Thems' Tabletop Herds 1 Year Anniversy Festival!

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Hello everyone! Nearly a year ago, a discord server was created for fans of Tabeltop games like D&D and Pathfinder to meet, discuss and play said games.

Well, come the 23rd of November, that humble server will turn One Year Old!

And we're gonna celebrate the way only tabletop nerds can: By having a big ol' Tabletop Festival!

Here are the lovely, lovely details;

What: An open tabletop event where anyone is invited to bring their Pathfinder or D&D 5e character (or anyone else for that matter!) and play said character in a grand festival that's being DMed by TWO DMs (perhaps even more!).

When: Saturday the 2nd of December, from 9am to 9pm PST. Anyone who wants to come can come and go as they want, and stay for as long or as little as they please!

Where: At our Discord channel, as well as possibly Twitch (further details forthcoming)

Who: Any and all are invited! Even if you don't have a D&D 5th Edition character or Pathfinder character, you are more then welcome to come and Role Play as a character all the same! Or even just come and participate without!

Why: Because it's always exciting when something turns a year old, SO FREAK YEAH!

How: Each DM (Dungeon Master) will be running different sections of the Festival in the which several events will be hosted, thus allowing for many people to do many things all at once. And since we'll be running it all day, there will be plenty of time for people to try things.

"Okay, so, do you have specifics? Like, a schedule or specific events planned out?" - An interested person.

Why yes, but that information is under construction. As we update the information and gain new events, we'll be posting them right here for all to see! Also: If you'd like to participate in some way (like, say, stream something or contribute in some way), PM either StriderShy, or myself.

So, come one, come all! Come and celebrate one year of tabletop, TFHs style*!

*This event is not officially affiliated with nor endorsed by TFHs, its staff, or any official body in connection to the game. Though ofc they're free to attend as well ;)

Last edited:

Stridershy

The King Of Goat Style
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
The Place Where Goats Are
Sup nerds. I'm one of the DM's that's going to be taking part in this big thing. Just wanna toss some extra info.

I'm going to be taking care of the Pathfinder side of things. Got some interesting things lined up, maybe. The schedule will be split up between both me and OC, with (currently) 3 main events that will combine both sides. What are these main events? Not telling, come join the event on the 2nd to find out!

We will have an open PVP arena (More than likely held by a third DM) that will go for the majority of the day. So if y'all wanna make a few one off characters to fight in the arena, you're more than welcome. Since there are two mechanics going into this entire event, D&D 5e characters will fight other 5e characters. And of course, PF characters will do the same. Not all the details are final, so stay tuned to this thread!

If you have any questions about either Pathfinder or D&D 5e, don't be afraid to toss me or OC some questions, we're both more than happy to help! Anyways, that's it, for now.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Hello all!

And here it is at last, the Master Schedule (which is subject to change up to the day of the Festival, which is Saturday, Dec 2):

All times are PST

9:00 AM - 9:15 AM ~ Opening Ceremonies
9:15 AM - 12:00 PM ~ Open RP and Festival Grounds
10:00 AM ~ Slayer's Pit Opens
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ~ Tabletop Trivia! (With an actual prize for the winner!)
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM ~ Open RP and Festival Grounds
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM ~ Big Team Battle
5:00 PM - 7:15 PM ~ Open RP and Festival Grounds
7: 15 PM ~ Slayer's Pit closes
7:30 PM - 8:30 PM ~ The Final Event
9:00 PM - Closing Ceremonies

Tabletop Trivia: Join us as Stridershy and OCisbestungulate busts out the random trivia questions for fan of tabletop to test their knowledge against! What kinds of questions will we be asking, and about what systems? That's a secret! Winner will be the one who gets the most correct questions at the end of the contest, and will be rewarded with one of three prizes!

Big Team Battle: Join us on the main stage as mighty heroes from two of the current tabletop games on the Thems Tabletop Herds server (the Huoshan Hunter's Guild and Fate of Foenum) join forces to take down a truly mighty beast! And win or lose, both Ethaes and KYMSnowman will commemorate the occasion with a piece of art!

The Final Event: Join us for an event that will be the grandest capstone a festival like this could call for! We won't spoil the secret, but trust us when we say that it's gonna be epic!

In addition to this, both Stridershy and I will be posting individual schedules for our little sections of the festival. Those posts will be soon in coming.

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
And here is the schedule for my side of this fine festival!

9:00 AM - Opening Ceremonies 9:15 AM - How do I tabletop?
10:00 AM - Tips and Tricks for Character Creation
11:00 AM - How to make a D&D 5e Character
12:00 PM - Main Event, No Activities
1:15 PM - Tabletop Story Time
2:00 PM - GM Round Table
3:00 PM - Dungeon Crawl
4:00 PM - Main Event, No Activities
5:00 PM - Big Team Battle Winddown Party
5:30 PM - Tabletop Story Time: Round 2!
6:30 PM - The Carnival of Games!
7:15 PM - OCisbestungulate's Section Shuts Down
7:30 PM - The Final Event
9:00 PM - Closing Ceremonies

And here are the descriptions for the events:

How do I tabletop? – If tabletop is a term that sounds like aliens trying to speak through a broken translator, or it’s simply a concept or term you don’t really know much about or understand, then this is the place for you! During this time, OCisbestungulate will be discussing what exactly tabletop is, what kind of game it is, and how it’s played. A Q&A session will be part of it, so feel free to ask just about anything you’ve been wondering about.

Tips and Tricks for Character Creation
- Always wanted to make that REALLY cool OC you had and wanted to bring them into a tabletop game? Ever wondered how to make a character that will be fun or interesting (or both) to play? How do I backstory? How do I make them OP? Here is the place and time to ask those questions, as OCisbestungulate as well as other seasoned players will share their tricks of the trade and pass on their experience to you.

How to make a D&D 5e character
– What it says on the tin. After hearing all of those neat tricks on what to look for and how to make your character, it’s time to get down to the nitty-gritty and make them real, in D&D 5th Edition that is! Even if you don’t have a specific character in mind, it’s still a good experience to learn how 5e works, and the mechanics of character creation in that system.(edited)

Tabletop Storytime
– Here we’ll share all kinds of stories from our various tabletop adventures. Have a good story? Come right on in and in 5-7 min, let us hear it! (All stories must be family friendly)

GM Round Table
– Here Game Masters (A.K.A. Dungeon Masters) will get the chance to share tips and tricks about becoming a GM (or DM), being a GM, and running a successful tabletop game. If you’ve always wanted to become one, or are simply curious as to what it’s like behind the proverbial DM’s Screen, this is the place for you.

Dungeon Crawl
– Here 4 lucky heroes will get the chance to head into a dungeon and face all kinds of danger! There will be monsters, traps, secrets, and of course, LOOT! It’s a fine opportunity to try out Tabletop if you’ve not had the chance, or to simply watch and listen to those who decided to brave the depths of this dangerous place.(edited)

Big Team Battle After Party
– After a session, it is always good to sit around and simply chat about what happened and talk about the events that unfolded. During this 30 min, we’ll have exactly that chance to wind down and relax after that fierce battle, and chat with one of the GMs who ran it.

Tabletop Story Time: Round 2! - Back for another hour of sharing amazing/funny/tragic stories of out experiences with tabletop games and all the shenanigans that happen therein! As before: if you have a good story to share in about 5-7 min, and is family friendly, feel free to share with us.

The Carnival of Games!
– Do you like carnival games? Do you like playing silly little games and winning stupid little prizes? Then welcome! Here there will be all kinds of silly games that are related to tabletop, and even a few that will not! What games will be there you ask? Well, you’ll just have to see!

Last edited:

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
Amazing how time flies, isn't it? That said, tomorrow is the big day! Come, join us for a spell as we celebrate a year of being nerds and fans of Them's Fightin' Herds! We'll be running the whole thing from 9am PST to 9pm PST, so there's plenty of time to simply pop in for a bit and poke around! So come on in and meet more fellow nerds, learn a bit about Tabletop games, and relax and have a great time.

0Zero100

Alpaka Representative/Robot Family Bear
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Bryan, Texas
Welp, better late than never I suppose. I guess now is as good a time as any. So.

Hey everyone. I will be running Zeros (shared) pit of death! Where you can make a character and come see how well it stacks up against other characters in the age old debate "My OC is better than your OC." We will be offering the standard 1v1 matches along with 2v2, 3v3 and FFA. Free-For-Alls. No alliances to one another. We will be using the 5th edition and Pathfinder rules. So if you're only familiar with one or the other, we've got you covered. And even if you don't know either one, we will try our best to help in the hours before. (Because I honestly should have done this much sooner, man I'm lazy!)

If you'd like to join in, then you are going to need a 5th level character of your chosen system. We have the full list of rules in the text channel for Zeros pit of death, but here's a few that will help in character creation.

5th edition characters are allowed one magical item of Common or Uncommon Rarara. Along with 400 gold to spend as they see fit. Feats are available instead of the ability score improvement at level 4.

Pathfinded characters are given 15,000 gold to spend on whatever they want. This is replacing the gold amount you would get at 5th level. You just have 15,000, that's it.

More rules are, as previously stated, in the text channel, but that should be a good start for now. Hope to see you there!

And even if you don't have the time to make a 5th level character, there's nothing wrong with just role playing a character while you're out and about at the other events going on. Have fun!

OCisbestungulate

Always watching you
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
behind your curtains
I can't make any weekend events. If only someone would make a Wednesday thing and name it something camel related, since it's hump day. lol
We currently have a D&D 5e Elder Scrolls game running on Wednesday nights from 6-8 or 9pm PST. It's full atm, but you're not the only one who can't do stuff during the weekends, so who knows? Perhaps if enough people like that end up on the server, then perhaps a second Wednesday game could start.