Them's Fightin' Herds Release Date Announced

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com

And boom goes the dynamite. Release date confirmed. Scary. Exciting, too. (Watch the universe reach heat death on the 21st just to mess with us).

Everyone backing the project from the crowdfund in the relevant tiers ($15 and above) will of course get their retail game key when the game releases, but it would help us a lot if you guys gave us an extra hand to make Them's Fightin' Herds's release have a big splash in Steam by wishlisting the game in there. The more eyes we can get on the game, the better chances of it performing well are, and the more we can redouble and retriple our already secured commitment to supporting TFH post release, so hit 'em wishlist buttons!

Did you watch the trailer all the way to the end, by the way?; If so, you might have noticed we have been in talks with the folks at Arc System Works and Lab Zero/Autumn Games to make some officially licensed crossover cosplay cosmetics. Owners of Skullgirls, Blazblue Centralfiction and GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 on Steam will be unlocking these cosmetics to use on all characters in the Lobby automatically. No additional setup should be necessary there. If you don't yet own those games and would like to unlock the cosmetics immediately on release as well, there's still time to purchase them ahead of Them's Fightin' Herds release later this month​

CrossPromotion-SteamImages.png

You might have also noticed some MORE news attached to the date reveal as well. Mainly, that we've partnered with the awesome folks at Humble Bundle for Them's Fightin' Herds' release. That's actually some pretty big news, because as part of the deal (where we get a professional hand with both Humble Bundle and Jebailey helping us with promoting and marketing the game, which is brilliant), Humble Bundle has provided us with the funding necessary to continue supporting Them's Fightin' Herds during and after we reach the final milestone of our promised crowdfund content (Game, Goat DLC and Goat story), which in here also means "additional characters will exist after Goat", (expanding our roster of characters!), as well as opening up lots of exciting options and possibilites for the future of the game, which is great.

And if all the news weren't enough, we can also tell you we have a patch coming up to the Backers' Beta to introduce a pretty anticipated feature happening this week as well.

Thank you, everyone, for supporting Them's Fightin' Herds, and hope to see you (and all your friends) ingame on the 22nd!

Love,

- Mane6.

Last edited:

waspennator

Can you truly spare a predator?
Crowdfund Backer
Feb 3, 2016
Wait, why does the steam store page say February 2017?

Delusional Dreamer

Dreamer of Delusional Dreams
Sep 29, 2016
The Moon.
steamcommunity.com

And boom goes the dynamite. Release date confirmed. Scary. Exciting, too. (Watch the universe reach heat death on the 21st just to mess with us).

Everyone backing the project from the crowdfund in the relevant tiers ($15 and above) will of course get their retail game key when the game releases, but it would help us a lot if you guys gave us an extra hand to make Them's Fightin' Herds's release have a big splash in Steam by wishlisting the game in there. The more eyes we can get on the game, the better chances of it performing well are, and the more we can redouble and retriple our already secured commitment to supporting TFH post release, so hit 'em wishlist buttons!

Did you watch the trailer all the way to the end, by the way?; If so, you might have noticed we have been in talks with the folks at Arc System Works and Lab Zero/Autumn Games to make some officially licensed crossover cosplay cosmetics. Owners of Skullgirls, Blazblue Centralfiction and GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 on Steam will be unlocking these cosmetics to use on all characters in the Lobby automatically. No additional setup should be necessary there. If you don't yet own those games and would like to unlock the cosmetics immediately on release as well, there's still time to purchase them ahead of Them's Fightin' Herds release later this month​

You might have also noticed some MORE news attached to the date reveal as well. Mainly, that we've partnered with the awesome folks at Humble Bundle for Them's Fightin' Herds' release. That's actually some pretty big news, because as part of the deal (where we get a professional hand with both Humble Bundle and Jebailey helping us with promoting and marketing the game, which is brilliant), Humble Bundle has provided us with the funding necessary to continue supporting Them's Fightin' Herds during and after we reach the final milestone of our promised crowdfund content (Game, Goat DLC and Goat story), which in here also means "additional characters will exist after Goat", (expanding our roster of characters!), as well as opening up lots of exciting options and possibilites for the future of the game, which is great.

And if all the news weren't enough, we can also tell you we have a patch coming up to the Backers' Beta to introduce a pretty anticipated feature happening this week as well.

Thank you, everyone, for supporting Them's Fightin' Herds, and hope to see you (and all your friends) ingame on the 22nd!

Love,

- Mane6.

AHHHHHHH THIS IS GREAT! So happy to hear about a release date, and even more so to hear that you guys are being backed by Humble! I can't wait to see what's in store, and I can't imagine what sort of things we'll see with that kind of support.

Null Serene

Feb 4, 2018
Can the additional cosmetics be unlocked at any time post-release, or will there be a set time-period?

So unbelievably hyped anyway, have been dying for a date for a while now.

Reactions: Delusional Dreamer

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
Can the additional cosmetics be unlocked at any time post-release, or will there be a set time-period?

So unbelievably hyped anyway, have been dying for a date for a while now.
We have a licensing agreement there for a certain period of time (which we can't disclose right now, because reasons of a contract nature), after which we'll either need to renew, or stop the promotion. It's a relatively long period, but of course, getting the items in sooner rather than later guarantees you will have them available. Once acquired, you should keep 'em unlocked in your account, even if our licensing agreement expires and we can't drop 'em for new customers.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

Oh man those crosspromotional outfits are a surprise, and they're AWESOME. What's super sad though is not only do I not own all 3 of those games on Steam, I actually own Skullgirls on 360, and I have BB Chronophantasma Extend (NOT Centralfiction) on Steam, only because a friend of mine gave me an old Humble Bundle code for it. Sadly I'm unwilling to buy 3 entire fighting games just for some costumes, but even so, that's super awesome that you landed the crosspromotion.
Yo can crowdfund backers get those costumes though pls, I kinda need me some Sol Badguy Tianhuo

The best part of all this though, is this:

THANK YOU HUMBLE BUNDLE, and even more congrats, Mane6!

Now to wait for voice acting......

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
Yo can crowdfund backers get those costumes though pls, I kinda need me some Sol Badguy Tianhuo
While that'd be cool, getting new purchases to Skullgirls, Blazblue and Guilty Gear is part of what makes letting us make the official crosspromos a good deal for ArcSys and LabZero/Autumn, and is also part of what opens up doors for future collaborations, so they'll have to remain crosspromo owners only.

SmokeRulz

Where there is smoke, there is fire!
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
While that'd be cool, getting new purchases to Skullgirls, Blazblue and Guilty Gear is part of what makes letting us make the official crosspromos a good deal for ArcSys and LabZero/Autumn, and is also part of what opens up doors for future collaborations, so they'll have to remain crosspromo owners only.
Yeah I know, it's a crosspromo deal and all, so it's expected. I'm just being silly~

Null Serene

Feb 4, 2018
We have a licensing agreement there for a certain period of time (which we can't disclose right now, because reasons of a contract nature), after which we'll either need to renew, or stop the promotion. It's a relatively long period, but of course, getting the items in sooner rather than later guarantees you will have them available. Once acquired, you should keep 'em unlocked in your account, even if our licensing agreement expires and we can't drop 'em for new customers.
Hopefully long enough for a sale to pop in, but if worse comes to worse I'll buy at the last possible minute, gonna do literally everything possible to support this for sure.

View attachment 2473

I don't know if this has been asked before, but why is there no preorder option? Has the final price not been decided yet?
They stated on their twitter that it'll be $14.99!

Mane6Dev

The Powers that Be
Mane6 Developer
Jan 25, 2016
The Hold
mane6.com
View attachment 2473

I don't know if this has been asked before, but why is there no preorder option? Has the final price not been decided yet?
$14.99. Cross promo item owners might get a discount of sorts, we're looking into it. Steam doesn't give us a preorder option. It's one of those things you have to ask for and get manually set, we suppose. You can still wishlist the game to get notified when it releases, though, and that helps us get the game on the front page.

Rodya

Perpetually tired
Jul 31, 2017
Coahuila, México
$14.99. Cross promo item owners might get a discount of sorts, we're looking into it. Steam doesn't give us a preorder option. It's one of those things you have to ask for and get manually set, we suppose. You can still wishlist the game to get notified when it releases, though, and that helps us get the game on the front page.
Aight, glad to be of use:olliebigsmile:.
Screenshot_20180205-173555.png

JetN

Backers' Beta Tester
Backers' Beta Tester
Feb 3, 2016
North Carolina
I wish you guys the best on release. I am extremely excited to hear about the deal with humble bundle and the additional content that's going to happen. I may not be extremely involved here but i love the game so far and i love everything i'm hearing.

Will the additional characters have story modes?

Last edited: