Underrated/Obscure Video Games

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Anyone remember Paperboy or Spiritual Warfare on the Sega Genesis? Paperboy was SOOOOOO trial and error, and Spiritual Warfare was very... strange, I never knew what to do and I never beat it as a kid.

Reactions: Gamerdude854

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
I think I did play a Paperboy game, a long time ago. I think I never got very far along in it though.

Anyone remember Kid Chameleon? It apparently is an all time top game on Genesis, and got several releases in Megadrive/Genesis game packs down the line.

LLHero25

Master of Illogical Logic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
Bowie, MD
I've actually been wanting to try this game for a while now, although the controls aren't really my cup of tea
Yeah, I understand the struggle to get used to them. It feels almost alien. It didn't completely click for me until halfway through the game. After that it becomes oddly natural. I just pay attention to Neku on the bottom screen and glance up at the top screen every few seconds and mash the button to whatever side the enemies are on.

FateLyre

Crowdfund Backer
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 29, 2016
The Tenchu series is pretty cool, I only played Tenchu 3: Wrath of Heaven and Tenchu Z, but the majority of the games play similarly; you go through Point A-to-Point B missions and utilize ninja gadgets and techniques to sneak through and/or eliminate your enemies.

xCROOKEDx

Strongest Bee in the World!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Talesweaver - Never came to the US, but popular in Asia. One of those classic 2D MMOs that had a charm to it. I actually still play this game.
The Legend of Zelda: Bookworm Hoers Princess - Definitely not unknown, but it feels like a lot of people hopped on the "this is a terrible Zelda" bandwagon. The aesthetic, in particular, although darker/grittier than other Zeldas, is beautiful at times -- especially the boss intro sequences. Not to say the game didn't have problems, but I think it gets trashed far more than necessary.
Talesweaver very briefly had a western beta a few years ago but never went beyond that.
Also, Bookworm Hoers Princess IS NOT and never was considered terrible, nor would be obscure or underrated. However, that perception comes from an odd occurrence between it and it's predecessor; people who loved Bookworm Hoers Princess hated Wind Waker, and people who loved WW hated TP. Adversely to you, for a long time I thought that WW was the hated one (though I like TP better). A bit off topic, but w/e.

Anyways...

• Sudeki - It's a quite beautiful action rpg in a sort of psuedo-fantasy anime art style that was released on Xbox and PC. It's not perfect by any sense, nor is it amazingly memorable, but it's a good deal of fun and very pretty to look at while being one of the best RPGs on the original Xbox. (You can buy it on Steam for like $3 USD via Bundlestars in one of their current bundles.)
  • Threads of Fate/Dewprism - Probably one of the highest fidelity games on the PS1, Threads of Fate is an enjoyable action RPG by Squaresoft (yes, that Squaresoft and that PS1). It's not as good as other Squaresoft RPGs, but it's still worth a playthrough, especially since it's only like 10-15ish hours long.
  • Mystik Belle is a PC Metroidvania / Puzzle Adventure game hybrid in a psuedo-16bit style. While it has plenty of issues, (unnecessary inventory management being the primary concern) it's a pretty enjoyable game with pretty darn good music. You can get it on Steam for like $5, and you can get the sound track for free on Bandcamp, IIRC.

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
I don't know if people who were around during the PS1 days would agree with me when I say Spyro because those were really good games back in the day, I didn't play alot of the PS2 games or any of the Nintendo games (except Eternal Night on the Wii) but Dawn of the Dragon on the Xbox 360 was cool and I still play the original trilogy on the PSP. Also I found this picture of Cynder and Luna and it's too cute not to share. :)

A88mph

Game Maker and Starship Captain.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 4, 2016
a88mph.itch.io
I don't know if people who were around during the PS1 days would agree with me when I say Spyro because those were really good games back in the day, I didn't play alot of the PS2 games or any of the Nintendo games (except Eternal Night on the Wii) but Dawn of the Dragon on the Xbox 360 was cool and I still play the original trilogy on the PSP. Also I found this picture of Cynder and Luna and it's too cute not to share. :)
The only Spyro game I've ever played was Legend of Spyro on the Gamecube. I still have yet to play the other games in that series. But I will say that it a bit sad that Spyro is kinda stuck in the Skylander series now. Will he ever get another game on his own?

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
The only Spyro game I've ever played was Legend of Spyro on the Gamecube. I still have yet to play the other games in that series. But I will say that it a bit sad that Spyro is kinda stuck in the Skylander series now. Will he ever get another game on his own?
Oh god you are missing out on the best Spyro has to offer

Spyro basically followed Crash rules (or pretty much anyone who got popular in that time)

-First game - establishes the series, decently hard
-second game - starts adding more gimmicks but basically solidifies the gameplay to it's best
-third game - adds way more gimmicks to freshen up the gameplay so it's not as solid as the second but it's still a great game
-everything after that: yiiiiiiiiiiiikes might as well pass this up (...sorta, a Hero's Tale is actually pretty decent - it's not amazing but it was a pretty good game. It changed up the gameplay to be more just open world and less individual levels, which kinda works but also kinda feels wander-y at times. It was at least better than Year of the Dragonfly)

The trilogy after that was bad, I heard the first and third games were okay but my only experience was Eternal Night which was bad
really really really bad

Year of the Dragonfly could have been a great game but they were rushed to get it out in time for the holiday season so they shipped a pretty much unfinished game. It's got like 10 levels so it's over and done quickly and it's ending is the most slapped together thing

Basically this is all you need to know about Enter the Dragonfly

Trapped in Skylanders purgatory is pretty eh... but I mean
at least it's better than everything before it

I kinda wish he'd pull a Rayman and get his own series back after it was hijacked by background characters.

Also the first game had the best music, the whole soundtrack was done by the drummer for the band the Police and it's just a treat to listen to. You can really hear the sound it's super distinct (pretty sure one of the songs was used as the outro for the Amanda Show on nickelodean too)

DeathTheGordon

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
Scotland
The trilogy after that was bad, I heard the first and third games were okay but my only experience was Eternal Night which was bad
really really really bad
Eternal Night was weak although that was the one I had on the Wii, a New Dawn was kind of meh from what I remember but it has a strong voice cast and Cynder's backstory is cool. But the best of that trilogy is Dawn of the Dragon, Spyro's all grown up, you can play as Cynder and Mark Hamil voices Malefor. :)

I kinda wish he'd pull a Rayman and get his own series back after it was hijacked by background characters.
Yeah that is both a shame and better than nothing and I got Spyro, Cynder and Sparks but I think the closest we'll get is a spiritual successor similar to Yooka-Laylee or Bloodstained. :(

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
Oh god you are missing out on the best Spyro has to offer

Spyro basically followed Crash rules (or pretty much anyone who got popular in that time)

-First game - establishes the series, decently hard
-second game - starts adding more gimmicks but basically solidifies the gameplay to it's best
-third game - adds way more gimmicks to freshen up the gameplay so it's not as solid as the second but it's still a great game
-everything after that: yiiiiiiiiiiiikes might as well pass this up (...sorta, a Hero's Tale is actually pretty decent - it's not amazing but it was a pretty good game. It changed up the gameplay to be more just open world and less individual levels, which kinda works but also kinda feels wander-y at times. It was at least better than Year of the Dragonfly)

really really really bad

Year of the Dragonfly could have been a great game but they were rushed to get it out in time for the holiday season so they shipped a pretty much unfinished game. It's got like 10 levels so it's over and done quickly and it's ending is the most slapped together thing

Basically this is all you need to know about Enter the Dragonfly

Also the first game had the best music, the whole soundtrack was done by the drummer for the band the Police and it's just a treat to listen to. You can really hear the sound it's super distinct (pretty sure one of the songs was used as the outro for the Amanda Show on nickelodean too)

Crash had a couple good games after the third one

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
Crash had a couple good games after the third one
Crash 4 was okay... I guess
Idk I really liked it as a kid and it had some good ideas going on but it didn't really have the same charm as the old games had - like it didn't have all the entertaining death animations or stuff like that, it just felt like it missed the mark a ltitle. Though Travelers Tales in general did a pretty good job on it, at least in comparison to some other sequels they ended up making (I was surprised to find they made a lot of notoriously bad sequels/spinoffs to big name games before becoming "that lego game company" - they were responsible for Sonic R if I remember correctly).

Crash Twinsanity was so close to almost being good but clearly were rushed into releasing early and ended up releasing a buggy unrealized half finished game that had shining moments mixed in with incredibly frustrating bad gameplay. And it's sad too since from the concept art they had a lot of good ideas going into the game and it has one of the most creative soundtracks I can think of (going almost full acapella was a really bold move but in the end makes it really creative and memorable even if it's not exactly something I'd say is my fav or listen to on it's own).

Hadn't played any games for it after that though I just sorta accepted my reality that Crash and Spyro were bad now then

Nitro Kart was really good though, i was kinda surprised - it beat Mario Kart to the punch on a lot of things too like anti gravity cars and racing on the walls and stuff (like Mario Kart games 2 or 3 games down the line started using the exact same concepts in it). I had a lot more fun with the original CTR when I was a kid but maybe that's just nostalgia speaking, Nitro Kart was a definitely worthy sequel

phooobs

Internet Person
Backers' Beta Tester
Nitro Kart was really good though, i was kinda surprised - it beat Mario Kart to the punch on a lot of things too like anti gravity cars and racing on the walls and stuff (like Mario Kart games 2 or 3 games down the line started using the exact same concepts in it). I had a lot more fun with the original CTR when I was a kid but maybe that's just nostalgia speaking, Nitro Kart was a definitely worthy sequel
Yea i really remember liking that game.

As far as under rated games go 'Gunvalkyrie' was one that I think fits. cant recall a lick of the story but I remember it having a really cool areal combat and maneuver system.

And as far as obscure games go, you cant get more obscure than '1-ton' for MS-DOS.

Gamerdude854

Pizza Pasta
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 7, 2016
Canada
Idk I really liked it as a kid and it had some good ideas going on but it didn't really have the same charm as the old games had - like it didn't have all the entertaining death animations or stuff like that, it just felt like it missed the mark a ltitle. Though Travelers Tales in general did a pretty good job on it, at least in comparison to some other sequels they ended up making (I was surprised to find they made a lot of notoriously bad sequels/spinoffs to big name games before becoming "that lego game company" - they were responsible for Sonic R if I remember correctly).

Crash Twinsanity was so close to almost being good but clearly were rushed into releasing early and ended up releasing a buggy unrealized half finished game that had shining moments mixed in with incredibly frustrating bad gameplay. And it's sad too since from the concept art they had a lot of good ideas going into the game and it has one of the most creative soundtracks I can think of (going almost full acapella was a really bold move but in the end makes it really creative and memorable even if it's not exactly something I'd say is my fav or listen to on it's own).

Hadn't played any games for it after that though I just sorta accepted my reality that Crash and Spyro were bad now then

Crash Of The Titans and Crash Mind Over Mutant were terrible games, so you didn't miss out

Laurel Crown

Leader of the Proud Nation of Velvetia
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016

At least you didn't played that trainwreck that is Crash Tag Team Racing

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
CTR was the first kart racing game I played before I eventually got to play Mario Kart 64. I remember my brother buying that v shaped adapter to have 4 players, we mostly played battle mode. He also used the cheat code that unlocks Penta Penguin. I think it might have been my most played PS1 game.

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
CTR was so much better than Mario Kart 64 tbh
I vastly prefered it over Mario Kart games until Mario Kart became the only option...

I miss arcade Kart racers, someone's gotta revive the market SOMETIME please...

Speaking of arcade racers I had this one game for the PS2 that was apparantly a long line of games released in Japan but the only one released in the US and it was SO FUN. It was one of those games where you could customize every aspect of your car but it was more kart racer type customizations like putting wings on your car or boat propellers etc.

Basically you had so many slots and like... on the top you could put wings to take advantage of flight sections or you could put something else on it that'd make it drive faster normally or etc. It had a lot of specific things like that where you could choose to approach things differently depending on the race track and I always found that fun - like you could get floats and float on top of the water in water segments, or you could instead just get the propeller and submarine it under the water - you might even get new shortcuts avaliable if you took one path over another depending on how you equiped your car. It was fun and I liked the boxy toy-like art style to it

It was something I ended up renting at blockbusters but rented it consecutively for several weeks because I liked it so much
Apparantly it was called Penny Racers some other places? I remember it as Gadget Racers though

Also it had the most campy disco intro song it's great

Cinnamaldehyde

DDR Savant
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 10, 2016
Lake Stevens
CTR was so much better than Mario Kart 64 tbh
I vastly prefered it over Mario Kart games until Mario Kart became the only option...

I miss arcade Kart racers, someone's gotta revive the market SOMETIME please...

Speaking of arcade racers I had this one game for the PS2 that was apparantly a long line of games released in Japan but the only one released in the US and it was SO FUN. It was one of those games where you could customize every aspect of your car but it was more kart racer type customizations like putting wings on your car or boat propellers etc.

Basically you had so many slots and like... on the top you could put wings to take advantage of flight sections or you could put something else on it that'd make it drive faster normally or etc. It had a lot of specific things like that where you could choose to approach things differently depending on the race track and I always found that fun - like you could get floats and float on top of the water in water segments, or you could instead just get the propeller and submarine it under the water - you might even get new shortcuts avaliable if you took one path over another depending on how you equiped your car. It was fun and I liked the boxy toy-like art style to it

It was something I ended up renting at blockbusters but rented it consecutively for several weeks because I liked it so much
Apparantly it was called Penny Racers some other places? I remember it as Gadget Racers though

Also it had the most campy disco intro song it's great
I remember that game! It was a lot of fun.
Seeing it now reminds me of ChoroQ, I don't know if anybody knows that game. It was basically a town simulator, but with cars.

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
Seeing it now reminds me of ChoroQ, I don't know if anybody knows that game. It was basically a town simulator, but with cars.
It's actually the same series, I forgot the Japanese name but one of the games from that were released in the US under the name Gadget Racers
I think the European Release was Penny Racers?

It's specifically Choro Q HG 3 or something but I think it's the only one we got in the US
Looking at the Wiki acctually it's the second one we got in the US, but the first one was called "Road Trip Adventure" (which was Choro Q HG 2) for some reason and had an edgier box art
no clue why they changed the title again, Choro Q's got a better more unique ring than both of them to begin with

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
I just remembered this old PS1 game that I really enjoyed, I think it was called "Future Cop" or something along those lines. I'll look it up later and edit in a video or picture.

Anyways, in this game you played as a...future cop. But you got this cool, Transformers-esque mech that could change from a walker mech to a hovercar (with gratuitous amounts of sci-weapons). But the best part was this game mode that was like a hybrid RTS/3rd person action game. You had your mech, but you were in control of a base and could produce tanks and helicopters to fight with; your enemy also had a base with the same. You could fight each other for control of the map (there were neutral turrets and bases that you could each claim). The game was over once a tank entered its enemies base; it was incredibly tense when one of those things got near a base. Best part was that the mode could be played either single-player (against an AI that used a fighter jet for some reason) or split screen against your buddy.

EDIT: Found a video of the game, specifically the game mode I mentioned above (and it also shows the in-game tutorial video in case my explanation sucked)! Also, I just realized that it's pretty much a MOBA style game mode, just way before MOBAs even existed.

Last edited:

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
Also, I just realized that it's pretty much a MOBA style game mode, just way before MOBAs even existed.
The genre as far as I know actually came from a Starcraft 1 map called Aeon of Strife, all throughout the Wc3 period where they were popular before moving on to being the next big trend in gaming everyone called them AoS's - it's quite possible that they started before this game came out since Starcraft 1 was released a year earlier

D96

Michigan Wolverines Fanatic
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Michigan
www.reddit.com
The genre as far as I know actually came from a Starcraft 1 map called Aeon of Strife, all throughout the Wc3 period where they were popular before moving on to being the next big trend in gaming everyone called them AoS's - it's quite possible that they started before this game came out since Starcraft 1 was released a year earlier
Oh, that's actually quite interesting! I didn't even realize that this game came out after Starcraft. I've heard of Aeon of Strife before, since it's like the "grandfather" of DotA. But now I'm curious, I wonder if the first iteration of Aeon of Strife came out before or after Future Cop. It's probably coincidence that their gameplay is similar, but who knows, maybe one was inspired by the other. Either way, it's interesting to think about!

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
Oh, that's actually quite interesting! I didn't even realize that this game came out after Starcraft. I've heard of Aeon of Strife before, since it's like the "grandfather" of DotA. But now I'm curious, I wonder if the first iteration of Aeon of Strife came out before or after Future Cop. It's probably coincidence that their gameplay is similar, but who knows, maybe one was inspired by the other. Either way, it's interesting to think about!
it's a starcraft 1 map so it's not really a proper game persay

Dota was a warcraft 3 map just the same

It entirely came out of the modding community, it's kinda funny after that it became an actual like... big budget thing - now everyone wants to make one

Back in warcraft 3 modding days though everyone hated dota because all the players were really pretentious and everyone thought the map was lackluster for it's cultish following. Most of the competitive community actually completely seperated themselves from Blizzard's official hosting platform with battlenet and instead used Garnia or whatever that third party hosting program is that basically turns lan matches into an online matchmaking system.

I heavily doubt that any commercial release at the time was inspired by the map though, it wasn't even a very huge thing until the warcraft 3 dota map started getting a big competitive following. If it came out after Future cop though it might've taken some inspiration from it. Thing is though Starcraft didn't have support for hero units, those were added in warcraft 3 to try and incorperate more RPG systems into the game. I never did play starcraft 1 online so I'm not entirely sure what the gameplay was like but I'd imagine it more had the concept of 2 armies fighting from opposite sides of the map with the players trying to push.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I just remembered this old PS1 game that I really enjoyed, I think it was called "Future Cop" or something along those lines. I'll look it up later and edit in a video or picture.

Anyways, in this game you played as a...future cop. But you got this cool, Transformers-esque mech that could change from a walker mech to a hovercar (with gratuitous amounts of sci-weapons). But the best part was this game mode that was like a hybrid RTS/3rd person action game. You had your mech, but you were in control of a base and could produce tanks and helicopters to fight with; your enemy also had a base with the same. You could fight each other for control of the map (there were neutral turrets and bases that you could each claim). The game was over once a tank entered its enemies base; it was incredibly tense when one of those things got near a base. Best part was that the mode could be played either single-player (against an AI that used a fighter jet for some reason) or split screen against your buddy.

EDIT: Found a video of the game, specifically the game mode I mentioned above (and it also shows the in-game tutorial video in case my explanation sucked)! Also, I just realized that it's pretty much a MOBA style game mode, just way before MOBAs even existed.

The way you discribe this game makes me think of the old Battlezone games for PC. Man I loved those.

danmiy12

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 7, 2016
Hawaii
Some old school games I love and still love popping in from time to time

Dark cloud 1 and 2:real time action rouge style dungeons with weapon tree building and randomized dungeons...2 added awesome voice acting and streamlined it perfectly

Titan Quest and its expansion: imagine if diablo 2 had multi-classing...pick 2 of any class and play though it...also the gear scaled so much better if you are lv14 for example you can get a unique that ranges from lv 11-18 (lot better then diablo2 or 3) in higher diffulties you had to manually dodge attacks and some outright kill you <so its not a button masher> my fav is warden (hunting+defense) which in diablo2 terms is if a character was allowed to place points in the amazon tree and the palidin tree and oh boy being a spear user that has amazing defense is so good...

or a bowncharmer (hunting+spirit) which is very simular to a d2 character that can place skill points in both the necromancer and amazon trees which mix so well...gotta love cursing enemies then killing them at long range with bows...and you can summon a liche king (very similar to necro golems...an amazing tank)

On ds theres ouendan and Elite beat agents...idk if any other rhythm game can match its top notch touch screen only gameplay rhythm...

SomewhatGoodGate

Just your average everyday Gate.
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The first game I want to talk about is a game called Future Tactics: The Uprising. I found out about this game about 6 or 7 years ago when I was visiting my older brother and my father. My brother being the gamer he is had his old PS2 with him and had found this game, I believe, in my fathers garage tucked away somewhere. My brother ended up not liking it but I found a certain charm that attracted me and I took it home and played it. I found the game, while difficult at times, very enjoyable. Believe me it is not the most glamorous game out there and the story is nothing to write home about, heck I don't even remember what the story was about in the first place, something about aliens. I am not really sure what it was about this game that I liked so much and to be honest I'm not sure if it is obscure or not, I just know that I had fun with this game. I'll let a video show some of the gameplay.

(if the video doesn't work because of my incompetency then here is a link to it)

Another game I want to mention is Singularity for the PS3. This is a game you can literally go to gamestop, maybe, and buy it for like $5 or maybe even less (US Dollars btw) My friend showed lent me this game and after I played it I marveled at why I hadn't seen anything about it before. I mean a game about a device that manipulates the time of objects, I at least think that's flippin awesome. I actually am not sure if it is actually that obscure I thought so because I hadn't heard about it until a few years ago.
The video below is when you first get the TMD (Time Manipulation Device). I believe the video is in Russian but it is still really cool, and there should not be any spoilers in the video.

(and if I am still incompetent there is this)

The game above is much more than just making things young and old but I feel that saying anything further might ruin the surprise of the game, if there is one that is.

This last one can skip if you feel like because it is probably just me and few others who think this but why is inFamous one and two so under appreciated or at least under played. I don't know I just feel like for some reason even though Sucker Punch made two fantastic games either no one has played them or everybody forgets about them, and sure the series got more in the lime light when Second Son was the launching product of the PS4, but I still feel that the first two had almost no followers. Heck I went to a convention in which at least half was about gaming and I only got about six comments on a Good Cole cosplay I had on, I had the amp and everything (from inFamous 2 if you didn't catch that). Ugh I don't know, I just think that two great games with great stories and even greater gameplay deserve to be more in the mainstream.

Sorry about that rant there I just really like the inFamous series and hate to feel like I'm one of the few who actually like it (Pre-Second Son).

Shadow of Death

Grushdeva Du Kalt Misht
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
steamcommunity.com
@SomewhatGoodGate - InFamous is a pretty well known game series....I mean, it's one of the most pushed exclusives for Sony devices. This was true even before Second Son, but yes Second Son would be the starting point for a lot of people because it was basically a flagship Launch Window game for the PS4.

I actually got Singularity day one. I never got around to finishing it (as is my custom), but it was fairly alright yeah.

fah_q2

Just some guy
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
This last one can skip if you feel like because it is probably just me and few others who think this but why is inFamous one and two so under appreciated or at least under played. I don't know I just feel like for some reason even though Sucker Punch made two fantastic games either no one has played them or everybody forgets about them, and sure the series got more in the lime light when Second Son was the launching product of the PS4, but I still feel that the first two had almost no followers. Heck I went to a convention in which at least half was about gaming and I only got about six comments on a Good Cole cosplay I had on, I had the amp and everything (from inFamous 2 if you didn't catch that). Ugh I don't know, I just think that two great games with great stories and even greater gameplay deserve to be more in the mainstream.

Sorry about that rant there I just really like the inFamous series and hate to feel like I'm one of the few who actually like it (Pre-Second Son).
The inFAMOUS game are great, it was one of the first games I played when I got the PS3. inFAMOUS 2 was my favorite game in the series. I don't think it count as an obscure game since it's pretty well known.

Whitetail

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 3, 2016
soundcloud.com
Dark cloud 1 and 2:real time action rouge style dungeons with weapon tree building and randomized dungeons...2 added awesome voice acting and streamlined it perfectly
Dark Cloud was my jam, my first introduction to roguelikes and still my fav of it
It was a really neat balance of like, Animal crossing village type gameplay solving problems for other people and dungeonearing

Everyone who acts like I just "don't like roguelikes" when I say Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is bad I wanna slap across the face with Dark Cloud (or FTL for that matter)

Efrath

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Sweden
Iji, Daniel's base It's FREE to download and play, features a fun singleplayer experience where you play as young woman whom, reluctantly, has to save the world from an full blownout Alien invasion after being turned into a cybrorg, more or less.

Her response to killing changes gradually as you play, and you can do a full Pacifist run or just kill everything you see, both offering different endings. There's a small RPG element to it in which you can level up various abilities. There's secrets too which also helps offer another ending.

It also has some kickass music.