Upcoming Games

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
Just wanted a place for everyone to discuss upcoming games that have caught their attention (aside from TFH, of course!). Let everyone know about new gameplay videos or maybe give a quick run-down of a more obscure game!

Blastdown

Guardian Sheepdog
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
blastdown.tumblr.com
Two games have caught my interest recently, both coming out this year.

The first is Hyper Light Drifter, an indie action-RPG game with elements similar to Link to the Past and Diablo. Looks incredibly interesting, and is scheduled to be released this Spring. Music is lovely, visuals are pretty, their gameplay trailer on the Kickstarter page definitely gave me a positive impression - had I known about it during the campaign, I'd have totally backed it.

The second is Planet Coaster, a new Theme Park simulator game by Frontier Developments coming out in the later portion of the year. It's a spiritual successor to the Roller Coaster Tycoon series (for which I loved 1 / 2), and by god does it look a thousand times better than the upcoming Roller Coaster Tycoon World. Their website shows off their announcement trailer, but their youtube account has a couple Development Diaries that showcase gameplay elements. I'm very excited for this game - I personally wasn't very pleased with RCT3, and have wanted a better 3D Roller Coaster type game a long while now.

happyalm

Feb 3, 2016
A game that's been on my radar for quite a few years now is A Hat in Time, a collect-a-thon platformer based on N64 games like Banjo-Kazooie and Super Mario 64 and Gamecube games like Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine. They also have uploaded trailers pretty recently for Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
Doom 4 is coming out in a few months, which makes me excited. Not to mention, Street Fighter V in about two weeks.

While I know those are coming out soon, I'm over here silently waiting for Centralfiction to get ported to consoles.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

Discord Sparkle

Witch of Doom
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Hope's Peak Academy
The games I'm currently looking forward to are Zero Time Dilemma, Kingdom Hearts 3, Danganronpa 3, and whatever the next Zelda's gonna be. And hopefully the detective Pikachu game, if it ever comes out in America.

Ultra Lucky Cat

Best Felyne Food Skill
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Street Fighter 5 is right over the horizon, so I'm pretty excited about that. Besides that, I can't wait for a release date on Ace Combat 7.

Kegradigm

Professional Heister
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The game I'm looking the most forward to is Monster Hunter X, if it gets localized.

Other games include XCOM 2, Street Fighter V, Titanfall 2, and maybe The Division if reviews are positive.

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I mentioned uncharted 4 and dark souls III in another thread. Besides those, Kingdom hearts 3 and the 2.8 remix i'm looking forward to and I hope ffxv ends up being good. Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last Guardian, and Ace Combat 7 are looking good too.

Vixey

Sapphire Maiden
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'm totally psyched for the new fire emblem game and I have the special edition pre-ordered. I also want some halo wars 2 and next year a new mass effect! Also Mirror's Edge Catalyst

I'm also fairly interested in We Happy Few and the mini-series of The Walking Dead: Michonne looks neat.

Mighty Alicorn Hunter

Predator Representative of the Darkside
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
The Council
I'm looking forward to XCOM 2, Kingdom hearts 3...
Ooh, and this one little game you probably haven't heard of called Fallout: The Glue Factory. It's a fan project by Overmare Studios. It won't be done soon, but they're due to release their first public demo any day now.

Last edited:

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
I'm mostly waiting for Dark Souls III, Pokemon Go, and Fire Emblem: Fates at the moment. Pokken Tournament, SMTxFire Emblem, and the new Zelda are in my periphery. I'm also looking forward to giving Cuphead a try whenever it comes out.

Stars

Just a Guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Kansas
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir!

Also looking forward to Vanillaware's other upcoming game (13 Sentinels), though who can say how long it will be before that's out.

Reactions: Stridershy

Quid

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Pokken Tournament and Night in the Woods are the first that come to mind.

Most of you have probably heard of Pokken Tournament already, so I'll just add a link to one of the recent trailers showcasing Chandelure.

Night in the Woods is a crowdfunded game slated to come out this autumn - though if feels a bit odd to say that as it'll actually be spring where I live (Australia). It's an adventure game with a strong focus on story and exploration. I'm not sure quite what it'll be like but the art and ambience is beautiful.

Max APogee

Five gold and a party!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Kent, UK
www.facebook.com
I've not really had my ear to the ground for upcoming games, so I'm not really sure what's on the horizon. However, the one game I am looking forward to is the new Ratchet and Clank game coming out in April (I'm also really looking forward to the movie :D)

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
Doom 4 is coming out in a few months, which makes me excited. Not to mention, Street Fighter V in about two weeks.

While I know those are coming out soon, I'm over here silently waiting for Centralfiction to get ported to consoles.
The new Doom looks awesome, although i'm not sure if my PC can handle it or not, it seems extremely graphics heavy

The games I'm currently looking forward to are Zero Time Dilemma, Kingdom Hearts 3, Danganronpa 3, and whatever the next Zelda's gonna be. And hopefully the detective Pikachu game, if it ever comes out in America.
Detective Pikachu needs to be voiced be Danny DeVito if it ever comes over here

Hatred 2 I hear is gonna be pretty awesome. The first Hatred was so well liked after all.
Wait Hatred 2 is a thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

SquiddyWiddy

Your Local Squid
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Honestly a game much like Hatred came over ten years ago called Postal. Not only is it like Hatred, but is much better in my opinion
I've never played those games. Usually whenever I hear somebody talk about the Postal games, it's all about how bad they are.

Rich Jammer

By the Numbers Accountant
Backers' Beta Tester
Honestly a game much like Hatred came over ten years ago called Postal. Not only is it like Hatred, but is much better in my opinion
If they made the violence more over the top, put tons of metal music, named the main character Nathan Explosion, and changed the name of the game to Metalocalypse I would so totally buy it.

Necroceine

One Fiery Birdie
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Connecticut, USA
It's obviously really early and I may be setting myself up for disappointment but I can't help but look forward to the rhythm-based platformer Punky Town.

I like the character designs enough that one is my new Skype avatar.

Shadowking58

Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
New York
www.youtube.com
How about upcoming DLC as well? Is there any DLC your looking forward to getting when it comes out?

Mine are (Games):
Shadow Warrior 2
Quantum Break

Last edited: