Visual Novels

SubrosianDimitri

The King of Poor Decision Making
Crowdfund Backer
About 5 months ago, I started to get into the Visual Novel genre when I was browsing TV Tropes and decided on a whim to play Katawa Shoujo, and then I ended up playing it for like 4 straight hours. When I looked up at the clock, it was already 2 AM (and I had school the next day too).

They really manage to suck you in with their characters, stories, settings and soundtracks, and I've cried on more than one occasion reading my way through them. The bronies on here might recognize Starswirl Academy as an example of a visual novel. Some anime are also based on VNs, such as Fate/Stay Night and Higurashi.

The VNs I've played so far include:
Hatoful Boyfriend (But not Holiday Star)
Katawa Shoujo
CLANNAD (Haven't finished it yet)
Starswirl Academy
Ace Attorney
Long Live the Queen (May or may not count, but it runs on the Ren'Py engine)

What VNs have you guys and gals played? Do you play them at all? Which ones are your favorites?

Also, if you have no idea what the heck I'm talking about, just check the Wikipedia page to get the basic idea of the genre.

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Personally, the only visual novels I've played are Ace Attoerney (the first 2 games, 3rd to play soon) and the Zero Escpae series (again, first 2 games, and I'm planning on getting the 3rd one when it comes this summer). Aside from that, I've been considering getting Danganronpa for my pc when it releases.

bibliogeek

Sick of tea? That's like being sick of breathing!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
DC
Katawa Shoujo!
and a friend bugged me until I played the Flower Shop - Summer in Fairbrook

Aura

Beautiful Letdown
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Shan Gui (kinetic)
Go! Go! Nippon! My First Trip to Japan (I have not finished this one.)
Unhack
Without Within (The first one.)

I also started An Octave Higher and planetariun ~the reverie of a little planet~ but I never got far into either of them. Really should try again though.

Altashi

Never Was a Wiser
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Western Australia
Played every Ace Attorney but AAvsPL. Also played Virtue's Last Reward and Hatoful Boyfriend. Got Holiday Star, but haven't played it yet.

I posted a cropped screenshot of HB in the Guess the Game thread, but no one picked it up.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
I have a copy of Hotel Dusk Room 215 if that counts. I got it on a friend's recommendation but haven't actually played it yet.