Velvet's c.A and c.B hit high?

Jennatsuné

Apr 16, 2018
I can understand why c.C would hit high, since Velvet sticks her legs up almost to the opponent's chest, but how come c.A and c.B do the same? Is this just a bug I encountered in training mode? I asked another player to test it in their training, same result. What's going on here?

Svierrod

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I'm afraid there might be a miscommunication here? I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say "hits high". Normally, "hits high" refers to a move that cannot be blocked while crouching, and must be blocked while standing. I just checked, and you can definitely crouchblock all of Velvet's crouching attacks.

If you're saying you can't crouchblock Velvet's crouching attacks, try again with input display on and make sure you're holding the right direction. If you're having a different problem, try describing exactly what's happening in more detail, since "hits high" means something very specific and it might not be what you're actually talking about.

Jennatsuné

Apr 16, 2018
My bad, when I said high I was referring to mid (as opposed to overhead) so more precisely, "How come c.A and c.B don't hit low? They certainly look like they should."

ph00tbag

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Oct 19, 2016
I'm not sure her crouching normals all look like they should hit low, tbh. Her c.A jabs at chest level, right in front of her head, and her c.B is a big honking ice crystal that stuffs a lot of jump-ins. Thematically, low hits sweep at the ankles, and Velvet's crouching normals don't really do that. Mechanically, this is not much of a problem, because Velvet's DPs and her 214A provide plenty of low attacks, which are actually moderately safe on block.