Them's Fightin' Herds Release Date Announced

Max Robinson

*laugh in meme*
Crowdfund Backer
Apr 26, 2016
After a quick scroll through the comments of all 4 articles I can say the feebdack is pretty positive. Of course brony hate is inevitable but most of them take it well.
Ps: Again, does the dev have an official Discord channel for the game?

Reactions: Ferettoko and Nadia

edzepp

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 26, 2017
I hope that the game gets a lot of good YouTube traction! ( I will definitely watch Two Best Friends play it at least ) ^-^
The Best Friends have been very willing to talk about it, so I agree, toss 'em some final(ish) code and let them have at it.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Erkicman

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
I'll say it again, I just want to see FloE play this once, find out by accident that teabagging gives you a unique taunt animation, and go, "Wait, wtf was that?!"

edzepp

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
May 26, 2017
I'd rather wait for the game to come out before people let's play it.
It can just be a limited demo with multiplayer. Just something with complete animations and music to get people excited.

WindBreaker

Looking to get back into fighting games.
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 9, 2018
Earth
The Humble Partnership, rotating the game around the fighting game circuit community, and getting a cross-promotional deal with three very well-known fighting game franchises is a fantastic start to a game launch.

But there's timing to consider.

I don't want to rain on the parade too hard, but is there any concern about this game launching so very, very close to Dragonball FighterZ? That game was pretty big news, and I don't know if one month is going to be enough for the hype to die down. It's possible that this game might have a hard time being seen underneath that kind of shadow. I think I'd be irresponsible if I didn't ask this question.

To be clear, I don't follow fighting games or fighting game news at all. Not really. I'd heard a few things about DBFZ in the weeks/months leading up to it, and then all of a sudden it looked like literally everyone was playing, streaming, reviewing, commentating, and obsessing over the game. This is the kind of game that the hardcore enthusiasts and even the non-gaming public can get hyped about.

Was the launch window of DBFZ known when TFH's launch date was decided? Was the launch date considered a calculated risk, or is this a potentially dangerous surprise that could stunt the growth of the game's population? I'm worried that there's a good chance that all the streamers who would otherwise be happily playing this game and giving it publicity will still be in the honeymoon phase of a DBFZ obsession.

Everyone here badly wants this game to be as massive a success as it deserves to be. From the old backers, the old guard on the forums here, to people who are getting excited at seeing a quadruped-based 4 button 2d fighter with a wonderful dynamic music system. Most of all, I'm sure, you devs.

I have no idea where to even begin imagining the gears that had to be turning and all the paperwork and deals that had to be in place to decide when the game would finally be available to the public for purchase. For all I know, it could have been so long ago, with so little information about the release dates of other fighting games in the industry that this was unavoidable bad luck.

If it's not lawyer-guarded information, I'd love to know how the release date decision was made. Who made it, what information was used to decide, and whatever other bits of release date related trivia you'd be willing to share.

CamTSB

僕は誰なんだろう?
Mane6 QA
Feb 2, 2016
Ontario, Canada
twitter.com
Man I... really hate to do this to such a well thought out and well worded post but here we go.

To be clear, I don't follow fighting games or fighting game news at all.
That's alright, we do. Especially myself and Oreo because we play, and Anu because he's PR and always follows releases of stuff. So here it is.

is there any concern about this game launching so very, very close to Dragonball FighterZ?
No.

neopokekun

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 5, 2016
While you should obviously save your money for TFH it's the Lunar New Year Sale on Steam right now (February 15th to 19th) and the discount for the cross-promotion games are:
  • Skullgirls and the 2nd Encore upgrade are both 70% off.
  • BlazBlue Centralfiction is 50% off.
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is 50% off and the Rev 2 upgrade is 30% off.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
While you should obviously save your money for TFH it's the Lunar New Year Sale on Steam right now (February 15th to 19th) and the discount for the cross-promotion games are:
  • Skullgirls and the 2nd Encore upgrade are both 70% off.
  • BlazBlue Centralfiction is 50% off.
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator is 50% off and the Rev 2 upgrade is 30% off.
If anyone is curious:

Skullgirls + 2nd Encore = $7.48
BlazBlue Centralfiction = $19.99
GG Xrd Rev + Rev 2 = $31.49 ($41.99 for the Deluxe versions)

SunnySideUp64

Wants to hug all the floofy things
Crowdfund Backer
Jan 21, 2017
I don't know if this has already been asked, but here it is. If we paid for the $15 tier, do we need to provide a link to our Steam account to get the digital code, or what?

Pegapnea

Pone
Feb 19, 2016
So I know the game itself will be $15, but will there be any dlc-like things on release available for purchase like soundtracks or cosmetic packs? I just want to make sure I keep enough funds in my steam wallet to buy everything when it comes out.

Reactions: Orcool

VendiMANS

Argentine fgs player
Feb 5, 2018
Buenos Aires
So I know the game itself will be $15, but will there be any dlc-like things on release available for purchase like soundtracks or cosmetic packs? I just want to make sure I keep enough funds in my steam wallet to buy everything when it comes out.
Aside from maybe the soundtrack I don think so, we are talking about passionate indie devs, unlike some AAA publishers that offer day-1 dlc

Orcool

Loves you to death
Feb 11, 2018
If you aren't a Backer you will have to pay for the Goat Character. Outside of that nothing else has been announced. The soundtrack release could happen through Steam but, since it's up to the musician(s) behind it, Nobody really knows.

Reactions: Salty Beef

ChaosContrl

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
Finally, after what looks like 2 years or something, version 1.0 of the game is about to be released!!! All this hype, all this barely contained patience, all this hard work and determination, will reward more than a greater adventure to everyone involved!

Reactions: Salty Beef