Thougts on new AI balance

Valsion

Feb 24, 2018
When first starting TFH I made the mistake many of us probably did and went into Arcade mode without lowering the difficulty. The AI of the game was BRUTAL and non-pros had very little chance of beating it. The infuriating part was that it often seemed like the AI did that thing where it reads your controller input to stay on top of you (something that made Seth from SF4 so frickin hard.). After going through Arcade mode on normal today though, I would say the current balance is perfect for AI difficulty. Normal was not too hard, not a cakewalk and many rounds ended with me not having that much health left. Biggest Problem was Pom, since her puppies gave her so much reach. Good job from the Mane6 Team.

Super Zat

The Quack Up
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 4, 2016
I think its much better on normal. they are a challenging but fair. mind you so far I've only gone to the end as Velvet under the new AI.

Before pom(always first fight for me) seemed invincible blocked everything I could throw at her minus one or two hits.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

beta

Mane6 Dev
Mane6 Developer
Feb 24, 2016
For now yep.
AI is currently second priority to getting PvP as sooth and trouble-free as possible, since that's what creates real replay value for most people in fighting games.

Alevgor

Canis Imaginatus
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Was AI of the salt mines changed or it is for Arcade mode only?

super hurricane

Feb 13, 2016
Well, hopefully the AI Difficulty will be adjusted, like one of those scale level things they put on the Super Smash Bros CPU in which it can go from easy 1.1 to super hard 10.9.

Valsion

Feb 24, 2018
Pom AI still be borked. Pap as well. We're not nearly done with AI revisions yet as that's gonna be extremely important in story mode.
Strange, Paprika did not cause me that much trouble during my run. But perhaps I was just lucky.

Pom d'or

Gave himself a fake award
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 6, 2016
So, will story mode have selectable difficulty level? Or is it 'baked in' (i.e. the AI for certain fights is set at a certain difficulty as part of the story)?
If you're not taking that kind of question on story mode yet, I'd understand.

Valsion

Feb 24, 2018
So, will story mode have selectable difficulty level? Or is it 'baked in' (i.e. the AI for certain fights is set at a certain difficulty as part of the story)?
If you're not taking that kind of question on story mode yet, I'd understand.
Maybe something in between. Have some as a sort of intermediary between Easy and Normal when you select Normal as difficulty and others on a scale between Normal and Competent.