Upcoming forum/site downtime

Anukan

Three Worn Words
Mane6 Developer
Feb 2, 2016
Penzance
Hey guys

Givin' you a heads up, I'll probably be bringing down the site/forums at some point in the weekend, for an indeterminate amount of time to perform some scheduled unscheduled hardcore maintenance and general checkup. E-mail to @mane6.com might also be unresponsive for a bit.

Here's why. We've been receiving a few e-mails from our hosting provider over the week, letting us know we've been hitting the resource cap on our "unlimited" shared-hosting plan, and thus, our share of the thing has been gettin' hit with reboots (A LOT OF REBOOTS), in order to reset the resource usage, until we climb up again to the cap in the "unlimited" plan, and get reboot'd again. This is resulting in some slowness of the forums, the site, and mostly, severely degraded performance on our services backstage (mail, storage, version control, whatnot), so I'm looking at the entire picture and seeing what's what.

Cleanup, maintenance and whatnot aside, I'm expecting we'll be having to take part or all of our junk stored in our current hosting, and push it somewhere else, which would mean a short downtime while DNS propagates again and what not. Maybe. It might just affect the backstage services and thus you guys wouldn't be seeing the move. That ain't happening this weekend, but it's likely to be happening at some point before the end of the month. I want to get it done with enough time between it and the Backers Beta start (since we need the forums working for that), so I'm in a slight rush to get that sorted.

In semi related news, we're lookin' for a good option to host the official M6 pixel lobbies once we hit release. Other than our current hosting, which would probably flip tables at us running those 24/7, we've got a couple promising options lined up, but if you guys know of a good, no-hassle hosting service provider we could hit up for that, let us know. We ain't that tight on requirements. Pretty minimal disk space and needed ram, but unlimited bandwidth would be what we'd be looking for the most.

NeoTensai

Twitch Streamer, Amateur Shoutcaster...
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 11, 2016
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Hey guys

Givin' you a heads up, I'll probably be bringing down the site/forums at some point in the weekend, for an indeterminate amount of time to perform some scheduled unscheduled hardcore maintenance and general checkup. E-mail to @mane6.com might also be unresponsive for a bit.

Here's why. We've been receiving a few e-mails from our hosting provider over the week, letting us know we've been hitting the resource cap on our "unlimited" shared-hosting plan, and thus, our share of the thing has been gettin' hit with reboots (A LOT OF REBOOTS), in order to reset the resource usage, until we climb up again to the cap in the "unlimited" plan, and get reboot'd again. This is resulting in some slowness of the forums, the site, and mostly, severely degraded performance on our services backstage (mail, storage, version control, whatnot), so I'm looking at the entire picture and seeing what's what.

Cleanup, maintenance and whatnot aside, I'm expecting we'll be having to take part or all of our junk stored in our current hosting, and push it somewhere else, which would mean a short downtime while DNS propagates again and what not. Maybe. It might just affect the backstage services and thus you guys wouldn't be seeing the move. That ain't happening this weekend, but it's likely to be happening at some point before the end of the month. I want to get it done with enough time between it and the Backers Beta start (since we need the forums working for that), so I'm in a slight rush to get that sorted.

In semi related news, we're lookin' for a good option to host the official M6 pixel lobbies once we hit release. Other than our current hosting, which would probably flip tables at us running those 24/7, we've got a couple promising options lined up, but if you guys know of a good, no-hassle hosting service provider we could hit up for that, let us know. We ain't that tight on requirements. Pretty minimal disk space and needed ram, but unlimited bandwidth would be what we'd be looking for the most.
Guessing everything went swimmingly?