple years back, I loved it but never went back for a second playthrough. I thought the Regular Show game was mediocre and disappointing, not to mention the fact that it gave me carpal tunnel (No joke). A Boy and his Blob (Wii) was awesome although I never ended up beating it.

Reactions: 18/NINE-TEEN

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I beat Pirates curse not to long ago and I loved it, although I didn't like the big difficulty spike for that final dungeon, I raged so hard at that part. I also beat the first Adventure Time a couple years back, I loved it but never went back for a second playthrough. I thought the Regular Show game was mediocre and disappointing, not to mention the fact that it gave me carpal tunnel (No joke). A Boy and his Blob (Wii) was awesome although I never ended up beating it.
WayForward seem to have problems when bring out licensed games. There Adventure Time & Regular Show games always feel like missing allot of elements to make it a great game. This might be due to Cartoon Network putting presure on WayForward to release a game by a curtain time. If WayForward had more time & freedom to make tAdventure Time , Regular Show & other licensed games ' I think they would be and play much better. Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage looked like a fun game to play. I like the song(s) that had vocals in thems.

I did enjoy what the original Adventure Time voice actors & actresses where saying in the game. But after a while hearing the same thing over & over again in the dungeon & Nightosphere levels gets old really fast.

Sound Cloud Adventure Time:ETDBIDK! OST (my favorite tracks in the game)

Super Best Bros Title Theme Super Best Bros Title Theme

Boss Battle Boss Battle

Dungeon 2 Ancient Ruins 3

Monster Floor Ancient Ruins 3

Ice Tunnel 2 Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW Soundtrack

Ice Tunnel 3 Ice Tunnel 3

Heat Signature Heat Signature

Title Theme Heat Signature

Treasure Floor Treasure Floor

I would have bought Might Flip Champs for my PSP if WayForward would have put it on the UK/European PlayStation Store.

Mighty Flip Champs!

I would like WayForward &/or another company to make an excellent Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Univers ( all those fusions would give DBZ fusions a run for its money), Gravity Falls &/or Star Vs The Forces Of Evil Game that represents those cartoon shows.
I've seen some web browser games & mobile games of cartoon shows that have better game play than some of those cartoon shows that get ported consoles & handheld. Maybe some of those games should get an upgrade (better graphics, storylines, voice overs, replay value, longer game play ect,ect) & ported to consoles & handheld?
I'm still waiting for a good Adveture Time game that stars Fionna & Cake . I wonder what the female version Lich King would be like or would they make a new enemy more evil & dangrous than the Ice Queen.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
WayForward seem to have problems when bring out licensed games. There Adventure Time & Regular Show games always feel like missing allot of elements to make it a great game. This might be due to Cartoon Network putting presure on WayForward to release a game by a curtain time. If WayForward had more time & freedom to make tAdventure Time , Regular Show & other licensed games ' I think they would be and play much better. Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage looked like a fun game to play. I like the song(s) that had vocals in thems.
I haven't tried any of the Adventure Time games, but my understanding from what I've heard other people say about them is that "Hey, Ice King!" is pretty excellent, and any after that are not bad but also not great.

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada

I did enjoy what the original Adventure Time voice actors & actresses where saying in the game. But after a while hearing the same thing over & over again in the dungeon & Nightosphere levels gets old really fast.

Sound Cloud Adventure Time:ETDBIDK! OST (my favorite tracks in the game)

Super Best Bros Title Theme Super Best Bros Title Theme

Boss Battle Boss Battle

Dungeon 2 Ancient Ruins 3

Monster Floor Ancient Ruins 3

Ice Tunnel 2 Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW Soundtrack

Ice Tunnel 3 Ice Tunnel 3

Heat Signature Heat Signature

Title Theme Heat Signature

Treasure Floor Treasure Floor

I would have bought Might Flip Champs for my PSP if WayForward would have put it on the UK/European PlayStation Store.

Mighty Flip Champs!

I would like WayForward &/or another company to make an excellent Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Univers ( all those fusions would give DBZ fusions a run for its money), Gravity Falls &/or Star Vs The Forces Of Evil Game that represents those cartoon shows.
I've seen some web browser games & mobile games of cartoon shows that have better game play than some of those cartoon shows that get ported consoles & handheld. Maybe some of those games should get an upgrade (better graphics, storylines, voice overs, replay value, longer game play ect,ect) & ported to consoles & handheld?
I'm still waiting for a good Adveture Time game that stars Fionna & Cake . I wonder what the female version Lich King would be like or would they make a new enemy more evil & dangrous than the Ice Queen.
Wayfoward games always have good music, the Regular Show games music was practically the only redeeming factor. Also Hey Ice King Why Did You Steel Our Garbage! Is Excellent, very similar to Zelda 2 and has a very good pacing when it comes to difficulty. My only gripe is that it can be really easy to get lost in objectives that you just have no idea where to go.

Oh and Wayfoward would make an amazing SU game most likely. They even said that they would love to make an Lawyer Friendly Equines game but can't because they can't get the license

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I haven't tried any of the Adventure Time games, but my understanding from what I've heard other people say about them is that "Hey, Ice King!" is pretty excellent, and any after that are not bad but also not great.
If I never bought Adventure Time:ETDBIDK I would have probably have bought Adventure Time:Secret Of The Nameless Kingdom. One of the prombles I have Adventure Time: The Nameless Kingdom is that it has to many things taken from Adventure Time:ETDBIDK that I didn't like in it. There where elements from Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage to improve the gaming expereince.

I might give Adventure Time Finn and Jake Investigations a try if I can get it brand new (you get Bandi Namco Entertainment points for brand new games for their VIP Corner https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/vipcorner) for cheap.

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Wayfoward games always have good music, the Regular Show games music was practically the only redeeming factor. Also Hey Ice King Why Did You Steel Our Garbage! Is Excellent, very similar to Zelda 2 and has a very good pacing when it comes to difficulty. My only gripe is that it can be really easy to get lost in objectives that you just have no idea where to go.

Oh and Wayfoward would make an amazing SU game most likely. They even said that they would love to make an Lawyer Friendly Equines game but can't because they can't get the license
It would be intresting to see what WayForward or another company would do with Lawyer Friendly Equines if they got the license. Would it be some type of platformer where each playable characters/ ponies would be needed to reach certain areas of the game, completing puzzles, making friends (including some eneimes that could help you later on in the game) &/or defeating enemies, bosses ect, ect (Tiny Toons Adventures Babs Big Break on Nintendo GameBoy & Samurai Pizza Cats comes to mind)

The original Derpy Hooves (Muffin can be Derpy Hooves younger twin sister) would have to be a playble character.

I could see some boss battle between, Nightmare Moon, Discord, Trixie, Starlight Glimmer,King Sombra, Tirek, Sunset Shimmer ,Queen Chrysalis as Princess Executive Mandated Toy Hoers & as her self (two battles). I think when you defeat Nightmare Moon & she turns back into Princess Moonbottom, Discord, Trixie & Starlight Glimmer they will become you friend & assit you in your adventure when you get stuck on a level that needs them to help you out (Princess Moonbottom sends you to the dream/ nightmare world) , they could pop up from time to time to give you advice (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Navi the fairy).
Then again they could go down the Mario 64, A Hat In Time & Adventure Time Finn and Jake Investigations route and create 3D open world of Lawyer Friendly Equines with cool game play. Flying around, race (in the air or on the ground) & using magici n a 3D open world of the Lawyer Friendly Equines universe would be cool.
All we need now is Lawyer Friendly Equines in outa space to open up a whole new dimension (new worlds, alien ponies amongst other things, new characters, new cute marks, new enimes, new friendships & new magic).

Tiny Toons Adventures Babs Big Break Gameplay

Samurai Pizza Cats Gameplay

A Hat In Time

Mario 64

Adventure Time Finn and Jake Investigations

Last edited:

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
@18/NINE-TEEN I wasn't aware that there was a Samurai Pizza Cats game. I used to love that show.

I now want them to make both of those things.

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
The only Wayfoward game I've ever played is Mighty Switch Force. I've been meaning to try out one of the Shantae games for a while now, but I never get around to doing it. Especially since my game bucket list is already big enough as it is.

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
Only played Shantae Risky's revenge, still pretty fun game, Im glad they released it on IOS as now I can play it on my phone whenever i feel like it.

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Just bought Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut at GOG.com (DRM-Free) for about £1.72.

Shantae: 1/2 Genie (physical & digital copies) will be out on the 27 of September. XBox 360 & PS3 Tinkerbackers will get the game ata a later date ( Hopefully we might get a lil something, something for the delay and our patience).
Wish there was a physical copy of Shantae:1/2 Genie Hero for XBox 360,(PS3 should have got a physical copy to) & PC.
I also hope that Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero will be sold instores or online to retailers in the UK, Europe & contries outside of the U.S.A.
Bet there a whole bunch of Mighty No.9 backers that wish they donated or donated more money to the Shantae:1/2 Genie Hero Kickstarter.
Also if the Shantae PayPal for slacker Tinkerbacker was still open when the #Shantae4Smash campaign/vote was going on we would of more than likely hit all the stretch goals for the Shantae:HalfGenie Kickstarter.

#NegaShantae4ShantaeHalfGenieHero.

If this game is a sucess & there is a enough demand for it there a chance some if not all the stretch goals that didn't get funded though the Kickstarter could be future DLC(s) for the game.

#NegaShantaeADishServedColdChapterAsAFutureDLC4ShantaeHalfGenieHero.

Last edited:

Leatherface

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 27, 2016
I played a bit of Pirates' curse and risky's revenge. Whilst i liked the aesthetic of the game, I just found it way too easy, and got bored pretty quickly.

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Although I know about WayForward games the only game I've played is Shantae and on Pirate's Curse on Wii U and 3DS. I prefer the 3DS version for one of the best uses of 3D.... If you know what I mean?
Bouncy, Bouncy.

I'ts like they all got an upgrade. That why I call Risk Boots Risky Boobs.
Look at Sky. Shantae like I'm all grown up now. RottyTop is just being RottyTops.

No more fist bumps. It's chest bumps from now on.
Bolo like Shantae like a little sister to me but she not my actual sister so........

Last edited:

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
from what I played....
Shantae gbc: cam was zoomed way in so i took a lot of offscreen hits and leaps of faith....but i loved the open world, it was very ambitous for being one of the final gbc games really showing off what was possible

shantae ds: cam is zoomed out a lot more making leaps of faith less annoying and the dancing mechanics were fixed to be faster...added a cool ending if you can beat it fast adding some replayability

mighty switch force: didnt really click for me...didnt like you could undo mistakes like you could in pushmo as in rewind time...you had to restart the whole level if you messed up 1 time...i mean it'll still be balanced if rewind time to fix mistakes is there if the timer is still going up..the 3d effect was cool too...

ducktales hd: its pretty much ducktales with a new coat of paint with the original voice cast and its amazing...to bad on those annoying cutscenes but thankfully you can skip them on repeat playthough...

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero E3 2016 trailer.
I could easily do a Mighty No.9 2016 trailer Vs. Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero E3 2016 trailer but I wont.

Last edited:
Reactions: V.A.a.M.P.P

Velvet_The_Reindeer

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 13, 2016
I really hope they port more shantae Games to Mobile phones i love Riskys revenge but ive beaten it many times now.

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Don't know if any of you WayForward/Shantae fans where lucky enough to snag the physical version of Shantae: Risky Revenge: Directors Cut, Shantae And The Pirates Curse, Shantae OST, Risky Revenge: Directors Cut OST &/or Shantae And The Pirates Curse OST from Limited Run Games last Friday.

I was lucky enough to get eveything even though I don't own a PS4 [Wont be selling them on EBay].
I will probably end up buying the Skullgirls 2nd Encore PS4 & PS Vita [don't own a PS Vita either] bundle from Limited Run Games some time next week.

Limited Run Games games
Games

Limited Run Games OST
Soundtracks

Limited Run Games sold out games
Sold-Out

I hope Limited Run Games would do a limited edition of Darkstalkers Resurrection [http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Darkstalkers-Resurrection/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841122f ] , Scott Pilgrim Vs The World: The Game [SCOTT PILGRIM THE GAME]& Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World [http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Sega-Vintage-Collection-Monster-World/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b72?cid ] on PC, XBox 360, Xbox 1, PS3 & PS4.
It seem that [close minded] Microsoft don't do small runs/units on thier games, so Limited Run Games don't make physical version of their products on Xbox 360 &/or XBox 1 systems.

Last edited:

Bluecoffeedog

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
WayForward is just fantastic!
I'm a big Shantae fan!
I just beat Mighty Switch Force the other day, and started into the bonus missions.

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Limited Run Games will be selling their leftover stocks {PS4 games, PS Vita games & soundtracks] for Black Friday [All items will be limited to one per customer unless otherwise specified. Those limits will be lifted at 12PM on the 25th]. They will also be auctioning some of the games that have been returned/ opened and they will be doing some blind boxs on some of their past games.
This will not include pre-order games like Skullgirls.
I think Lab Zero may sell the physical version of Skullgirls on the PS4 & PSVita in the future.

Limited Run Games news
Limited Run Black Friday 2016 Plans

Bid for Limited Run Games
Limited Run Games • View topic - Black Friday Open Box Auction

Last edited:

18/NINE-TEEN

Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Spoiler alert. Here's game play [Not my gameplay] of Steam early access of Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero.
Despite this game not coming on Xbox 360, PS3 & PS TV [WayForward should do right by their backers and port this Shantae:1/2 Genie hero to these consoles as well] the early access version of Shanta:1/2 Genie Hero is cool game to play even with all the bugs in it.
It's the full games. Trying to find my backer name in the backers credits.

I hope there will be some themes/background music/stage music in TFH that will have some vocals in them like BlazBlue, Skullgirls & Shantae: Half Genie Hero. Maybe add some tracks with vocals on them as a bonus tracks in the physical & digital TFH OST &/or unlock a bonus fighting stage that has some vocals in it?

Shantae:1/2 Genie Hero Steam Early Access

[Edit]
Info on when Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero [Digital] will be released.

As for when the physical [No physical version for PC & XBox 1 fans] version of Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero will come out is to check with XSEED GAMES.

A future update should be what the physical rewards will look like and when they will be shipped to backers.
Now to wait and see how the full verison of Shantae:1/2 Geine Hero will play on my PC & Laptop. The Backer Early Access demo plays on my PC but the gameplay slows down on some of the levels [I still need to win a PS4 Pro, XBox 1 &/or gaming PC].

[Edit]
These are my Shantae items I got from Limited Run Games.

WP_20161127_19_05_20_Pro[1].jpg

WP_20161127_18_57_19_Pro[1].jpg

Last edited: